UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

Don't get me wrong now. I have a lot of respect for Zeman and his unorthodox attacking teams, but he always has something to complain when he loses when it is clear though that his attacking tactic often cost him the game.

Blimey it all kicked off on the pitch during the Valencia - Werder Bremen match. Both teams were clearly angry and Anders "the Clown" Fisk lost all control. Players were kicking lumps out of each other then he sent someone off and chaos descended - what did he do, well it looked like he ran away from the scene. I think a saw a Valencia player spit at a Werder player, which is out of order and inexsucable no matter how poor a ref is - but UEFA need to take a long hard look at Frisk's ability (or total lack of ability) to control a game.

Too bad Valencia lost. But im very sad because out Russian brothers have lost their place in UCL. Hope they will go far in UEFA cup. hope our brothers from Kiev will go through tommorow.

Great, Porto won.... what a relief.... Porto this season is playing so bad that i was surprised the won... great goal by diego btw! ;)
ufff... probably porto will get knocked out in the next round... but at least we weren't kicked out in the first stage! :)

too bad that wasnt in. if it was i would get 100euros(it is not much money for Western countries but it is a fortune for Croatia). i will nevery get any money ever, i hate living here.

but i always lose. at sunday i needed Roma victory, and saturday Swindon conceded goal in 90. and last week East Striling draw at Queens Park!!!!And that E.Striling is a piece of s... i dont have any luck

Man I'm glad Arsenal didn't buy Angulo. His behaviour was disgusting.

how many games do you think angulo will be susspended?

Probably 5 or 6, 2-3 will be for the red card and then extra for the spitting. Hopefully they'll remove Frisk from the Champions League Group of Referees, he's not up to the task - most of his games have gone out of control, it was like a pub brawl near the end of the match tonight.

Great win by Werder, waited til almost end and then score two gol in the end by Valdez (21). I loved it to see Valencia go mental, shows what a bunch of retards they are. I hope all the players who were kicking, spitting and punching get a long suspension.

Anyone hear what Ranieri said? "I understand why Roma fans threw a coin at Frisk.... He doesnt know how to referee a game" ..... abit harsh.

Did saw Valencia-Werder.
After Inters 3d goal i began playing PES...
Well i think most Belgian football fans are glad the agony is over...Anderlecht was weak, very weak...Maybe the worst team in the CL ever...
But on the other hand, i just read that 159 clubs in Europe have a bigger budget than ANderlecht. If you know that it's not bad to be with the best 32 (although the way they played was a disgrace...).
Well lets be positive from now on it will be fun to watch...

gerd said:
Maybe the worst team in the CL ever...
Nah. They weren't even the worst on the night. That title surely goes to Rosenborg.

gerd said:
Did saw Valencia-Werder.
After Inters 3d goal i began playing PES...
Well i think most Belgian football fans are glad the agony is over...Anderlecht was weak, very weak...Maybe the worst team in the CL ever...
But on the other hand, i just read that 159 clubs in Europe have a bigger budget than ANderlecht. If you know that it's not bad to be with the best 32 (although the way they played was a disgrace...).
Well lets be positive from now on it will be fun to watch...
Is it just me or is Kompany overrated? After watching a few Anderlecht games, he hasnt impressed me.

kel said:
Great win by Werder, waited til almost end and then score two gol in the end by Valdez (21). I loved it to see Valencia go mental, shows what a bunch of retards they are. I hope all the players who were kicking, spitting and punching get a long suspension.

Haha, did you see how Werder's Borowski showed his middlefinger to the Valencia supporters and then ran away like he pulled some cheap prank?

'When you see the referee give them more than you, then you feel as though you are being shafted. Now I understand what happened to him at Roma when they hit him on the head.'

-Ranieri

Although I can understand why Ranieri was upset, I wouldnt say Frisk was that biased last night... he was just a crap ref. He lost control of the game, and was pretty inconsistant, when the chips were down he literally ran away. When players started slapping each other, instead of trying to calm them - or even obserbign who was doing what he turned his back and ran away to the halfway line... Maybe the incident at the Stadio Olympico has has mentally affected him, but either way UEFA need to look as his performances as theyve gone very shoddy these past few games - he's become a liability for UEFA and perhaps they should remove him.

French clubs show tonight !!!! \\:o/

Lyon 5 - 0 Sparta
La Corugna 0 - 5 Monaco

:lmao: and the 2 clubs finish in the first place

anybody knows why Juve played without Sponsor?and the Keeper in a Nike Training Kit?

OPM said:
anybody knows why Juve played without Sponsor?

Might be because there are sanctions in Israel over Libyan companies ? (Tamoil is Libyan)

OPM said:
and the Keeper in a Nike Training Kit?

Probably Buffon - never the same kit twice with him.

cfdh_edmundo said:
Might be because there are sanctions in Israel over Libyan companies ? (Tamoil is Libyan)

Probably Buffon - never the same kit twice with him.

thanks for the info. :)

The draw for the English clubs is quite narrow as there 4 of them (cant play each other, or the other team in the groups theyve just come from).

Liverpool can play:-
Inter, Juve, AC Milan, Lyon, Leverkusen

Man Utd can play
Inter, Juve, AC Milan, Monaco, Leverkusen

Arsenal:-
Real Madrid*, Bayern, Barca, Bremen, Porto

Chelsea:-
Real Madrid*, Bayern, Barca, Bremen, PSV.

* - I still hope these clowns are kicked out of the competition, but UEFA seems to have swept the issue of their racist Ultra Sur fans under the carpet - strange it only took them 1 week to punish Roma for the Frisk incident.

thats a great thought. its horrible what these people have done, the romans injured, and mildly at that, ONE person, while the ultras were targeting an entire race of people.

somethings not right

-fb

Yeah well the 3-0 default result meant Roma were unlikey to progress. Also it was one Roma fan, but it sounded like a lot more than one Real Madrid fan making the noises at Juan and Roque Junior.

Real Madrid will play one of the following teams :-

Monaco, Juve, Lyon, Arsenal, Milan, Inter or Chelsea.

All of those teams have black players in their 1st team (eg, Evra, Thuram, Essien, Henry, Dida, Adriano, Drogba) - its not fair that these players should be exposed to such disgraces, and UEFA must know that the Ultra Sur will do such things again.

If UEFA dont do anything (and it seems they wont) I hope Real are drawn vs Inter and Adriano scores a hatrick against them in the Bernabeau.

Hahaha check out the Sparta Prague goalie vs Lyon, its the mother of all cock ups.

speaking of lyon:

Lyon in double shirt controversy

LYON, France, Dec 8 (Reuters) - Olympique Lyon midfielder Bryan Bergougnoux challenged one of soccer's most controversial rules when he lifted his shirt to celebrate scoring against Sparta Prague in the Champions League on Wednesday.

The 21-year-old scored a goal in stoppage time to seal a 5-0 victory for the French side before lifting his shirt to reveal an identical one underneath and being booked by Austrian referee Konrad Plautz.

FIFA and UEFA rules state that a player should be handed a yellow card for lifting his shirt to reveal another garment underneath, which is usually a Tee-shirt carrying a slogan or a message to a friend or loved one.

'I knew that I was going to score tonight,' he told reporters. 'And I'd told myself it would please the crowd if I threw a shirt at them.

'I was expecting to get a yellow card but as I knew I had few chances to be picked as a first choice for the next Champions League games, I decided to do it all the same,' he said.

Lyon's victory sealed top spot in the Group D standings.

what a wally :D

-fb

Back
Top Bottom