UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

Re: UEFA Champions League 04/05 Thread

Milanista said:
. But Nesta-Maldini were a stunning pair in defence as no chances were allowed but the Ronaldinho goal. The eto'o goal was Kaladze's fault.

I actually felt the Eto'o goal was Maldini's fault. Eto'o ran deep and was being covered by Maldini, after Xavi's throughball though Maldini just stopped running and jogged instead allowing Eto'o to get infront of him and get to the ball.

Sabac Red said:
Ronaldinho's goal was brilliant, my top go so far followed by Maakay's unstopable volley.

In the Inter/Valencia game how comes the defender who picked the fight with Adriano did not get sent off aswell?

Bremen look like the darkhorses of this tournament this season...

The ref didnt see the original hit on Adriano. UEFA is inspecting it.

Adriano is a very moral player, he hit back because he was slapped in the face first. Poor lad.

He's let himself down badly though. Other players will think they can aggrivate him now, I think he'll be targetted now if hes not careful.

Milanista said:
The ref didnt see the original hit on Adriano. UEFA is inspecting it.

Adriano is a very moral player, he hit back because he was slapped in the face first. Poor lad.

Sorry, but I hope he'll get 20 games for this, terrible what he did. No matter how moral he is.

Right now

juve 0-0 Byern

Half time alot of chances for byern but Buffon is too good \\:D/

Juve alittle bad in this match, but they seem to be ready for the second half and to score :mrgreen:

hopfally they qualafiy

Real had a lucky referee again. Salgado foul on Verpakoskos should have been a penalty.

Del Pieroooooooooo.......Now we can rest some of our top players for the remaining 2 games.

looks like totti has covered himself in glory again :roll:
what the hell is his problem? his double stamp was disgraceful
he is a great player and doesn't need to do that kind of stuff
he's lucky ramelow didn't kick the shit out of him

YESS!! We're through!!
Great match, surely not a dead one! My hart still beats...it was thrilling until the last second, with a great response by Buffon on Makaay.
Great Juve, I'm so happy!!!! :applause:

hey has anyone else noticed this? sparta is a club who's sponsored by nike but not wearing the total 90 shirts... theyre the only ones ive seen do this

51661676.jpg

-fb

Last edited by a moderator:

cfdh_edmundo said:
Real had a lucky referee again. Salgado foul on Verpakoskos should have been a penalty.

That ref is a disgrace...the foul on Verpakovskis wasn't the only time Real benefitted from his decisions. He was very eager to pull cards for Kiev, whereas the annoyong fouls of most Real players broke the flow in Kiev's game and he never interfered. If you are a ref with a litle bit of feeling for a game, you pull cards for that sort of fouls. It took the edge out of Kiev's play...It's isn't the first time a saw him and he always advantages the big clubs. I really liked Kiev's team they deserved more against Madrid in both matches, although the penalty yesterday was rather stupid (it clearly was a penalty). I was impresed by Kleber.

About Totti: he must be the most stupid player in the game...no matter hoiw talented he is (and he is talented) i would never want him in my team (but who am i...).

You are Gerd, my friend, Amnesia strikes again eh? :lol: ;)

Yeah the big teams always get the decisions for me in these games.

Juve are looking excellent at the moment, certainly the team of the round considering the group their in.

FD

Who do you think from the evidence of recent results who will win the Champions league?

My predictions are one of 3

AC Milan
Juventus
Manchester United

on recent results i wouldn't put man u there. they are too inconsistant. were just drawing on purpose to make people think we are struggling, its aaall strategy.

Of course the old drawing on purpose strategy one that Man Utd have been using a lot this season! Poor Arsenal seem to have lost their poor "confidence" bless em. Is that a strategy as well? or have United made them a teeny weeny bit scareded? Is Reyes have nightmare of a giant Gary Neville chasing after him and kicking him!

There is one United

If Man Utd play a decent team in the knockout stages they'll be annihalated in the away leg. Juve, Inter, Milan, Barca - all could beat Man Utd with consumate ease.

No way. Man United don't have a bad history away in the champions league do they? so theres no reason to say they won't do well and at home we're imperious. Although we are going through a tough time I expect us to improve drasticly

The team will come when they are used to playing with eachother. What happened to Arsenal for the three years that United won the trophy in a row. You're seeing the benefits of that time learning and playing together now. I believe United next great team could easily be the greatest yet. Honestly.

no way. you don't have a good enough set of young players to be good un the future. all you have is ronaldo and rooney that are any good. fletcher?

Well, over the past 5 years youve gone out mainly because of defeats in the away legs at Porto (2-1), Madrid (3-1), Bayern (you lost both home 1-0 and away 2-1),

The only exceptions were v Leverkusen when you lost on the away goals and Real Madrid (99-2000) were you drew 0-0 at their stadium ant lost 3-2 at home. Simply put youve not been nearly good enough over the past 5 years in the knockout stages.

footieBalla said:
hey has anyone else noticed this? sparta is a club who's sponsored by nike but not wearing the total 90 shirts... theyre the only ones ive seen do this
What about Man Utds away kit

bradley1886 said:
no way. you don't have a good enough set of young players to be good un the future. all you have is ronaldo and rooney that are any good. fletcher?
Rossi? Spector? Liam? Rio, Brown, saha, smith and howard are all mid twenties

Back
Top Bottom