UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

haha you lot must be really really poor players if you cant win the CL in any level on this game

I was Arsenal and won it the first ever time i played it. And i never ever put a sports game on anything less than the hardest settings because the rest are just pants. The same goes for PES, i find Fifa a little challenging though

haha you lot must be really really poor players if you cant win the CL in any level on this game

I was Arsenal and won it the first ever time i played it. And i never ever put a sports game on anything less than the hardest settings because the rest are just pants. The same goes for PES, i find Fifa a little challenging though

I play beautiful football my friend. Sometimes I worry more about the quality of my football than the result! I have restarted campaigns many times with different teams but finally am sticking with Valencia.

DJ DOC - Play on World Class mate, the other modes are shit.

I've won it twice with Liverpool on Pro and once as Valencia (with David Villa scoring 14 goals in all) and yesterday started a WC with Milan.

First game a narrow, unjust, away defeat, second game a comfortable win at home to Celtic. Roll on tonight, I'll be playing until the cows (and my girlfriend) come home. :-p

its easy to win on world class setting plus i got an achievement when i won it for the 3rd time

@ Dazfeeder - I guess you have the game sussed then?

Any tips on how to defend? I still let far too many goals in where the CPU just dances through my sh*te challenges.

mjp: Basically mate keep everyone in front of the attacker. Keep switching players and keep the back line as spread out as possible. Only slide when URGENT and don't hold down ANY button to tackle, just watch the ball and wait for them to make the move. That is the way I play and I don't concede many. :)

Cheers El Diego - I'll give that a go tonight.

If it doesn't work, and I concede any goals then I can hold you directly responsible ;-p

i just hold the A button all the time in defense, closes down the player and makes it virtually impossible for them to play around you, if ya do the same in midfield you always get a great chance to score cus the opposition pushes forward when they have the ball and if ya get the ball back straight away then you always out number the oposition mate, so basically jut hold A lol

Odd, that ban came from nowhere! Sure going on so much about UEFA ddoesn't mean kicking him out? ;)

Seriously, its obviously more than that, curious though.

For making a post with "SPAM" in, and for starting a thread about thread, I'm presuming.

Oh what a beautiful moooooorrrrrrning... :8):

You know when you wake up and you think "I just fancy a game of football online today" or whatever? Well that's how I felt this morning. I watched Football Focus and then I was dying to have a game.

I played UEFA three times and every time, I got a guy who just banged through-balls to the forwards and scored, time and time again, and whenever there was a pause they would let the 30 seconds count out without actually making any changes.

Is it worth getting PES back for online matches (not at all interested in anything else on it)? Or are the PES online matches the same?

Is it worth getting PES back for online matches (not at all interested in anything else on it)? Or are the PES online matches the same?

Pes online is superb, in all fairness, jack.

There was an update last week, and I have not been cheated on since(dunno if this is a fix, or I've just been lucky)

Just avoid (most) Spaniards/Italians.

Lag monkeys the lot of 'em.

and don't play offline, its just nasty.

Stick to the thousands of UK players and you will not look back.

Takes a hell of a lot of getting used to again, after fifa/champs league.

But it is well worth it mate.It feels like a new game.

This thread isn't for Fifa07 but it'll do, so I finally buy a 360, sign up to Live on a Silver account, boot up Fifa07, go to update the rosters and it says I'm not allowed to do it because of my live access level or something, is that true I need a Gold account just to update the roster? If so that's some seriously fucked up shit :(

Yep, you need a Gold account to access stuff like that. Anything to do with games going online needs Gold mate.

anybody noticed how the refs sometimes don't give out bookings or red cards in online matches. I played one guy who constantly kept hacking me down to stop me creating chances. (blasting cheat) none of his players were getting booked though.

I still beat him though but i was seriously getting pissed off.

Small fifa08 tidbit i saw today on a dutch gaming show. They were at some EA producer MeetandGreet, although the hosts said the producers didnt want to say anything concrete on their games, and they talked to the fifa07/08 guy (joe booth who was wearing a leeds shirt) and asked for something, anything. Anyway he responded by saying the first team they made for 08 was leeds utd. A small confirmation that lower league teams are in it. Thought id share ;)

Nice, a very welcome feature, though why we're happy about this feature is crazy as the power of consoles these days and the last few years, these features should be standard by now.

FIFA is definately going to be making steps forward, Konami are really going to have to work hard on PES now having already lost a lot of fans. I think if PES doesn't improve DRASTICALLY then the next PES could be the final straw and end up with PES going back to how it started, a small hardcore base of fans and being alienated again by the general public.

Ok so I splash out and buy a 3 month gold card at my local mall, update the Fifa07 rosters, start a manager mode game as Newcastle, only to find Giuseppe fucking Rossi in the squad!!!! Some please tell me there's a way to play manager mode with the downloaded rosters? :(

Edit: Scratch that I figured it out, yes of course it makes sense to load default rosters whenever quitting manager mode, fucking EA!

Last edited:
Small fifa08 tidbit i saw today on a dutch gaming show. They were at some EA producer MeetandGreet, although the hosts said the producers didnt want to say anything concrete on their games, and they talked to the fifa07/08 guy (joe booth who was wearing a leeds shirt) and asked for something, anything. Anyway he responded by saying the first team they made for 08 was leeds utd. A small confirmation that lower league teams are in it. Thought id share ;)

either that or EA believe leeds would get promoted lol

You know when you wake up and you think "I just fancy a game of football online today" or whatever? Well that's how I felt this morning. I watched Football Focus and then I was dying to have a game.

I played UEFA three times and every time, I got a guy who just banged through-balls to the forwards and scored, time and time again, and whenever there was a pause they would let the 30 seconds count out without actually making any changes.

jack, i play alot, the lag in the states from what i heard is not that bad compared to europe(not sure why). I get some awesome matches and then i get some boring ones... of course there are always the jerks that use the same teams, inter, barca, brazil.... but thats when i play a friend, it really kicks ass.. jflores and i had a game, with st etienne vs lens, and it was so much fun... just get some freinds who play and schedule some time to play, jflores if your out there, lets play soon mate...

there is no lag for me....strange some people get it

i still reckon pro evo on ps2 is better but this plays better than pes on xbox 360 if you know what i mean....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom