UEFA Euro 2008

I found that selling the game totally eradicated that problem for me :DD

---

On a more serious note though I got rid of the game after about 3 weeks after the annoying keeper can't actually save a shot unless its travelling at about 1 mile an hour thing really fucked me off during an 8-1 loss against some cunt who was France against my England team online. The limited number of teams and the fact that people are only out to win and not play for fun meant that the number of games I played against France really, really got on my fucking tits.

Its not a full game by any stretch of the imagination and EA should not have released it as a full price title, they rushed to release the game in order to cash in and as such that is why it is how it is.

So many people are looking at the positives in the game and there are some but imo the negatives much outweigh them

So true mate, I player more games against France than any other team.

However, aside from all the negative things in this game's gameplay, it has served it's purpose in the online fun factor for me. My record is 12 wins and 6 losses I beleive online. I am winning games and despite it's annoying flaws, I manage to work around them to still get the most out of it online. The game has a lot of potential in my opinion. The things they need to fix will get fixed. I'm sure EA will take notice of the complaints and cater to our needs. This in itself excites me and gives me something to look forward to in FIFA 09.

My 2 cents.. ;-)

To solve the gk problem you can also try all manual settings, it's harder to shoot to goal and there are less parried shots because less shots go to target. I know anyway there will be gk problems sometimes, but playing offline multiplayer with my frieds, I really can't find it a big issue. We play Belgium vs Austria and teams like that and play for the fun and trying to do nice build ups. Maybe all that has something to do with it.

In my opinion there are worst problems, mainly MANUAL no being entirely manual the lack of deffense in the midfield, and being unable to push a faster player when it goes through your player... and the terrible accuracy of passes and shots, specially in the "long" mode... oh, and maybe the complete AI in single player that renders the game useless if you don't have a friend online or nearby.

I still don't quite understand how someone could go back to Fifa, it has the same goalkeeper issues and the slow reaction times and other flaws which we all know by now vs the many advancements Euro has made which i think makes it a much superior game even without the teams. True there's way too many douchebags that always use France, but Fifa everyone uses Barcelona (or Man U). (I have no idea what enjoyment they get from life to use the best team in the game every game I think online video games prove that there there are way too many douche bags in the world...anyway). I guess I'm biased so far cause I've been playing games offline mostly against my bro, so I would say if you have friends to play with the game is definitely great. And the speed definitely doesn't unbalance the game as we were playing 10 minute halves with plenty of 1-0 and 2-1's. Also semi auto shooting for me I have score plenty of great goals (though as ive said keepers are a bit too good).

I think things look very good for FIFA 09 as EA seems to be actually listening to fans for a change, hopefully they listen to the right people :)

I found that selling the game totally eradicated that problem for me :DD

LOL, top bloke

I still don't quite understand how someone could go back to Fifa, it has the same goalkeeper issues and the slow reaction times and other flaws which we all know by now vs the many advancements Euro has made which i think makes it a much superior game even without the teams. True there's way too many douchebags that always use France, but Fifa everyone uses Barcelona (or Man U). (I have no idea what enjoyment they get from life to use the best team in the game every game I think online video games prove that there there are way too many douche bags in the world...anyway). I guess I'm biased so far cause I've been playing games offline mostly against my bro, so I would say if you have friends to play with the game is definitely great. And the speed definitely doesn't unbalance the game as we were playing 10 minute halves with plenty of 1-0 and 2-1's. Also semi auto shooting for me I have score plenty of great goals (though as ive said keepers are a bit too good).

I think things look very good for FIFA 09 as EA seems to be actually listening to fans for a change, hopefully they listen to the right people :)

The thing is when I first played Euro 08, I vowed to never go back to Fifa 08 after playing this game constant since it was released, I played Fifa 08 last night..............and it was not as bad as I remembered, yes I know its faults, but for some reason I can live with them........at least I can tackle properly again.

Ah... I had to stop playing manager mode on FIFA since on high difficulties it hardly mattered how bad the team was. For me both games are all about multiplayer :)

sorry but manager mode ABSOLUTELY SUCKS. The AI is so bad, i dont even know how you guys can play that longer then 5 games...

Just got this yesterday.. didnt play it enough tho to give my feedbacks.. but i must say there is some different gameplay than that of fifa 08.. just played 2 games till now playing by the france national team.. dont have xbox live yet tho to get online and play with human players.. gotta invite some friends to my house to try it offline multiplayer.. i think a.i is a little stupid

obviously! and you guys never felt a difference with players in PES! different strokes for different folks i guess
Obviously we did see differences in players and it was more striking in PES than in FIFA, but all that leads to is people picking Inter/Brazil and just shoot with Adriano, because from certain positions any shot with him was a goal.
Same with Martins/Wright-Phillips/Ronaldo/Ronaldinho, people would just pick the teams with the fast players and leg it up the wing then cutback.

I would rather play a game online where the person who controls the players better and uses good tactics wins rather than the one that can exploit a certain players abilities the best...

Obviously we did see differences in players and it was more striking in PES than in FIFA, but all that leads to is people picking Inter/Brazil and just shoot with Adriano, because from certain positions any shot with him was a goal.
Same with Martins/Wright-Phillips/Ronaldo/Ronaldinho, people would just pick the teams with the fast players and leg it up the wing then cutback.

I would rather play a game online where the person who controls the players better and uses good tactics wins rather than the one that can exploit a certain players abilities the best...

i think gomito means old time PES, where evan with the players diference highlighted u couldnt make those cheap goals so easy.

at least WE on the psone and WE on the Ps2 until WE6-FE were like that for me..
after that, this kind of play u described began to happen waaaay too much, taking away the realism sense of the game.

really? ummm doesnt sir alex use or as you call exploit, ronaldos abilities to win... that is a tactic mate! :) i want the combination of both. I want the ability for kaka to take a game over, beating a defender here, playing a brilliant one two and ripping a shot off(happend in old school PES), hardly in fifa because the response times are shit... I want the ability to slowly build my attacks with one and two touches thruy the pitch to the goal... oh wait that did happen with the shit teams in old school PES... BUT pes turnend shit liek you guys said and it was too easy to exploit teams abilities like brazil, inter... i think that sucks, i think there needs to be a balance, but i think in fifa its not balancend at all, its plain vanilla.... with the exception of a few teams and very very very few players, that can dominate a game

Felt a difference, yes. Thought it was a wonderfully significant element of the game which made it worth sticking with PES, no.

well would you agree that element needs to be carried to fifa? i think its a HUGE element that is missing from the EA series...

It needs to be carried over to an extent, but not to the extreme that it became in PES.
The fact that they overrated some players and underrated a lot of players always pissed me off about PES, anyone who wasn't at a top club couldn't be any good was their opinion it seemed, with a few exceptions. Making every bad team a load of shit, these are professional players even if they are not at the very best clubs.

If you are going to make player attributes make such a difference they need to be accurate. Just imagine a game like Football Manager with PES' attributes, it would be awful.

PES got it wrong though imo, they made it so that bad players would underhit the simplest passes - Just because someone isn't very skilful it doesn't affect their ability to side foot a pass to someone 10 yards away at a decent speed, anyone could do that yet in PES they made it so that professional players couldn't do it.

The dribbling became stupid too, instant 90 degree turns = bullshit. Not only do they look silly and make dribbling too easy, they defy the laws of physics. If you are going to make players better dribblers, give them some realistic tricks and better ball control, not impossible physics defying ones.

It is there a bit in FIFA though - Gerrard will score more long shots than other players, Martins will be faster than most defenders, Ferdinand will win most headers etc but the passing is a bit too similar for every player though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is there a bit in FIFA though - Gerrard will score more long shots than other players, Martins will be faster than most defenders, Ferdinand will win most headers etc but the passing is a bit too similar for every player though.

I miss your point?

Gerrard is epic at long shots.
Martins is rapid as shit.
Ferdinand is excellent in the air.

How's that bad? I might have read it wrong but I don't get your point :SS

I meant it as a good thing, I did put it after a negative thing which made it look bad but I meant it as if FIFA does have some differences between players.
I worded it a bit wrongly ;)).

well would you agree that element needs to be carried to fifa? i think its a HUGE element that is missing from the EA series...

Every element of what constitutes a good football simulation should go into the game, as well as every element that visually contributes to the watchable experience, but for me differentiating between player styles is not a gamebreaker and nowhere near as important (for example) as differentiation between team styles, which we know EA are working on for Fifa09, just remains to be seen how much impact the new team style variations will really have in making teams visibly play differently.

Back
Top Bottom