UEFA Euro 2008

I think the problem online for PES, where people all the time choose for the best team ( with Adriano etc. ) can be solved in the same way EURO2008 solved it: Just give people who use minor teams a bonus on the leaderboard.
Of course FIFA should have really working attributes like PES has. That is a good thing.

Every element of what constitutes a good football simulation should go into the game, as well as every element that visually contributes to the watchable experience, but for me differentiating between player styles is not a gamebreaker and nowhere near as important (for example) as differentiation between team styles, which we know EA are working on for Fifa09, just remains to be seen how much impact the new team style variations will really have in making teams visibly play differently.

well yes that would be a nice element as well... but one seems much more difficult to achieve then the other, ie. the one you mention i dont think has ever been done in any sports game that i can recall... somewhat in2k8 but not enough to my liking... but i disagree i think the individuality of the players is a gamebreaker... how can you call it a sim, if the players are nothing like there real life counterparts?

I think the problem online for PES, where people all the time choose for the best team ( with Adriano etc. ) can be solved in the same way EURO2008 solved it: Just give people who use minor teams a bonus on the leaderboard.
Of course FIFA should have really working attributes like PES has. That is a good thing.

but han that didnt really solve it, when i play its always against, france or spain, sometimes italy

but han that didnt really solve it, when i play its always against, france or spain, sometimes italy
Hmmm... that's not too smart from those guys. If they are good they can make a lot of extra points :D
If that's not working than it's too bad. I still think that Konami does well to keep those attributes working. I organize tournaments on a Dutch site and there we sometimes make use of those attributes by making a handicap tournament, where the best players have the least teams. This year though, we decided to keep tournaments on a hold because of the bad on-line of PES 2008.
What I want to say is that FIFA should make use of these attributes and allow us ( or EA themselfs! ) to make handicap-tournaments.

Last edited:
I've played previous FIFA games on an Xbox before. It's about quick thinking and taking your chances. I'm confident about winning a match or two.

I've played previous FIFA games on an Xbox before. It's about quick thinking and taking your chances. I'm confident about winning a match or two.

Good luck to ya then fella :TU:

Last edited by a moderator:

I've found it to be the same as gomito#10, everyone plays as Germany or France. I don't think the points works because not everyone cares about the points. I know I couldn't give a flying f*ck about them. I also couldn't care if my country is ranked 53rd on EA's leaderboard or if I'm ranked worst player ever.

One possible solution would be that you have an option so that the session creator can choose both teams that are to play. Someone else joining that session cannot change the teams. If they don't like the teams you've picked, they can leave.

You could even have an option where, when you are searching for a session:
- you are only shown sessions where the session creator chooses both teams. That way, you know you're joining a session where you won't have a choice of teams, but can still choose to leave if the session creator has give you San marino and he's France.
- only show sessions where the session creator picks only one of the teams, so you can pick whatever team you want (the current system). That way, you don't keep joining sessions where you can't pick what team you want, so you can have endless Germany v France matches.

Everyone's happy.

Last edited:
yeah same music it seems, but i have to agree i am starting to like this game alot... now that i have been playing it more and more, haha. i like it better then fifa

the music is excellent - that carolina liar song is great.

Still loving the game although am missing club teams.

For me the main advantage of euro over fifa is that the corner flags arent cloaked in blackness...

I just use my USB pendrive and my 360 media remote to play my own music!
Great for GTA as well, just pause it when there is dialogue.

I've found it to be the same as gomito#10, everyone plays as Germany or France. I don't think the points works because not everyone cares about the points. I know I couldn't give a flying f*ck about them. I also couldn't care if my country is ranked 53rd on EA's leaderboard or if I'm ranked worst player ever.

One possible solution would be that you have an option so that the session creator can choose both teams that are to play. Someone else joining that session cannot change the teams. If they don't like the teams you've picked, they can leave.

You could even have an option where, when you are searching for a session:
- you are only shown sessions where the session creator chooses both teams. That way, you know you're joining a session where you won't have a choice of teams, but can still choose to leave if the session creator has give you San marino and he's France.
- only show sessions where the session creator picks only one of the teams, so you can pick whatever team you want (the current system). That way, you don't keep joining sessions where you can't pick what team you want, so you can have endless Germany v France matches.

Everyone's happy.

Good idea.

Here's my idea.

-The online system keeps track of how many times you've used a team to play online. It has a limit of 3, after the 3rd time of using that team, the next time around when in the team selection screen, that corresponding team's flag will be grayed out and will remain locked for the rest of that day forcing you to choose another team. This same rule would apply for any other team you use more than 3 times. After all teams have been used 3 times in one day, the system will reset itself allowing you to begin the process all over again.

Note: The teams that are locked don't necessarily remain that way for the whole day unless if you've used all the teams and exhausted your limits with them.

The limit of times a player may use a team can be fixed to 1, 2 or 3 times before reaching it's limit. Which ever NOKAMI feels it's fair and balanced to everyone.

Although this is not a full solution to the problem, it can however keep things a little fresh online to avoid the Brazil, Inter, Argentina, Germany, France syndrome.

Last edited:
Good idea.

Here's my idea.

-The online system keeps track of how many times you've used a team to play online. It has a limit of 3, after the 3rd time of using that team, the next time around when in the team selection screen, that corresponding team's flag will be grayed out and will remain locked for the rest of that day forcing you to choose another team. This same rule would apply for any other team you use more than 3 times. After all teams have been used 3 times, the system will reset itself.

The limit of times a player may use a team can be fixed to 1, 2 or 3 times before reaching it's limit. Which ever NOKAMI feels it's fair and balanced to everyone.

Although this is not a full solution to the problem, it can however somewhat keep things a little fresh online to avoid the Brazil, Inter, Argentina syndrome.

That would be shit. They shouldn't stop me from playing with my 2* Hammarby if I'd like to.:NONO:

If it was done for 5 star only teams it would be good, something needs to be done so you can get a game against a lower skilled team, and not just Barca, Inter, United, Chelsea etc.

I don't like both Flores and Winston's idea's. Letting others decide what team I get is not very satisfying. Neither satisfying is it to only choose a team three times.
Maybe it is an idea to make a special handicap-league: Like that the game looks if players are of the same classes according to the ranking. If you are playing against a player who playes , say, two classes lower, you should not be able to choose the highest class of teams. This way you sort of creates some sort of handicap, leading to nice matches.

What about something along the lines of where you select the team you want to play as first before searching for a game?
You can then put in some parameters to say whether you want to play teams within a certain range ie. 2 -3, 3 - 4 star rating, any rating etc.
You can then choose if it is a Premier League game, International, Spanish or again any team.

EDIT: - Just realised I'm in the Euro thread. I was talking more along the lines of FIFA but a similar setup could work in Euro ie. The star rating bit I mentioned.

I think winston's proposal is the more logical and fair for both gamers. Let the "host" decide if there's handicap or not. It's easy. Anything else (points, blocking teams, etc...) is limiting the choices of gamers. I may be able to play 5 Germany - Italy in a row if I want, but then again, have the option to choose any team and decide, as host, how many stars maximum should be my opponent.

And let's talk about another really missing feature: the option to REMATCH, please!!! At least in unranked matches. Tired of playing 6 or 7 matches with a friend and having to setup everything everytime... All those features are really easy to develop, far easier than very unnecessary things such as a list of music songs, album covers or 20 more celebrations.

Last edited:
The three key things about my suggestion of letting the host choose which teams are to play:

1) It was mainly due to annoyances in FIFA08 5v5 where I would want to set up, for example, a Rangers v Celtic match. Then someone joins and immediately changes Celtic to Man Utd. There's nothing I can do about it. I created a session but immediately am unable to play the match I wanted to play. That surely needs to be resolved.

2) My proposal has 2 options a) where the host can decide both teams and b) the option will still exist for the host to only decide one team. So the original system is still in place, it's now supplemented with an additinal mode. Nobody loses because if you always want to be able to pick your team, you join a session where that option is available.

3) On FIFA08 5v5, the host can already decide match length, stadium. even things like whether off-side rule is on!! yet nobody complains about that, so why not an option where the host decides both teams?

Within the Euro 2008 tournament now less than a week away, I'm finally starting to get a little bit excited about it, so decided to try the game again for the first time in a while.

Playing single matches in Be-A-Pro mode, at first, I was thinking it was absolutely superb, and it does serve up some really brilliant stuff, until the AI super-possession and non-existent defensive gameplay gradually smothered the fun.

Such a shame they made such an imbalanced game. Never before have gameplay brilliance and bullshit existed together in such unharmonious juxtaposition.

They absolutely must sort out the way defensive gameplay is implemented in FIFA09, otherwise every single-player mode they implement will be worthless, including Be-A-Pro clun mode.

fuck this

i got it it's great it is what it is why complain?

*if the grass is to lime for you raise your tint by 20! The truth!

Back
Top Bottom