UEFA Euro 2008

Is the update on PS3 and if not, when will it be?

I'm talking shit. It is out. You need to initiate an online match for the squads to be updated then you have an option to save it. For some reason when you go to Team Information --> Download Sqaud Updates, it shows that there are none.

Re: New to Euro 2008 and I have 2 questions.

Ok this is my first EA soccer game in a long time. Sad day for Konami to drive me to this, but this day is here, so ... thats that.

So I have Euro 2008 for the PS3 (US Version) and I have some questions:

1. Shooting seems really weak. Usually I shoot a weak lob over the goal... or I don't get the impression that there's much power behind my shot. Am I doing anything wrong or is this expected?

2. Is there a control scheme that is just like Analog Classic but with the Shoot / Cross buttons swapped? I want Square for Shoot and Circle for Cross... better yet, is there a place that defines all of the control schemes?! I don't THINK they show you what the buttons do once you are in the game... but if I'm wrong let me know how I can find out.

Thanks!

1. Well, I don't have that sensation of shots being weak...maybe its just your impression.

2. Just choose NEW ANALOG, it's the same as CLASSIC ANALOG but more PES like, square for shoot, circle for cross....

Yea Eduardo's hurt... but he's still on the bench and is rated the same so obviously he will be used anyway. I guess Rosicky is hurt as well? Wasnt aware thats the real italy formation but man... i definitely am shite with it.

CapnKill said:
Ok this is my first EA soccer game in a long time. Sad day for Konami to drive me to this, but this day is here, so ... thats that.

So I have Euro 2008 for the PS3 (US Version) and I have some questions:

1. Shooting seems really weak. Usually I shoot a weak lob over the goal... or I don't get the impression that there's much power behind my shot. Am I doing anything wrong or is this expected?

2. Is there a control scheme that is just like Analog Classic but with the Shoot / Cross buttons swapped? I want Square for Shoot and Circle for Cross... better yet, is there a place that defines all of the control schemes?! I don't THINK they show you what the buttons do once you are in the game... but if I'm wrong let me know how I can find out.

Thanks!
The existing Euro 2008 thread is also for the PS3......

Last edited by a moderator:
CYC is still the best mode in a footy game ever. It how footy games should be played. You have to track back, keep the ball and just concentrate on what your own player is doin. We play some awesome football as well, we dont force the ball forward we pass it backwards and sideways into space and patiently build play up. Its very satisfy putting great passing moves together.

4 of us nearly won the Euros a few days ago with me as captain, the pressure got to us though. We were 1-0 down in the final until the 90th minute when i popped up with a equaliser and we eventually lost on Penos with me and a mate missing :( gutted

another mate did get top scorer and player of the tournoi though

Hi,

I know a way to edit players their looks.
When you start the Captain Your Country campaign you can make "new" player. When you have made the new player, he wil be in the squadlist by the the country you'll have choosed in the Captain your Country Mode. But there's just one problem, You don't have enough experience point to make the new player better.

Anyone suggestions? Or experience with Captain your Country mode with selfmade players?

Roel

ps: My english is bad

1. Well, I don't have that sensation of shots being weak...maybe its just your impression.

2. Just choose NEW ANALOG, it's the same as CLASSIC ANALOG but more PES like, square for shoot, circle for cross....

Whats the "Fake" button with New Analog? The button that you hold down to do your faints and stuff?

CYC Is fun, however, I got a bit bored playing the role of a striker. I might try a Gerrard position, since it will give me more freedom to shoot, dribble, assist and tackle.

Have some questions on Euro 2008 for the PS3

HI guys,

Been playing this game for about a week or so and I have some questions...

1. I'm not getting much oomph on my clears when I head the ball out of a corner or something. I've tried using the pass button, the shoot button or the long pass button but the best clear usually gets as far as the top of the box... which is not very good. Is this normal or am I not doing something right?

2. My shots from distance are very weak and lob like... Any helpful l tips when shooting would be very helpful.

3. Occasionally one of my players would get stuck in a animation going for the ball or something and even though the ball is closer to one of my other players the game wont allow me to switch control off of the first player. I have "switch player" control set to 100% manual. Anyone seen this? I feel as if the same thing happened in WE at times. Very frustrating .

Oh and one things I've ALWAYS hated about EA soccer games is that they never use a lot of people in the wall vs a free kick. I think the most I see is 4... why do they keep doing that? One of the best soccer scenes is when you have the FK taker facing a wall of 6 or 7 guys... not sure why EA thinks 3 guys is enough almost all the time.

Thats about it...

Thanks!

more impressions.

after trying to see how pes2008 on the 360 stacked up all i can say is it doesn't and that Euro2008 is as clsoe a representation to the real thing as ever before. was watchin a germany vs poland match through a stream and then decided to pop in the game and was blown away by how cool it was. almost liie the real thing in some spots.

How come every time I click R1 (change player) when I'm defending the defender runs in the opposite direction. REALLY pisses me off.

Defending in this game is atrocious. Once a striker is on goal you have no chance. Your defender runs in the opposite direction as soon as you select him and then you spend half your time tracking back.

Really hope they sort this out in FIFA 09.

Oh and for you FIFA experts out there, any chance of any tips on defending in general? I'm terrible at it.

Don't always dive in. Use the CPU press button, but also don't forget to tackle with the man you are controlling. Holding Pass is a good method of poking a foot in if you're quite close. Sliding tackles are beautiful if you can time them too, I've made some superb last ditch sliding tackles when it looked certain the opponent would score :)).

From my limited playing time of Euro I noticed that you have to think carefully about using the 2nd man press button as the AI is deadly at exploiting any holes in the defence that you create by moving defenders out of position......

just bought the game today loving captain your country maybe next time they should start with you having to impress on a national level( league clubs) then getting called up to the b team and so on. but yeah i couldn't resist any longer i just had to buy it.

I played it again last night and it's a really great game. The only thing is my connection keeps dropping during online games which is a bit annoying. My PS3's wireless strength is about 45%, but for most games (like CoD4 NBA 2k8 etc) that's fine, it seems to really struggle with FIFA and Euro 2008 though.

Also it's annoying that Holland bascially don't exist in the game (De Noteboom ffs, and even the fake players are so bad that playing as Holland against another top team is point less. The thing that really gets me is that in an official game, so many of the kits are messed up Russia, Hungary etc, these have proper teams so why is the kit messed up. And worst of all is where EA have been too lazy to put in new kits, Portugal, Turkey, Croatia (away - a kit that has been out 9 months) a real shame it's a great game that should and could have been world class.

a little update pack with updated kits wouldn't be too hard to realize for a proper publisher...

Yeah, they really should do it for Portugal, Turkey, Croatia (away) as they have the licence for this teams just old kits. Russia proper would also be nice and sorting out things like the Welsh goalie kit (Red when Wales play in red at home, same for Montenegro away kit - too similar to home) would be great and actually make the game more playable... BTW anyone else notice they have a fake Sweden home kit but a proper away kit - very strange!

Also if they could update the adidas number font it would be great too, teams like Spain, France (and Germany too I think) have the old WC2006 style numbers and letters on 2008 kits.

Also is it me or is the call name for David Villa messed up ? It's probably just the english version of the game, but it sounds like David Pleat is saying it not Clive Tilydsley

I feel compelled to say this. I've never had fun with any EA sports soccer/futbol title like I am having with this game online. This game really shows it's true simulation colors online. So realistic. Scoring is so hard to come by, but yet so satisfying when accomplished. Creating space, moving the ball around side to side patiently waiting for an opening, finding a hole, sending your man on the run and serving him a beautiful through ball for an outstanding finish is priceless.

Not to mention mastering some of the dribble moves and executing them against an opponent online that leads to a score, is such an awesome acomplishment. Mastering heading and sending a cross from a counter attack run to your CF who is wide open and unmarked in the box, and seeing him elevate and elegantly hammer a well placed header into the net is astounding!

I am having such a great time online. Well worth my money. I currently have 34 wins and 14 losses. I've played some cracking very realistic games where I've lost in the final seconds due to poor judgment with my defenders, as I've also won some nail biters with a rocket belter from 27 yards out where I together with Nani ran off celebrating into the crowd like crazy lunatics!

What a game this is, and what a game Fifa09 will be I'm sure. Until then, this game will keep me more than occupied for sure.

See you fellas online and if you challenge me for a game, beware!

;-)

Last edited:
I feel compelled to say this. I've never had fun with any EA sports soccer/futbol title like I am having with this game online. This game really shows it's true simulation colors online. So realistic. Scoring is so hard to come by, but yet so satisfying when accomplished. Creating space, moving the ball around side to side patiently waiting for an opening, finding a hole, sending your man on the run and serving him a beautiful through ball for an outstanding finish is priceless.

Not to mention mastering some of the dribble moves and executing them against an opponent online that leads to a score, is such an awesome acomplishment. Mastering heading and sending a cross from a counter attack run to your CF who is wide open and unmarked in the box, and seeing him elevate and elegantly hammer a well placed header into the net is astounding!

I am having such a great time online. Well worth my money. I currently have 34 wins and 14 losses. I've played some cracking very realistic games where I've lost in the final seconds due to poor judgment with my defenders, as I've also won some nail biters with a rocket belter from 27 yards out where I together with Nani ran off celebrating into the crowd like crazy lunatics!

What a game this is, and what a game Fifa09 will be I'm sure. Until then, this game will keep me more than occupied for sure.

See you fellas online and if you challenge me for a game, beware!

;-)
i agree, i think this is better then fifa. I have never seen a 7-1 scoreline like some have said, i rareley see really bad goalkeeping, the games are pretty close, i hope they stick to this engine

Back
Top Bottom