UEFA Euro 2008

I have to seriously ask...

For those having trouble with the game in general have you;

Adjusted the teams formations to be their proper formations?And have you adjusted the team mentalities to be team specific according to those formations?

i say this because i have and have found that at default MANY teams were set to reg mentalities(default) and many formations were JUST 442. that said, with things adjusted i feel that when different formations and mentalities collide you get an even more open and realistic game.

It may be just me but doing this makes the game pretty good...

i see different runs now and different attacks and defensive strategies this way while at default it felt and looked like it was very generic and one sided for both and things repeated way too much.

not trying to convince myself of anything its just that when we complain about a game like this i am reminded of the countess fifa failures in the past that this game trounces on and makes me see how well fifa has now done for itself this next gen with the new engine...

Fifa 09 might be all well and good but people should try and enjoy Euro 2008 fully and by doing the things i've mentioned (and i myself have done) it trully is enjoyable...

"Ohhh and' overcast games for the win FTW!

Last edited:
At risk of being kicked off the EA editing team I posted the following in a thread on the EA editor forum where they discuss if Fifa09 should be based off Euro or Fifa08 (some is already posted here in other posts)......

The AI is absolutely abysmal in Euro 2008 when playing single player, I can only assume the game was so rushed out of the door nobody actually tried to see if it was playable. Played Macedonia at home in the qualifiers, semi pro, I'm England, there was one point in the first half for about 10 minutes I couldn't get the ball off them, they completely passed it around me and dribbled around me as if they were Arsenal and I was Accrington Stanley, 20-30 passes without a single one being off target, pathetic, AI can super pass, super dribble, super tackle no matter who they are, if this is what Fifa09 is going to be based on then I'm really not sure I'll be buying it. Playing against Andorra they can tackle me and win the ball at ease, I at times cannot even get near them, absolute farce. So much for attribute simulation, players with tackling stats of 50 something can tackle perfectly every time without conceding a foul? Did the team working on Euro 2008 even watch any football matches ever?

Oh and not to mention the manual passing which has been castrated beyond anything in Fifa08 and most certainly is not manual passing.

Started a new Sheffield Wednesday manager mode in Fifa08 and the game experience of that is vastly superior to the awful singleplayer experience of Euro 2008.

At risk of being kicked off the EA editing team I posted the following in a thread on the EA editor forum where they discuss if Fifa09 should be based off Euro or Fifa08 (some is already posted here in other posts)......

yeah but at what difficulty? it makes sense if your on world class and they're kickin your ass but not on semi pro. world class If i can actually talk about is for those that just want a challange because there so good already at the gameplay mechanic so the AI just becomes crazy for everybody on world class i would imagine...

I was playing on semi pro, as mentioned :)

:LOL:I look dumb now!

welll anyway have you changed formations and mentalities though? since your saying every team is powerful and can catch up and play good with you wouldn't the fact that the menatlity being the same for everybody would be that kinda like the condtions in pes back in the day/
i mean i played against a 3 star team or whatever and was portaugal and some other squads and I trounced em good...BUt it was AFTEr i apllied my editis to trams of course and on semi pro. got fouled a good amount of times when i should have as well.

"i want to live in America!/i want to be in America!"

I chose an England starting lineup that is appropriate to the current squad. I shouldn't have to make any changes to formations or mentalities to have the game avoid being some poorly programmed, unbalanced AI, tedium :)

Just wanted to stop by and say that I am having a lot of fun playing this game online and offline. There are some annoyances, but the fun factor way overashadows them for me. As someone said before, this beast is a different type of sim, play it, master it and enjoy it for what it's worth and you will be a happy camper.

Here's hoping that the issues in this game will be sorted out for Fifa 09.

Peace and prosperity to all!
;-)

Just wanted to stop by and say that I am having a lot of fun playing this game online and offline. There are some annoyances, but the fun factor way overashadows them for me. As someone said before, this beast is a different type of sim, play it, master it and enjoy it for what it's worth and you will be a happy camper.

Here's hoping that the issues in this game will be sorted out for Fifa 09.

Peace and prosperity to all!
;-)

we need to play man. I like this game too

I chose an England starting lineup that is appropriate to the current squad. I shouldn't have to make any changes to formations or mentalities to have the game avoid being some poorly programmed, unbalanced AI, tedium :)

I TOTALLY agree,but sadly this gamea default chore...

WHY can't I play with my edits to formations and mentalities in single player.

Example. i pick luxemberg which i gave a 5-3-2 along with a mentality of all out defense and normal own side and no counter and once i play with say a team like geramny which has their menatility set I see that the opposing side doesn't have the changes while i play against them and they are at their default?!?!

To put it short it seems like only user controlleed sides can play with an user edits while the computer just sets itself to default and not my global edit of the teams?

OK I've edited all the teams and when i go to play a freindly only the user controlled team has my edits and the cpu controlled team resets itself to the default for the matches?

Placebo, I'm facing the same issue. I'm playing as Italy in the Euro2008 mode and it seems like the other team will NEVER lose the ball. The only time I can steal the ball is either I intercept a pass, or i get lucky. I never successfully do a tackle, well maybe once or twice.

And you could argue my skills in the game, but generally I've played fifa08 before and this just seems to hard to get possession. I've enjoyed a bit of this game at the start, but I have gotten quite bored of it to be honest.

Placebo, I'm facing the same issue. I'm playing as Italy in the Euro2008 mode and it seems like the other team will NEVER lose the ball. The only time I can steal the ball is either I intercept a pass, or i get lucky. I never successfully do a tackle, well maybe once or twice.

And you could argue my skills in the game, but generally I've played fifa08 before and this just seems to hard to get possession. I've enjoyed a bit of this game at the start, but I have gotten quite bored of it to be honest.

look at MY posts...

BumperMan, on Pro Difficulty the better I played when I had posession of the ball the better my team were in general from then on. However beating Italy 4-0 in the Final on Professional Difficulty just isnt realistic... THEN put it on World Class and see how amazing Macedonia and Lietchenstein are!! You cannot break down their back 4, every shot outside the penalty area is blocked, if you do manage to get a shot away the keeper does his best superman impression and pulls of a world class save almost everytime!..... I should really create a video of my Euro 08 bad experience but im sure FSB would hang me! lol:)

Hey foxtrot brilliant squad file. Only thing is I have a Region 3 Korean version of Euro 2008 - is it possible to convert your file to work with my copy of the game? Already tried the version you released and it didn't work.

That might be the worst squad update I've ever seen. Other than Germany which has significant changes (Gomez at forward) go look at teams like Czech (rosicky no longer starts) croatia (eduardo no longer starts..... ok he's injured but who's not going to play him???) and Italy has gone back to that shitty weird formation. Argh.

Hey foxtrot brilliant squad file. Only thing is I have a Region 3 Korean version of Euro 2008 - is it possible to convert your file to work with my copy of the game? Already tried the version you released and it didn't work.

I have no idea of the differences between the PAL and NTSC versions of the game so I'm not sure if it can be converted. I have no way of testing it. Someone in the other thread had the same problem with a Region 1 version.

That might be the worst squad update I've ever seen. Other than Germany which has significant changes (Gomez at forward) go look at teams like Czech (rosicky no longer starts) croatia (eduardo no longer starts..... ok he's injured but who's not going to play him???) and Italy has gone back to that shitty weird formation. Argh.

They have totally screwed England, an awful formation and my secret weapon Abonglahor has been totally removed.

Thats the correct Italy formation. Italy was actually done right. Only problem for me is that Camoranesi is still black and Borriello's rating is 67!!!! SIXTY SEVEN! Hes the 2nd top scorer in Serie A.... and HES 67!!!

Rosicky and Eduardo are injured and won't be playing in Euro so it seems realistic to me. Maybe they've done it that way?

They should have left Eduardo in but given him a 3-month-recovered broken leg. You still get the choice to play him, but he'd be limping badly and have little strength or stamina. In other words, given the way EA have made teams like Andorra play, he'd be the best player in the game.

hi guys, hi winston :o

i doubt anyone will remember me, but im a harsh konami critic that has been banned about 50 times, used to be called ieatfanboys

is this game any good? any big news in the last year, i just heard the wenb podcast and it looks like we are shaping up for yet another disaster

New to Euro 2008 and I have 2 questions.

Ok this is my first EA soccer game in a long time. Sad day for Konami to drive me to this, but this day is here, so ... thats that.

So I have Euro 2008 for the PS3 (US Version) and I have some questions:

1. Shooting seems really weak. Usually I shoot a weak lob over the goal... or I don't get the impression that there's much power behind my shot. Am I doing anything wrong or is this expected?

2. Is there a control scheme that is just like Analog Classic but with the Shoot / Cross buttons swapped? I want Square for Shoot and Circle for Cross... better yet, is there a place that defines all of the control schemes?! I don't THINK they show you what the buttons do once you are in the game... but if I'm wrong let me know how I can find out.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom