UEFA Euro 2008

You two, flores and Gomito add me, let's get some games played. I love this also.

i agree, i think this is better then fifa. I have never seen a 7-1 scoreline like some have said, i rareley see really bad goalkeeping, the games are pretty close, i hope they stick to this engine

for me the problem is the other way around..the goalkeepers are jsut too good..they need to slower their reaction times ASAP!
i ahve nerver seen a low shot form outside the box get it...those gerrard style torpedos.

for me the problem is the other way around..the goalkeepers are jsut too good..they need to slower their reaction times ASAP!
i ahve nerver seen a low shot form outside the box get it...those gerrard style torpedos.

true, while i think the shooting in uefa is decent, shooting in PES/WE is superior. They need the ability to shoot to all angles of the goal, lower right, lower left, upper 90 right, upper 90 left, etc... in euro it always seems to be mid right mid left... i dont think the keepers are too good... personally

Guys, is there something I can do about the LAG I'm facing, even against people from the same country?

I'm only facing it when playing Fifa/UEFA. My connection is just good. I play games like CoD4 with no LAG at all. The game even picks me as a host all the time. My nat status is OPEN.

Are there some special ports the EA servers are using?

Scoring is so hard to come by, but yet so satisfying when accomplished. Creating space, moving the ball around side to side patiently waiting for an opening, finding a hole, sending your man on the run and serving him a beautiful through ball for an outstanding finish is priceless.
i agree, i think this is better then fifa. I have never seen a 7-1 scoreline like some have said, i rareley see really bad goalkeeping, the games are pretty close, i hope they stick to this engine
You guys must have been playing a different version to all of us in the UK then... :SS

You must have a different version to me then Jay, because the goalkeepers are wank and they parry everything.

Goalkeepers are way too good indeed, but I've learnt from which angles it's impossible to score.

What I find annoying, is people who are using the press button ALL THE TIME. It makes the game less realistic because you have to pass very quickly all the time. Also, it makes the game faster and you can't ease down while building an attack. The opponent's players don't get tired either. Don't you guys agree?

Goalkeepers are way too good indeed, but I've learnt from which angles it's impossible to score.

What I find annoying, is people who are using the press button ALL THE TIME. It makes the game less realistic because you have to pass very quickly all the time. Also, it makes the game faster and you can't ease down while building an attack. The opponent's players don't get tired either. Don't you guys agree?
Totally agree, this happens on FIFA too and it's just too easy to do. In PES if you just held down the button to close down then a simple change of direction would get you skinned but the AI in FIFA perfectly gets the ball every time almost.

You must have a different version to me then Jay, because the goalkeepers are wank and they parry everything.

tim you obviously are seeing something different about the game then us, i really dont see the things you and others have seen, and did not like with the game... Hopefully fifa09 will be to both our likings

You are saying the goalkeepers are fine in this game?

Come on, you can't score from certain angles where you score 50% of the time in real life. I have never scored in the far corner when approaching the goal diagonally. In fact, I do not score at all approaching the goal that way. Maybe 1 or 2 time in the near corner.

I hate cheats, I've beaten 2 players in the top 10 and both times they have quit just after the final whistle and I've failed to get the result.

You are saying the goalkeepers are fine in this game?

Come on, you can't score from certain angles where you score 50% of the time in real life. I have never scored in the far corner when approaching the goal diagonally. In fact, I do not score at all approaching the goal that way. Maybe 1 or 2 time in the near corner.

What shooting method do you use? Because I score from that angle.

I tried everything. Can you show a movie in which you score from there? Because online nobody scores from there either.I know the keeper will save if they shoot from there.

I tried everything. Can you show a movie in which you score from there? Because online nobody scores from there either.I know the keeper will save if they shoot from there.

True. Always parried either out for a corner or straight to an incoming striker.

I've reached the point where this game has become total arcade football for me. I can zigzag dribble as if this were PES and score screamers at a frequent rate now, which frustrates the hell out of me. Like Ferratim, I know how I can and can't score. I still think the game is too fast. I also think the GKs are still crap in terms of their positioning and some of the saves they make.

Yea you have to use semi auto shooting, it definitely improves your scoring chances, especially on angles like that. I sometimes use the finesse shot there as well if one on one.

Yea you have to use semi auto shooting, it definitely improves your scoring chances, especially on angles like that. I sometimes use the finesse shot there as well if one on one.

But it reduces your scoring chances from other angles. I don't care about that offline, but I do care about it online.

But it reduces your scoring chances from other angles. I don't care about that offline, but I do care about it online.
If you use assisted then thats your problem, assisted is crap and actually makes it harder to score. I only play online and have no problem scoring with semi shooting.

I played Fifa 08 with everything on manual. But it's just frustrating to lose matches only because of that.

Maybe semi shooting is worth it. But especially in a laggy game the direction you are aiming at will be outdated before the player shoots.

I've reached the point where this game has become total arcade football for me. I can zigzag dribble as if this were PES and score screamers at a frequent rate now, which frustrates the hell out of me. Like Ferratim, I know how I can and can't score. I still think the game is too fast. I also think the GKs are still crap in terms of their positioning and some of the saves they make.
Amen brother! :SAL:

And that's why I sold it. Same reasons. I enjoy more Fifa.

i just noticed that the keeper level also change when u swicth the game level(semi-pro , pro, legend)
i played a couple of macthes on semi-pro and the keepers behaved a lot more realistic...i could evan score a low outside the box shot...unfortnatly semi-pro is realy easy...

now i hope we could at lease change the AI level when playing online...i cant stand the super human GKs anymore..ive been playing quite much online recently and i have yet to see a diferent kind of goal...80% are low crosses into the box, 15% are 1 on 1 and 5% are headers...

i got to play against some pretty good players..and u could notice that they just didnt attempt any outside the box shoots, becasue its barely impossible to score...thats not football for me...

wow some of the comments about scoring at will just dont sit with me and my actualy online stats.
goals avg per game over 50 games=1.26
goals against avg per game over 50 games=1.36

so the stats dont lie... i guess im having a different experiences then you lot

Back
Top Bottom