UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

iluvnineties

Banned
18 April 2008
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
FC Porto
I'm looking forward to both but more to EA's MMA. UFC 2009 is nice and all but the movement of a fighter and some other parts are way off unrealistic especially while on the ground. I want to be able to execute some cool jiu jitsu, wrestling, sambo, judo tricks and with UFC 2009 its a hit or miss. Not much is known about EA's MMA game other than a small trailer on YouTube with Fedor and Rogers going at it.

Yeah I am more hyped for EA's MMA game. Just need some japanese fighters to be signed up now.

I'm not to bothered about the fighters i just want a good MMA game

EA are more likely to make a better representation of it because Undisputed is just a rip off of Smackdown really with not much skill just alot of holding buttons, scripted moves and timing, plus its very stiff like the WWE games

Hopefully EA can step up :)

I'm not to bothered about the fighters i just want a good MMA game

EA are more likely to make a better representation of it because Undisputed is just a rip off of Smackdown really with not much skill just alot of holding buttons, scripted moves and timing, plus its very stiff like the WWE games

Hopefully EA can step up :)

thq makes ufc wwe games. did you expect something else from thq lol :D

No that's why i was saying its like a Arcardy Smackdown rather than a sim attempt like EA's Fifa, Tiger Woods ect

THQ's punched out a 28th May UK street date for UFC 2010 Undisputed.

Despite this confirmation, there's hardly any information on the sequel itself.

The reveal trailer has a bunch of sweaty brutes telling us this game will make us fighters - promoting the game's realism. There's a small portion of gameplay at the end, but no details on what's improved or changed this time around.

What we do know, however, is that this will be worth keeping an eye on. The series debut met with both critical and commercial acclaim, giving this PS3 and Xbox 360 (and PSP) sequel a strong foundation to build on.

THQ's punched out a 28th May UK street date for UFC 2010 Undisputed.

Despite this confirmation, there's hardly any information on the sequel itself.

The reveal trailer has a bunch of sweaty brutes telling us this game will make us fighters - promoting the game's realism. There's a small portion of gameplay at the end, but no details on what's improved or changed this time around.

What we do know, however, is that this will be worth keeping an eye on. The series debut met with both critical and commercial acclaim, giving this PS3 and Xbox 360 (and PSP) sequel a strong foundation to build on.

The ability to use the cage is a significant addition over 2009. Also, the new bob, weave and counter is a brilliant addition. New submissions looked pretty cool, expecially the flat armbar. I really welcome these new features, I just hope they sort the servers out. My 2 favourite games are PES and UFC Undisputed, and both have issues with lag at times. Sods law that.

Looking more forward to MMA, Might not be as complete as UFC but it'll have more potential in the long run IMO.

Some shots from EAs game and Lashley talks a bit about it,

God knows what platform the pics are from

http://sports.espn.go.com/ videogames/news/story?id=4866479

Lashley_4a_576.jpg

Lashley_3_576.jpg

Lashley_1_576.jpg

Edit: That link keep embedding for some reason when it isn't even a video so i had to split it

Yves Lavigne is a new addition then and the graphics look better than the last by the looks of it

Heres the new cover

UFC2010_cover2_21233_screen_medium.jpg

I aint read this yet as i'm in a rush but apparently its what they have added and changed in UFC 2010

CONTROLS: In UFC 2009 Undisputed, clinch grappling and ground grappling were handled with multiple control schemes, which could be cumbersome to juggle depending on the fighter's orientation. This year, we undertook a new design philosophy that allowed us to better align our clinch grappling and ground grappling. In essence, players will now perform clinch pummels and throws using the ultimate fighting control the same way they performed transitions in UFC 2009 Undisputed.

SUBMISSIONS: While we've done quite a bit of tinkering with the submission system, the stick rolling method of submission execution and escape (known semiofficially as The Shine) will return. What we did want to change was the button mashing/brute force escape we utilized last year. This enabled fighters with high strength to be just as good at getting out of submissions as fighters with high submission defense. Now all fighters will utilize The Shine, but the parameters that govern the success of getting out of a submission have changed. For UFC Undisputed 2010, the submission calculations will use either a fighter's submission defense or his current energy level expressed as a percentage--whichever is higher. For example, let's say a fighter has a submission defense skill of 50. If the fighter has 100 stamina and full (100 percent) energy, the game will look at this energy level, and the fighter will have a great chance of getting out of a submission. If the fighter has 100 stamina and has used the majority of his energy reserves, the game will look at the fighter's submission defense skill; in this case, shine hard! We feel this system is fairer to players and more representative of how an actual submission struggle would go down.

CAGE SUPPORT: We've implemented full cage support in UFC Undisputed 2010, and its effect on gameplay is huge. Our design approach to implementing cage gameplay allowed us to utilize our universal grapple system concept. On the ground, we have a rising hierarchy of positional advantage based on how much threat potential one fighter has in relation to another. In the case of two equally skilled fighters in open guard, for instance, the fighter on top is in a slightly better situation than the fighter on the bottom. We express this by saying the top fighter has a 55/45 advantage over the bottom fighter, expressed in the damage output of his strikes, the lethality of his submissions, etc. Put the same two fighters in the mount position, for instance, and that advantage changes to something much more dramatic, like say a 90/10 in favor of the top fighter. We've utilized similar thinking with regard to the cage. Let's say we have the same two equally skilled fighters in the single collar tie position in the middle of the octagon. We consider this position to be one in which both fighters have equal advantage--a true 50/50 position. If one fighter manages to push his opponent up against the cage, he'll restrict his movement, limit the force he's able to generate on his strikes, and make it harder for him to regain energy; thus, shifting the balance in the favor of the free-standing fighter. It's an elegant system that we feel accurately represents the strategies employed in a real UFC fight.

FIGHTER CUSTOMIZATION: For UFC Undisputed 2010, we've substantially increased the number of available parts for creation, but we've also added a ton of new features and improvements. One of the biggest changes from the previous game is the way we allow players to allocate individual moves for their fighters. Last year, we had base styles, each of which came with a set of predefined moves. This meant that all Brazilian jujitsu (BJJ) fighters had the same moves and techniques as other BJJ fighters. We wanted to change that this year, so we opened it up and now allow players to assign individual moves to their fighters on a move-by-move basis. There are well over 200 moves that can be assigned, mixed, and matched to create truly unique fighters. Also new this year is the ability to fight orthodox, southpaw, or switch and assign a dominate power hand. Players can also choose their navigation style from a number of different postures to give their fighters more of a distinct look.

SPONSORSHIP & LOGOS: The new system, which we've also applied to the placement of tattoos, uses more of a drag-and-drop style interface. Gone are the predefined spots where logos can only be placed and the series of menus that were required to place a logo. This year, it's as simple as picking shorts, picking a logo, and choosing its location on the shorts. Speaking of clothing, many top brands in MMA are back, along with some new ones, so players will have access to an extensive assortment of new designs and logos. In addition, we are also allowing players to pick or create their own post-fight clothing, which is worn during winner announcement scenes and certain areas in Career mode.

CAREER MODE: Included are several new features to help build up each fight and give them more meaning. An example of this is a new system we've added called "Game Is Watching You." The GIWY system tracks everything players are doing during the fighter's career and reflects it through commentary during fights. Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg will reference the fighter's previous fights, his training partners, titles held, and other things he does during his career. Opponents will also take notice of performances and adjust their fight styles and strategies to counter strengths and take advantage of weaknesses.

FIGHTING TECHNIQUES: In addition to the six returning fighting techniques (boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, wrestling, judo, and Brazilian jujitsu), three more have been added: Karate, Greco-Roman wrestling, and Sambo. We've also moved away from the concept of one striking fighting technique and one grappling fighting technique in favor of a system that allows fighters to learn individual moves as they see fit. We feel this more accurately represents the type of cross-discipline training that the modern UFC fighter needs in order to compete at the highest levels.

ONLINE FIGHT CAMPS: Fight camps unite many different fighters under a single banner to compete against fighters from other fight camps to unlock new milestones and rewards. Players can use the virtual space of their fight camp to spar and teach each other the ins and outs of the game. Players can even bring in their Career mode fighters for an online training session to train with other players and get an extra career "cred" boost. Those boosts make better fighters and those better fighters make better camps.

NEW MODES: Additions include a Title and Title Defense mode, a Tournament mode and the Classic Fights mode will return with substantial changes.

Yep, the individual moves should be a superb addition. It'll make each fight more unique and add a lot more style to the fights.

I'm pretty glad EA have gotten in on the act, as it's going to push THQ and EA to really push their games as good as they can make them.

Until EA buys every MMA organisations rights anyway :ROLL: :LOL:

Really does look brilliant, the guys checking out the KO'd fighter are a very good touch :)

Back
Top Bottom