UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

Ufc 2010 Undisputed Standup Striking:

We had a lot of positive feedback last year about the striking game, and even more ideas on how to improve it for UFC Undisputed 2010. We’ve been hard at work to change some of the striking fundamentals for this year, and we want to share some of the new features that you’ll be adding to your favorite fighters' standup arsenal.

We’ve done a great deal to revamp striking. Last year, many of the reactions that could be generated in the Octagon (like receiving a body kick/punch/ elbow) were tied to pre-scripted animations. This meant that if you were tagged by certain strikes from your opponent, you’d lose control of your fighter for a very brief bit as you recovered your footing or stopped wincing from a body blow.

This time around, we’ve made the stand up much more true to life. Now the reactions generated by dealing and receiving blows and strikes rely greatly on our physics engine. Tech speak translation: the game is faster, more fluid, and more intense, with the player maintaining a greater amount of control over his fighter due to fewer preset animated reactions to fists/shins/elbows meeting someone’s chin/face/obliques. We’ll bring you all a much more detailed post on this topic in the weeks to come, as it has some important standup implications that we want to go in-depth on.

We’ve brought a new layer of striking defense to Undisputed this year by way sways and counters. Why take a haymaker to the face from Wanderlei Silva when you can duck it, right? Mastering the sway in 2010 is going to be a very important key to you competitive Undisputed gamers. There’s more than one way to sway out of the way of strikes, but we’re going to let you discover which sway is right for the range of strikes that will be headed your way.

Also, be sure to keep an eye out for Sway Counters. On the dev team, we refer to a perfectly executed sway counter as “the magic moment”. Again, we’re going to let you find out why we call it “the magic moment”, but it might have something to do with it looking awesome, being a sure sign of elite skills, and being able to do some horrible things to the guy on the receiving end of the counter.

It’s worth mentioning that many moves in Undisputed 2009 have been tuned to reflect a more realistic depiction of their real life counterparts. For example, middle kicks in 2010 have been deemphasized and tuned down, while leg kicks and punches to the head are going to be much more powerful this year.

With the UFC Undisputed becoming faster, more intense, and more robust both defensively and offensively, we’re excited to hear how you'll choose to run your standup!

More great news, the striking aspect was certainly something that needing looking into in that exact specific area. Thanks again for the info bud, much appreciated. ;)

Nice to see Josh Barnett on the game. Hope EA speak to him about his movelist. Joachim Hansen is a good signing also! If EA have pissed of Dana White again then it is a very good day. :)

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Mar 22, 2010 at 7:30 pm ET
EA Sports today announced three new additions to the fighter roster for its upcoming mixed-martial-arts videogame release, "EA Sports MMA."

The trio includes DREAM fighters Joachim Hansen and Josh Barnett, as well as current UFC fighter Vladimir Matyushenko.

"EA Sports MMA," available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms, is expected to be released in late summer 2010 as a rival to THQ's "UFC Undisputed" title.

Dozens of fighters – mostly from Strikeforce and DREAM – recently have been announced for the EA Sports game. Most of the UFC's roster is featured in THQ's "UFC Undisputed" franchsise, which sold 3.5 million units with its 2009 debut and returns with an updated 2010 version in May.

The inclusion of Matyushenko is likely to raise some eyebrows since UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) this past summer that – aside from UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture, who negotiated his EA Sports deal while in a contract dispute – that no fighters will be signed to the UFC if they appear in the game. However, White seemed to relax the rule in 2009 when Frank Trigg re-signed with the company. Like Trigg, Matyushenko, who was previously under contract to an outside promotion (the now-defunct Affliction Entertainment), signed with EA Sports when he wasn't under contract to the UFC.

Matyushenko (24-4) is a 13-year pro MMA vet, the first-ever IFL light heavyweight champion, and a winner of 11 of his past 12 fights, including a close split-decision win over Eliot Marshall at Sunday's UFC on Versus 1 event.

Hansen (19-9-1), and ex-Shooto welterweight title-holder, was also the 2009 DREAM lightweight tournament winner and first-ever DREAM lightweight champion. Earlier today, he fell short in his bid to reclaim the belt from Bibiano Fernandes at DREAM.13.

Barnett (25-5), a former UFC heavyweight champion and 2006 DREAM Open Weight Grand Prix runner-up, has spent much of the past decade ranked among the world's top-10 heavyweights. Barnett today returned from a 14-month layoff to defeat Siala-Mou "Mighty Mo" Siligia via submission at DREAM.13.

The trio of fighters joins a quickly growing list of other confirmed "EA Sports MMA" fighters, which includes Tyron Woodley, Bobby Lashley, Shinya Aoki, Hidehiko Yoshida, Cung Le, Gilbert Melendez, Robbie Lawler, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, Matt Lindland, Scott Smith, Josh Thomson, Nick Thompson, Brett Rogers, Jake Shields, Frank Shamrock, Fedor Emelianenko, Randy Couture, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Gegard Mousasi, Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Tim Kennedy, Jay Hieron, Frank Trigg, Dan Henderson and Luke Rockhold.

EA Sports, founded in 1982, has produced additional sports titles geared around NCAA football and basketball, the NBA, NHL, FIFA and NASCAR, among others. The California-based company has delivered massively popular videogame series such as "Madden NFL" and "Tiger Woods PGA TOUR.

Last edited:
dong hyun kim:

stun-gun-2010.jpg

stun-gun-2010-2.jpg

got this from ufc forum,he play the game at nyc event..

SUBMISSIONS

HOW
Submissions are applied the same exact way as 09. Pressing the R analog.

CHANGED
No more mashing. According to Omar (game developer) submissions are performed by shine method only. Now whats different is you have the ability to do FLASH SUBS (I saw someone using Mir...In half guard he applied a shoulder lock to Carwin...Carwin instantly tapped) which is new. The ability to Submission transition (which varies depending on what fighter you are using) to go from triangle to omaplata to armbar. Which makes it soo deep...You would have to master every single fighter to know who can sub transition into what. To apply this you would press the R analog...Shine counter-clockwise...Press LB (xbox) and R analog...Shine opposite direction...Press LB (xbox) and R analog...Shine counter-clockwise. Each fighter has 1-2 sub transmissions. So this is a HUGE impact on CAF due to the fact...You dont know what sub transition your opponent has...So how will you know to hurry up and reverse your shine? Haha. The final change in submissions are the SPECIAL subs. Everyone knows Joe Stevensons bread and butter is the guillotine right? Well...Fighters have a SPECIAL sub...When they get you in it...Its even MORE difficult to get out. The highest SUB O i seen was Mir with 88 and Nog had 87. The lowest was like 58. STR DOES HAVE AN IMPACT to get out of subs as well. You still apply the Shine method...But your STR factors into it. So brock CAN escape subs. Just not as well as your SUB D 88.

SWAY

HOW
Hold RB (xbox) FLICK L ANALOG any DIRECTION

DETAILS
I found this to be a HUGE factor in ending the fight early. This system is resembles FN4 COUNTER SYSTEM. U sway from a punch...U can immediately strike back for more damage. You can double and triple sway (3 is the most u can do) to avoid a punch. Lean back duck forward uppercut. Lean left lean right left hook. You get the point. When you land...YOU KNOW YOU LANDED. I swayed ALOT. Swaying alone will make you WANT to go toe to toe with your opponent. Honestly making you totally forget that you can kick and takedown. Its THAT exciting exchanging when both of you are swaying trying to be the first to land flush. Unfortunately...Swaying can get u killed...FAST. U can sway head kicks only by leaning back...But all other kicks will land. Sometimes i did soo much swaying i got takin down at will.

LEG KICK AFFECT

HOW
Self explanatory...Keep striking the legs.

EFFECT
Wow...Just wow. They got this one right. NO you cannot check leg kicks. But i used Thiago Alves vs GSP Hardy Paulo etc...When you KNOW the kicks are hurting. The leg kick will make the opponents knee buckle (think rampage vs griffin). Only only did his knee buckle...Get this...His LEG KICK OUTPUT damage was less. His MOVEMENT was slowed (significant difference between no leg dmg vs hurt leg dmg). More % chance of being takin down. Basically if you shoot its guaranteed takedown. The knee turns red (strong side leg...Didnt test the weak side leg).

SIDE STEP

HOW
Same as 09.

CHANGED
No more floating to the middle of the ring with one side step. Actually...When you sidestep its basically taking a big step forward. Heres the difference.

09 Step
HERE-------------------------------------------------HERE

10 Step
HERE...................HERE

Side step jab was out. Instead...Carwin uses a lunging left hook...And a power right straight for his sidestep strikes. You can still RUN the same. But you guys know how people sidestep (or run) back and forward kick or stirke. No more. U sidestep back...you can only throw a strike without reaching. Ala the sidestep body straight punch. U cant reach like that. Its just a standard strike. So basically to land one someone would have to be sidestepping towards you for you to connect.

FLASH KOS

HOW
Self explanatory...Get lucky and land clean.

CHANGED
Well...According to Omar...They were tweaked down...ALOT. But PLAYING the game...If you land clean...And a perfectly timed strike looks like a KO. Trust me. Its a KO. Elbows lean flush...KO. I got ALOT of KOS from swaying a double hooks...Then landing with a uppercut from close range. It was perfectly timed. Every single KO...LOOKS like a KO.

KO MOMENT

HOW
09-Accumulate damage to a persons body part to reach near 100%
10-Omar said it was a secret and couldnt tell

CHANGED
I seen fighters get in KO MOMENT in the FIRST 10 SECONDS. No lie. I was like WTF!?!?! Omar refused to tell us WHY you can get KO MOMENT so early. The KO MOMENTS were the same as 09 so you know what it looks like. Survive and your good to go.

THE MOMENT MODE

HOW
Place a well timed strike to stagger your opponent

DETAILS
I liked this feature. If you land flush...Your opponent will stagger for a maximum of 1.2 seconds. You have to have a FAST reaction to take advantage. You can end a fight in DEVASTATING fashion if your quick enough. When your opponent is staggered you have to input your fighters commands to finish him off. For example...I used Mcsweeney and landed a backfist...It gave me a quick window of where i can input commands...I paused the game and looked what i could do from their...It listed like 4 different methods i could do. So i choose the AB one. He quickly took a fast step forward and threw a 1-2 to drop the opponent. Think of it like an instand knockdown if you can time it well.

CLINCH WORK

CHANGED
You will still use the 09 method of reaching for a single arm collar or MT clinch. But whats different are the transitions from over/under to double under. The animations are wayyy different. Actually omar even said...ALL the animations are different. You will see ALOT more clinches in fights not...Due to the fact you have to MINOR transtion to get from position to position. So if im double over and i want to get to over/under...I minor transition for it instead of pressing forward like in 09. UP and qtr circle for the LEFT arm...DOWN and qtr circle for the right. Same for the MT clinch. I personally asked this question to omar. And he said word for word "Due to undisputedonline.nets rules regarding the MT spam. We took out paralyzing strikes (MT elbows) and flick to swing the opponent around. This time...To swing the opponent...You have to minor transition to where you want him to go as well as press a button to strike. It was easier to block being swung around than have a 25% change to break a swing in MT clinch.

CAGE WORK

HOW
Use the L analog to walk your opponent to the cage...Standing in clinch or on the bottom/top on ground.

DETAILS
Wow...Im telling you...This game is soo fast paced...It really looks like a real fight. The animations are soo beautiful here. Once in the clinch standing...You walk your opponent to the cage...I found Cage work VERY OVERPOWERING. I mean think Randy couture vs Vera. You can actually keep your opponent and dirty box for awhile. Defensive players had a tough time getting out. The same methods for transitioning in the clinch apply. The normal double unders...over/under positions. And the new place your shoulder into the caged victims midsection while he rests his body on yours. This is where the guy on the cage can take the aggressors back standing OR ground (depends if on your fighter). But most likely the aggressor was seen doing pick up slams. Yes you can slam while your are leaning on the opponent standing with him against the cage. I really think this is a powerful style in the game. Greco Roman wrestling looked VERY good.

POSITIONS on GROUND

DETAILS
New positions are BUTTERFLY guard (mir and GSP had it). CRUCIFIX (Roy Nelson and paulo had it). BACK STANDING (if you were against the cage) CLOSED GUARD negates the mounters strikes giving you more offensive options. (You can posture up from ALL besides North/South. The animations are WAYYYYY different. For example. If im in mount offense DOWN. I will transition to pick my head up...But he doesnt stand straight up like in 09. Its look more realistic...Like your head WANTS to go up...But it doesnt go their. Think of a clock. Mount offense down is at 3 o clock. Mount offense up is at 2 o clock. The more punches you rain down on your opponent...The more you posture up. Think of an escalator...The more you land the closer you get to the top. So the more damage you do...The more damage your GONNA do. It was sick how they did the mount this time. Same method for open guard or half guard offense. GNP really hurts in this game. Mount up animations totally looks wayy different from 09. While in posture up position from any position...Your gonna think...Am i mounted up? Cuz it looks similar to mount offense down. But like i said...The more you land strikes...The higher your head will posture up.

SPECTATOR

Haha...Sadly...No online spectator mode but Omar said they are working on it. BUT...In tournament mode and CAREER UFC cards...You can watch the cpu vs cpu go at it like your really on the card.

REFS STOPAGE

The ref physically jumps in their and pulls you off if you ko him. Refs also jumped in quicker than 09 when you couldnt pass guard. I was like "Come on ives lavigne...I was working over here man!!!!". Refs are..Ives Lavigne...Herb Dean...Dan Miragliotta...forgot the last one...soo sry. They were present in all the action except when they were out of view.

DECISIONS

YES THEY FIXED it. In 09 the scorecard was immediately displayed before the announcer even finished talking about it. This one....They go judge by judge. It took 2 seconds between each judges scorecards. So if the judge #1 and #2 went opposite ways...The suspense builded up for #3.

CUTS EFFECT

Their were ALOT of differnt cuts. Mcsweeney had a welt above his right eye w/ a cut slightly underneath. It was stopped when the cutscene went to Mcsweeney after the round ended. Like he couldnt continue type feeling.

DEMO

16 fighters will be included in the demo. 16. Wow. Omar said the demo will be out real soon. Didnt give out specific date. He also said it wont get pushed back.

CAF INFO

Wow...This will be alot to cover...So im going to go subject to subject...

NAME-You can either write down your name...Or choose from 100+ templated names so they will announce you.

NICKNAME-35 nicknames. I liked THE BONE COLLECTOR the best. But they werent as cheesy as 09s.

FIGHTER ATTRIBUTES-The same as 09. No new attribute added. ST CAR SPD and all the rest of the stats are the same

STANDUP STYLE-Orthodox...Orthodox southpaw...Southpaw... (orthodox southpaw means you can fight both ways)

STANDUP STANCES-Their were 12 different stances. MT had 2 different stances...Hands reaching out closed like Tong po from kickboxer and hands reaching out open. MMA style. Brawler style. Counter style. Karate style. Their were 10-12. Id have to look at the video.

GEAR-You can wear FITTED HATS...BEANIES...TSHIRTS...GIs...HOODIES. They had ALOT of each. Think of spidermans suit...For a hoodie in black and white. Was sick.

BEING ANNOUNCED-You can choose what you do when bruce buffer is announcing you.

FACE TO FACE POSE-You can choose how you react to your opponent when ref tells you to touch gloves. Show respect or dont. Up to you.

CELEBRATION-After you win...You can choose how you react.

FIGHTER MOVES-Think of WWE games. You choose EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR MOVES. It shows a preview of what it looks like. You can choose generic moves...Or specials. Theirs MANY special high kicks. Thiago alves has the quickest high kick in the game. Lighting fast.

HAIR COLOR-You can change any hair strand to ANY color. Saw someone make purple chest hair with green sideburn hair.

HAIR STYLES-35 styles including dreadlocks...Hardy style fauhawk...Clay Guidas hair. Very different.

TATS-You can choose a tattoo...And place it ANYWHERE. Not just a selected spot this time. Their were 35 different chinese calligraphy combinations.

ONLINE FEATURES-----fluidity----random stuff. Ask if you have questions.

:BOUNCE:

I hope they've improved the options for your fighters face in CAF. Last year is was near impossible to make guys like Couture

got this from ufc forum,he play the game at nyc event..

SUBMISSIONS

HOW
Submissions are applied the same exact way as 09. Pressing the R analog.

CHANGED
No more mashing. According to Omar (game developer) submissions are performed by shine method only. Now whats different is you have the ability to do FLASH SUBS (I saw someone using Mir...In half guard he applied a shoulder lock to Carwin...Carwin instantly tapped) which is new. The ability to Submission transition (which varies depending on what fighter you are using) to go from triangle to omaplata to armbar. Which makes it soo deep...You would have to master every single fighter to know who can sub transition into what. To apply this you would press the R analog...Shine counter-clockwise...Press LB (xbox) and R analog...Shine opposite direction...Press LB (xbox) and R analog...Shine counter-clockwise. Each fighter has 1-2 sub transmissions. So this is a HUGE impact on CAF due to the fact...You dont know what sub transition your opponent has...So how will you know to hurry up and reverse your shine? Haha. The final change in submissions are the SPECIAL subs. Everyone knows Joe Stevensons bread and butter is the guillotine right? Well...Fighters have a SPECIAL sub...When they get you in it...Its even MORE difficult to get out. The highest SUB O i seen was Mir with 88 and Nog had 87. The lowest was like 58. STR DOES HAVE AN IMPACT to get out of subs as well. You still apply the Shine method...But your STR factors into it. So brock CAN escape subs. Just not as well as your SUB D 88.

SWAY

HOW
Hold RB (xbox) FLICK L ANALOG any DIRECTION

DETAILS
I found this to be a HUGE factor in ending the fight early. This system is resembles FN4 COUNTER SYSTEM. U sway from a punch...U can immediately strike back for more damage. You can double and triple sway (3 is the most u can do) to avoid a punch. Lean back duck forward uppercut. Lean left lean right left hook. You get the point. When you land...YOU KNOW YOU LANDED. I swayed ALOT. Swaying alone will make you WANT to go toe to toe with your opponent. Honestly making you totally forget that you can kick and takedown. Its THAT exciting exchanging when both of you are swaying trying to be the first to land flush. Unfortunately...Swaying can get u killed...FAST. U can sway head kicks only by leaning back...But all other kicks will land. Sometimes i did soo much swaying i got takin down at will.

LEG KICK AFFECT

HOW
Self explanatory...Keep striking the legs.

EFFECT
Wow...Just wow. They got this one right. NO you cannot check leg kicks. But i used Thiago Alves vs GSP Hardy Paulo etc...When you KNOW the kicks are hurting. The leg kick will make the opponents knee buckle (think rampage vs griffin). Only only did his knee buckle...Get this...His LEG KICK OUTPUT damage was less. His MOVEMENT was slowed (significant difference between no leg dmg vs hurt leg dmg). More % chance of being takin down. Basically if you shoot its guaranteed takedown. The knee turns red (strong side leg...Didnt test the weak side leg).

SIDE STEP

HOW
Same as 09.

CHANGED
No more floating to the middle of the ring with one side step. Actually...When you sidestep its basically taking a big step forward. Heres the difference.

09 Step
HERE-------------------------------------------------HERE

10 Step
HERE...................HERE

Side step jab was out. Instead...Carwin uses a lunging left hook...And a power right straight for his sidestep strikes. You can still RUN the same. But you guys know how people sidestep (or run) back and forward kick or stirke. No more. U sidestep back...you can only throw a strike without reaching. Ala the sidestep body straight punch. U cant reach like that. Its just a standard strike. So basically to land one someone would have to be sidestepping towards you for you to connect.

FLASH KOS

HOW
Self explanatory...Get lucky and land clean.

CHANGED
Well...According to Omar...They were tweaked down...ALOT. But PLAYING the game...If you land clean...And a perfectly timed strike looks like a KO. Trust me. Its a KO. Elbows lean flush...KO. I got ALOT of KOS from swaying a double hooks...Then landing with a uppercut from close range. It was perfectly timed. Every single KO...LOOKS like a KO.

KO MOMENT

HOW
09-Accumulate damage to a persons body part to reach near 100%
10-Omar said it was a secret and couldnt tell

CHANGED
I seen fighters get in KO MOMENT in the FIRST 10 SECONDS. No lie. I was like WTF!?!?! Omar refused to tell us WHY you can get KO MOMENT so early. The KO MOMENTS were the same as 09 so you know what it looks like. Survive and your good to go.

THE MOMENT MODE

HOW
Place a well timed strike to stagger your opponent

DETAILS
I liked this feature. If you land flush...Your opponent will stagger for a maximum of 1.2 seconds. You have to have a FAST reaction to take advantage. You can end a fight in DEVASTATING fashion if your quick enough. When your opponent is staggered you have to input your fighters commands to finish him off. For example...I used Mcsweeney and landed a backfist...It gave me a quick window of where i can input commands...I paused the game and looked what i could do from their...It listed like 4 different methods i could do. So i choose the AB one. He quickly took a fast step forward and threw a 1-2 to drop the opponent. Think of it like an instand knockdown if you can time it well.

CLINCH WORK

CHANGED
You will still use the 09 method of reaching for a single arm collar or MT clinch. But whats different are the transitions from over/under to double under. The animations are wayyy different. Actually omar even said...ALL the animations are different. You will see ALOT more clinches in fights not...Due to the fact you have to MINOR transtion to get from position to position. So if im double over and i want to get to over/under...I minor transition for it instead of pressing forward like in 09. UP and qtr circle for the LEFT arm...DOWN and qtr circle for the right. Same for the MT clinch. I personally asked this question to omar. And he said word for word "Due to undisputedonline.nets rules regarding the MT spam. We took out paralyzing strikes (MT elbows) and flick to swing the opponent around. This time...To swing the opponent...You have to minor transition to where you want him to go as well as press a button to strike. It was easier to block being swung around than have a 25% change to break a swing in MT clinch.

CAGE WORK

HOW
Use the L analog to walk your opponent to the cage...Standing in clinch or on the bottom/top on ground.

DETAILS
Wow...Im telling you...This game is soo fast paced...It really looks like a real fight. The animations are soo beautiful here. Once in the clinch standing...You walk your opponent to the cage...I found Cage work VERY OVERPOWERING. I mean think Randy couture vs Vera. You can actually keep your opponent and dirty box for awhile. Defensive players had a tough time getting out. The same methods for transitioning in the clinch apply. The normal double unders...over/under positions. And the new place your shoulder into the caged victims midsection while he rests his body on yours. This is where the guy on the cage can take the aggressors back standing OR ground (depends if on your fighter). But most likely the aggressor was seen doing pick up slams. Yes you can slam while your are leaning on the opponent standing with him against the cage. I really think this is a powerful style in the game. Greco Roman wrestling looked VERY good.

POSITIONS on GROUND

DETAILS
New positions are BUTTERFLY guard (mir and GSP had it). CRUCIFIX (Roy Nelson and paulo had it). BACK STANDING (if you were against the cage) CLOSED GUARD negates the mounters strikes giving you more offensive options. (You can posture up from ALL besides North/South. The animations are WAYYYYY different. For example. If im in mount offense DOWN. I will transition to pick my head up...But he doesnt stand straight up like in 09. Its look more realistic...Like your head WANTS to go up...But it doesnt go their. Think of a clock. Mount offense down is at 3 o clock. Mount offense up is at 2 o clock. The more punches you rain down on your opponent...The more you posture up. Think of an escalator...The more you land the closer you get to the top. So the more damage you do...The more damage your GONNA do. It was sick how they did the mount this time. Same method for open guard or half guard offense. GNP really hurts in this game. Mount up animations totally looks wayy different from 09. While in posture up position from any position...Your gonna think...Am i mounted up? Cuz it looks similar to mount offense down. But like i said...The more you land strikes...The higher your head will posture up.

SPECTATOR

Haha...Sadly...No online spectator mode but Omar said they are working on it. BUT...In tournament mode and CAREER UFC cards...You can watch the cpu vs cpu go at it like your really on the card.

REFS STOPAGE

The ref physically jumps in their and pulls you off if you ko him. Refs also jumped in quicker than 09 when you couldnt pass guard. I was like "Come on ives lavigne...I was working over here man!!!!". Refs are..Ives Lavigne...Herb Dean...Dan Miragliotta...forgot the last one...soo sry. They were present in all the action except when they were out of view.

DECISIONS

YES THEY FIXED it. In 09 the scorecard was immediately displayed before the announcer even finished talking about it. This one....They go judge by judge. It took 2 seconds between each judges scorecards. So if the judge #1 and #2 went opposite ways...The suspense builded up for #3.

CUTS EFFECT

Their were ALOT of differnt cuts. Mcsweeney had a welt above his right eye w/ a cut slightly underneath. It was stopped when the cutscene went to Mcsweeney after the round ended. Like he couldnt continue type feeling.

DEMO

16 fighters will be included in the demo. 16. Wow. Omar said the demo will be out real soon. Didnt give out specific date. He also said it wont get pushed back.

CAF INFO

Wow...This will be alot to cover...So im going to go subject to subject...

NAME-You can either write down your name...Or choose from 100+ templated names so they will announce you.

NICKNAME-35 nicknames. I liked THE BONE COLLECTOR the best. But they werent as cheesy as 09s.

FIGHTER ATTRIBUTES-The same as 09. No new attribute added. ST CAR SPD and all the rest of the stats are the same

STANDUP STYLE-Orthodox...Orthodox southpaw...Southpaw... (orthodox southpaw means you can fight both ways)

STANDUP STANCES-Their were 12 different stances. MT had 2 different stances...Hands reaching out closed like Tong po from kickboxer and hands reaching out open. MMA style. Brawler style. Counter style. Karate style. Their were 10-12. Id have to look at the video.

GEAR-You can wear FITTED HATS...BEANIES...TSHIRTS...GIs...HOODIES. They had ALOT of each. Think of spidermans suit...For a hoodie in black and white. Was sick.

BEING ANNOUNCED-You can choose what you do when bruce buffer is announcing you.

FACE TO FACE POSE-You can choose how you react to your opponent when ref tells you to touch gloves. Show respect or dont. Up to you.

CELEBRATION-After you win...You can choose how you react.

FIGHTER MOVES-Think of WWE games. You choose EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR MOVES. It shows a preview of what it looks like. You can choose generic moves...Or specials. Theirs MANY special high kicks. Thiago alves has the quickest high kick in the game. Lighting fast.

HAIR COLOR-You can change any hair strand to ANY color. Saw someone make purple chest hair with green sideburn hair.

HAIR STYLES-35 styles including dreadlocks...Hardy style fauhawk...Clay Guidas hair. Very different.

TATS-You can choose a tattoo...And place it ANYWHERE. Not just a selected spot this time. Their were 35 different chinese calligraphy combinations.

ONLINE FEATURES-----fluidity----random stuff. Ask if you have questions.

:BOUNCE:

:APPLAUD: Awesome mate, just awesome.

Looks just as robotic as the last one. And implementation of automatic more damage because of a counter attack = arcade solution.

The stuff posted by ieyan sounds fucking awesome

Seems as they have added everything people wanted and more but looking at that video like Gab said it does look a little stiff but i think that's down to who's playing with no swaying ect just pure button mashing

I like the new subs on that vid as well :)

yeah it look a little bit stiff but that's because they still use the same engine but look/move much better than ufc 09..and in the video it's dana,chuck playing the game make the game still look like ufc 09..can't wait until monday when people who know how to play the game post their video..

When your opponent is rocked, the game slows down and allowed you to input a few button presses to try and finish them. Once you choose your strikes, the game restarts and the action plays out.

WTF!!!!!!

I bet they're afraid that EA will try the simulation route so they pull a NHL2K10 and make it arcady and "fun". I mean that slow motion thing Coop mentioned is just silly. Or maybe they just think that this is what people wants. I really can't think that this is something they have implemented because of fan feedback.

It's THQ - If the WWE games have taught us anything it's that they never listen to the fans feedback properly, they will expand the game in one area but then they will remove something great from the game elsewhere with no reason, the online will once again have exploits that people abuse and THQ will take too long to fix them (if at all) and they will go all quiet after the release and only be heard next year when they want to hype UFC 2011

Looking better each time i see it and its the first time i have heard about the career mode which sounds and looks brilliant compared to the last

Cant wait for this

They want the Demo out a month before the game is released so they say its out sometime in the next 2/3 weeks

It has 4 LHW fighters which are Rua, Machida, Evans and Jackson

Looking good

It will be great trying out new fighters like Carwin, Hardy, Bone's Jones ect

vg_brocklesnar_1_576.jpg

I wonder if Roy Nelsons big gut made it in

Nelson, Schaub, McSweeney and Marcus Jones you get if you reserve from Game.

Nelson looks quality, belly and all.........

What's the difference between Wrestling and Greco-Roman Wrestling in UFC 2010?
They may share the wrestling moniker, but the two schools are very different. With freestyle wrestling in the UFC, you'll see that its very much a ground based martial art. In freestyle wrestling, you can attack above AND below the waist -- this means you'll see ultimate fighters shooting for double and single leg takedowns in an attempt to take the fight to the mat.

Greco-Roman Wrestling will manifest itself in the game by way of the strength and varieties of standing clinch manouevers you can execute. In Greco, the clinch is King. To be able to better control another player in the standup game is going to be a big deal this year. Not only will you get some Greco dirty boxing moves, but your performance while your opponent is near the cage is excellent. I just lost to a buddy who did a great job at utilizing the Greco clinch and backing me into the cage where he proceeded to turn my abdomen into pulp with a volley of knee strikes...ouch...

In addition, your standing throws are going to be really strong, which is a great way to get a striker to the mat! (Think Johnny Jones, one of the top Greco wrestlers in the UFC)

Will the Buffer 360 in the game?
While the famed and notorious Buffer 180 is in the game, the 360 will be absent this year. Two important factors contributed...

1. the Buffer 360 had not been invented yet when Bruce was in studio doing his motion capture session.

2. Even if the Buffer 360 had been conceived and tried in-Octagon, its is an extremely dangerous stunt and we wouldn't want the Veteran Voice of the Octagon to be in a stretcher on account of our mo-cap requests.

Will developers update fighter stats in real time like other sports games?
Of course! Not only will we be updating Ultimate Fighters' stats as they progress in their real-life careers, we'll be updating their records. Even championship divisional belt holders will change as the months roll on after May!

Will the Crucifix submission via Side Control be in the game?
1. Yes, it most definitely will be.

2. Here on the development team, we like to refer to it as the "Salaverry". This is a direct reference to the Ultimate Fighter who really pioneered the move in the Octagon: Ivan Salaverry. For those of you who are pre-ordering with GameStop, you'll have one more Salaverry sub fighter to work with, Roy "Big Country" Nelson. You can call him big, but dont call him slow...

Can you customize your Created Fighters' taunt?
You will be able to customize your CAF character's taunt while you are building your fighter.

Can you elbow from the full mount position?
Players will be able to rain elbows on their victims while they're in the full mount position.

Attributes for Create a Fighter -- is there a stat cap?
There is. We've capped all fighters' stats this year. You won't see any "Super CAFs" with over-buffed attributes.

Back
Top Bottom