WE 10 - Official Master League Thread

SB you get about five rain and 2-3 snow games a season on average.. would like to see the weather improved though so the rain comes an during a game and not just straight away raining etc. Also the snow just gets annoying after a while especially when the teams have allot of white... Wish they'd have better pitch effects to match the weather also wear and tear throughout the season!!

in ML, 1 star represents little activity in the transfer market and 3 stars represenst the maximum activity in the transfer market?

Nick Cave said:

Thankyou, I've just created my fisrt master league in we10 with maximum activity in the transfer market, i love it when com teams move players around :) Could I also ask when players retire and are reborn, there names don't come back in japanese do they?

Last edited by a moderator:
NWATNA said:
Thankyou, I've just created my fisrt master league in we10 with maximum activity in the transfer market, i love it when com teams move players around :) Could I also ask when players retire and are reborn, there names don't come back in japanese do they?

No they don't....as mentioned before somewhere, if one of your regular good players or a big name is coming up for retirement, if you play him in the last game of the season he does a lap of honour at the end and gets a few words in the stats screen after the game... have yet to see it but it's there!! ;)

Now thats an interesting feature, especially as I have Van der Sar retiring in 5 league matches time :D. Must remember to play him, thanks for the pointer!

Nick Cave said:
No they don't....as mentioned before somewhere, if one of your regular good players or a big name is coming up for retirement, if you play him in the last game of the season he does a lap of honour at the end and gets a few words in the stats screen after the game... have yet to see it but it's there!! ;)

Thankyou! I can't believe were all enjoying the master league in we10 while everyone else is in angst in anticipation for pro evo 6 :) Thankyou God.

Hey,
Can someone explain to me please that screen after you see each players's game score,you have those blue bars and something like "exp %"
That shows how much that player improved in each ablity?

Craiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Davis!!

thumbnail_craigdavid.jpg

Well onto ML. I've went back to this and decided to star afresh with PES Utd. I've edited them to be a fictious Scottish team playing in a British league with some Scandinavia teams, Belgian and Dyn. Kiev.

Just edited some players, no real superstars. Agata who plays for PES Utd is probably my best rated player. Also in terms of buying players, I only buy whoever is open to negotiations with me. So I've brought in Lecheur of Auxerre (33) and Mphela (S.African).

I'm sitting around 9th place and face off with Newcastle in the QF's of the D1 Cup.

My 1st season saw me facing some of the lesser English teams i.e. Fulham, Man City, Portsmouth etc. Won the league although lost out in the Cup Final. :(

FD

fd1972uk said:
Also in terms of buying players, I only buy whoever is open to negotiations with me. So I've brought in Lecheur of Auxerre (33) and Mphela (S.African).

Is there an option to do that aye? Think I remember seeing it but not sure...

I won the treble with Betis after 7 seasons and have chucked that in now, started a new ML after the transfer window closed and using Dyno's(??) option file. It's a regional mix, like Western Europe in A, Eastern Europe in B, etc, makes for a different feeling while playing. I'm Torino now, in with some other Italian sides and both Moscow teams, along with Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and Besiktas. Doing surprisingly well in the first season, sitting 4th.

Old warhorse Roberto Muzzi (36!) played a crucial role in the first half of the season, scoring 6 times in total. But with his contract up at the end of the year and his stats dropping quicker than Joost's maw's knickers at the bingo, I punted him to Palermo in the window. Stefano Fiore didn't really get going in the opening 6 months, and a suprise bid from Barcelona was quickly accepted. Bids for Masashi Oguro, Simone Barone and Axel Konan were turned down. I brought in young Shimizu, who is already dynamite, but failed to sign Argentine winger Marcelo Delgado and free-agent Julio Arca.

Claudio De Sousa is currently top scorer for the club, with 6 Serie A goals. The high of the season so far was a home derby victory over Juventus, a header scored by Roberto Stellone after a luscious cross from captain Gabriele Cioffi.

Who says ML can't be fun ;).

Not in the game by default Gerd, no. It's Dyna's option file I used, which has a few teams replacing some others (CSKA Moscow, Red Star Belgrade, Torino are all in it, for example).

It's also pretty good for the latest transfers, haven't spotted anyone out of place and it's got Whistle's club kits too for every team, which are superb.

CD - Yeah, there is an option in the transfers menu. Something like 'Open to Negotiation' or something like that. There's only a few players on it, but it ain't all the big players.

I'm still using the old style kits and default teams. :(

FD

fd1972uk said:
CD - Yeah, there is an option in the transfers menu. Something like 'Open to Negotiation' or something like that. There's only a few players on it, but it ain't all the big players.

I'm still using the old style kits and default teams. :(

FD
Cheers Frank, I'll have a look in there. You should grab that option file, unless of course you've done a ton of editing yourself and there are things you don't want to lose.

Yeah, I guess it would be good CD, but don't want to lose what I already have at the moment.

When you say an option file, it's just using X-Port and transferring it over to the memory card? It's not a Patch?

ML - Sitting in 7th place at the moment, 10 points behind Arsenal at the top and 6 behind the 2nd team. Can't see me getting anywhere near the top of the league. Funnily enough the fixtures have more of the lesser teams I play in a row and then I get hit with the big boys like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool all in a row.

In the semi's of the cup after beating Newcastle 8-1 on aggregrate (they had beat me earlier in the league) in the QF's (had beat Rangers in the Last Sixteen), now face Chelsea in the semi's with the prospect of a final between Man Utd or Liverpool.

Really enjoying this far more than the usual games with players I like who have decent ratings. Now I'm going after only players that I can get through the 'open to negotiation' list. Have a few players up for sale.

Maybe for money I may sell off Agata who is my star player (probably), as I was getting bids around 9000+ so that would allow me to bring in some players, as I rejected bids at the start of the season from the likes of Liverpool and Valencia and also during the transfer window mid-season. Maybe I'll give him another season if we qualify for Europe and then sell him off to a bigger team (if the fans let me :mrgreen: ) .

FD

Yeah it's an actual option file, transferrable by X-Port to your memory card. If you have two memory cards, you could put it on your non-WE one and then load up WE10, go to the options and choose to import kits, badges and emblems from another card (the one with the Dyna OF on it). That way you keep your edited stats/appearances and get to enjoy the updated kits.

Mind he's replaced a few teams, like Rosenborg with one of the Moscow sides, etc, so you'll have Rosenborg playing in another team's kit. Think Juve have also been relinked over a Dutch team. Might be worth loading it up on the spare mem card first to see exactly what you think of it.

Well I'm really enjoying the way I'm playing it at the moment with not the strongest of teams.

Ended up finishing 5th in the league, so I managed to grab a CL spot from the qualifying round.

Had a couple of ball crushing games against Man Utd (who won the league). Played them in the Final of the cup and had took an early 1-0 lead, however Utd hit back and equalised. However just entering the last minute of the game I gave away a corner and Ferdinand came bursting in and fired an unstoppable header into the net. :(

Then in the 2nd last game of the season I played Man Utd at home and had scored an early goal, then with 2 mins left I bagged a second to seemingly finish the game. However straight from kick-off Saha ran through a couple of players and fired into the net and then a minute later a cross into the box and mix-up with defence and Ronaldo fired home snatching a draw. :( The two goals where credited in the 90th minute.

Managed to sell off some players including Lacheur who I had signed at the start of last season, was good money for a 33 year old. Brought in Maxwell (Brazilian), Torchowski (German) and Agahowa - I only buy from the players willing to negotiate with me.

First league game saw me face off against Chelsea at home, Kalou put them 1-0 up, however I managed to get an equaliser. And with 2 mins left Agahowa who I had moved up front from the wing managed to smash a shot past Cech. Minutes later Agata finished the game with another strike, making it 3-1. :applause:

Now I face off against Sampdoria in the CL qualifying group (thought it would be 2 leg games, but seems it's groups), also face off against Chelsea and Newcastle.

FD

Well started over again, started up the new game with no age capping and also with the new option file with new strips. \\:o/

Have went PES Utd and have put myself in with teams in Spain, Portugal and France. I've edited player names, but not stats.

A tough 2nd division comprises of us, Nantes, Lille, Bordeaux, Zaragoza, Betis, Bilbao and Espanyol.

FD

For me, I am playing on 4 stars difficulty in my Master League, my setup is as follows:

I picked Manchester United (my favorite team) and distributed teams in the four leagues by setting two teams from England, France, Spain, Holland, Germany in each league (coupled with three teams from countries like Ukraine, Turkey, Scotland etc etc and one South American team)...however I forgot to select Feyenoord and Celta Vigo in my setup, which probably made the leagues a little dull...

Anyway, now I am in my third season sitting on top of the table with 21 wins out of 21, into the semi-finals of both Champions League and Division 1 Cup...won the Division 2 title on first attempt, got 2nd last season (but won all cup competitions). Currently, my top three strikers are Louis Saha (60 goals), Ruud van Nistelrooy (52 goals) and Wayne Rooney (48 goals) on the all-time top scorers list.

P.S. Wayne Rooney is a real handful for any defence, scored 42 times in the last 31 matches he played in, almost scoring with every shot he takes...

sup dudes .. im in the 2007 season in ML on six stars and i need a new challenge cuz its too easy nwo..

any suggestions?

my teams is liverpool with a few additions to the bench such as ..

muntari, halil altintop, huntelaar, emre, a.ferdinand, caldwell, piennar,

and makinwa..

p.s

crouch is insane .. im shocked.. this season and im just past the negotiation break.. hes got 22 goals :O

Only suggestion I could make was either start off with the old ML default team or just choose one of the smaller teams available and then limit your transfer targets.

I've managed to gain promotion to the 1st Division. \\:o/ Won the league in the last game. Went through a right sticky patch around the middle of the season which also included a 3-1 win in the 1st leg of the cup over Nantes being turned into a 3-0 loss in the return. :( However managed to bring in a couple of players, Mphela and Orichosii (young Romanian guy, 17). Managed to pip At. Bilbao and Espanyol. I faced off against Espanyol in the final game where the winner would win the league, I was 3 points clear although we had the same goal diff. Managed to beat them 2-0.

Have brough in a few players, A.Berezeutsky (Russian), Esparaza (speedy Mexican) and Perkhadt from Spurs, big tall quick striker.

Face off against Barcelona in my 1st league game. :)

FD

Last edited:
Dissapointing season for me so far i think it's my second season or 3rd can't remember only won D1 cup though! I can normally win things on 6 stars cups etc, but have my Master league on 5 stars and all i have won this season is D1 cup after getting battered by PSG in the Champions league Quaters, only losing on goal difference dam away goals:(. Got a team with massive potential but no end product. Stated this ML before my team Chelsea signed Shevchenko so no bonus of haqving him upfront. Players i have sold inc Drogba, and some other Chelsea youngsters, need to get rid of Crespo and Gudjohnsen though.

In my team managed to buy Ashly Cole got Rooney and Torres as well and Walcott on the bench can't belive i'm about 5th in the League with 3 games to go gotta make a Uefa cup place at least. Aim for next season massive improvement needed in the consitence department. I may need some young blood to replace Ballack and Lamps soon as well. Want to buy Cristiano Ronaldo but as usual he will probably reject everything i offer him, need cover for Robben who sits behind Rooney and Torres up front as Joe Cole and Gudjohnsen are not cuttting it, also need a better central defensive partner for John Terry.

Last edited:
Well got started on my ML.

Faced off against Barca at the Nou Camp, took a surprise lead after 3 minutes, my 36 year old striker Mestrada (Mols formerly, think I overwrote Gremio with their players who I guess where a Dutch team before the editing) who retires at the end of the season.

However Barca with their 3 pronged attack of Ronaldinho, Messi and Saviola took it's toll, a disappointing corner goal conceded with Saviola winning the ball in the air. :roll: Then they managed to race into a 3-1 lead, however I did grab one back from Nino (formerly Lucas of Gremio) in injury time.

However managed to get a 3-0 win over Benfica at home in the next league game and won 2-1 against Monaco after falling behind 1-0 early on.

Currently sitting in 4th place with At. Bilbao and Barca having 9 pts each.

Esparaza has been really impressive, very pace and only 18.

FD

Started over again and have went Rodos (Rhodes) in a mixture of Greek, Turkish and Italian teams, think Steau and Belgrade might also be there, can't mind, at least 1 of them.

Doing well in the league, top spot and into the next round of the cup.

As they're really a small team from Greece, I edited names of players, did change a few players stats (2 defenders, midfielder and attacker), the rest I left as they where with the exception of names and nationality.

Bought Mphela and Tziolis (sp? Greek OM from Panathinaikos). Have also decided that I can only allow 3 non European players in the team, and I'm currently at 2 (Mphela and Rzasa - Brazilian dude).

FD

Back
Top Bottom