WE 10 - Official Master League Thread

Just started my ML with my team Liverpool.....
the 4 divisions are grouped geographically...

Div A: England, Scotland, France
Div B: Germany, Holland, Scandinavian teams
Div C: Spain, Portugal, some French teams
Div D: Italy, Greece, Turkey, Eastern Europe

We picked up off Liverpool's 4-4-2 formation with Garcia a supporting
striker behind Crouch, this did not work very well, and now the
starting strikers are Fowler supporting Cisse.
After 3 consecutive 1:0 wins over Marseille, Newcastle and Arsenal,
we faced a tricky trip to Lyon...they took the lead in the 1st minute
thanks to Wiltord.
But a much improved 2nd half saw us defend better and Cisse bagged
a hat-trick out of counter-attacking goals to win 3:1...
So after 4 games, Liverpool sit on top with a Shevchenko inspired
Chelsea in 2nd place....I'm sure it will be very difficult to hold
on to top spot, as we face Man United next...

Don't know if anyone else has seen this bug:

Playing ML 5 at stars.
Saw the keeper going out of the goal, the keeper was walking to the cornerflag, scoring for me wasn't so easy...

ClassicD said:
It's incredibly frustrating because it should be the hardest cup to win, nearly all the games are meant to be rock solid but they're...very easy. It's like a switch is flicked and the game seems to turn off any little tricks/cheats/bugs it might usually try in the league. I'm also disappointed that they've not fixed certain bugs like matches during the daytime, and the big one for me, seperating clubs from the same nation during the group stage. I had a group consisting of Real Betis, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea, while another group had AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus and Celtic.

I'm not surprised they have'nt bothered about it....it's been in there
ever since they moved to this WEFA thingy....
And it's SO UNREALISTIC !!!!
Add to that, every match after the 1st game of the season and
except any local derbies are watched by a small crowd....really
kills the realism....
Makes you wonder what these guys at Konami are watching....

Every match is at day
Also every Cup Final is at night....
You can't pick the stadia for Cup finals....
You can't pick whether it's day or night ?

So many little niggles....
they could just give us the option to chose all these things, and leave
the defaults to as they are right now

koray said:
Yes this happened to me also.

I am playing as Juventus(5 star).In the first half of the season I win 14 matches out of 15.I scored 45 goals in that half...But in the second half I can only won 10 matches and thse wins are pretty close like 2-1 or 1-0.

I think game decides to stop you from winning easily.And when you are struggle let you win some matches...

Amazing can't belive someone had the same thing happen it is very weird.

Adonis said:
man Im loving the ML at the moment, even though I just walked it last season. Won the treble on 6* with Milan and it was hugely satisfying rather than too easy.

Had some crakers in the champions league, with both Real Madrid and Barca holding me at home in the first leg. The Madrid game was awesome. Was 2-2 after the first leg, (couldnt believe I let in 2 away goals!) and they scored first at home. I managed to win the game comfortably in the end, but was sweating at halftime wondering what to do!

Im now gonna start ML again with a weaker team to get more of a challenge out of it. Probably wait a bit until some of the transfers are done in real life so I can have an accurate ML.

But Ive got a question before I do. Im concerned about the difficulty of transfering players. Its a bit too unrealistic on 6*.

Ive heard that the ML difficulty determines how hard it is to buy players. Can anyone confirm this? Or is it the transfer frequency setting? I just wanna make it a tad easier.

Cheers

Sounds like you had a great ML. Why not try old skool Winning Eleven and start ML with Castoro etc in Div 2 on 6 stars. Think that's about as hard as Winning Eleven can get besides Human beings :D

The thing about you playing really well in the 1st half of the season versus playing crap in the 2nd half has been there even in earlier WE games.

ClassicD said:
You and your Morales! I bet if the game still had Hernandez of Mexico (blonde hair, headband), you'd buy him too (I would!).

Too right I would. :mrgreen:

FD

Ballsed up my ML game, won the double but I had my team going up to the wrong league. Have started again, and am doing well, top of the league with 3 points.

Anyway, starting off with PES Utd. Teams consists of the following (players positions are based on where I intend to play them):-

GK
---

Ramirez (edited him over Tapia of Chile, old favourite)
Mirzapour (Iran)

DEF
---

McGrew (Scotland - edited over existing player)
Pashazedeh (Iran - edited over existing player)
Nakazawa (Japan)
Kalla (Cameroon)
Lawrence (Trinidad & Tobago)
Nimbombe (Togo)
Song (Cameroon)
Hejduk (USA)

MID
---

Mahdavikia (Iran)
Karimi (Iran)
Kaebi (Iran)
Hadji (Morocco)
Armando (Argentina - Edited existing player)
Alex (Japan)
Schopp (Austria)

FOR
----

Roberto (Brazil - Edited existing player)
Kaleiffa (Iran - Edited existing player)
Blanco (Mexico - Edited existing player)
Ali Daei (Iran)

Usually I have certain leagues combined into the different leagues with the mixed European teams (where I intend to play).

FD

Trying to buy players is hard. I want to buy Messi but he's at Barcelona (obv.) who are second in the WEFA ranking (I'm top) but no matter how much I offer, or even if I try and trade my best players, I can't buy him. I tried offering my best player, plus 50,000 and a 4500 salary and it was still refused. It's pretty stupid..

Isn't there a setting for that at the beginning? I don't think it's stupid, it's pretty crucial for giving the ML some depth IMO. At the end of my second season I let quite a few guys go and was unable to get nearly as many back in due to the thing you mention, so I struggled for numbers in that season and ended up losing my Cup and WEFA Champions League titles I'd won the year before, though I did (finally!) win the title ;). I think it's pretty good, would you expect Barca to sell Messi in real life? If they did it would only be to another huge club and for an insane transfer fee, which club are you?

Bout 2/3 of the way through season 4 in my game and 1 point clear of Barca in the league, surely into the last 4 of the CL after a 5-0 pumping of Real Madrid in the first-leg of our quarter-final match, and still in contention in the Copa del Rey too.

Front two of Tavano and Danobeitia (Athletic Bilbao) are going down a storm, and Pimpong (Ghana) is a great forward option too.

So any good promising players? I haven't started ML yet, will do so next week after exams.

ClassicD said:
I think it's pretty good, would you expect Barca to sell Messi in real life? If they did it would only be to another huge club and for an insane transfer fee, which club are you?

I'm playing as Man Utd, they are top of the WEFA ranking in my game(I think I set the transfer difficulty to 2). Barca would sell Messi, every player has their price! If Chelsea offered $70mil for him, they would sell him. That's what I'm trying to do here, yet it's impossible to buy him in my game. I'm considering buying every Barca player I can, so that it will cripple the team and make them crap, then they might sell him. Although by the time I've done that, he'll be far too old to be worth it. I've already played many seasons, and won everything - I won EVERY game last season, 5-star, I should be at a point where I can start buying players for fun to build the squad I want - I think I've earned that privelige.

how do i get my players to regain their fatigue?? i used the reg.confition but it just messes up the players completely

ClassicD said:
From Betis, Fernando and Melli are great.
Can you post there nationality and ages please, because most of there team is not translated :) And like some stats of the player, like injury so I can spot them more easily.

Also position :)

Last edited:
Squad numbers might be easier ;):

27. Melli
9. Fernando

And how in the name of the wee man can you still not have teams translated this long after release?

ClassicD said:
Squad numbers might be easier ;):

27. Melli
9. Fernando

And how in the name of the wee man can you still not have teams translated this long after release?
I have fernando V3, thats it. Waiting for ultimate WC patch!!! :lmao: Or on Whistle's OF!

Fatigue is fine IMO, my regulars never seem to get shattered but they do all get a rest every 4/5 games, after which their fatigue bar is emptied.

kinezumi said:
Trying to buy players is hard. I want to buy Messi but he's at Barcelona (obv.) who are second in the WEFA ranking (I'm top) but no matter how much I offer, or even if I try and trade my best players, I can't buy him. I tried offering my best player, plus 50,000 and a 4500 salary and it was still refused. It's pretty stupid..

I've had the exact same thing numerous times. I was top of the rankings and trying to buy Sneijder from Ajax (everyone other than him was on 2 stars for interest, and he was on 0), so offering 50,000 and 5000 wages (or whatever the highest are) for every round of the negotiations still wouldn't let me buy him.

Sometimes it is just a bit silly, I guess he just didn't want to join Newcastle ;).

Hi! Here's what I'd like to know

What does Master League level do? And how many stars have you guys put?

I'd like to play most realistic as possible
Game level is for matches, right?
And about transfers, 2 out of 3 stars is optimal?

Tell me what'cha think about this :) :-k

Is Theo Walcott, G. Rossi and Fabregas any good?

Also can you start with Ximenez and them lot still? Because usually I start with Man Utd, but want some challenge.

ClassicD said:
From Betis, Fernando and Melli are great.
Fernando is a great player! (also a great translator! :lol: )
when i was playing with Man. Utd. i bought him and he was in the starting 11.

Well I posted some of the players with the best growth curves, I posted this on gamefaqs and it got deleted... there could be spoilers avobe

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD...

PREMIER LEAGUE

-Fabregas , 18, CMF, 93
Henry, 28, CF, 94
Hleb, 24, OMF, 89
Walcott, 17, WF, 92
Milner, 20, SMF, 90
Baros, 24, CF, 88
Reto Ziegler, 20, SMF, 90
Reo Coker, 21, CMF, 90
Osman, 24, OMF, 88
Alnwick, 19, GK, 93
Dunn, 26, SMF, 90
-Cech, 23, GK, 93
Essien, 23, CMF, 90
Lampard, 27, CMF, 90
-J. Cole, 24, OMF, 92
Makalamby, 20, GK, 90
Ambrose, 22, OMF, 90
Bent, 22, CF, 90
Ashton, 19, SB, 90
Jenas, 23, CMF, 88
Lennon, 19, SMF, 90
Davids, 33, CMF, 88
Burch, 22, GK, 88
Huddlestone, 19, CMF, 90
Parker, 25, CMF, 90
-Nzogbia, 19, OMF, 92
Nolan, 17, CB, 88
John, 20, CF, 88
M. Taylor, 24, WB, 90
Onuoha, 18, SB, 88
Ireland, 17, OMF, 90
B. W. Phillips, 21, CF, 89
Miller, 18, CF , 90
K Schmeichel, 19, GK, 91
C. Mills, 19, CB, 88
Park, 25, OMF, 90
-Rooney, 20, ST, 94
-Smith, 25, CMF, 94
-C. Ronaldo, 21, WG, 95
J. Morrison, 19, SMF, 90
Catermole, 18, SMF, 88
Downing, 21, SMF, 90
Pennock, 18, CF, 90
Walker, 17, CMF, 90
Johnson, 18, SMF, 90
Gerrard, 25, CMF, 90
Idrizaj, 18, SMF, 90
Cisse, 24, CF, 89

FRENCH LEAGUE

Martin, 20, SB, 89
Gomis, 20, CF, 91
Moulin, 20, GK, 90
Mermillod, 20, GK, 90
Sennaoui, 19, GK, 91
Buhler, 21, SB, 89
Mahtieu, 22, SB, 88 (WTF!!!)
Nade, 21, WG, 90
Mamadou Diallo, 24, CF, 91
Bamogo, 23, ST, 91
Miami, 23, CMF, 90
Nasri, 18, OMF, 91
Gueye, 20, CF, 91
Momar Ndiaye, 18, CF, 90
Mayebi, 19, GK, 92
Cabaye, 20, DMF, 90
Mirallas, 18, CF, 90
Hartock, 19, GK, 90
Benzama, 18, CF, 90
Fred, 22, CF, 92
Riou, 18, GK, 90
Yohann Pele, 23, GK, 92

GERMAN LEAGUE

Vacek, 18, SMF, 90
Borowski, 25, CMF, 90
Klasnic, 26, CF, 90
Vander, 25, GK, 90
Hanke, 22, CF, 90
Altinop 23, CF, 92
Pander, 22, SB, 90
Baumjohann, 19, OMF , 90 (WTF!!!)
Poborsky, 20, CF, 91
Hildebrand, 27, GK, 90
Kiesling, 22, CF, 90
Vittek, 24, CF, 90
- Schweinsteiger, 21, OMF, 92
Castro, 18, CMF, 90
Barnetta, 20, CMF, 90
Bervatov, 25, CF, 90
Tadic, 18, CF, 90
- Kruska, 18, CMF, 92
- Nuri Sahin, 17, OMF, 94
K. P. Boateng, 19, OMF, 90
Sverkos, 22, CF, 90
De Jong, 21, SB, 90
Trochowsky, 22, OMF
Van Der Vaart, 23, CMF, 93
Delura, 20, WG, 90

SERIE A

Adriano, 24, CF, 92
De Sanctis, 29, GK, 90
-Obinna, 19, CF, 93
Foti, 17, CF, 90
Volpato, 19, CF, 90
Donadle, 23, CMF, 90
Pazzini, 21, CF, 90
Manfredini, 17, GK, 90
Barzagli, 24, CB, 90
Pirlo, 26,DMF, 93
Kaka’, 24, OMF, 90
Gilardino, 23, CF, 92
Buffon, 28, GK 94
Ibrahimovic, 24, CF, 92
Trezeguet, 28, CF, 90
Mutu, 27, CF, 90
Chivu, 25, SW, 91
Totti, 29, ST, 91
-Gurci, 20, GK, 92
-Okaka, 16, CF, 93

Before my first season in D1, I picked up Diego Forlan, who currently is on top the league scoring chart with 24 goals, and I'm only half way through the season. It's almost too easy to score with him, usually end up getting aat least 2 goals per game from him.

Playing the Master League with the opposition at 4 stars. I think I need to bump it up to 5 or 6 for a serious challenge.

well i'm with Barcelona and i found ewerthon a brazilian very good (messi is substitute now) he is very fast.. and scores good 17 games 18 gools 6 assis. he is very nice... somebody talked about computer put a stop in your victory row.. yeah thats true same sh*t to me... i'm playing 4 stars and at the 15 fixture i had 38/3 gools but know i barely can score 2 :S damn computer.. by the away Rolfes e also a great player

I dunno why, but I feel like mentioning this - BUY C Y PARK.

Dear god this guy is amazing, I bought him in my first season, and he's matured in to the best played in the game by a long long way. His shooting is second to none for accuracy and power, and he's banging in a consistent 4 goals a game for me on 5 stars. He's tall, powerful, doesn't go down easy, got great dribbling, and if you pick the ball up with him in your own half, he'll be able to beat any defence and more than likely score. To be honest, he makes the game almost too easy.

My best buys so far have been Jaoquin and C.Ronaldo, amazing wingers with phenomenal growth potential.

Adriano doesnt peak as high as I would of liked, and Ronaldinho not suprisingly becomes the greatest player in the world after a few seasons, but that sort of kills the game..

Back
Top Bottom