WE 10 - Official Master League Thread

||| STAN ||| said:
Started my ML with Nantes. With PLF stats, and i made some tweaks too.
i'll post video highlights of my play.

Friendly vs. Lille: ---
Round 1 vs. Sochaux: http://www.gameklip.com/v/887
Round 2 vs. Troyes: http://www.gameklip.com/v/888
Nice clips there mate! :)

I saw those clips before i saw this post and i was wondering who this stan guy is. Nice to meet you.

Are you going to post up anymore pics soon?

kinezumi said:
I dunno why, but I feel like mentioning this - BUY C Y PARK.

Dear god this guy is amazing, I bought him in my first season, and he's matured in to the best played in the game by a long long way. His shooting is second to none for accuracy and power, and he's banging in a consistent 4 goals a game for me on 5 stars. He's tall, powerful, doesn't go down easy, got great dribbling, and if you pick the ball up with him in your own half, he'll be able to beat any defence and more than likely score. To be honest, he makes the game almost too easy.

the "park chu young - park ji sung" duo is almost the most invincible partnership i've had in 5*. :D

Folks might already be aware of this, but you can change the Master League difficulty setting in the off-season period. This will help those who are having problems buying players (near impossible on 6 stars!). Just remember to adjust the difficulty back before you enter the new season.

Players to sign:

- Park Chu Young
- Fernando (Betis)
- Mathieu
- Arca
- Babel
- Fàbregas
- Ribéry

how many seasons do you guys play with the same team?

I'm into my 4th season and my team is so different than when it started, Ive got a pretty big roster too but I'm starting to get a bit bored of it but I dont want to start a new ML team because all the young players will reset and ill end up buying the same people i had before D:

i say the trick is 2 play till youve won every cup topped every table (best overall player, assist leader,etc) and tope the wefa rankings then if you still wanna play master league try with a weaker team and start off with a small budget ;)

saji10 said:
any good young players turn into cannavaro type defender?

Chivu and Heintiga (sp)

If you play a few ML seasons pick up a young talent called Palameri, he starts off I think in the 2nd or 3rd ML as a 17 year old. Eventually becomes a fantastic defender.

Guys,

Is there an english Commentary patch somewhere on this forum..fro WE 10..? I have used the fernando v2 patch...and can play ..the game..but wud love..if the commentary is in english too..!:)

bhavik23 said:
Guys,

Is there an english Commentary patch somewhere on this forum..fro WE 10..? I have used the fernando v2 patch...and can play ..the game..but wud love..if the commentary is in english too..!:)

Yes there is, ironically its in the patch download/upload section :)

I am playing now for the 6th season ML and was wondering...

What is going to happen with players that retire?
Are you gonna see those player later again or are they gone?

Thx in advance!

Last edited:
I'm in my 5th season I think, still Betis. I don't usually last this many seasons with one team but certain things have happened at various times that meant I still had the motivation to continue.

Season 1 - La Liga:2nd, Copa del Rey:Winners, Europe:N/A
Season 2 - La Liga:2nd, Copa del Rey:Winners, WEFA CL:Winners
Season 3 - La Liga:Winners, Copa del Rey:SF, WEFA CL:QF
Season 4 - La Liga:2nd, Copa del Rey:Winners, WEFA CL:Winners

After Season 2, my aim was to do 'The Treble' and retire from this ML (win all three competitions entered). This is usually no problem in a WE game to the point where I do it at the first opportunity (2nd season). I eventually won the title in Season 3 but at the price of losing my WEFA Champions League and Copa del Rey titles, so the motivation to continue was there. In my latest campaign (Season 4), again I won in Europe and the domestic cup but threw away the title on the last day of the season by drawing with, of all teams, Sevilla! Barcelona won the title, despite being held at home by Mallorca, so a win over Sevilla would have won me the league. Again, I had the motivation to play another season, which I'm about 60% through just now. Top of the league only on goal difference and face Bayern Munchen in the last 8 of the WEFA, with a semi-final tie against Barca in the cup.

P.S. Found a new WE cult-hero, Banecki of Kaiserslautern (weird cos I think he really plays for Werder). Giant player who is listed as a defensive midfielder, but can also play CB or SB. Personally I love to play him in central defense, but the odd time I've deployed him in midfield he's done well too. He's not got anything like amazing stats, but he just has that 'feel' to him that I like, similar to good old Cellini. Stuck a pair of white Predator boots on him and he's now one of my favourite WE players of all time, weird! :lol:

Last edited:
Hi, i was wondering, can players grow (become better) in more than 1 way. The only time i have noticed them getting better is after each game. Is there a way to train them etc.. thanks

During a season they only improve after they've taken part in a match. During pre-season, you can train them in individual aspects (shooting, passing, dribbling, etc), at the expense of their fitness (the fatigue bar goes up). Push them too far and they will get injured. I find it best to do two training sessions which brings their fatigue level to 50%, then a full rest session which brings them back to 0%. Then repeat. I don't play any pre-season friendlies, however.

ClassicD said:
During a season they only improve after they've taken part in a match. During pre-season, you can train them in individual aspects (shooting, passing, dribbling, etc), at the expense of their fitness (the fatigue bar goes up). Push them too far and they will get injured. I find it best to do two training sessions which brings their fatigue level to 50%, then a full rest session which brings them back to 0%. Then repeat. I don't play any pre-season friendlies, however.

Do you Auto train the whole team or do the individual sessions per player?

I am playing now for the 6th season ML and was wondering...

What is going to happen with players that retire?
Are you gonna see those player later again or are they gone?

Thx in advance!

codpiece said:
Do you Auto train the whole team or do the individual sessions per player?
I choose different things for each player, depending on what I'm after. Although lately, I've been focusing on nothing but teamwork during pre-season.

ClassicD said:
I choose different things for each player, depending on what I'm after. Although lately, I've been focusing on nothing but teamwork during pre-season.

I'll have to try that. I've always just hit Auto train.

Anyone else finding it really hard to sign players? I'm in my 3 season and I can't seem to sign any established players, even when I turn down the master league difficulty I can't sign anyone for any amount of money

I've won the league 2 seasons in a row also

It seems as if I write in Chinese (or another difficult language), as I still haven't got a reaction yet....

Ghost of a Bullet said:
Anyone else finding it really hard to sign players? I'm in my 3 season and I can't seem to sign any established players, even when I turn down the master league difficulty I can't sign anyone for any amount of money

I've won the league 2 seasons in a row also
Might be to do with your WEFA ranking, that's the only logical reason I can think of.

Noaxx, yeah I think all retired players eventually come back as youngsters, same position and same looks, etc. Very boring.

how to start ML with regular squad, not ML default?

I don't have a patch or any menus translated, so any help would be appreciated.

I thought there was an option to play a brand-new ML using the roster of players that already exist for whichever team you choose - i.e. not playing with the no-named rookies it starts you off with. I've already done that...

thanks

ClassicD said:
Might be to do with your WEFA ranking, that's the only logical reason I can think of.

Noaxx, yeah I think all retired players eventually come back as youngsters, same position and same looks, etc. Very boring.

Thnx for your reaction!

I don't mind if retired players are comming back...
It would be funny too see when a player is visible getting older.

Or what to think that you can change easier his haircolour/haircut in the middle of a season.

Last edited:
Ok, 5/6/7 (lost count!) seasons in and I have finally won the treble with Arsenal. I started with the default crappy master league players of course.

I won the double the previous season and missed out on the champs league to Barca in the final. This season I had revenge, I beat them in the semi final. First leg 3-3. Second leg 4-3 to Arsenal - classic.

Also at the end of this season I traded a player and used 45k to finally buy Messi after 3 seasons of trying! all good for next season where I am moving up to 6 star difficulty

Anyway up till now I have been on 5 star, and this is my team. I cant remember all of them at the moment and my spelling might be wrong on player names as well.

These guys I bought young and it took a good few seasons for them to mature but they are now all averaging 21-25 and are kicking arse, plus a few older stars :)

I play 4-3-3 - with 2 SMF and 1 CMF in midfield with three CF.

GK Wolf
GK Buchanan

CB Van Borre (or is it VandenBoore)
CB Bianchi
CB Berger
CB CANT REMEBER 4th CB!
SW Jean (17, one for the future)

RSB Doesberg
RSB Demir
LSB Van Hoik (wrong spelling, left back dutch)
LSB CANT REMEMBER MY OTHER FULL BACK
WB Taylor (30 years old now, ancient!)

CM Assiati (this guy is amazing)
CM Bradley

OMF Ireland (part exchanged for Messi but listed)

SMF Marchand
SMF Shaw (very young, for the future)
SMF Koeman
SMF ???? (another)

WG Walcott (the only Arsenal player at Arsenal)
WG Griffith (great player, use him mainly at CF)
WG ????? (bought another Walcott like but plays on the left)

CF Okaka (brilliant and only 22 after all these seasons)
CF Orellano (again young, not first choice but will be soon)
CF Park (as everyone seems to be using, amazing player)
CF Torres (brilliant, and now 28!)
CF CANT BLOODY REMEMBER
CF (Young 17 year old, only play him in cup matches at the mo)

And as mentioned CF Messi joining.

Will try and fill in the gaps when poss :)

Forgot to add, the good players such as Torres I purchased through part exchange. I remember at least two of my old strikers i traded: Vaughn CF and Gfi CF. Both good to build up and then use as a bargaining tool.

I am in the transferperiod and was looking for some new players.
When you see a expensive player it is mostly arround the 2000 'points'..

Now I've seen a player that costs 5000 'point' and he isn't good at the moment, did u ever seen such a expensive player?
He is a DMF from Ireland, I haven't got his name, cause it is in Chinese..

EDIT:

I had added this expensive player to my list, but soon his price was going down to '850' points, a couple of days later I could buy him for '2' points, it must be a bug....

Last edited:
hi fellow WE freaks - anyone has a link to the full player roster or database of Winning Eleven 10 pls? Beats having to search the players manually .. pls help if u know.

thanks mates !

Can anyone here tell me what the weather effect is like in the ML?

Does the weather change in different matches (i.e. snow & rain) or is it like PES5 ML?

Back
Top Bottom