WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for youtube video of someone strapping there PES 2008 to firework.

Cheaper alternative i guess could throw it on bonfire afterall you wont miss much.

Been away for few days, can anyone tell me anything about this patch. is it for ps3 or just pc?

Last edited:
Badgerman is the biggest moron of the lot, not just because of his pretentious and "quirky" posting style (*cough* ass-hole *cough*) but because he knows the majority of arguments levelled against the game are valid yet still seems to harbour a grudge against anyone who dares to complain about it, apparently it's a bandwagon despite the poll on WENB lending towards very much the opposite, the reality is most people believe, bar the odd framerate issue, that this game is the best thing since sliced bread which is an absolute fallacy. As Winston pointed out, the cruel irony of the whole ordeal is that the magazines rightly giving the game poor ratings are doing so for all the wrong reasons.

Nice to see people enjoying PES2008...

...But still disappointed with the game...too arcadish, still fun but really no realism in it (I mean on Next Gen because still the best game on PS2 and PC).

I mean I paid 500€ a PS3 to get a real Evolution. FIFA08 made it...not perfectly but the realism is there and also the atmosphere.
PES2008 is different from PES6 in the (tweaked) gameplay but I still beat my friends with my good old skills and formations...I'm really waiting for next year battle between these two games because I don't think Seabass will let EA take a better way than him.

But please everybody, before critisising FIFA or PES by "fanboyism"...please try both and play the game that is the closest to your style...I mean I have a friend who still prefer PES2008 this year because of its "unchange"...and I'm looking for more and more realism.

I play football games since the 80's and always prefered PES since ISS on super nintendo...when it came out it was a "REVOLUTION" after FIFA on megadrive, then ISS on PSone and PES3 on PS2 were "REVOLUTIONS" because of the 3D while FIFA was playing the card of "graphics and atmosphere"...this year for me FIFA made the "REVOLUTION" and PES just a better suite.

I think that young people here are born on the 90s and never felt what I'm saying so maybe they're just looking for the best PES...

I love this thread it's like watching Breakfast Club, we have the Brains, the Jocks, the Rebels and the Recluses. All sniping and bitching, all in their little groups of choice, and just when it's all about to kick off,
Kezz comes in like Paul Gleason.... And does the "next time I come in here, I'm cracking skulls" speech.. :lmao:

I love this thread it's like watching Breakfast Club, we have the Brains, the Jocks, the Rebels and the Recluses. All sniping and bitching, all in their little groups of choice, and just when it's all about to kick off,
Kezz comes in like Paul Gleason.... And does the "next time I come in here, I'm cracking skulls" speech.. :lmao:

Ha ha, nice one.

This thread has been one hell of an emotional rollercoaster ride.

:)

Or perhaps it's just a poor gameplay model....

Please explain precisely how PES2008 is "a hell of a lot different from PES6"? Now is your chance to explain, in your own time and words, your farfetched and disingenuous claim.

It is vastly different in many ways, but the things that spring to mind first and foremost are the improved defenders (if you have been bothered to adjust them in the formations screen), the lack of cutback goal opportunities, the keepers fantastic saves from shots outside the box, the fact that you can switch the play from wing to wing (if you have a man in space and if you can master the manual long pass), the AI of the rest of your team when attacking i.e they make some fantastic runs and move into space.

I also love the fact that if you can't seem to penetrate your opponents defence you almost always have to 'start again' and pass the ball back to your midfielders/defenders to try and build up the play again.

Also, the so called superplayers i.e Adriano, Zlatan, Ronaldinho and the rest are not quite as 'superior' as they were in PES6. Adriano could score from any angle and from standing still at any time he wished in PES6. Not so anymore.

:salute:

One of my all time favourite movies, takes some doing to reference it in a PES thread :)

I leave this topic for a while. Nothing sensible to read at the moment and there are no new developement concerning patches.
No need anymore to read the constant flood of annyoing posts. :roll:
Be back when the patch is there :)

Probably the most accurate and correct post on here in months:applause:

SNAP!! I'm off

Also, the so called superplayers i.e Adriano, Zlatan, Ronaldinho and the rest are not quite as 'superior' as they were in PES6. Adriano could score from any angle and from standing still at any time he wished in PES6. Not so anymore.

I find that comment odd. Im not having a go or anything, but wasnt the main complaint from most reviews how powerfull and too good players like ronaldo are?! You can just dribble your way from one end of the field to the other. Eurogamer even stated that these players are also your best defenders as they are strong and fast meaning the game turns into dribblingfests with the top players. It maybe the case that players like adriano dont have the shooting capacity anymore, but if they have only been replaced with the likes of ronaldo down the wing I dont see how thats improving the game.

Just curios, as you hear so totally different views all the time.

I find that comment odd. Im not having a go or anything, but wasnt the main complaint from most reviews how powerfull and too good players like ronaldo are?! You can just dribble your way from one end of the field to the other. Eurogamer even stated that these players are also your best defenders as they are strong and fast meaning the game turns into dribblingfests with the top players. It maybe the case that players like adriano dont have the shooting capacity anymore, but if they have only been replaced with the likes of ronaldo down the wing I dont see how thats improving the game.

Just curios, as you hear so totally different views all the time.

I just find that the defending is much better and this in many ways cancels out the superhuman powers of these dribblers. You really need to wait and bide your time before committing yourself to a tackle against players like this and this is exactly like it is in real life. Also, the need to hack them down is sometimes a necessary evil to stop these players getting forward. Which again is very realistic. I have watched countless La Liga games and seen Ronaldinho take the piss out of defenders to the extent that they have no choice but to put in a hard tackle and face the consequences.

If you see a lot of Liga games and specially ronaldinho, you must then see another dimension. It's 6 months since he did his last dribbling. (until yesterday). I'm a barcelona fan watching him every weekend at the stadium, and believe me, Fifa 08 gets a more real approach to "superstars". A lot of the best players do only one or two shinning plays in a match. In pes 2008, you can do them all the time, and that's utterly wrong.

The cause of it all is an old engine (they did a new graphics engine with the power to look almost as the last one, but the GAME engine is the same). I played a whole afternoon with my friends and you can do what you want with big stars, utterly disapointed with the game (i didn't buy it, a friend did and wants to sell it). It could be a good game only playing the worst teams in the game and reducing the speed, improving goalkeepers and changing some animations. But as it is... don't play the "realism" card, please, it's just ridiculous. You can like it as it is, no problem, but don't say it's realistic because it's obviously not.

Shame you cant choose your kits when you play a league, they are all pre determined. So you get stupid things happening like Barca at home in their light blue kit or two teams both playing in their away kit!

If konami had bothered to re implement the kit choosing screen before matches and the shorts and socks changer wed be laughing. But of course thats just too sensible isnt it?

It is vastly different in many ways, but the things that spring to mind first and foremost are the improved defenders (if you have been bothered to adjust them in the formations screen), the lack of cutback goal opportunities, the keepers fantastic saves from shots outside the box, the fact that you can switch the play from wing to wing (if you have a man in space and if you can master the manual long pass), the AI of the rest of your team when attacking i.e they make some fantastic runs and move into space.

I also love the fact that if you can't seem to penetrate your opponents defence you almost always have to 'start again' and pass the ball back to your midfielders/defenders to try and build up the play again.

I was laughing all the way through this, I was about to applaud you for some very high-brow satire but then it dawned on me you are actually being serious.

Every point you make there is hideously and inexplicably inaccurate.

I was laughing all the way through this, I was about to applaud you for some very high-brow satire but then it dawned on me you are actually being serious.

Every point you make there is hideously and inexplicably inaccurate.

Have you actually played the PS3 version? Have you given the game time or even tried to get to grips with it? I cannot believe that you have even played the game when you make comments like that.

Whilst I disagree with much of what you say, I will give you credit for actually putting forward some meaningful comments about why you like the game.

i played the pc version today and i quite enjoyed it, so im not sure what some people are on about, its not that bad, but im geting the 360 version so ill get back to u on that, but overall i liked it

Shame you cant choose your kits when you play a league, they are all pre determined. So you get stupid things happening like Barca at home in their light blue kit or two teams both playing in their away kit!

If konami had bothered to re implement the kit choosing screen before matches and the shorts and socks changer wed be laughing. But of course thats just too sensible isnt it?

I have always said about Seabass "He gives and He takes"

Seems he has just plain robbed us and gave us little o nothing to feed upon

Whilst I disagree with much of what you say, I will give you credit for actually putting forward some meaningful comments about why you like the game.

Thank you Winston. Of course we are all going to disagree and that I can accept but saying that someones commments are "hideously and inexplicably inaccurate" is just plain rude.

I enjoy the game immensely and I make no attempt to hide that fact. I also think it is the best recreation of football available at the moment and a great attempt to cram the happenings of 90+ mintutes into a 10 minute game.

I have to add that I don't play using Widecam at all (as I think the game looks hideous in that view) and closer up the animations are very good, even the running isn't that bad most of the time in this view.

I cant wait in three years when everyone agrees that PES2008 was a pile of shit just like we all say PES and PES2 was a pile of shit on the PS2.

Well why wait announce the game as being shit now and with our help it will be the easiest game for Seabass to add improvements too (if he ever listened to his european fans).

I thought PES2 was great at the time.
I like PES2008 at present, but in a few years it will seem terrible compared to newer versions.
Can't you get your head around the fact that some people actually enjoy PES2008?

i wonder how they will going to do to patch the game in PS3, the slpm doesnt always run off BR?? even if the game is installed in HD, it has the data files only...

Not true if a game is good even in a series it lasts the test of time.
WE7INT japan for example

I liked PES2, even though I agree it's shit now.
I like PES2008 right now, in a few years I'll hate it or love it, who knows?
It's possible to like something that may not seem so great at a later date.

Right now I like PES2008, jeez.

defence is a work of art as previously had posted. offence had always been perfect.The thing is you cannot master pes in a month or 2 unlike FIFA of course.There is nothing wrong with pes gameplay never was(except pes2, just the eur version)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom