WE9 - Master League Thread

Wow first time that there is no more evolution in the master league since the creation of that :(
If think this time they concentrate more on "way to worldcup 2006 japan team"
So maybe we can hope for PES5 to not have the "way to worldcup 2006 japan team" but a better master league.

Some say it's a good ML .. while others say it is not :-s
and for the growth thing .. is it real that it has the option to change the growth ?

i think that ML is good as it is
we(or at least I) got used to that system, so it's not going to be hard to master it again
and I think that is better konami leaving the ML as it is than destroying it with some weird options that woulld ruin the ML gameplay

i dunno if you have noticed, but in the screen where there are the teams you have to select for editing the players, at the very end of this screen, there is a "O" box (for other players)

in this section, there are 3 others boxes :

- normal created players : you can creat a lot of them (7 pages) but cannot register them in a club
- special created players : you can creat only a few of them (1 page only), but you can register them in a club, then there are available in the ML in their actual club and stats
- japaneses players

I hope it's clear, I'm not a native english speaker you know...

Pakigol said:
i dunno if you have noticed, but in the screen where there are the teams you have to select for editing the players, at the very end of this screen, there is a "O" box (for other players)

in this section, there are 3 others boxes :

- normal created players : you can creat a lot of them (7 pages) but cannot register them in a club
- special created players : you can creat only a few of them (1 page only), but you can register them in a club, then there are available in the ML in their actual club and stats
- japaneses players

I hope it's clear, I'm not a native english speaker you know...
Don't worry about your English man. It's your sense of tryin to help others that counts and I can respect.

So thanks for the info.

take care

First of all, I loved this new game. I like the new animations, the pace of the gameplay, etc... But the important thing to me is always how the master league plays and something that it's been largely debated: the abusive cheats that kill the fun.

After being the last 3 days playing the master league, I can only state my absolute irritation and fustration towards Seabass (spelling?). I think WE9 is the best in the series but, as always, that's true only if you play against some mates or you do friendly matches. Once you begin to play the master league, the game CHANGES as usual in order to BALANCE the experience.

Well, I can only say I hate that very very much. It's stupid to play with ronaldinho and being absolutely unable to outrun ANY player. Or to miss critical chances that you can assure you aimed to a corner and went straight to the keeper and you keep asking why. Or to be unable to steal the ball to a belgium player even if you bring Materazzi and Cordoba there to pressure. The referee also does his part... all that things that veterans in the serie hate and kill the fun of it.

So now playing master league it's boring. Even in a new installment like that, you get bored quickly of the unresponsiveness of your players (no matter your statistics) or how they can't resist 3 straight matches due to accumulated fatigue (my team seems to be amateur, not professional, as I just have to change the entire starting eleven every 2 or 3 matches because of fatigue....I'm playing with barcelona)

Well, all in all, a fantastic experience in 1 vs 1 player, really amazing, but the SAME FUSTRATING AND BORING master league. They always kill the fun. I won't bother buyng pes5 because of that, of course.

Expecting your comments about this rant, though it's the old same discussion.

Fanboys trying to justify the game comparing it to reality and so: please try to take ronaldinho 10 meters ahead of the defenders in the half line and try to succeed on arriving to the area. Then put the worst Saudi Arabian striker in the same position and with a defender try to chase him down before he scores. He he. Just ridiculous.

Other than multiplayer, I've always preferred to play ML matches rather than exhibition ones. I suppose I like to play with a motive whether it be training up a youngster or trying to win the cup. I don't actually notice the difference much or the AI cheating but I don't have grief with that. It's just when it'so damn easy :p

Started masterleague and to be honest, i sort of regret using 6*'s because its so different from WE8. Yes, it's a good thing that AI's are now MUCH smarter and better as a team but there are lots of bugs and unusual things that happen.

I started using Barcelona and I couldn't manage to win much but tie. There are 2 bugs I found in this game that really is annoying.

1. I don't know how to explain it by words but sometimes when the CPU passes a long cross and you manage to select ANOTHER player ( your team ) to move and get the ball, ( and the CPU cannot reach the ball ) you are unable to get the ball NO MATTER what you do. ( So imagine the ball is in front of you, but it WILL NOT let you get it no matter what, the CPU will come and get the ball then the game continues ) now, thats really fucked up.

2. The games are seriously biased. ( That is not ALL the games, but some games.. so-called "Destined by the CPU" ) lol.. no matter how weak the team is, you will not be able to SCORE no matter what and at the END of losstime, the CPU randomly crosses the ball and the opponent will do whatever to score you.
now, that was what happened before in WE8 and thats fine. But what annoys me is when I tried to repeat this 4 times ( because i was testing out the same match ) you still lose. ( I will not be able to WIN, but you can tie. I was pretty pissed off, and also wanted to try, so I kept on passing the ball in the back )

anyways, the game IS fun.. but these are really annoying

*** new update *** i have found out that in ML, you tend to see players go fatigue a lot after one game ( thats very different from WE8, cuz players don't go that tired ) but in WE9, after 1 game you can go to the "training" mode and you select the first one ( there are 2 to choose from, the first one is to recover what players, and the second one is the normal field training (free ))

have fun

well actually, i dunno how it works.. it doesnt recover a lot though, probably 1 mm lol.. anyways, the main objective from that is that the condition changes, ( eg, White arrow to Red arrow )

I usually hate ML and only start on for the sole purpose of training, usually when a good op file or patch is around with transfers and stats.

I don't even have to ask you guys to guess the reply to my one and only question: Did Konami move ML a step forward making it multiplayer, thus a nice experience of continuity to play with your usual WE pals? Don't even bother awnsering, I know the awnser to this question in quite the same way I knew the awnser over and over, year after year before Konami decided that "maybe a custom home and away league is something expectable in this game".

Konami and Seabass excell in some areas but in others... for goodness sake are they stupid. Loosing developting time in "dribble challenge" features, roads to WC, etc instead of, for instance, making ML a multiplayer mode is beyond my understanding.

I liked the Master League in PES4, but i had a major disapointment in this one! I usually create a Original team, and in PES4 you could sell 3 players and use they money of those 3 players, to buy some players you wanted for your team. But now, you can discharge all the players in your team, and make a superstar team, in the beggining of your Master League, that's just not fun. I had lots os fun in PES4 by buying some average players with the money i gained by selling the 3 players, and then start gaining money to buy more players, Konami ruined this...

Yeh, ML seems much tougher than the previous version of WE8LE. But that's if you play with a newly created team and without major signings. And, anyway, I've already played a whole season (i only won 3 games and finished 5th, though still managed to get the Cup) and am starting to feel much improvement on my game. I've won all 4 matches so far this 2nd season, and (which is more important) I feel comfortable enough with the "dynamics" of the game. My team creates more goal chances.

So, yes, AI cheats to balance the game... but only if you allow it to. I guess we all need to adapt to the new game. I prefer that rather than winning everything right from the start. :P

StewieGriffin said:
I liked the Master League in PES4, but i had a major disapointment in this one! I usually create a Original team, and in PES4 you could sell 3 players and use they money of those 3 players, to buy some players you wanted for your team. But now, you can discharge all the players in your team, and make a superstar team, in the beggining of your Master League, that's just not fun. I had lots os fun in PES4 by buying some average players with the money i gained by selling the 3 players, and then start gaining money to buy more players, Konami ruined this...

i took 3 players out of my team, used a calculator to know how much points i got, and bought 3 players with that money(without passing the limited money that i got by selling my players)

Back
Top Bottom