Widescreen support for PES/WE PC - now for PES6 too

nelo said:
Maybe I'm an idiot but I can't get it working the players are as short and fat as they have always been :(

questions:

1. To I have to unzip the files to a specific location? such as the install directory for PES 6?

2. Is there some other application I need installed?

3. I can open up loadcfg.exe opens up fine but when I launch setup.exe it does not display the path for the game executable, current state says "information unavailable" and it doesn't allow me to click the install or remove buttons?

What am I doing wrong lads, my players all resemble Wilfred Bouma?

Nevermind I unzipped the files again and it worked great, must have messed up the unzipping first time out.

juce said:
when you installed the new OF, did you also replace your PES6.exe? If so, then your might be using a no-dvd exe. Make sure you get the latest kitserver 6 - version 6.0.1, which works for both the original exe and the no-dvd version. (6.0.0 - only worked for original exe). Judging by the error message text, that's what you have: a no-dvd exe and a kitserver 6.0.0, which is incompatible with that exe.

So, here's what you can try:
1. Get kitserver 6.0.1:
http://www.speedyshare.com/259647236.html
or http://rapidshare.com/files/977298/...er-601.zip.html
2. Run setup.exe, it should say that kitserver is not installed on your PES6.exe, so click "Install".

Cheers Juce. I got it working again earlier on. I removed Kitserver 6.0 and got the 6.0.1 version, installed it and it is looking superb with the aspect ratio etc.., making a massive difference 8)

Thanks again :applause:

mmmm I still have the default kits.......
lod mixer is v6.0.0 and kit server is v6.0.1

also I am planning to buy a widescreen pc monitor but b4 I do I want to make sure that I def know I can get ur widescreen "fix" to work....is there a way I can find out on the monitor I have now?
I have enabled lod mixer etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I am playing on my Sony Bravia 40" lcd but I am not 100% sure if I have widescreen?
The whole of the TYV is covered with no borders and res is 1360x768...how do I def know it it's widescreen.......

I have widescreen!
Thanks Juce :)

But not full crowd???
Odd and :(

also what is the kitserver box for?

Well just extracted the kitserver folder to the game directory, ran the setup.exe, selected the pes6.exe file said that it had added the file, loaded up the game, but it didnt look any different than before, when running in 1920x1200. Am i surposed to do anything else?

Just a note to say thanks for the efforts from the man who can! Nice one.

A couple of v. small issues...

1) I'm viewing in 1360 x 768, which is displaying full screen widescreen & no stretching, but the actual underlying resolution isn't 1360x768, it looks to be a little bit lower than that, is this a limitation of the patch?

2) The patch has introduced a small artifact, looks a bit like a v-sync tearing line, but it isn't. It's not nearly as bad as that tbh, it looks like a small brightness change halfway up the screen (viewing in wide camera). In fact I'm sure I used to see the same thing on goal replays pre-patch but not actually in the game. No biggie, just wondered if anyone else knew what I was bleating on about or if there's an easy fix.

Thanks again for the good work :)

PMF

pabeu said:
Does someone know how to run this on a second monitor?... my hdtv is on it and my 7600gs has only one dvi output (second monitor only).
Thanx.

Unfortunately only a few games let you choose to run fullscreen on the secondary moniter ( I find it annoying for my HDTV too). I have an ATI card which lets you flip monitor order while keeping individual settings. Then set the res in the Game Settings which will now give you the options for your HDTV resolutions.

Someday all games will have the same sort of setup as TOCA3 and GTR2 (I'm sure there's a few more out there) these let you choose secondary display in their settings.

thnx juce that's a great tweak indeed, can't wait to get it going on the hdtv

time to forget all about poor 360 version....now we have WE10 port to the PC with PES6 in widescreen + correct FOV :)

Bombdogs said:

1) I'm viewing in 1360 x 768, which is displaying full screen widescreen & no stretching, but the actual underlying resolution isn't 1360x768, it looks to be a little bit lower than that, is this a limitation of the patch?

2) The patch has introduced a small artifact, looks a bit like a v-sync tearing line, but it isn't. It's not nearly as bad as that tbh, it looks like a small brightness change halfway up the screen (viewing in wide camera). In fact I'm sure I used to see the same thing on goal replays pre-patch but not actually in the game. No biggie, just wondered if anyone else knew what I was bleating on about or if there's an easy fix.

Thanks again for the good work :)

PMF
Hi, same little problem here (I am at 1360*768 ) on an LCD widescreen monitor. Refresh is @60hz and I see same v-sync problem. Is releted to the game or due to LCD refresh that cause v-sycn loss?

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't if you're really aware of GENUINE aspect ratio, but I can tell you one thing. It is better with the new kitserver BUT players now seem to be stretched so that they seem taller than they should be.

This can be testified on shooting free kicks. The horizontal screen AR is "crushed" whereas the vertical one is stretched. Look carefully, you will see I'm right.

Anyway this is far better indeed, but not quite right yet.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm playing at 1280x768 or 1280x800. My LCD screen is a 15"4 16:10.

Bombdogs, Deep,
yes, i think you're right - it doesn't always look correct... The annoying part is that it appears to work correctly at one point and then a little bit stretched at another point in time. I'll try to fix that.

Thx Juce.

I can see people here know what they are talking about ;-).

Keep us up-to-date with that.

Hi Juce and thanks for your great work.
I can't have the widescreen correction stuff working on my Plasma HDTV, whom resolution is 1360x768.
In the settings.exe of PES6 I do not have this resolution available (in fact I do not have any 16/9 resolution available at all) so I expected your kitserver would solve that.
The fact is that the resolution my game is displayed is the one told by the value in the settings.exe file (I tried using a windowed mode or a fullscreen mode, it's the same), whatever the value I write down in the kload.cfg file.
I tried to input a resolution that my plasma cannot display ( 2048*1536) in the kload.cfg file, and the value in the settings are set to 1280*1024 (both mode). I uninstalled/installed the setup.exe after having checked the box enable widescreen in the lodcfg.exe and the game was displayed ... so the resolution was obviously 1280*1024.

I use kitserver 601 and lodmixer seems to work as for LOD values ...

Can you tell me what did I do wrong ?
Thank you so much for your help

Juce.

I downloaded the file and i (think i) removed the other lod mixer that i used for pes5 properly.

But now i cannot seem to enter the pes6 exe in the kitserver setup.
I am able to configure the lod and select widescreen but without installing the pes6 exe it won't work.

Could you help me out?

Have you put the kitserver folder in the pes6 folder. The folder which the .exe is in?

If that's not the problem i don't know what is :-)

LOL

I extracted the LOD and kitserver to a separate folder and then i accidentally copied it to my pes5 folder. I am such an idiot.

Anyway i got it to work with my normal pesexe file and my nocd (crack) pesexe file. Even my stuttering and V-sync/tearing problems have vanished after messing around a bit with my nvidia settings. I found 1280x768 results in the most fluent gameplay on my pc at the moment.

The players no longer look squashed but i am not sure if i am actually seeing more of the pitch. It looks a lot better though!

I have one more question. Does anyone know how to open the loadcfg file? I can open it with hexedit but i doubt if that is the correct program to use. And if it is I wouldn't know what to do :-)

On the desktop picture you have loadcfg open, with the different lod settings. It should open itself as its an .exe (no you shouldn't need hexedit).
Or do you mean the one of the .dll files?

this is an absolutely awesome mod. and a long time coming.

thanks for sharing this with the community. i have waited for widescreen PES/WE for years!!

how do you get this to work? ive put the kitserver folder in my pes6 folder, loaded the pes6.exe into setup.exe, opened loadcfg.exe and clicked save. but there are no more resolutions added to the game. have i done something wrong?

you need to open kload using notepad or simple text editor. Next remove the # next to the resolutions and insert your own. Note these will not be shown in game or in the pes6 settings programs, they will just overide these resolutions.
Make sure you tick the box in loadcfg to correct aspect ratio if wou intend to use widescreen.

for those who was asking if its possible to play it @ second monitor, etc.
you can try with a program called " Ultramon "a very nice small tool which has the best monitor setu when concerin tv out n stuff. i play mine on TV with full screen, while browing the web o this CRT screen.
and u call choose more RES. that u can with a normal desktop resolution changiong,

anyways, i installed this widescreen support on me laptop ,
since i have a HP dual core 1.6 ghz, 2 gb ram, nvidia go7600 with 256 ram.
and 17 " widescreen

i edited the cfg file, and instered my desktop reds. 1440 x 880.
and i fixed aspect ration ect etc.
it seems to be in widescreen i think but the game ahs slowed down, like the laptop cant pull so much player on 1 screen at the same time.
can this be true?
or maybe i did something wrong.

Sonic

Bombdogs said:

Thanks again for the good work

PMF

jlp343 said:
Hi, same little problem here (I am at 1360*768 ) on an LCD widescreen monitor. Refresh is @60hz and I see same v-sync problem. Is releted to the game or due to LCD refresh that cause v-sycn loss?

I had the same issue, I just set AF, or AA, I forget exactly, whichever one can be set to 16x, set it to 16x, it solved the problem fine for me...I kept V sync on as well, hope this helps 8)

"The fact is that the resolution my game is displayed is the one told by the value in the settings.exe file I tried to input a resolution that my plasma cannot display ( 2048*1536) in the kload.cfg file, and the value in the settings are set to 1280*1024 (both mode). I uninstalled/installed the setup.exe after having checked the box enable widescreen in the lodcfg.exe and the game was displayed ... so the resolution was obviously 1280*1024."

>>> I am having this same exact problem. No matter what I edit into the config file, the resolution is being controlled by the settings .exe file. The only resolution that can be properly displayed on my HDTV is 640x480. I've done LOD and SETUP and made sure it was installed, I've tried numerous things because at one point I did have the game running at 1900x1080 in windowed but once I switched to FULL SCREEN i could not get it back. ANY HELP???

***I've just read that removing # from the beginning of the custom resolution lines in the config file enables the option. I'm not sure if that was my issue because I reinstalled recently, but just for heads up.

Back
Top Bottom