Winning Eleven 2009 - info?

90% probably you could change WE2008 to English so I`m guessin the same for WE2009. They take the English language from PES2009 I guess.

Will have the game Thursday morning Japanese time. Can 100% confirm for you then. I`m sure someone will have played the game early and can tell you before me though.

ah thanks my man!:)

appreciate your help bro..

Can you let us know about any differences in the game?

im 'hoping' it will be speeded up

PEACE!

just bought the game this morning, try to play one game at the store, in text menu and commentary CAN be change to English or Japanesse ;)

all menu are the same with PES, but the gameplay is better, more to follow....

Saw the game on the shelves in HK today...considering it at the moment. English is definitely on it.
'Anfield' i'm waiting for your impressions. =D

So Winning Eleven 2009 is out tomorrow anyone else really excited besides me? Will post if I can feel any difference between the PES2009 demo that I have played and WE2009. I am also wondering if the patch that is used for PES2009 will be available straight away transfers etc when I turn on my PS3 as well as possible online difference.

From yesterday in our japanese thread of WE2009,
I can hear that many people already get it and enjoy a game.

Online server work fine , there are 20~40 players on this server now.

But I don't buy PS3 WE2009, because I am playing PC PES2009.

Bought the game today on PS3.
I don't feel its that much different to the demo of PES 2009 though i think it plays a little faster.

I didn't get any messages telling me to update when i turned on the PS3 so maybe the update was already implemented into the game.I think all the teams are updated though.

As for the online...well i only played one match and i don't know how it was for my opponent but it was really bad for me. Everytime my player is dribbling with the ball, the ball would suddenly slide out of my feet! And sometimes the players still jump from one place to another. I'm not sure if my opponent had the same problem cos in the end i lost 5-0.

just bought the game this morning, try to play one game at the store, in text menu and commentary CAN be change to English or Japanesse ;)

all menu are the same with PES, but the gameplay is better, more to follow....

WEEEHEEEEEEEY!:D

English text with the AMAZING jap comentary :BOP:

Any1 know how good/animated the comentators are???:LOL:

And if the game IS faster thats even better news coz PES2009 is a tad too slow for me!:YAWN:

Well done Japz! :APPLAUD:

Now lets get an option file etc done ASAP ;)

Last edited:
Only played 1 game so far and messed around in edit mode cus had to go to work but Winning Elven 2009 definitely feels faster than PES2009. The patch seems to have already been put in and possibly there are some extra boots that were not in PES2009 will post more when I have played more.

WE >< PES 2009 (PS3) :

Running and driblling now more realistic than in PES, no more ice skating on the pitch.

Passing - i'm not sure, maybe slightly better

Shooting - Better, i like it more than PES

i can't comment about online though, since my PS3 is yet connected to internet.

bugs : from PES is still there, after corner / free kick your player freeze for 4-5 seconds, this is annoying

in summary : fine with me ;D

Last edited:
Played a few more games now and as above I believe it feels better than PES2009 and feels a lot more balanced and smoother when passing etc. For me it feels like old school Winning Eleven which is good. Not had chance to play the Become A Legend mode although I played J.League WE 2007 CC Become A Legend mode quite a bit, and while I felt it was satisfying I felt it lacked incentive for me to hammer it ala Master league, and from what I have heard the same can be perhaps said for Become A Legend mode on Winning Eleven 2009 and PES2009. As stated before the Champions League mode is a good addition but may wear thin perhaps. I have only had one game online and there was only one time when a player warped 2008 as we know was sometimes shocking. I was playing against a Japanese person in Japan, so maybe the reason it was playable was because Internet speeds here are a lot faster or there code is slightly more stable than the PES2009 vers not sure.

Anyways I think it`s good I don`t own PES2009 so can`t compare too much, just to the demo of PES2009 but Winning Eleven definitely feels better and yes you can change it to English if you want.

Not seen any options files yet I`m hopin someone can recommend one eventually too.

Could anyone try the Xbox 360 Kit edit mode screen?

Just look YouTube - PES2009 Edit

It was EU Xbox 360 PES2009's edit mode, it seem it could work out a gd looking kit; but from the message of my friend, he said it couldn't be worked for the JAP version, the working space was below the emblem (even take a photo or draw it yourself too), so please anyone help?

Last edited:
WE2009 options file
f_1004430m_0b9836d.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmtzngy4y0m/greyfox

credit to greyfox

Are Famitsu biased in any way?

biased? not sure but 2009 is such a big improvment over 2008, i think anyway. i wonder what score did famitsu give to 2008 back then? If they gave it a high score then their probably are biased. lol

Back
Top Bottom