Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (DS, PC, PS2, PSP, X360)

NickSCFC said:
What I mean is EA are trying to claim they've invented something that's been there for years!

PS, anyone seen the DS screens :lol:
Who has 360 degree movement in a sport game!? :roll:
EA will do it. Will KONAMI also... ?
Let's hope they do impress us.

info060510.jpg

They mention it on the official website :
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/we

I think the ball in the screenshot is way too big.
Just compare it with real screens:
Adriano__Inter_184484a.jpg

adriano_inter_duze.jpg

Maybe the ball is closer to the camera?

Another clue to it not being rendered...look at Terry's back in the first hi-res pic - the numbers are floating on top of the player model just like ingame normally ;)

But I do think it is pimped up a bit though

Of course it's in-game (very good for me)
look the CG of WE9 or WE10, it's for Next next Gen ^^

and about the wax effect, don't forget it's just a pict but in move i'm sure look amazing.

ClassicD said:
You've got to be joking?

It's night and day, it doesn't matter how good your PC is there's clearly far more polygons and detailed textures being used in those pics. If those are the in-game graphics, and Konami usually show screens from a new WE/PES with in-game graphics, then that'll do me.

Strange name tho, 'Winning Eleven:Pro Evolution Soccer 2007'.:shock:

Don't kid yourself It might look a little bit better than pes5 on pc but pes5 has been around since 2005. I'd expect more from true next gen graphics on ps3 for a game that is not even scheduled for a januari 2007 release. Also, I play on wide so i need a lot of detail in order for it look stunning. Then again, if Konami manages to create much more fluent animations i would settle for these graphics. Fluent animations and better collission detection to me is more important than the amount of polygons.

I've played PES5 with full details turned on and at 1280x960, and trust me, it's nowhere near as good as these. And look at the self-shadowing, level of depths. It's next-gen alright. But I agree, it can still look better.

Those screens will not be ingame screens Konami always show there CG renders first.
Just compare them to the Fifa screen shots the ones that compare arent in game shots.

man these look great!

Looks nothing like PES5 on PC mate, huge difference. I play PES5 on a high spec PC with LOD on max (well used to before WE10 ;) ) and its a massive difference.

This is a fantastic scoop for Xbox 360 to have it on their machine first. I need to know what the release date means though. Is it US, Europe or Japanese launch date?

btw, any chance of updating the first post embrace?

I do not think this is in-game.

I guess Europe/USA is getting really screwed this time. You guys are getting a port of WE10 9 months after the original realease.

I hope this means a fresh start for KONAMI. Jan 2007 - beginning of next-gen, new name, etc.

PS - the game is also listed for PS3 on the very same page.

Last edited:
The screens are amazing... AMAZING.

But a bit inferior when compared to FIFA WC 06 screens on Xbox360.

But somehow they look more realistic than FIFA's extra-polished graphics.

In Fifa next-gen, The Players are too shiny, and the light is too strong and too cinematic. But on TV cam all-in-all looks GREAT.

So yes its next-gen, but rather inferior to EA's next gen quality.

hopefully Seabass will improve them DS graphics before the final release date.

it should be looking near enough ISS 64 quality!

funny that 360 will get the first next gen PES/WE game

hmm I might have to buy one just for that reason. I dunno though wait and see

if you look at the tech specs for both 360 and PS3.. 360 is better than PS3 in some areas.. there is no denying that... for example. 360 does indeed look to have the better Graphics Processor. and the PS3 is going to release at least year after the 360.

what is funny is that people believe that x360 will get next-gen WE before PS3.

at this point the x360 release date is January 07 but there is no date for PS3

but for all we know the ps3 version could accompany the worldwide ps3 launch.

I'm just sayin we should all keep that in mind.

Gamespot has both PS3 and X360 WE listed as TBA so you never know.

Last edited:
jumbo said:
what is funny is that people believe that x360 will get next-gen WE before PS3.

at this point the x360 release date is January 07 but there is no date for PS3

but for all we know the ps3 version could accompany the worldwide ps3 launch.

I'm just sayin we should all keep that in mind.

Gamespot has both PS3 and X360 WE listed as TBA so you never know.

What's funnier is how defensive you get anytime the 360 is mentioned. Why do see the need to defend the PS3?

Konami might be working closer with Microsoft than people think

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3blog.ht...ic_id=24605977

You have to understand that at every E3, they publish a newspaper for each day of the show called Show Daily. Kojima Publications, however, delivered a full 58-page mockup of it called Show Maybe, that's chock full of MGS info of all stripe. Metal Gear Solid 4, MGS: Portable Ops, the Digital Graphic Novel, and even some details on the MGS movie.

The thing appears to be chock full of info on the MGS franchise, even including plenty of previews of the ad campaigns for the various games announced today. Intriguingly enough, one of the two-page ads in the magazine is an ad, presumably from Microsoft, with the green circles that represent the Xbox 360 behind the text "Dear Mr. Kojima, Jump In. Xbox 360." A harbinger of game announcements to come? Nothing is confirmed for now, but obviously GameSpot News will have any details on this as they develop.

btw

PS3 Price Announced
$500 with 20GB drive
$600 with 60GB drive

Last edited:
JayD said:
What's funnier is how defensive you get anytime the 360 is mentioned. Why do see the need to defend the PS3?

Yeah, that is funny. I'm just a little bitter because I couldnt get a 360 at launch, you see.
Nothing against 360 owners.

id day the next gen pics are ingame. look at numbers on terry's back in the first pic, they are not completely stuck onto the back. just like the WE games now.

I think the game will come on the Xbox 360 in europe late 2006 then Jan USA.

But they will then release an improved PS3 version maybe Jan but deffinitely in March/April. But being the first releases on Xbox 360 and PS3 they will both be shit Old Gen gameplay with next gen graphics.

Wont be until the next release until we see True next gen EA/Konami games been saying this aswell for two years now.

Why is everybody speculating that the next-gen title will be released before January 2007?
I mean come on, Konami just held a press conference where they themself said it will be released in January 2007...!?! I think it's all a bunch of wishfull thinking. You better be prepared to play PES 6 on your old PS2 in October 2006, knowing that the real deal is release 4 months later. I guess this is as good as it gets.

Oh and by the way, people who are into Xbox 360 bashing, probably don't have one themself. I'm telling you for the last time that Konami WILL NOT make a totally different game just for PS3, forget it, it's not going to happen! After Sony's E3 presentation on monday we actually can confirm that the power of the PS3 is very close to, if not the same as Microsofts Xbox 360. Seabass already stated that the PS3 isn't that easy to program for, where every developer praised the 360 in that department.

And by the way I'm not a big fan of EA's FIFA games, but owning a 360 it's my only footy-option until Konami releases their next-gen game in 8 months. And I have to say that I really hope Konami takes a good look at EA's latest efforts (FIFA WC 06). EA is actually closing the gap (a little bit). Sure they are nowhere near Konami gameplay wise, but oh my god the graphics are stunning! Even the gameplay is improving. It's a good thing (for us gamers) that there is a benchmark for Konami to aim at. Luckely the first next-gen screens look promising.

The one thing that I don't understand is why not one of the thousands of gaming journalists at E3 hasn't been able up to get more info then what they said in the small press release info. Didn't they anounced that Seabass himself would attend this years E3? Heck man, I wan't a vied interview, I demand a small next-gen video preview... now!!!

Last edited:
So PES2007 will be out on PS2, Xbox, PC, PSP and DS in October/November 2006?

And the 360/PS3 versions of PES207 will be out in January 2007?

Graphically it loks like a smooth transition between generations, just like PES1 and PES2.

I expect by PES2009 that Konami will have ditched PS2 and Xbox and release PES2009 on 360/PS3 with a new engine. Just like PES3 was a new engine because PS1 was finally ditched.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom