Clarence Goodson (IK Start)
Chad Marshall (Columbus)
Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan)
Heath Pearce (Dallas)
Jonathan Spector (West Ham).

Midfielders:
DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers)*shocking
Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro)
Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Clint Dempsey (Fulham)
Landon Donovan (Los Angeles)
Maurice Edu (Rangers)
Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus)
Stuart Holden (Bolton)
Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA)
Robbie Rogers (Columbus)
Jose Torres (Pachuca).

Forwards:
Jozy Altidore (Hull)
Edson Buddle (Los Angeles)
Brian Ching (Houston)
Robbie Findley (Salt Lake)
Herculez Gomez (Puebla)
Eddie Johnson (Aris).

Come on all you Yanks. How is the red white and blue going to do? It would be nice to get out of the group stages. I think they have the team to do that. Can't wait to watch them up against England.

Last edited:
They will need to score...Americans can defend and are energetics but they'l need to score goals to win games...who is going to do that? that is the question.

You did well at the Confederation cup, is Adu in the squad? hows he been doing in Greece?

Demerit has been up and down for us this season missing a large part of it with an eye injury.

Seems to play better now for the national team. He has been released by us by the way .

I reckon you will qualify and that game in Rustumberg will be a draw. ;)

No he is actually asking about Freddy Adu but of course he's not on the team lol and shouldn't be.

Maurice Edu though is and should be. :)

Anyway I think US will be alright. Where will goals come from? True, it's not their biggest strength but whatever with players like Dempsey and Donovan in the team, you'll always create some chances. And then between Ching, Buddle, etc. you'll grab maybe one or two more.

501px-US_Soccer_logo.svg.png

GK:

Brad Guzan (Aston Villa)
Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton)
Tim Howard (Everton)

Defnders:
Jay Demerit (Watford)
Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes)
Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA)
Steve Cherundolo (Hannover)
Jay DeMerit (Watford)
Clarence Goodson (IK Start)
Chad Marshall (Columbus)
Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan)
Heath Pearce (Dallas)
Jonathan Spector (West Ham).

Midfielders:
DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers)*shocking
Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro)
Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Clint Dempsey (Fulham)
Landon Donovan (Los Angeles)
Maurice Edu (Rangers)
Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus)
Stuart Holden (Bolton)
Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA)
Robbie Rogers (Columbus)
Jose Torres (Pachuca).

Forwards:
Jozy Altidore (Hull)
Edson Buddle (Los Angeles)
Brian Ching (Houston)
Robbie Findley (Salt Lake)
Herculez Gomez (Puebla)
Eddie Johnson (Aris).

Coach:
Bob Bradley (son is Michael Bradley always selected :P )

Last edited:
oops... How I could I forget imo he`s the best Defender on the team. Reason we beat Spain in the summer due to his brilliance.

oops... How I could I forget imo he`s the best Defender on the team. Reason we beat Spain in the summer due to his brilliance.

We Hornet's were all watching that and cheering him on and wondering how he can contain Villa and Torres like that and then play not so well for us. ;)

Best of luck to him and the US team. He always seems to step it for the national team.

well you learn from club not national team, but hopefully its a matter of time he could carry that what he learn from: fingers crossed KitKat!

Yeah we will struggle to score goals. We always have and always will. Don't really know why that is. Just not much quality up front. I hope Landon doesn't disappear. He tends to do that sometimes in the big matches. It will be an interesting tournament for us. I think we can make it out of the group stage, but that's it. And we'll need some luck to do that.

nothing wrong w/ luck brotha :)) Landon was good at Everton and Dempsey always comes good, but my faith is in Howard.Jozy seems to play better on the national level than club. IMO it`s not about unrealistic task but to improve from last WC . You won`t see Media frenzy... players will get :SHOCK: $$$$ if they win the CUP or reach final.

No he is actually asking about Freddy Adu but of course he's not on the team lol and shouldn't be.

Maurice Edu though is and should be. :)

Anyway I think US will be alright. Where will goals come from? True, it's not their biggest strength but whatever with players like Dempsey and Donovan in the team, you'll always create some chances. And then between Ching, Buddle, etc. you'll grab maybe one or two more.

could not disagree more, adu should be on the squad over some of those jokers taken(kleistan, ching, etc.)

We Hornet's were all watching that and cheering him on and wondering how he can contain Villa and Torres like that and then play not so well for us. ;)

Best of luck to him and the US team. He always seems to step it for the national team.
demerit sucks. i cnat beleive beboq thinks he is the best defender on the squad.. he has zero passing and technique.. gooch, dolo, boca and spector are miles better then him

demerit sucks. i cnat beleive beboq thinks he is the best defender on the squad.. he has zero passing and technique.. gooch, dolo, boca and spector are miles better then him

we can only talk about their last performance in the summer he was impressive. GO US..A!

Awesome!

Coach Bob Bradley was among the first to finalise his selection for this summer's tournament, and the chosen few were given a resounding White House welcome ahead of their final friendly on home soil on May 29.
President Barack Obama, former President Bill Clinton and Vice President Joe Biden were all on hand in Washington D.C. to show their support for the squad, who will be competing in a record sixth consecutive World Cup finals this summer.
"Everybody is going to be rooting for you," said Obama.
Bradley added: "Although sometimes we don't remember here in the United States, this is going to be the biggest world [stage] and you're going to be representing all of us. We are incredibly proud of what you've done already."
"It was an honour for our team to visit the White House "We are proud to be representing our country in South Africa, and there's no greater way to reinforce that message than to hear it from directly from the President of the United States."
England's Group C rivals have already been in action this month, although their opening warm-up match ended in a disappointing 4-2 defeat to the Czech Republic.
They now face Turkey in Philadelphia on Saturday before jetting off to Johannesburg to face Australia in their final pre-tournament workout.

I expect them to be stronger than at the last world cup (they have always been better at tournaments outside the European continent anyway).

nice comeback for americans, i think the first goal for them was great :)

that tackle on arda by his first goal looked horrible..but good nothing happend to him..

dempsey and landon has really step up their gameplay in whole , I`m concern w/ the fullback department very suspect. They both get stuck way on top :CONF: . In fairness we looked better on the day then vs the Czechs` so here is to hope!:))

yeah i agree bebo but i think dolo is solid, arda turan is something special.. i am very excited about the world cup boys!!

We looked better in the 2nd half. I think we need to keep Dempsey out on the wing and not play him up top. He can swtich up to from time to time but not as a permanent spot. Hopefully the boys can gell some more. Especially in the back.

I can see the USA being one of the tournment surprises..

We had some good runs and few surprises :SAL: ,but I think the US squad of `02 were the best. It should of been us to lose to Brasil on the final ;)

C'mon USA....
we need to focus and not take it for granted...
don't build yourself for a fall....

Listening to guys like Alexei Lalas, they sound too over-confident...

Let us do the talking on the pitch.....and shut up for now.
The last thing you want to do is be setup for a bad fall....

This group is NOT easy.....
I don't think any group is easy....this will be a very open world
cup..

Back
Top Bottom