World Cup 2010 - USA Thread

Brilliant performance.....

Howard, Cherundolo, Onyewu and Donovan...stood out.

Sorry for the England GK Green.... I hope the British press do not hound him
for that...

But great result for the USA ....C'MON USA !!

The next game will be tough....Slovenia are not pushovers.
They beat Russia...and will be dangerous...

Hopefully we will be more dominating and get a win...

Onyewu was a BEAST!!

Cherundulo the veteran looked faster and sharper than the likes of Aaron Lennon and SWP!

Great team performance, organization, discipline, stamina, energy.

Obama will be proud. and I heard Joe Biden was in stadium? They didn't show him though....

US did well to defend set pieces which was our weakest element.Now, what does BP and Green have in common ? they both let it slip :SMUG:

Don`t forget to give Demerit credit he did keep Roo quiet like the commentators said a small club in Watford :TTTH:

yeah gooch was pretty damn awesome, so was dolo.. the weakness was clark and demerit. I think bradley is good for stretches then he goes mental and starts making shit passes to the other team. He has all the physical tools and technique but his mental game needs to get better. Ricardo Clark is a poor mans dmid. I thought dempsey was fantastic, landon was great on set peices but avg in the run of play, He needed to show that blinding speed more. If we have davies in this game, usa 2 england 1. I think everyone is underating algeria and slovenia massivley

we will never agree on Dermit he did well to keep Rooney quiet and force Rooney to go deep .I wish you gave credit where its due you`re like a politician :P that wont change their mind. I wish torres came on he`s our best passer and most technical player .I`m not convince Jozy has a good partnership up front. Clark was caught sleeping when gerrard made a good run w/o the ball to create space.Think we did well Lennon and Milner even Cole were not able to do what they normally do to players. If Walcott was on that speed would of done the damage SWP isn`t as fast as I thought.dolo was ready and willing :LOL:

Onyewu is the player definition of a rock. He hasn't played at all this season and pulls up a performance like this. Almost every corner caught his head.

Looking forward to seeing him at Milan next season.

Yeah I heard he said that, very good of him but he was probably scared they'd get rid of him after the season just gone but if he can perform like he did last night on a regular basis Milan could do a lot worse than have him in their squad.

we will never agree on Dermit he did well to keep Rooney quiet and force Rooney to go deep .I wish you gave credit where its due you`re like a politician :P that wont change their mind. I wish torres came on he`s our best passer and most technical player .I`m not convince Jozy has a good partnership up front. Clark was caught sleeping when gerrard made a good run w/o the ball to create space.Think we did well Lennon and Milner even Cole were not able to do what they normally do to players. If Walcott was on that speed would of done the damage SWP isn`t as fast as I thought.dolo was ready and willing :LOL:

maybe i am not giving him enough credit for his defensive abilities but technically he is a nightmare... i wish he had better ball skills and awareness

What a class act when most injured players want a new contract he is willingly to play free. This is purely the treatment he received from the club.It says volumes about the club n player.Arsenal sign him up! what a few season does to a player

gomito#10 said:
maybe i am not giving him enough credit for his defensive abilities but technically he is a nightmare... i wish he had better ball skills and awareness
that just gives`em room to improve gooch is almost a 1.5 of a man so dermit just needs lil` to do eh .5 is required

Last edited:
Great match from the US. We looked good. Just need to find that special striker and we might be able to win some matches. And I agree that Donovan needs to do more. He needs to use that speed and run at players. We just don't have anyone to do that like other teams do. And Findley did well. The one thing I don't like about him is he tends to play with his head down. If he could pick is head up, he have a bunch of opportunities to pick other players out. But like I said, we played well. We just need to beat Slovenia and Algeria. Hopefully being the favorite won't hurt us.

I personally thought Donovan was good. Sure, he could be better though and I also thought Findley did have his head up and held the ball up quite well despite his size. He didn't look out of place or anything and looks like a good addition to the US squad. And this was his first big game. I think he'll get better and then really hurt teams with that blistering pace.

It's true that a deadlier striker would make a big difference for US though. If that was Giuseppe Rossi let's say up front instead of Altidore, US could've won the game against England and would be an outside contender.

But Jozy is getting better hopefully with age anyway and soon enough U.S. will hopefully produce one true world-class striker.

I hope that the national team of the USA can beat Slovenia and Algeria, because at them an excellent team and especially the goalkeeper who in a match with England played excellently.

I personally thought Donovan was good. Sure, he could be better though and I also thought Findley did have his head up and held the ball up quite well despite his size. He didn't look out of place or anything and looks like a good addition to the US squad. And this was his first big game. I think he'll get better and then really hurt teams with that blistering pace.

It's true that a deadlier striker would make a big difference for US though. If that was Giuseppe Rossi let's say up front instead of Altidore, US could've won the game against England and would be an outside contender.

But Jozy is getting better hopefully with age anyway and soon enough U.S. will hopefully produce one true world-class striker.
i think your forgetting about charlie davies, he was the perfect complement for alitidore

Yep, cannot see anything speaking against this goal. This was definitely a goal and so the referee stole three points from the USA.

Great comeback, the manager should have continued with three at the back but that referee...

Back
Top Bottom