World Cup 2010 - USA Thread

Congratulations,the American national team looked in this match as the present favourite worthy to pass in play-off! I think they could not hammer more, only because of excellent game of the goalkeeper of a national team of Algeria, it was today at height.;))

What a Game !!
I just kept on hoping and praying we would do it....

and what a fast counter-attack....full credit to Howard, Donovan, Altidore, Dempsey......and it had to be Donovan....he deserved it !!

I was jumping across the Room !!! USA !!

I became a US citizen last year....and this is the first time
for me to have the privilege of supporting my nation in a World Cup !!

Ghana.....what a chance to blot out the memories of 2006 !!

WELL f'n deserved! US should've been atop this group last round of matches already.

Justice served. GO GO GO Bradley and the Boys!

You have Ghana now and then winner of Uruguay vs. Korea, no easy matches but you could be in the semi-finals of World Cup!! I'd imagine Obama and everyone would be there if that happened! Can you imagine?!

WELL f'n deserved! US should've been atop this group last round of matches already.

Justice served. GO GO GO Bradley and the Boys!

You have Ghana now and then winner of Uruguay vs. Korea, no easy matches but you could be in the semi-finals of World Cup!! I'd imagine Obama and everyone would be there if that happened! Can you imagine?!

personally having billy there is good enough, obama has other things to worry about.. the conservatives would end up bashing him for it

Fabregas think highly of the US squad

"The best moment for me at the World Cup so far was that nail biting end when the USA scored in the last minute against Algeria,” Fabregas told The Sun.

“It was an incredible finale and was the most memorable one for me.

"Everybody is talking about it. That was a great moment and they are a great team.

"We found that out when they beat us in the semi-finals of the Confederation Cup last year.

"So I wasn't surprised at all they finished top of the group. They are fit and strong and dangerous on the counter-attack.

Congratulations, despite two disallowed goals, still top of the group: well done.
I like the USA team...hope you guys can reach the semi's but Ghana is not easy...

You played well, but...

ghana1.jpg

Yeah out but out proud. Played well overall, will rue missing those chances and even though you guys cost me $$$, I still like you.

p.s. Donovan crosses like Beckham now! All that training together really paid off. Of all the players I've seen taking FK's and corners and stuff delivering balls in the box in this world cup, he's delivered dangerous balls more consistently than any other.

I think the other players who deliver quality and dangerous crosses are Belhadj, and some of the Japanese.

what you lots think can we do better w/ an other coach maybe someone w/ more experience I mean Bradley has done great. I wonder if we need a boss to push the envelope further. We have an average squad and Jurden was almost in but his demands were shocking :)) (he wanted control ) . Maybe everyone is happy the way things are and raise the bar to the next lvl which is quarterfinals.

Seeing an Argie coach w/ an Argie squad does make things special and w/ all the made in America bit flying around . I just like to entertain the thought and maybe give jurden a go he loves Cali he has loads of experience speaks English very fluently I was impress w/ his studio hosting commentating on ESPN.

what you lots think can we do better w/ an other coach maybe someone w/ more experience I mean Bradley has done great. I wonder if we need a boss to push the envelope further. We have an average squad and Jurden was almost in but his demands were shocking :)) (he wanted control ) . Maybe everyone is happy the way things are and raise the bar to the next lvl which is quarterfinals.

Seeing an Argie coach w/ an Argie squad does make things special and w/ all the made in America bit flying around . I just like to entertain the thought and maybe give jurden a go he loves Cali he has loads of experience speaks English very fluently I was impress w/ his studio hosting commentating on ESPN.
There's nothing shocking about asking for full control over picking players for major tournaments. It's that stupid rule that gives MLS owners the chance to showcase their players and sell them for profit, rather than allowing the coach to blood young players and gel a proper side together. But your FA is too obsessed with making money rather than improving the fortunes of a side that has plenty of potential.

Klinsmann is right to demand full control.

Bob Bradley has done an excellent job and in my opinion, it'd be really stupid to get rid of him.

I can't think of a better person for the job to be honest either. I don't think Jurgen or anyone else for that matter would necessarily do a better job.

USA IS improving every year, it's a gradual process. You were never gonna win the World Cup this year but you did as well as you probably could. If I were an American, I'd be very proud and look forward to the future as well and I can see a very bright one if things were to continue as they are with Bob Bradley in charge with US gradually improving even further with each passing month and year.

There's nothing shocking about asking for full control over picking players for major tournaments. It's that stupid rule that gives MLS owners the chance to showcase their players and sell them for profit, rather than allowing the coach to blood young players and gel a proper side together. But your FA is too obsessed with making money rather than improving the fortunes of a side that has plenty of potential.

excellent point ! I know our association has there agenda not giving Jurden full control. I wasn`t aware about that showcase to sale players abroad. If that`s the case MLS is a farm league. MLS won`t grow until they join USL imo have some (relegation n promotion playoffs) plus Dempsey is the highest transfer too at $4 million

PLF said:
Bob Bradley has done an excellent job and in my opinion, it'd be really stupid to get rid of him.

I can't think of a better person for the job to be honest either. I don't think Jurgen or anyone else for that matter would necessarily do a better job.

USA IS improving every year, it's a gradual process. You were never gonna win the World Cup this year but you did as well as you probably could. If I were an American, I'd be very proud and look forward to the future as well and I can see a very bright one if things were to continue as they are with Bob Bradley in charge with US gradually improving even further with each passing month and year.

You`re familiar w/ the states and well inform. I know we hear at the WC Americans bought more tickets than any other nation ,but we know how many ppl live here and support their homeland. I do know the exposure this year is greater than any other watching the games in open park on screen is massive everyone talking about it too in malls etc. My point is now that there is an awakening for footy the demand to go further is here.I overheard a conversation saying this sport is mad trying to score a goal is nearly impossible and watching it was nail biting....I wanted to say something ,but couldn`t be arsed . I`m concern because this squad has another cup in them at best and new crop will come . Is bradley capable to deal with a new breed we saw how his selection error vs Ghana. Im happy w/ what we did I`m also surprise with the amount of fans watching the game too.

Last edited:
he sub Clark(EDU) on the 3o min mark and had to give a little talk.Then he took findley(brasilian born feilhabber) off at the half so 2 non-injured changes by kick-off .Jozy looked like he was injured for about 20min before bringing in gomez. We lost our legs and did strange passes to strange places :LOL:

Last edited:
Come on, Sina! Losing your touch a bit. :P

Taking off Altidore was strange because he was holding up the ball well and helping press Ghana high up the pich but if it's an injury, it didn't seem a major one.

Bradley always makes the same mistakes and yet never learns, although he usually ends up rectifying them through his substitutions. Ghana had that 3 vs 2 in that central midfield and dominated possession in that area before half-time.

abou you think findley was the MLS player showcase I think buddle is a better player. Findley wasn`t even part of the Algeria game how could he get in? :CONFUSE: the mistake is he try to put the squad that face Algeria by the 2nd half. Even with fit players coming off,there was a slight chance it could have gone to penalties

gotta` luv the hispanic programs here :LOL: World Cup halftime at its finest

YouTube - Las Senadoras y Futbol!! I luv the eboue dance at the end :LOL:

Last edited:

dude you have no idea what your talking about... klinsman wanted players available for two tournaments in one summer, this had nothing to do with the FA. No offense dude but klinsman was as ignorant as you are about our league. Im pretty sure there is no way in hell that bayern munich would let there players miss two months of the bundesliga for the german national team. It is no different for MLS Teams. Not every league in the world gets the summers off man.. this is where klinsman was ignorant and the prick should have known this before quitting at the last moment. so please learn a little something about the situation before making such pronouncements...
to reiterate

1.)this had nothing to with making money
2.)this had nothing to do with our US Soccer federation
3.)No team in the world would allow there players to leave for 2.5 months in the middle of the season for national team duty

Back
Top Bottom