Zidane / Materazzi

Massacre_1907 said:
you're really a racist twat :applause:

You're a moron.

Nick Cave said:
Just so it's clear Rocky29 why is Materazzi one of your heroes, because he got the player sent off through his "cunning" or because of what he may or may not have said to Zidane or do you just not like Zidane or the French or Muslims.

Materazzi is my hero because he scored our equaliser and converted his penalty in the shootout, I'm not gonna judge him yet until what he actually said is revealed. Me, hate Zidane? I'm a Juventino, you know my opinion of him so I'll just stop there. I know that some are gonna say "but you gots a avatar of zizou gettin sent off, lolzer man!!!1111" Truth is I found this whole incident hilarious. And c'mon, you just couldn't help but laugh the first time you saw it, well atleast I couldn't.

Last edited:
Kiske said:
Zizou did it again !!! Noooooo :(

zidanechirac8bz.jpg

(Note: That's just a joke... please dont give me a headbutt guys !)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol:

:applause:

I think most people would do that, insult or not. Chirac is an asshat.

Vlad19 said:
Man whatever, i hate hypocrites like you who talk like words can never rile them up. It's easy to hitch up on your high horse and smite everyone who shows some emotion.

And what's with the 'in front of millions' comment? John Prescott here in England showed a lot less restraint with some guy who egged him, he got cheered. Just coz Materazzi's nonsense wasnt visible on a camera doesnt make it any more acceptable. I wouldnt defend Zizou if he was just lashing out because of frustration like Rooney, but that numbnuts drove him to it. And if words are so harmless, I'd like you to take a walk through Haringey saying the N word to everyone. Good luck \\:o/

Mindless violence? As opposed to planned violence? I guess mindless violence would be less shameful then? Stop using so many buzzwords and try to formulate your own opinion. Nobody seems to note that Materazzi did the most blatant dive ever, his legs flew up in the air.

I say 'mindless' because of the situation. A World Cup final! The french team were shocked after the incident at a time where they were all over Italy.

Not only that, damaging his sides chances, but also tarnishing his career in his last game.

Seeing what Zidane did... I think its fair to call him a "terrorist". Hey, I'd feel terrorized too if someone slams his head on my chest.

Today 21:00 french time, eclusive Interview from ZIZOU in Canal+ Channel!!!!
This will be Interesting!

I do not understand why Mr. Totti "sputum" to Poulsen at EURO2004 all the world he has said son of good woman to Mr. Totti... and the provocations? ...but I have understood because not accepted you that the MAGIC ITALY is champion of the world for the quarter it turns and I enjoy to die!!!

Rocky29 said:
Materazzi is my hero because he scored our equaliser and converted his penalty in the shootout, I'm not gonna judge him yet until what he actually said is revealed. Me, hate Zidane? I'm a Juventino, you know my opinion of him so I'll just stop there. I know that some are gonna say "but you gots a avatar of zizou gettin sent off, lolzer man!!!1111" Truth is I found this whole incident hilarious. And c'mon, you just couldn't help but laugh the first time you saw it, well atleast I couldn't.

Just wanted to know what was sparking the racist comments!!

Pistiuk said:
I do not understand why Mr. Totti "sputum" to Poulsen at EURO2004 all the world he has said son of good woman to Mr. Totti... and the provocations? ...but I have understood because not accepted you that the MAGIC ITALY is champion of the world for the quarter it turns and I enjoy to die!!!

What? Come one mods, I understand not everyone speaks English, but this is dreadful. I want this to be deleted.

I guess he said:

When Totti spitted on Poulsen, everyone called Totti a son of a bitch, and no one became interested on what Poulsen did or have said.

So why now do people care?

In my opinion it is just the same.

oh well..

TOTTI -> bastard
ZIDANE -> hero

:roll: yes, that's enough for me to say that ENVY is a very very bad thing..

Zidane speak

Metarazzi speak 1 time about the Mother and Zidane Sister, Zidane continue too walk and Materazzi repeat and the next you know...

ThomasGOAL said:
Zidane speak

Metarazzi speak 1 time about the Mother and Zidane Sister, Zidane continue too walk and Materazzi repeat and the next you know...

then zidane's reaction was ignorant as materazzi's mouth. Personal insult shouldnt equal to a reaction like that

ThomasGOAL said:
Materazzi is a big liar
:) no doubt about that.. THIS is what I thought about Materazzi BEFORE the world cup:
Kleimann said:
first of all materazzi because he's really a shit.. his only aim is to hurt people!! I don't mind what he did to shevchenko.. but is what he did to cirillo after inter-siena that gets on my nerves..
**explanation about Cirillo incident**
NO EXCUSES..
materazzi.jpg

this man deserves to be slapped several times..
He is an asshole, a cheater, one of the dirtiest player I've ever seen.. but he's not racist, at least..

Zidane says i'm more shocked by a word like that ---> italian politician says italy beat "niggas, moslems and communists"

It's not gonna matter what Zidane says cus Materazzi can just deny it and vice versa!

@TG, some Italian politicians are psychos don't be offended by them, they bought their high school diploma on ebay.

Just wanted to know what was sparking the racist comments!!

Sparking what racist comments?:roll: Go back to my posts and and find where there was any racist intent in any of my posts. Good luck if you find any.

ThomasGOAL said:
Zidane says i'm more shocked by a word like that ---> italian politician says italy beat "niggas, moslems and communists"

As you in France have Le Pen, they in Italy have Calderoli (The politician wo spent those dirty words)... a f***ing nationalist.

'I apologize to all the children'
Zidane contrite for headbutt, cites insults of family

PARIS (AP) -- French soccer star Zinedine Zidane apologized for head-butting an Italian opponent during the World Cup final, saying Wednesday that he was provoked by harsh insults about his mother and sister.

"I apologize, to all the children" who watched the match Sunday, Zidane said in his first, highly-awaited comments about the brutal act of violence that marked the end of his career.

The 34-year-old midfielder, soft-spoken and relaxed in the interview with Canal-Plus, did not specify exactly what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said that enraged him, but he said it was about his family.

"I would rather have taken a punch in the jaw than have heard that," Zidane said, stressing that Materazzi's language was "very harsh," and that he repeated the insults several times.

Zidane and Materazzi exchanged words after Italy broke up a French attack in extra-time. Seconds later, Zidane lowered his head and rammed Materazzi in the chest, knocking him to the ground. Zidane was sent off, reducing France to 10 men. Italy went on to win in a penalty shootout.

The abrupt act of aggression marred the end of the World Cup, with many warning it would tarnish Zidane's formidable legacy.

The France captain said, however, that he felt no regret for his act, "because that would mean (Materazzi) was right to say all that."

"There was a serious provocation," said Zidane, who said he had never had tensions with Materazzi before.

"My act is not forgivable," Zidane said. "But they must also punish the true guilty party, and the guilty party is the one who provokes."

"I tell myself that if things happened this way, it's because somewhere up there it was decided that way," he said in a later interview on TF1 television. "And I don't regret anything that happened, I accept it."

For days, sports fans around the world have been riveted by the question: What could Materazzi have said to set Zidane off? Media from Brazil to Britain hired lip readers to try to figure it out, then came up with different answers.

Materazzi has acknowledged he insulted Zidane, without giving specifics. At nearly the same moment Zidane was on TV, excerpts from an interview that Materazzi gave were posted on an Italian paper's Web site. He denied insulting Zidane's mother.

"I didn't say anything to him about racism, religion or politics," Materazzi told the Gazzetta dello Sport. "I didn't talk about his mother either. I lost my mother when I was 15 and even now I still get emotional talking about her."

Zidane "has always been my hero," Materazzi said. "I admire him a lot."

Despite the head-butt, Zidane was awarded the Golden Ball award for best player at the World Cup -- though FIFA president Sepp Blatter has suggested Zidane could be stripped of the honor.

"The winner of the award is not decided by FIFA, but by an international commission of journalists," Blatter said in Italian newspaper La Repubblica. "That said, FIFA's executive committee has the right, and the duty, to intervene when faced with behavior contrary to the ethics of the sport."

In France, many have already pardoned Zidane, even without his explanation. A poll published Tuesday in Le Parisien newspaper showed that 61 percent of the 802 people questioned forgave Zidane.

Zidane said many people have asked him not to retire, but he said he would not change his mind.

"I won't go back on it, at least I hope so ... (the decision) it's definitive," he said.

In a later interview with TF1 television, Zidane said he was "going to rest, and then move on to something else."

p1_zidane_0712.jpg

Zinedine Zidane appeared on French TV and apologized for the headbutt on Italy's Marco Materazzi that saw him red-carded.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../12/bc.eu.spt.soc.france.zidane.ap/index.html

Last edited:
See words about his mother and sister, nothing to do with muslims or terrorists, so stop calling Marco a racist. That is, if it is revealed that comments about Zizou's mother and sister were said in a racist manner, than by all means call Materazzi a racist again.

Words were used by Materazzi... Head was used by Zidane... No brainer really. Any court of law will rule in favor of Materazzi. Words are not solid. It does not occupy space therefore you cannot be PHYSICALLY assulted with words. A person's head on the other hand... Its too bad this tarnishes Zidane's legacy.

Back
Top Bottom