FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

The stats for some Spurs players after the update are baffling, Bent, Lennon and Palacios are all the highest @ 84 whilst Modric and JD are both 76.

Our first choice LB is now rated at 69 whilst our out of form LB (Gareth Bale) is rated higher at 70. Jermaine Jenas is a 83 whilst the rock solid Corluka is 78.

How do EA rate players? What things to they take into consideration?

EDIT: In online games the stats are a bit different, in all honesty we shouldn't be a 4 and a half team.

Last edited:
yeah i just finished putting them all in the game a minute ago. theres some problems with a lot of the players on that list though, the finder finds them but all their stats are scrambled and they're registered as goalkeepers.

I'm also finding such issues.

This is from a search for "castro" for example:

3e405o06oudjqcdu0j.jpg

Also there's 2x A. Eremenko Jr. in the DB and in the Finnish squad.

x7fqxgj7dto4fvx1y1d.jpg

Last edited:
So much for delaying the data update because they found a last minute bug. How didn't anyone spot these errors yet people on here have found them so soon?

It looks worse to release such a buggy update than take an extra day to tidy up though, surely?

Unrelated to the update but is it possible to set up an offline league with a bunch of teams for me and my friends to play for an extended period of time?

For example six of us choose teams, and then it creates a league table with points, goals, games played, who plays who next etc?

I know there is a lounge mode but that is pretty silly and doesnt have a realistic league structure.

It looks worse to release such a buggy update than take an extra day to tidy up though, surely?

i dont know from where u came up with the idea that it was a 1 day solution thing...we really dont know what would take to fix that.

ive learned that in video games development if u think something is easy to do, its problaby more complicated than u think. :LOL:

yup, i just added one of them and said whatever. it sucks though, theres a bunch of the scrambled stats guys.

Yeah I did the same, it worries me that we'll put in all this effort before starting our manager mode then either 1. the DB is so corrupt MM crashed or 2. in a week or two EA release another update and we have to start all over again :(

I'm taking pics with my phone of all errors I'm seeing to pass on to EA in the hopes they can do something about it, I haven't started a thread on the EA forums as it will all likelihood cause absolute hysteria.

Last edited:
just dled a second update..whats that all about?

also when i do that als thing does it save the squads as my complete default squads or do i have to load them from the squad menu every time?

A card game? Jesus. :FAIL:

I haven't downloaded the data update yet, these errors that people are seeing are a little off-putting at the moment.

Sorry if this has been spoken about elsewhere, but I can't see many appearence updates for players. I don't have access to a decent Internet speed so can't get it. But I was at my mates and players like Rooney and Messi haven't been corrected.

Was this update only for transfers or did EA forget to update certain players?

Thanks

Many players have had their appearances changed, I guess these Rooney and Messi guys aren't too important, I've seen plenty of League 1/Championship teams with improved appearances :)

Apparantly there's been only one change in the Liverpool squad, with Riera going up by two points. I'd have thought the Prem teams would've been adjusted quite well.

Haven't had a chance to update my game yet but I'll write down the stats pre-update and see.

On another note, I got my copy second-hand. If the person who had it before me has used the code off the manual, can I still use it?

Placebo how can I edit all the team formations and save them, you can't edit the defaults...?

You have to edit the default formation, then save as a custom formation, then assign that formation to the team, unfortunately you only have slots for 30 custom formations, so what I've done is edit all Prem teams plus the best of the Championship teams (+ Sheff Utd so the derby is harder), that took up 26 of my slots and I have 4 left over to use for my own tactics :)

A card game? Jesus. :FAIL:

I haven't downloaded the data update yet, these errors that people are seeing are a little off-putting at the moment.

Well I believe I've identified the cause of the ones we're finding by searching for free transfers, it's players that are no longer in the national teams, somehow there's a fragment of them left behind in the DB which is what's showing up when we search for them.

I am still finding more duplicates when I search which is a bit worrying, for example:

Dupe_01.jpg

Dupe_02.jpg

Dupe_03.jpg

Dupe_04.jpg

Dupe_05.jpg

Dupe_06.jpg

Sorry for the shit quality but you can figure out who is who.......

And some more samples of the countless corrupt players:

Haven't had a chance to update my game yet but I'll write down the stats pre-update and see.

On another note, I got my copy second-hand. If the person who had it before me has used the code off the manual, can I still use it?

If you have any stats on hand (for example of players you expect to have been changed either up/down) I can easily check if anything changed.

And yes you will be fine, I read that everyone has the same ALS free code (it's even being actively shared on the EA forums now), I tested myself and it seems it's 1 use per gamertag, not 1 use only per console.

Cheers mate.

I'll check the Liverpool stats when I get home later. Can't really remember any stats either.

Any news on EA releasing a fixed roster update?

Apparantly there's been only one change in the Liverpool squad, with Riera going up by two points. I'd have thought the Prem teams would've been adjusted quite well.

Everton got tweaked a lot imo
YAkubu is no more that super Striker he was, arteta improved , Jagielka is quite improved, fellaini seems faster although his overall didnt change and jo got beaten down too...
the tatics are updated too, looks nice!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom