Call of Duty: World at War

Dags + pboreham - Me, Radiation and Yana(Sarah - brunettepride) will most likely be on later tonight. I'm sure we could get together for a few sessions of zombie mode.

Last edited:
yeah it's co op. I had serious trouble last night trying to get into a party with a friend - it took like half an hour of trying until suddenly it worked and continued to work through the night. I hate that if the host turns his console off the party gets disbanded or in some cases 1 or 2 members get booted out so everyone assumed they left of their own choice and they start a game without them.

I managed to complete the SP story last night and unlocked zombies myself - i had a go at it myself after the credits and got to level 11 on my own which i thought was really good. i had a flame thrower and Thompson machine gun and by the end had to have opened every route to be able to burn them and then run while they took a few seconds to stop coming for me and drop down dead.

yeah it's co op. I had serious trouble last night trying to get into a party with a friend - it took like half an hour of trying until suddenly it worked and continued to work through the night. I hate that if the host turns his console off the party gets disbanded or in some cases 1 or 2 members get booted out so everyone assumed they left of their own choice and they start a game without them.

I managed to complete the SP story last night and unlocked zombies myself - i had a go at it myself after the credits and got to level 11 on my own which i thought was really good. i had a flame thrower and Thompson machine gun and by the end had to have opened every route to be able to burn them and then run while they took a few seconds to stop coming for me and drop down dead.

Had no end of problems connecting to anyone over the weekend - and even when we connected, it wouldnt start.

Had to dash anyway :( but would have liked to have given it a go...

I used to have no end of problems on Call of Duty connecting and what not. Also, every time I tried to connect to someone else's party or invite people to mine it always disconnected.

I had a BT Voyager router. However, I have since replaced it with a middle of the range Netgear Router (approx £20). Now it works like a dream. Never had a problem since. FIFA 09 also plays a smoother 1v1.

My problem was the router.

Last double XP weekend my mate had his entire SP wiped clean. This weekend mine did it! Gooooood dammit, not fussed really but damn!

Zombies can sometimes be a nightmare to connect to. Oh and Radiation the flame thrower is good for early rounds, like 1-10. But get's abit ineffective after that. Good thing about the flamethrower is it's an automatic headshot every kill as you burn the whole body...which means more points per kill as headshots get you extra points.

Who plays this game online here then for PS3 ?

Id be interested in playing :)

Think it's everyone who posts in this thread other than Matt1288, you have pboreham, dags, yana, matherto, rad and just1, going from reading the posts I think that's the list.

I feel bad about keep missing MP games with you peeps.

Like yesterday lunch time, I stick COD5 on for 10 mins of Free For All before going back to work (i.e. spinning round in my chair from the PS3 to the Mac :LOL:) so I couldnt join Rad and Matt in some hot co-op action...

Sorry if I miss any invites from anyone :(

You didn't miss anything co-op. The servers we're still fucked. we managed to form a party ok but when you got into a game it lagged out after a few seconds. Competitive side worked fine though.

I'm on every night nearly, for at least a good hour when the little one has gone to bed.

Bloody lag is getting frustrating at times now though, seriously sometimes I fire like a whole magazine into someone and they hit me with what seems to me to be 2 bullets and I die. Gah, any game, unless I'm with friends, where my connection is showing up as only 1 or 2 bars I'm leaving now, it's so frustrating.

Bloody lag is getting frustrating at times now though, seriously sometimes I fire like a whole magazine into someone and they hit me with what seems to me to be 2 bullets and I die.

Really frustrates me that, and is a big reason for me wanting to turn the game off after an hour or so.

Less cheats as well, lots harder to use the hacks.

CoD always used to frustrate me no end, I'd get pwned day in day out, but for some reason I've really settled into CoD WaW and I find that there's far less things that make me angry (nowhere near as many elites as there were before). It's very odd for me to play a game online for more than a week without getting pissed off at the elites or the glitches, but I've played this upto level 42 now and I'm constantly wanting to get back on it and play some more.

The liquid-smooth framerate really needs to be in every game (especially FPS games), I don't care if the graphics aren't hyper-realistic - you get sucked into the game purely by the gameplay and the smoothness of it all. If there was any drop in the framerate it would be a totally different game and it would put me off playing it altogether. To me games like Gears of War don't compare (played that online for a week before being shot 110 times and running off to regenerate health, repeat repeat repeat, got annoying).

Here we go - here's the COD inspired prank
YouTube - Road Sign Fail

-

There are cheats and hacks on PS3 ? I thought it was impossible to hack things in now as it has trophies so it just informs you that its not a valid save from that machine.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't know they'd done that now, that's a relief.

Great video as well, haha, although in fairness if I hadn't played CoD that day I probably would have been shitting myself if I'd seen those signs.

Treyarch plans to add more Nazi zombies to Call of Duty: World at War as part of the very first downloadable map pack.

That's according to community manager "JD_2020", who tells the official forums "there will be a new wave of undead coming soon". He gives no further specifics, but suggests there may be an entire level of risen-again fascists to disperse.

The original undead playlist - Nacht der Untoten - was unlocked after players completed the World at War campaign. This was soon deemed fat too fun to keep under lock-and-key, and so rolled out to anyone on Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.

The idea in Nacht der Untoten is for teams of up-to four people to fight off waves of Nazi zombies.

We'll keep our eyes peeled to find out more.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/more-nazi-zombies-for-world-at-war

Official Forums Post
Dear Alarmed Residents of Texas, Indiana and Illinois:

We hope that rumors of a new zombie level being included in the first Call of Duty: World at War DLC map pack wasn’t what sent you into a recent frenzy (http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/Road_signs_warn_of_zombies). Nazi Zombies scare us too, which is why we’d like to give you a heads-up to stay tuned for official word regarding upcoming DLC. Yes, there will be a new wave of undead coming soon and – while we appreciate everyone’s concern (and we don’t condone vandalism) – we assure you that these zombies will only be found in the Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack. Stay tuned for more details!

Regards,

Your friends on the Call of Duty: World at War team.

Surely a new map?? I hope so. Great little game I often play zombies with my mates just to chill out. Chat and whack zombies at the same time, beautiful.

Map pack confirmed, three normal maps and one Nazi Zombie map. Arrives in March.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

map_pack_banner.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom