Call of Duty: World at War

Pft. I will destroy you once I get used to the controls. What's your ratios like then? I've got a K/D of 1.33 and often get awesome results in matches. :P I won't be getting a 360 for a good few weeks now anyway, I had to get a TV.

Also, I AM SO GLAD THE CASTLE GLITCH IS GONE!! I can actually enjoy that level now! Yayness.

There's a new one now, you can still go under the map but in a different way! Just a heads up for ya.

And I'll wait, the day we battle will be a great day. Until then! :APPLAUD:

You're kidding?! Oh great. Well I haven't seen anyone under the map since our PS3 patch so hopefully it'll not be discovered, I'm really liking castle at the moment too, typical. :(

What map(s) would you lot recommend for sniping?
I've only gotten into playing online this week and as my sniping is well rusty - I've had to resort to run & gun tactics!
I probably just need a bit of time to learn the maps and find out where to hide...

If anyone fancies a game next week let me know (I'm need some practice first!) :)

You're kidding?! Oh great. Well I haven't seen anyone under the map since our PS3 patch so hopefully it'll not be discovered, I'm really liking castle at the moment too, typical. :(

This one is quite rare, so I don't think many people are aware of it as of yet. I haven't been on COD in ages recently actually, I was so hyped up to get prestige 10 before! Now I just cant be bothered with it. I'll probably start again after this stressful week.

And Jamesy, I'd suggest you snipe on that map with a lot of wholewheat plants all over with the water tower, I actually snipe on nearly every map! Just make sure you use the bouncing betties.

I don't really, but I am willing to give it another go because I want to see what it is like on 360, plus there's a few people I'd love to play with.

What map(s) would you lot recommend for sniping?
I've only gotten into playing online this week and as my sniping is well rusty - I've had to resort to run & gun tactics!
I probably just need a bit of time to learn the maps and find out where to hide...

If anyone fancies a game next week let me know (I'm need some practice first!) :)

Actually, you can snipe on every map. But there are levels that are perfect for sniping (Seelow) and others who aren't (Dome). I would prefer these maps to play as a sniper:

Seelow
Downfall
Castle

I hate snipers, ruins the fun when you get picked off from miles away by some dullard hiding in the bushes. Cant imagine it's very fun doing the sniping either.

If you play tactical, you wont get shot by a sniper, that easily. Anyway I don't really do the stand still and stay in the same place snipe, I like to move from position to position and shoot.

I always snipe. Sometimes not moving at all for a whole game. If I don't move it means I'm being put under no pressure by the other team and most likely going 10-0. That's how I like to play and I'm very good at sniping. People get pissed and come after me up close, they find I'm not too bad with my pistol either.

Well that's generally what snipers are trained to do in real life.

And if you're good enough, you'll leave the scope on for a bit so the killcam records that and they can't really tell where you are.

I hate snipers, ruins the fun when you get picked off from miles away by some dullard hiding in the bushes. Cant imagine it's very fun doing the sniping either.

Sniping is very fun if you're good at all.

Purely because you know you're pissing people off, and if you get a headshot it's extra satisfying :BOP:

I do Snipe occasionally, but I play Headquarters like 99% of the time and that's not exactly a sniping game mode. I might get into it if I ever get fed up of HQ.

Maybe this is some help

Source: N4G.com
Maxconsole reports: "XCMLive has just informed us of a new product that should be available towards the end of February. The cross fire converter is an adaptor which will allow you to use a PS3 controller on the Xbox 360, more functions will be announced at a later date."

Pft. :P

From CVG- more good news!! I know I'm gonna be on the game all weekend now, especially since I'm just about to go on second prestige.

Activision US has sent word out that this weekend will give you chance to catch up with those types of gamers that eat, sleep, don't drink but pretend World At War is real.

"Players will receive Double-XP this weekend (January 30 through February 1), but not only that, but due to popular request they will have two new playlists at their disposal for Xbox 360 and PS3.

""Team Tactical (4v4) and Mercenary TDM (no parties allowed). Team Tactical will pit two teams of four against each other in a random rotation of all the Team-Based gametypes."

Can't be too long before we start hearing something about a DLC map pack if history is anything to go by...

Not bothered about the new game modes myself, never bothered with them on COD4 either. But YAY for more XP. :)

Great stuff, Looks like my weekend will be taken up again. I jumped from level 8 to 19 last weekend after a few games.

Cool, be on that :)

Surprised myself when I saw my XP was around 30 yesterday - dont think my COD4 is that high - though not played that for months as my mate borrowed (stole) it :(

Oh and Yana, thanks for all the invites! Sometimes I just want to chill in 'Free For All', but whenever I have accepted your invites, it doesnt let me join.

Not dissing ya!

No it's fine, I only try once or twice, I don't nag people like some guys do, GOD that's annoying when people invite you like 478374 times, even when set to away on the PSN. I'll try if you're on later, make sure I'm not in anything, I know it's useless the invite system sometimes.

And the time for Double XP starting over here is 7PM GMT according to the official forums. Woo!

So what is everyone fave mode to play? I've just been doing TDM games myself so far. In past cod games i played S&D modes only and loved them. But i'll play anything.

I liked the mode where the hud is removed as well - makes kills seem more fair and you get less of the 'running behind someone, suddenly they flip around and blow your head off with 1 shot and then run off' moments.

So what is everyone fave mode to play? I've just been doing TDM games myself so far. In past cod games i played S&D modes only and loved them. But i'll play anything.

I liked the mode where the hud is removed as well - makes kills seem more fair and you get less of the 'running behind someone, suddenly they flip around and blow your head off with 1 shot and then run off' moments.

Barely ever play team games - all "Free For All" for me. I hope they up the FFA limit to 16 players for the next iteration of COD (COD 4:2 isnt it?)

From what I played today I'm not that keen on HQ mode. At least not of the cliff map. it seemed to be massively in favour of the defending team as they spawn on the HQ and we spawned miles away.

I LOVE war mode - mainly because they've nicked it from RTCW which was one of my all time fave online FPS games. I love that the battles can swing back and forth loads... i think i'll just be playing that from now on myself.

ZOMBIES - [Incidentally - did anyone read the story of the hackers who hacked a roadworks sign to read 'Nazi zombies ahead, run for you lives!'] Anyway, played 1 game of zombies mode with matt and 2 random people. It was pretty good fun if a little slow to get going. Though once someone opened up the back room and the stairs and another area we kinda got swamped.

Great stuff... any chance we can get a Evo Web night going for this?

It's fun but if they had expanded it a little so it was more like L4D or Resi Evil Outbreak it could have been something very special. It's a very nice bonus though.

My only complaint really is that you basically HAVE to lose (die) to finish playing which is a little demoralising. They don't tell you this but the knowledge that 'to finish this game you must die' so you're already kinda screwed to begin with just leaves you thinking 'so what's the point of this again?'

Level 23 was the highest I ever got to.

I think 500 is the top level. People have achieved it on Youtube. I think it was by cheating/using glitches in the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom