Call of Duty: World at War

Cheapest I've ever seen it is here. Clicky!

Unless you're willing to take second hand, I'd check out AVForums and places like eBay, Gumtree. Wait til after Christmas though, for both new and second hand, prices will probably go down, even if just a few quid.

You best get this on PS3 though. :P

Last edited:
That's what I thought, Holio. I've never heard of buying someone a present for New Years Eve :SHOCK:

I won't see them in time to give them a Christmas present, so... It'll be cheaper by then as well, I hope.

And I'll have nobody to play it with otherwise.

I'll be getting this for my birthday in a few days - I've been back and forth between the PS3 and PC versions but I think I'll be going with the PS3. Any tips for a noob who never got into COD 4 and so never got to find out the best combos and so on?

I'm at level 23 at the mo and still sticking to the MP40 and sticky grenades. Seems to work for me on the whole, but I've got a wealth of stuff to unlock yet.

I dont think the maps have the variety of COD4, but 5 is still a great, fun game!

At the same house? The game has split screen co op?

Yep - It was great. I think I read that you can do up to four players co-op? but not sure. You can certainly do 2.

I think you can do online co-op aswell. Might see if I can do that with him tomorrow.

You can only do online co-op as in with other online players, unfortunately. I remember Treyarch saying they were going to put it in, but it's not there, mustn't have bothered. Me and Will tried it a few weeks back, no luck.

Yeah i played a bit of zombie mode and i wanna play it now.

We got into that but it got very boring very quick

the more you play you will see what i mean, especially when every time you play you get to at least Level 20 then have to start all over again

I've not touched the Zombie mode yet - I saw it said it was unlocked for everyone this weekend along with the double XP - but I've still not had a go. I read a 'guide to survive' on it yesterday and it made it sound incredibly tough so it's not really something I'd jump on with random people and play as when I die early on from not knowing what to do i'll look like a right muppet.

Does anyone know if the mode unlocked for everyone forever or was it just for the weekend? I've not got far to go in the SP to unlock it anyway so it's not a big deal if it's locked again tomorrow.

I've bumped into a few elites here and there. People who can somehow kill you with 3 pistol shots from the other side of the map, or the guys who camp and sit somewhere with a gun for the whole map with it lined up so as you turn the corner they get a head shot right away over and over.

I saw a guy hiding like behind 2 barrels so their gun and sights poked in between them so they racked up kill after kill for unsuspecting people coming up the hill towards them. A bit of a crappy boring tactic especially as you can't seem to hit them as your bullets ping off the barrels.

-

It's a fun game though - my only annoyance are where the game respawns you right in front of the enemy so your backs to them and you die immediately.

I think it's permanently from what I've read. Don't quote me on that though! I'm glad you like it, it is a really good game apart from a few small annoyances.

This may be old news, but have you heard about the CLAN tag hacks?

I played WAW for the first time in a while yesterday and saw lots of player names doing all sorts of stuff and this morning found out how.

There are 4 letter codes floating around that you put in the clan tag part of the menu - such as RAIN, MOVE, CYCL and CYLN there were others too..

Pretty funky :)

Anyone fancy doing zombie mode together on the PS3?

The double XP is until 6pm GMT tonight, I'll be going straight online when I get home from work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Clan tag things are getting on my nerves now haha the majority of people using them are those little American kids who shout abuse at everyone, I think that's what's put me off them. :LOL: I wonder if the XP will stay on until well after the time it' supposed to go off, on COD4 it usually stayed on for over a day after.

I can try and get on this afternoon between 3 and 6 depending on how the little one is. But if not it'll be around 8-pm when I'll have a real chance to play.

I'll be on from around 5pm or so. Watching the Merseyside Derby tonight so out for most of the evening.

Zombie mode is really quite funny if you're playing with mates, doubly if you end up as the last guy after level 12/13 or so.

Really enjoying this game now. Didn't like as much as COD4 at first but its much better fighting against the Germans now I'm upto that point. Much more than fighting stereotypical Arab militants.

Pft. I will destroy you once I get used to the controls. What's your ratios like then? I've got a K/D of 1.33 and often get awesome results in matches. :P I won't be getting a 360 for a good few weeks now anyway, I had to get a TV.

Also, I AM SO GLAD THE CASTLE GLITCH IS GONE!! I can actually enjoy that level now! Yayness.

I like them both just as much as each other, they're both brilliant in their own ways. And yes, I'll most likely be on from around 8-9. :)

Back
Top Bottom