Call of Duty: World at War

I think fighting against a whole new kind of army will be great actually - credit to them, I wasn't looking forward to it but the enemy is different, they've got katana swords for a start. Should be interesting.

Something about the movement reminds me of CoD3 though so I'm dubious.

I wonder how many people will join a lobby, and when they're auto-assigned to that side suddenly quit. :lol:

Just looks like COD3 to me, well reminds me of it...

I was hoping it was more modern again or maybe near future or something of the sort, maybe like others have said, Gulf War, that would have been cool.

People who say COD4 is the best online experience plainly never played cs in the good old days. Only people who got really competitive in cs, was with a team for a good long time can comment imo. Nothing comes remotely close.

No doubt CS was the best for people who could devote a lot of time to it, and the same (but to a lesser extent) for BF2 - which my missus still plays, daily. But what I love about CoD is that even if you're a complete noob, three or four bullets still kills a guy - which it would in real-life, whether you were an "elite" or not.

I wouldn't say it's the best game ever (like that GAME poll did, still shocked at that), but being able to play without being pwned over and over and over by the guys who play nothing else, is a big plus.

Video looks alright - looks like the Vietnam shellshock game a little as well. BUT... i dont know... something not dragged me in and made me think 'holy crap i cant wait!'

getting away from WW2 was a massive step forward for the CoD series. CoD, Medal of Honour, Battlefield - they've all been churning out WW2 games for longer than the actual length of WW2 itself.

What more can they possibly do in a WW2 game???, unless they have some new ideas like you get to play as the Nazi leaders and Herman Goering powers up every time he picks up a pair of stockings and suspenders.

The fire looks awesome.

I just hope online is still as good as COD4. 90% of my Call of Duty time is spent online.

Treyarch...probably not buying this.

Give me something like COD:UO and CODII brought up to date graphically and in terms of physics. I'm not into modern warfare.

They should let you play as Germans, Italians, anything but USA again.

Last edited:
I don't know if they would allow a game where we are the Axis as its too controversial, and potentially offensive to certain people.

Last edited:
Plenty of books from the German side (see Sven Hassel as I said), there's also the Leo Kessler series (written by an Englishman but from the German side), there's also plenty of movies from the German side (Das Boot being a classic example), I don't see why not a game from the German side.

Plenty of books from the German side (see Sven Hassel as I said), there's also the Leo Kessler series (written by an Englishman but from the German side), there's also plenty of movies from the German side (Das Boot being a classic example), I don't see why not a game from the German side.
i agree, the greatest world war II game ever, you can be the axis, im talking about axis and allies baby! :). Oh and I thought on the older call of duties you could be the axis online..

There were always called "the Axies" in war games (and previous COD). I only know Battlefield Heroes using the term "National Army" instead, because it's going to be free I suppose.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38101.html
Activision and Treyarch told us about their co-op multiplayer plans for Call of Duty: World at War following the game's unveiling back in June. Now they've put their promises into video form – although the roughly five minutes of footage is entirely focused on two-player action (the final game is pegged to support four-player teams through the entire campaign).

So far it looks to be ... pretty standard fare. Still, with the historically high intensity of COD's firefights, it will be a huge plus to have as many as three buddies backing you up in battle. Also, as nice as co-op is, we're extremely eager to see what Treyarch is working on to (hopefully) out-do COD4's stellar competitive mutliplayer modes.

LOOKS SHIT BUT THATS TREYARCH FOR YOU

I had a rather lovely email off the CoD5 people this morning inviting me to the beta on 360 as a member of CallofDuty.com. :)

10% downloaded, can't wait to try it out.

I need a shooting game to play

it was only after i got rid of COD4 i realised how much fun it was, especially as about 8 people from round here was on it so we always had a big crew :))

The gameplay is exactly the same as CoD4 - and I mean exactly. It's basically a WWII patch for CoD4. Even the graphics are the same.

Fucking fun, though. The new maps are wiiiiiide open and the weapons kick ass, the noise and the kickback etc... And Kiefer Sutherland does the voiceover for the allies; excuse me while I mop up this mess in my pants. Oh Kiefer, tell me about the incoming artillery again. :LOVE:

More atmospheric as well, the "music" is just low notes and those metallic "scream" noises, it's creepy, and the noise of the artillery gets you moving.

So despite it being the exact same game as CoD4 I love it, because CoD4 was a great game. Not worth £40 though, I'll wait until I can trade something in for it.

Back
Top Bottom