Confederations Cup 2005

Figuerora to me is still very mediocre. Sure, he had a great game, but since then hes not been any better. LOL he mised from 1 meter just now. Mexico are playing really well.

LOL, he was very unlucky, I miss the most easy goal, and scored the most harded.

1-1 on extra time. A well deserved result for the game.

Now, for the penalties...

Lol, we'll meet in the final, Brazil. \\:o/

Last edited:
SPiTFiRE[NN] said:
LOL, he was very unlucky, I miss the most easy goal, and scored the most harded.

haha, true, how could he miss that ........ ?

Argentina played very good and deserved it, but mexico deserves a good credit.

Yeah, Mexico played a great match and deserved a place in the final as much as Argentina.
In extra time they played defensively waiting for a counter attack, but that doesn't mean they didn't try to attack during the whole match.

in second extra time, argentina played very good, i liked aimar he was very effective from the left and middle . If argentina played that good in the regular time they didnt needed the penalties :D

Mexico play a grat match, the match was very intense, and Argentina have a good team but the referee was helping them, in fact when "Puercoccini", sorry i mean Coloccini made that foul,

it deserves a red card, also Riquelme in a foul against Marquez, But the reward is that mexico made a great cup and many of you see, wich is the level of Mexico, the league has very good teams and players, but i think only a few has watched a game of the league, but the competition is exciting and if you have the chance watch it, the best part are the playoffs or liguilla.

Was a good match to Mexico, especially in the second time when I believed they can score the first goal as the long kicked in the stick of Zinha; but I think Argentina finished playing better the extra-time and caused their experience in the penalties.

Yeah. Argentina might have won in extra time if Saviola was still on the pitch.

The biggest flaw for Argentina is,they didnt bring in an experienced striker with them.With someone like Crespo or even Palermo,things would be even easier for them.

Ahhhh Martin Palermo---- the man who's career died! He was high flying and was growing towards the best striker in the world, was being chased by every big club. Then in an international match he missed 3 PENALTIES, then got a bad injury, then lost all his fame.

I'm very pleased with the appearance of the German team, with a bit of luck they could have gone to the final, but it's ok the way it went. The biggest pleasure is that it's actually fun to see Germany playing, something that didn't exist for a long time. They see the game for 3rd place as a serious test as well so I hope for another nice match apart from the final.

Ike said:
I'm very pleased with the appearance of the German team, with a bit of luck they could have gone to the final, but it's ok the way it went. The biggest pleasure is that it's actually fun to see Germany playing, something that didn't exist for a long time. They see the game for 3rd place as a serious test as well so I hope for another nice match apart from the final.

The reason to why you enjoy watchin Germany like I do throughout the Confederations Cup is down the the style they play now.They are much much faster and more counter attacking than before.Hats off to Juergen Klinsmann for this...also they have young & exciting players such as Mertersacker, Schwienstieger,Podolski,and Kuranyi.I can see them improving just intime for next year's World Cup.

Yesterdays game dragged on a bit, both teams kinda did cancel each other out, they should of hit the wings more.

I didn't think that Coloccini charge was a foul, seemed like he was protecting himself more than anything.

I've enjoyed this tournament looking forward to the final, I think Brazil will take it, Argentina don't have enough in attack to worry Roque Junior let alone Brazil.

I Think Coloccini did make a foul, what I don't understand is why he jumped like that. I mean he could just have obstructed him. Maybe he thought the Mexican was going to kick him so he jumped to avoid him. A very bad decision.

Coloccini is not a player that has bad intentions, most of the time he tries to steal the ball without fouling. He only makes fouls when the team needs or when he arrives 1 second late, which rarely happens. It was a very rare situation because he could have avoided hitting the mexican. He should have been sent off.

Gerger, didnt you think he intentionally scraped his boots against Borgetti's head?? He left his foot dragging instead of lifting it out of the way. He was looking to make contact IMO.

I think he did wanted to hit the Mexican player, he just didn't want to hurt him like that. There are players with bad intentions, like Vivas; Coloccini is not one of them.

Germany - Mexico 3:3 (2:1)

1st half
1:0 Podolski 37'
1:1 Fonseca 40'
2:1 Schweinsteiger 41'
red card - Mike Hanke 54' ( a little bit over the top, if you ask me )

2nd half
2:2 Borgetti 57'
3:2 Huth 79' ( can't believe it :D )
3:3 Borgetti 85'

extra time:
4:3 Ballack 97' [freekick]

Brilliant game again. Mexico and our guys were the teams of the tourney so far, let's see what the final has to offer.
Great moral from our team, taking 3 equalizers and a red card and not losing the grip.
Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Ballack, Schneider - my men! :D

This cup has been quite pish, Brazil are out of form, Argentina aint bad, but I have a feeling the final is going to be utter shit.

I cant get over Saviola, what a bloody idiotic thing to do at that time and in the Semi's, how retarded can you be?..if I was his team mate I would give him a smack across the head, talk about being a selfish fag. And Marquez?..he did that challenge and started walking off before the ref whipped out the card, he WANTED to come off, why?..another selfish faggot, this is what happens when you pay them 60k a week, money gets to their head.

Anyway, waiting up for the final, dunno why because I think it will suck, but I have a feeling Brazil will win because although they play shit, they always manage to win.

Anyone watching the 3rd placed match?..Germany vs Mexico is now 4-3 for the Germans after ET, Bollock scored to put Germany in front, Germany had a man down after 54 minutes, big Robert HUUUUUTH scored to put Germany in front with 9 mins to go only for Mexico to score about 5 minutes later, Bastard Schweinsteiger scored along with Podolski.

And no, I dont think that scraping of the head was meant, unless he has eyes on his feet, I want to see the replays to find out if Bollock was diving about again, putting Deco to shame.

Great game for 3rd place, I hope the final will be as intense as this. Two beautiful goals already.

What the hell about the stadium? lol

Halftime, 2-0
Can't believe the ref did not sent off Sorin O.o
Great Goals by Adriano and Kaka.
Riquelme is good but Argentina midfield is not good... Cambiasso and Placente are only to make fouls O.o
Pretty sure one of them will not finish the match

Btw, Lucio and Roque Jr are playing... normal to well

Good time to Brazil, they're playing with a lot of force, characteristic that seems more to Argentina. I hope in the second time can enter Javier Saviola or Carlos Tévez to generate some imbalance.

Back
Top Bottom