Confederations Cup 2005

Adriano and the fourth to Brazil, Aimar put 4-1 the match; too moved.

Even Malasia would play better that 'Tina... :lmao:

Aimar sucks and Dida is a chicken... :\

congrats brazil they took all their goals well truly world chmpions without key memebers --- who knows wots next for the best team alive 2006 wc maybe

also tevez shud have started!!!!!!

Sorin made the foul. Dida can jump to take the ball.
Coloccini piece of shite :D

4-1
Maicon and Renato lost each one an easy goal, Robinho hit the post. I'm happy now :)

and we had a PK on Gilberto... Zanetti clearly took him out, and didnt even touch the ball...

haha beaten argentina twice in a final... ooo it feels so good!

Brasil once again proved they are simply the best team in america and the world

RuneEdge said:
You could argue that Brazil need Ronaldo, Cafu and Roberto Carlos.

i dont think there is a need for Ronaldo when there is Adriano...

Cafu would be better choice over emerson too

Cicinho can replace Cafu, Adriano can replace Ronaldo.
Gilberto is not perfect, but had some nice games.

But Figueroa is not a Crespo.
Delgado is not a D'Alessandro, and Placente is not a Mascherano.

Here's the difference... The great thing of this Confed Cup is that i think Belletti will never be called for Brazilian team until 2007, that's great

scratch-br said:
Argentina is another team with Crespo and Kily (even if i hate this one).

Brasil is another team with RONALDO, ROBERTO CARLOS and CAFU!!!!!!!!!! ;)

BRASILL!! AHAHUAHA
CHUPA ARGENTINA DE MERDA!!!! \\:o/

Very impressive performance from the Brazilians tonight. They could have had more. Some good goals too. Only time will tell if they can do it again in 2006. Adriano looks very promising. Weak link? Roque Junior.

Players missing in Argentina are definitely not an excuse, we lost and we accept it. We wouldn't have played the final game if we needed those players so much. We had important players missing like Abbondanzieri, Ayala (when he doesn't play, our defense collapses), Mascherano (steals hundreds of balls per game and runs a lot), and Crespo (scores goals), and also Lucho Gonzalez (more and more important every day) and Kily Gonzalez (less and less necesary every day, but I still want him playing instead of Sorin).

Some of them were replaced very well (with Santana being the best "newcomer" by far), but the team was too weak defensively without Abbondanzieri, Ayala and Mascherano, they ARE our defense. And Pekerman decided to give Figueroa a chance instead of Tevez. We suffered every single attack during all the matches we played, and we had a lot of trouble to score goals.

Conclusions are positive. The team lost badly in the final, we were given a lesson. But we discovered Santana (not even Argentinian people knew him), Riquelme showed some of his stuff, and Lux was at least interesting. Some players proved they can't continue anymore. We now know that Coloccini loses his nerves and becomes aggressive under pressure or bad results (I swear we didn't know this till now), and some other minor things.

Lucho and Mascherano played tonight against São Paulo when River played a terrible match. River didn't played well but individually Mascherano and Lucho were... normal.
PS: I was supporting River.

Argentina should avoid situations like Saviola being red carded in semifinals, Heinze and Sorin bad marking on left side (4 goals from our right side, Cicinho the player of the match IMO), Avoid stupid tackles in the midfield, To havemo re free to receive a Riquelme's pass (Bernardi, Cambiasso and Sorin were often behind the line's ball), and other things. Anyway, Since Brazil can't defeat itself, Argentina is the team to beat in 2006.

Hey didnt see an awful lot of the game unfortunately but saw some highlights at half time. Channel5 showed 2 Adriano goals at this time. Was 1 earlier in the competition or soemthing ? or was it a disallowed goal ?

scratch-br said:
Sorin made the foul. Dida can jump to take the ball.

No he didn't and Dida can jump to take the ball but without barging the player out of the way first. It was a penalty, the referees in this tournament were shit, I hope somebody in the boardroom got slapped for Fifa's new offside rule.

Other than that good game great tournament, my only other annoyance was Steve Claridges co-commentating my god he was absolutely awful.

Ronaldo is sooooooooo much better than Adriano...
If you dont remember Adriano played crappy the first 3 games... against Mexico he missed 2 ridiculous goals...
Adriano is just big, strong, with a powerful shot... he's not skilled just watch him play
and yes I am Brazilian...

Argentina always have BIG problems to handle Adriano. We have defenders with little physical presence. Our highest man is Coloccini! we NEED a tall and strong defender, otherwise we're exposed to any other Adriano out there.

Back
Top Bottom