eFootball (All Platforms)

Idk if this is been pointed out or not, i just realized the training bib is actually there but only cutscenes, lol. Not even training mode can use it.

Last minute goal 2:07

I didn't remember an engine or other game code transition between PES 2010 and PES 2011 :THINK: although there were big changes in almost every area of the game. I still consider PES 2011 today to be the PES with the most production value, when we see the evolutions every year I wonder how they did that in such a short time.

There is a great making of from 2003 regarding the development of PES 3. We haven't had more for at least 10 years, it's sad. And many of the POS2 developers are still on PES Productions today.

but but... thats a video from the good days! ;)
ill have a look for sure! thanks for posting!

what i meant are those transition years, when they kinda lost focus, scrapped back the features... went online microtransactions and all shiny.... thats what i am really interrested in. so stuff from the glory ps2 days and onwards...

strict quality control while outsourcing the creation of assets and suddenly it doesn't matter if you have 30x15 player models or 10 leagues x 18 teams x 30 players -> especially in todays day and age where this process should be a fairly straight forward "once" affair -> create everything hi def enough so the base assets (player faces) can still be used when 8k gaming comes to life, and just update hairstyles and everything accordingly.

i mean, IT IS a lot of work, but it is nowhere near impossible. see FIFA.

I maybe thinking sometimes Konami need so much time, for the nice scripting they give us for free...

:BLEH::LOL:

There is a great making of from 2003 regarding the development of PES 3. We haven't had more for at least 10 years, it's sad. And many of the POS2 developers are still on PES Productions today.
why tf does the crowd look better here than it does know
at least Konami was stepping in the correct direction

another thing they need to sort out is the mocap and get actual pros doing that
not a Sunday league player FFS
look here I can tell they use this same guy to do the mocap lol
the guy can't even keep decent control of the ball
if anything they should use lower players to represent lower players and use people that can actually do stuff skills and dribbling to a decent enough level so that when we play the better players don't feel sluggish and slow like lower-rated players which is realistic
I remember watching that shitty Leeds performance vs Crawley town away in the fa cup last week and noticed how bad most of the Crawley player's techniques were in comparison to Leeds but they still destroyed them.
my point is that its been years and player movement animations feel so slow and sluggish
why does a la coquetta with a decent EPL player takes 10 years for the animation to pull off then by the time it finished your player gets clamped up
It makes no sense

I'd say that PES does a good job with faces, balls and boots which is something they update all season with the DLC (although players with generic faces look really bad)

That's because there's very bad face editor keeped from Windsor when they recruited.... Otherwhise you would have a better utilisation of the IG tool.
Someone purposed me as a face editor but they said "we got already enough guys... perhaps for PES 2023". "...
Yeah but very careless or bad facemakers, and tons of random players not bad IRL but untouched faces since PES 2016 practically.
They need better facemakers for the IG editor, but it seems we won't get that for PES 2022. On PES 2015-17 era facial traits weren't that visible.

But since 4K, and new lightening in PES 2019 to 21 (a bit less for PES 2018 but still) they need it. If you want to check a bit of my work, all Bundes except some already IG players are mine from last year. I don't base on a simple pic but check the player from every angle. Not only because of accuracy but also because it's easier to recreate like this, and face from the front are looking more accurate too when you take care of the side parts.

One thing that tilt me about facemaking is that from practically 95% or OF i tried they create faces like if it's a 2D model, without carying about the sides, the profile. It makes them looking like freaks of nature with +7 in chin and -7 in mouth depth lol. I saw a tons of it.
When you launch a game and there's a replay, you'll see a lot of freaks of nature. Well, it's less an issue regarding Konami side, but from many OF editors/facemakers. But ffs, just take a look if the player is looking human, i don't ask you to found a picture from the side for every player. You can also guess, there's tons of players you can see in others angles.

We play in 3D and and practically never see players from the front, so that's why i insist about it. For example, i mentionned it to ThiagoPes a long time ago, because they looked freaks from the side. He rectified it (somebody translated for me, i wanted to help) and now his faces are more than acceptable (even if i hate the 0/0/0 for hair, not natural)

Edit: the best facemakers i founded with the IG tool, i mean from Konami was (with some exceptions)... By recopying data from PESMOBILE J-league. Players should have probably been done in intern by the PES team itself.

Last edited:
I remember trying to apply to make faces for Konami a long time ago but didn't make it. I forgot that they've external IG facemakers.
The difference between faces done from scratch and from the in-game editor are becoming for jarring over the years, even more if it keeps being the same for the next/current gen (PS5/XSX). I'm not expecting for IG faces to be indistinguishable from the sculpted ones but textures need to be upgraded or they need to do something to make them feel more natural. I hope that progress can be made with the Unreal engine.

I'd say Pes always been good at stadiums,faces/boots are on par for sure.
But atmosphere and presentation is horribly bad,can't remember when Pes was "realistic" the last time?
Pes 13?
Thinking a new console and engine will fix that,I'm pretty sure it won't.
It's not really that important to them nowadays.

My only hope is better physics and no cheating some good damn inertia.
I'll take that over any cosmetics anyday.

Bro are you sure about it? I fears that they will stay on Unreal 4... The Unreal 4 is by far more flexible/customisable than Fox but the 5 is from another world on everything, it's a real NG engine. That would be pretty great.

And yes, like you said, the engine is the full Package. The Fox customised by Kojima for PES version (don't remember the name) was a whole package.
From menu to the rest. You can see that it's the same as PES 2014 replaced by logos etc., or the stadium presentation was identical. I don't think it's because they don't care at all. It was probably too much programming for simple stuffs. With Kojima improving year by year the engine, it would have been different for sure.

Even adding a simple feature like a new camera was from some sources pretty hard. About stadiums it was also pretty hard to create some from scratch, i mean in Fifa, there's a lot of stadiums make "at the eye" i don't know if it's understandable in english, but you should understand. Without taking all info regarding the measures of everything or scanning the whole stadium (which maked feels less authentic, but it's a good way for less known stadiums to create)
I suppose Fox system was pretty hardcore for stadium creation, with less liberty.

Now about UE, don't know about the "compatibility" between the 4 and 5, you can make a transition from an engine to another, but if it's not the case, we will stick with an outdated engine because "they mastered it (on mobile... so not really relevant)

Yes mate, I think other people have commented on it here but I don't think PES 2022 will use the new Unreal Engine 5 for many reasons. One thing is that the engine itself does not yet have an official release date, maybe it will be spring or summer. Yes, although it will be easy to upgreat from UE4 to UE5, I don't think Konami will do it, they will keep these "bullets" for PES 2023 and I think this will be one of their selling points for PES 2023, the real next-gen vision.

Yes Unreal Engine is great and there are many opportunities that if the PES team takes advantage of them we will have a great game with many improvements, but knowing Konami, they will let us have these improvements a little bit, every year.

another thing they need to sort out is the mocap and get actual pros doing that
not a Sunday league player FFS
look here I can tell they use this same guy to do the mocap lol
the guy can't even keep decent control of the ball
if anything they should use lower players to represent lower players and use people that can actually do stuff skills and dribbling to a decent enough level so that when we play the better players don't feel sluggish and slow like lower-rated players which is realistic
I remember watching that shitty Leeds performance vs Crawley town away in the fa cup last week and noticed how bad most of the Crawley player's techniques were in comparison to Leeds but they still destroyed them.
my point is that its been years and player movement animations feel so slow and sluggish
why does a la coquetta with a decent EPL player takes 10 years for the animation to pull off then by the time it finished your player gets clamped up
It makes no sense

Mocap

Motion capture is especially proud of being the highest peak. Overseas athletes differ from Japanese in terms of body shape, muscle attachment, skeleton, and range of motion of joints. Therefore, for motion capture shooting, we employ foreign actors from various countries and regions who have experienced soccer at a professional level. Shooting was carried out by laying artificial turf in a large studio and reproducing the pitch. Even with just one volley shot movement, how to use the body differs depending on the height, speed, and angle of the ball, so I am shooting while having the actors play in every situation with all their might. In the latter half of the shooting, the actors start to feel tired, but that is also valuable data. As an animation of the latter half of the game where the colors of fatigue begin to appear to the actual players, even the movements are realistically captured.

https://www.konami.com/games/career/2/

Game engines and technology do have an impact but for me the development team either don't understand football or that their philosophy is fundementally wrong. So even with a new engine and new console technology it is the same development team with the same lack of understanding of how football is played or flawed philosophy making PES2022 and therefore we will just see prettier game with the same flaws as previous versions.

We need shooting like in PES 3-6. IT can not be so limited as now

I thing shooting and passing did not have that realistic ball physics back then than now. But it had the variety and the dependance on stats balanced to perfections. Nowdays you only get satisfaction from passing and shooting when you play on manual with the real ballphysics. Stat based shooting and passing is not the goal anymore it seems for Konami either.

that looks class for a mobile game

Yep, I'm tired seeing the same Modes over & over again from Konami. I don't play ML or BAL for years but it's probably nothing much different from PSX/PS2 days. For PES 2022 i really hope konami introduce something new, maybe build our own stadium in ML ? ( mobile game can do this, lol )

Say what anyone want about FIFA atleast they tried to offer something new, The Journey... Volta... etc while PES ? It's either BAL or ML meh.

No idea, especially for random appearances, because it's not like FM, there's players faces too.
I suppose that at their first try about "no regens" system, we will gets some faces freaks of nature and some very weird names for sure haha

Its enough if they are like nba 2k regens, more than enough, and being editable from ingame like in MyLeague (or MyNBA how its called now).

And as for editing, everything thats been said the last 2-3 pages i agree with(dont want to quote everyone :D ). it just takes some common sense for Konami to add everything including infinite slots for fake league creation, or 50 fake unlicenced leagues, and you can check what you want in your Master League save and voila. And some sort of a sharing kits system like 2k has.

Lets say in theory they make it like this for PES 2022

Europe 55 slots
-5 licensed leagues
-15 unlicenced leagues(fake teams/players/kits/something)
-35 more blank slots(can create 35 leagues from scratch in edit mode/import via some kind of sharing system they make)

-Minimum you must tick 20 leagues to start ML, maximum 55.
-With 55 you have full qualifiers for europe via unlicenced CL/EL/Conference exactly how it is in real life (just not licensed obviously)
-With ticked 20 or something inbetween, it adapts european competitions and calendar to however much leagues are selected(yes i know it's a lot of work but they had a year :))) )

South America 12 slots
-4 licensed leagues
-2 unlicenced leagues(fake teams/players/kits/something)
-6 more blank slots(can create 6 leagues from scratch in edit mode/import via some kind of sharing system they make)

etc for Asia, Africa, North/Central America, Australia/Oceania

+ international competitions (some licensed some are not) which include Champions League, Europa League, Conference League, Club World Cup, Supercup, FIFA WC, Euro, CAN, Copa Libertadores, Nations League...)

Would everyone be happy? I personally would. Sharing OF, and edit mode would boom from everyone trying to insert their own league, patch makers also.

But...it's Konami. Hell i'd be happy with half of everything i wrote.

Its enough if they are like nba 2k regens, more than enough, and being editable from ingame like in MyLeague (or MyNBA how its called now).

And as for editing, everything thats been said the last 2-3 pages i agree with(dont want to quote everyone :D ). it just takes some common sense for Konami to add everything including infinite slots for fake league creation, or 50 fake unlicenced leagues, and you can check what you want in your Master League save and voila. And some sort of a sharing kits system like 2k has.

Lets say in theory they make it like this for PES 2022

Europe 55 slots
-5 licensed leagues
-15 unlicenced leagues(fake teams/players/kits/something)
-35 more blank slots(can create 35 leagues from scratch in edit mode/import via some kind of sharing system they make)

-Minimum you must tick 20 leagues to start ML, maximum 55.
-With 55 you have full qualifiers for europe via unlicenced CL/EL/Conference exactly how it is in FM
-With ticked 20 or something inbetween, it adapts european competitions and calendar to however much leagues are selected(yes i know it's a lot of work but they had a year :))) )

South America 12 slots
-4 licensed leagues
-2 unlicenced leagues(fake teams/players/kits/something)
-6 more blank slots(can create 6 leagues from scratch in edit mode/import via some kind of sharing system they make)

etc for Asia, Africa, North/Central America, Australia/Oceania

+ international competitions (some licensed some are not) which include Champions League, Europa League, Conference League, Club World Cup, Supercup, FIFA WC, Euro, CAN, Copa Libertadores, Nations League...)

Would everyone be happy? I personally would. Sharing OF, and edit mode would boom from everyone trying to insert their own league, patch makers also.

But...it's Konami. Hell i'd be happy with half of everything i wrote.
I would absolutely LOVE if they added the posibility of adding leagues were you can be promoted or get relegated. That would be a game changer.

But the question is will be a pes 22 next generation for PC users? Or just another season update, cause I am smelling there will not be new game for PC and they will excuse with PC has not powerfull and enought disk space like on new consoles

But the question is will be a pes 22 next generation for PC users? Or just another season update, cause I am smelling there will not be new game for PC and they will excuse with PC has not powerfull and enought disk space like on new consoles
There is absolutely no excuse for KONAMI if they end up making a mixed version. PC has full capacities to run games with good graphics, it would be a huge disappointment and it would probably end up hurting them more than helping.

Either I'm blind or I can't find any information about Pes 2022 from Konami at all at the moment. Except for the teaser trailer.

There is absolutely no excuse for KONAMI if they end up making a mixed version. PC has full capacities to run games with good graphics, it would be a huge disappointment and it would probably end up hurting them more than helping.
I see many problems for example to develop a standart game for both consoles which share same hardware and not for PC which can have many set ups and different hardwares will save a lot of time, budget and human work and knowing how lazy is konami its not crazy to start to think they took this option to save a lot of money and time, besides they easily could say we wanted everybody could play new pes 22 on new consoles running 100% capacity and thats an option pc did not give us as there are many different hardwares so new pes 22 could nnot be played in some PC cause lack of space in disk and capacity to run the game, profits would be the same cause most of profits comes from consoles version, so its not crazy to start to think pes 22 on pc would be just a season update if they think this option was a success this year at least for pc users, I mean PES on PC version has been always limited by capacity of consoles, now they have more powerfull consoles they could say PC has not same capacity of consoles and that´s why we release a season update on PC version or a mixed version which will not be the best for sure but yes would be a total lie and a betrayal from konami to pc community which has edited the game for many years to make it playable
Either I'm blind or I can't find any information about Pes 2022 from Konami at all at the moment. Except for the teaser trailer.
Is just a rumour but could be possible

All video games had excuse for 2021 but that can only work once, PC version has to be on par with ps5 version

I see you guys very sure that this port in ue5 will come out on pc (?)
2021.01.20-01.58.jpg

seeing the history of konami in the previous generation and the port for pc I do not expect it at least for pes 22

Back
Top Bottom