eFootball (All Platforms)

- the big point on mobile games is that are most free 2 play with 100% financing by ads and microtransaction...
- the second big point are licences, EA had them all, Konami had few and a new developer hat at first step zero, good 2k games are gone for this reason...
- third. on NextGen or PC you expect real nexgtgen in this time, im terms of physics and graphics, that not so the point on mobile!

Pes2022 in Unreal Engine 4.2 on PC ? iam not shure but wont wonder if not..., look in the past and they have corona for excuse!

Last edited:
I still expect corona to delay all their plans for a next gen Pes 2022. It will be another Season Update.

i highly doubt it... maybe no "Nextgen" PC Version but for PS5 and XBX it will be done with Unreal engine 4.2.

maybe no overhaul Gamemodes but minimum the Unreal blanket over PES2021 SU !

I really think they will release another season update for PC, if its not will be a mixed version, they have perfect excuses covid, budget, reduced staff for pes...they will have same profits anyways and they have never spoken about next gen on PC always on new consoles

yeah for PC that might be right, who knows but i dont think its a mixed Version. its Unreal or it stays Fox. Because, port the Unreal engine on PC is not that hard today than it was back to PES 2014 times with Fox engine.

the sales on PC for PES Series are so minimum compardes to consoles that PES Team of course focus the consoles. but on the other hand, Unreal is open source and really good to handle by a lot of people out there, Foxenginge was not !

hard to say i think it will be released on Unreal, maybe some less features like in the past but it will be Unreal.

and dont forget how many "from Sport on" or "complete new" Unrealengine in the NG Consoles are, is a complete different story...

Are there any news about the moddability of PES 2022? From my limited experience with UE4 games, it's pretty hard to mod basically everything that's not a texture. I believe it's gonna be hard to keep the current way of installing mods.

Are there any news about the moddability of PES 2022? From my limited experience with UE4 games, it's pretty hard to mod basically everything that's not a texture. I believe it's gonna be hard to keep the current way of installing mods.
I've heard this too. It'll be a damn shame with the truly amazing catalogue of mods & stadiums we've collected over the last 2 years.

I can imagine a lot of people will stay on 2021 just for the mods alone if there's no support on 2022.

Happens all the time when they or EA upgrade the engine to a less mod friendly one. We know people are still modding and playing 6, 2013, FIFA 14 & 16 etc.

They still have healthy modding communities if they still enjoy the older engines.

I hope KONAMI is considering a way to mod the game. They know how important modding is for their franchise. However, it's gonna be impossibile to reach the current modding capabilities.

I hope KONAMI is considering a way to mod the game. They know how important modding is for their franchise. However, it's gonna be impossibile to reach the current modding capabilities.
Totally agree with you mate even we do not know if there will be a sider

In my opinion, the PES modding community is the biggest and strongest. Perhaps only GTA mods are slightly closer to the capacity of the PES series, but even they are difficult to compare. We have a lot of smart guys here who will surely find a way to mod and Unreal PES . You all remembers what it was like when the FOX version came out, how difficult it was to modify even a scoreboard, it was almost impossible for the faces. But the PES community has managed to invent tools for almost every element, I'm sure we'll do it again, especially since there may already be tools for working with Unreal Engine games?

In my opinion, the PES modding community is the biggest and strongest. Perhaps only GTA mods are slightly closer to the capacity of the PES series, but even they are difficult to compare. We have a lot of smart guys here who will surely find a way to mod and Unreal PES . You all remembers what it was like when the FOX version came out, how difficult it was to modify even a scoreboard, it was almost impossible for the faces. But the PES community has managed to invent tools for almost every element, I'm sure we'll do it again, especially since there may already be tools for working with Unreal Engine games?
While we do have an inmense community, we can't forget that a lot of the knowledge comes from other communties, such as Metal Gear Solid V for some tools we use today. Skyrim also has an absolutely enormous modding community, same for other games. I think that KONAMI do think that modding community is ok, but they seem to like the Option File community more (for the PS4).

I've read on Reddit that Konami will be closing their development divisions soon (well... Before a moderator removed the post, that is).

Now all I can find are these links (one is directly from Konami) in which it looks like they're "dissolving" their dev divisions (but nothing prevents them to be merged into something else):
https://www.cbr.com/konami-shut-down-production/
https://www.konami.com/games/corporate/en/news/release/20210115/

(by the way, this was the original Reddit link I was sent): )

Any chance they're merging them into a single one, and letting go/discontinuing some games in order to "push" the most famous one(s)?
Do you think this would affect PES in any way?

I've read on Reddit that Konami will be closing their development divisions soon (well... Before a moderator removed the post, that is).

Now all I can find are these links (one is directly from Konami) in which it looks like they're "dissolving" their dev divisions (but nothing prevents them to be merged into something else):

Any chance they're merging them into a single one, and letting go/discontinuing some games in order to "push" the most famous one(s)?
This could be good or bad?

I've also heard a lot of conflicting reports that it's not how a lot of outlets make it sound.

IGN are one such outlet reporting that it's an internal restructuring and many others are if you simply google Konami in Google News.

https://www.ign.com/articles/no-konami-hasnt-shut-down-its-gaming-division

This could be good or bad?
Good, I think.

As @MafiaMurderBag said, I also expect them to dissolve the three divisions to merge them into a bigger one... And no way they'd say goodbye to the income PES (and especially MyClub I guess) brings them. They'd be fool.

So what I expect is that they'll maybe discontinue some "not so famous/not so fruitful" games to concentrate on the bigger ones (PES included).

The only good thing coming from the pandemic is that their pachinko and gambling machine business massively shrinked, so maybe they are considering refocusing on videogames and consoles.

I don't see it as a bad thing, Konami already confirmed they are not closing.

In case they would be closing though, well, not a huge loss in my opinion. The state of Konami games these last few years has been terrible.

Well, their idea of "modding" the game is using the ingame edit mode. That one will surely stay in the game.

Well, their idea of "modding" the game is using the ingame edit mode.
Which, unfortunately, is quite limited compared to the current modding tools on PC.
As things stand, KONAMI could just focus on the UI and game physics and let the users literally create the content. Implementing a built-in Sider and open a dedicated space for mods in the Steam Workshop can be a smart workaround.
There are other games that works like this and it's a brilliant gimmick (Planet Coaster comes to my mind first).

Which, unfortunately, is quite limited compared to the current modding tools on PC.
As things stand, KONAMI could just focus on the UI and game physics and let the users literally create the content. Implementing a built-in Sider and open a dedicated space for mods in the Steam Workshop can be a smart workaround.
There are other games that works like this and it's a brilliant gimmick (Planet Coaster comes to my mind first).
Probably if they let this to users and they use licenses from fifa this could be a problem for konami

The truth about the changes in Japan and in eFootball PES

Brothers, first of all, if you read or watched something saying that Konami would go bankrupt or the PES would end, stop following this panderer who passed on such information. None of this exists, Konami just restructured its direction and, here, I will explain everything you need to know. To begin with, this internal restructuring at Konami had one main objective, which was to unify the promotion and production teams of its three studios. It justifies such an attitude as being "important to respond more quickly to the new demands of the game market".

Having said that, we can see that radical changes have taken place in Konami's management, especially with regard to eFootball PES. For a long time we thought that Hosoda and Adam Bhatti were the great mandachuvas of Pro Evolution Soccer, but they were not, there was a bigger fish.

Well, this big fish was Naoki Morita, the guy in charge of PES, Hosoda and Adam's boss. With the changes announced, Morita is no longer the Powerful Head of eFootball PES and, as far as I know, he was transferred to Europe. In fact, leaving Japan is a kind of punishment imposed by Konami, and so the CEO of the Japanese company didn't seem very happy with Morita's work at the head of the PES franchise. And this is good news, in my opinion. Well, with Morita's departure, Konami's note is very clear: Manorito Hosoda becomes the strong man of PES. As for Adam Bhatti, he was Morita's "sweetheart" and, according to sources, he doesn't enjoy prestige with Hosoda.

So, Adam shouldn't have an active voice in the PES franchise from now on, as we thought would happen after André Bronzoni left. On the contrary, he is weakened. On the other hand, Hosoda becomes even more powerful than he already was. Is this good news for us PES fans?

Well, for some people I've heard it's not necessarily good news. The concern is that Hosoda is very "hardheaded", wanting everything exactly his way. So, our sources are betting on an even deeper change than we expected from eFootball PES 2022 but, unfortunately, they are not betting on changes for the better.

Thus, the vision of those around us is apprehensive with the amount of change and, especially, with Hosoda's personality. However, I as a mere mortal out here, I think it doesn't get any worse... We have already suffered so much with PES, it is not possible that our situation will get even worse.

Besides, I believe that Hosoda, now in a much bigger position, will be forced to be more thoughtful and less centralizing and hardheaded.

Source: https://www.we-brothers.net/konamileaks-mudancas-efootball-pes/

A whole lot of nothing and things that could be completely false.

it could be complete right! we have to stop see such transformation negative, we all know the situaton by konami for years and we all know that konami had do a lot of things wrong. such massiv consolidation could be the right way that they focus on the last AAA title they have.

maybe thats the right step to be more professional in terms of development, marketing, time for qualitycontrol and updates in the future.

i did a lot of rant for konami the past decade but PES 2022 with unreal could be the start of something really big.

Back
Top Bottom