eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Do you have a 60hz monitor or 144hz?

Playing on a 144hz gsync monitor. option 2 is close to unplayable.

Best for me so far is:

PES - V-Sync Off
NVDIA - V-Sync On, Everything else default (still curious to see what the other settings can do to improve this)

But there's still some stuttering. Might have to go back to the old affinity thing again. Sigh.

Ryzen 2600x, Geforce 2070, XB271HU (Gsync)
Well, I'm on 144hz, Gsync aswell and Option 2 is the only option which gives me complete smooth Gameplay :D

Best for me so far is:

PES - V-Sync Off
NVDIA - V-Sync On, Everything else default (still curious to see what the other settings can do to improve this)

But there's still some stuttering. Might have to go back to the old affinity thing again. Sigh.

Well, I'm on 144hz, Gsync aswell and Option 2 is the only option which gives me complete smooth Gameplay :D

What version of the drivers and what resolution are you both playing with. It would be interesting to try and find what might be the difference here.

Why game updates (saving) System after every match? does it store anything other than the obvious stadium, season or match time?
does this System store any gameplay variables?
Currently I have set it as read only and experimenting.

Best for me so far is:

PES - V-Sync Off

60Hz
I tried everything pre and post patch, the best here is the new second option and window mode. It seems to be all over the place with people as we can see, just poor optimization (or none) by the developers.

touch wood but for me right now; all Nvidia settings restored to default and enable1 is doing fine. have not tried enable2 but dont need to at the moment

60hz monitor, i7 9700k, rtx2060 6gb and 16gb ram

Using the wonderful guide to revert game version in steam, I am playing the demo Version 1.0 (even before the V-sync option game version), night and day difference from final game, really enjoyable and fluid, final game is making me sick in its current state. I have never seen a company actively and enthusiastically trash their own product like Konami did with the final game!

How you do this you legend

If KONAMI develops a game that needs to be played like real soccer, i bet that it would be burried into oblivion and negative reviews. Because, as pesbul said, we are prone to play by muscle memory.
Like PES 5, like ISS. If this does not work, we gonna condemn the game as "unresponsive", "too slow", or "broken"
The funny thing is that now we want a sim game to look like real soccer, but can be played with 20 years old school approach and mechanics. So no hope there.
KONAMI took a risk with the modern and technically advanced PES 14, (which was unfinished), then reverted to the old school, stale and obsolete PES 2015, where everything was precanned, clunky, but responsive. Linear passes, linear shots, chopped animation in favor of responsiveness, even graphics and photorealism was toned down.
Then the reviews went up, and critics praised it.
So Konami understood. We want a modern PES 5.
There you go then.

PES 2018 is proof that they can make responsive and smooth looking animations and gameplay. PES 2020 demo was smooth and responsive too, but a full game is complete crap. Clunky awful looking movements, the response is not even better, somehow it feels even worse now.

If they wanted to make a game where the dribble is reduced to a minimum to feel more like a "simulation" then they did it in the wrongest and worst way possible.
In Real life players are not dribbling all the time, not because defenders have super-natural powers like emulating your every move perfectly in real-time, the professional football players receive specific tasks by the coach, need to complete in 90 minutes so that they have enough stamina during that time, based on their skills ...

Whatever, like I always say, since we have microtransaction and pay to win modes, there will be NEVER game that what is happening on the field is not contextual, it's base 100% of players' personal skills. Konami wants to have control ever ower your experience more and more, base on that how much we spend and tend to spend.
images

Well.. EA admitted they did it, not officially but by " Dynamic difficulty " patent, Konami does it 100% as well.

"We want a modern PES5"

Not sure if I agree here with the line of thought that is behind this message, because the old classics have plently of inertia and momentum, and still are very responsive to play. :THINK:

This is exactly what the newer games are missing.

Last edited:
PES 2018 is proof that they can make responsive and smooth looking animations and gameplay. PES 2020 demo was smooth and responsive too, but a full game is complete crap. Clunky awful looking movements, the response is not even better, somehow it feels even worse now.
This thread proves the opposite. Most people couldn't tell which video was demo or final version.
Most of these people was complaining that "demo was perfect, final is shit"
There is difference between demo and final for sure, but its sublte.
Not THAT HUGE making demo perfect and final totally shit
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/quiz-is-it-the-full-game-or-is-it-the-demo.80827/

This thread proves the opposite. Most people couldn't tell which video was demo or final version.
Most of these people was complaining that "demo was perfect, final is shit"
There is difference between demo and final for sure, but its sublte.
Not THAT HUGE making demo perfect and final totally shit
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/quiz-is-it-the-full-game-or-is-it-the-demo.80827/
If you are referring to the thread of videos and people to choose which one is final and which one is demo then that's terribly wrong. The difference can only be FELT when PLAYED and can not be differentiated by watching, I guarantee most will clearly identify which is which if they played each and then asked.
my 2 cent

If you are referring to the thread of videos and people to choose which one is final and which one is demo then that's terribly wrong. The difference can only be FELT when PLAYED and can not be differentiated by watching, I guarantee most will clearly identify which is which if they played each and then asked.
my 2 cent

I agree. My objection is that the difference is THAT huge, so demo was very good and final total crap.

If KONAMI develops a game that needs to be played like real soccer, i bet that it would be burried into oblivion and negative reviews. Because, as pesbul said, we are prone to play by muscle memory.
Like PES 5, like ISS. If this does not work, we gonna condemn the game as "unresponsive", "too slow", or "broken"
The funny thing is that now we want a sim game to look like real soccer, but can be played with 20 years old school approach and mechanics. So no hope there.
KONAMI took a risk with the modern and techically advanced PES 14, (which was unfinished), then reverted to old school, stale and obsolete PES 2015, where everything was precanned, clunky, but responsive. Linear passes, linear shots, chopped animation in favor of responsiveness, even graphics and photorealism was toned down.
Then the reviews went up, and critics praised it.
So Konami understood. We want a modern PES 5.
There you go then.

And what about the demo in comparison with all of these "modern pes 5's" in your opinion?

I agree. My objection is that the difference is THAT huge, so demo was very good and final total crap.
The difference is that big in online play though, the full game is absolutely awful online.

Far easier auto tackles with bigger reach from just holding R1+X, less responsive ball control/dribbling, less physicality and contextual shielding while dribbling and of course the hugely decreased number of fouls given all culminate in making it the worst online football game in many, many years.

If i knew the game was this, or even pes 2019 2.0 which would have been better

I would have download the game to play offline and waited for pes lite

You said this
"So Konami understood. We want a modern PES 5.
There you go then."

Modern PES 5 era was the PES 2015 and after era. Meaning that all the technology and innovation implemented in PES 2014 was discarded and gameplay was reverted back to "basics".
PES 2020 is surely a step forward, implementing 2014 technology as far as the old school standart gameplay approach allows.

With all the respect @ReiJaoRondo i think you are overreacting. Demo vs final game was always a subject of dispute every year, but sometimes led to massive hysteria with consipracy theories like "konami is keeping secret the good gameplay formula that had in the demo".
Demo was good, and felt good because it was something new and fresh (at least a new title with new features). Everything after some time becomes somewhat boresome and repetitive.
Also some minds are preset to think that "everything new is bad" so every update or fix "ruins the game"

Just to clarify. I don't say PES 2020 is perfect, its not even close. But is good, decent highly playable/enjoyable.
Like demo was.

Modern PES 5 era was the PES 2015 and after era. Meaning that all the technology and innovation implemented in PES 2014 was discarded and gameplay was reverted back to "basics".
PES 2020 is surely a step forward, implementing 2014 technology as far as the old school standart gameplay approach allows.

With all the respect @ReiJaoRondo i think you are overreacting. Demo vs final game was always a subject of dispute every year, but sometimes led to massive hysteria with consipracy theories like "konami is keeping secret the good gameplay formula that had in the demo".
Demo was good, and felt good because it was something new and fresh (at least a new title with new features). Everything after some time becomes somewhat boresome and repetitive.
Also some minds are preset to think that "everything new is bad" so every update or fix "ruins the game"

Just to clarify. I don't say PES 2020 is perfect, its not even close. But is good, decent highly playable/enjoyable.
Like demo was.
I dont think im overreacting because of how good the demo really was and because of the gap i see between the demo and the final product. I think heres its a place with more experienced players and ppl that know a thing or 2 about the real life game. A topic like the one with the mods and dts having that many pages can be a testimony of the huge gap between the two.

Especially in terms of speed of the game, "responsiveness", dribbling, etc

Dont get me wrong i tried with the gameplay as it is now, on ML and online, but i found even the wins not enjoyable at all. The amount of scripting its a factor, so i went and played a lot of friendlies with really good players, won some, wasnt a good experience. I went to 850 points on myclub, beated a top25 guy on pc and like in pes 2019, if it was an enjoyable experience i could look past the flaws of the game.

If it was up to me i would rather play online friendlies, with lets say 50 teams to choose from, with the demo gameplay than have this full game

One example its how impossible it is now to play with a high defensive line
ppl will just press triangle the whole game and wait for PA3 to do his magic
In the demo you could play possession game and tiki taka. Try to get the ball back as fast as possible and have patience. Some handicap would kick in if you had an 60%+ ball possession, but it was manageable.
But also you could set a team like juventus for mortal counter attacking.
Now because the ai doesnt react to feints etc and why you can simply press X and run thru players, smaller and skillfull guys like sterling are almost useless

Why game updates (saving) System after every match? does it store anything other than the obvious stadium, season or match time?
In SYSTEM00000 are stored ALL the informations related to our prs games life (may he's played goals done/taken victories losses draws...
etc). This file drive CPU behavior during games. Usually mine is set to read-only. Before I start a ML I create a new SYSTEM000000.

In SYSTEM00000 are stored ALL the informations related to our prs games life (may he's played goals done/taken victories losses draws...
etc). This file drive CPU behavior during games. Usually mine is set to read-only. Before I start a ML I create a new SYSTEM000000.

So I wasn't wrong when I feel CPU overtime plays differently (more headless chicken approach)!

the system00000 file is your personal settings ie. game speed, graphic detail, audio settings and difficulty setting and all that.

I think it might also contain info about your current save, how many hours you have played so far, your network settings and all that kinda stuff, too. Although not 100% sure

Isnt it the controller being on the cable or not? Heard something about it once..
You can set a gamepad to communicate via USB as opposed to wirelessly and get an incredibly slight increase in responsiveness. You can even do it on PS4 via the system settings. It helps in games that are incredibly sensitive to responsiveness (e.g. The Golf Club series) but I don't think it'd make a difference for PES if I'm honest!

Back
Top Bottom