eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Oh come on guys, how do you find Pes 18 responsive? It was one of the most unresponsive game in terms of moving the players and was as bad as Pes 10.

Pes 19 and 20 felt equally unresponsive too. Pes 13, 06 and 08 felt very fine though, very crisp and fast response while moving the player.

While Pes 17 was responsive too [havent played pes 15 and 16], the animations still felt floaty and jelly like, so it didn't felt right at all. Personally I find the animation of Pes 17 and animation+responsiveness of Pes 18-20 some of the worst even though animations are more realistic in current games.

You can set a gamepad to communicate via USB as opposed to wirelessly and get an incredibly slight increase in responsiveness. You can even do it on PS4 via the system settings. It helps in games that are incredibly sensitive to responsiveness (e.g. The Golf Club series) but I don't think it'd make a difference for PES if I'm honest!
yeah i heard about it but never had a ps4 or used a wireless controller so..

Guys, sorry for asking this in a wrong thread. But I have been searching for Skybet championship scoreboard from couple of days, I could not get it till now. I dont know if it is created or not. So if any of you came across a patch for it, can you please tell me where can I get it from?

Oh come on guys, how do you find Pes 18 responsive? It was one of the most unresponsive game in terms of moving the players and was as bad as Pes 10.

Pes 19 and 20 felt equally unresponsive too. Pes 13, 06 and 08 felt very fine though, very crisp and fast response while moving the player.

While Pes 17 was responsive too [havent played pes 15 and 16], the animations still felt floaty and jelly like, so it didn't felt right at all. Personally I find the animation of Pes 17 and animation+responsiveness of Pes 18-20 some of the worst even though animations are more realistic in current games.
You must ... joking.. right? I HATE 2010 but 2018 is one of my favorite games. 2018 brings me back to series since all craps were coming after 2013. PES2018 has great response and smooth looking animations and players movements + new coop mode. I have over 1069 hours on this game and I love it.

Guys, sorry for asking this in a wrong thread. But I have been searching for Skybet championship scoreboard from couple of days, I could not get it till now. I dont know if it is created or not. So if any of you came across a patch for it, can you please tell me where can I get it from?

No one has made it, yet.

You can set a gamepad to communicate via USB as opposed to wirelessly and get an incredibly slight increase in responsiveness. You can even do it on PS4 via the system settings. It helps in games that are incredibly sensitive to responsiveness (e.g. The Golf Club series) but I don't think it'd make a difference for PES if I'm honest!

I looked into wired Vs wireless on PS4 back in 2016. I think I concluded that the connection was still wireless but the wire provided charge. Maybe a system update since then has changed this?

yeah i heard about it but never had a ps4 or used a wireless controller so..

I use a PS3 controller on my PC for PES (After I finally had to retire my last working decent PSX Analogue/PS2 controllers through my ancient 4-way USB adaptor :( ). I mainly didn't bother using it in Bluetooth mode as it involves extra effort. But it might be interesting to see if it does make much difference...

I looked into wired Vs wireless on PS4 back in 2016. I think I concluded that the connection was still wireless but the wire provided charge. Maybe a system update since then has changed this?
It has. More here.

o7rpe2y.jpg

Apologies for the off-topic...

You must ... joking.. right? I HATE 2010 but 2018 is one of my favorite games. 2018 brings me back to series since all craps were coming after 2013. PES2018 has great response and smooth looking animations and players movements + new coop mode. I have over 1069 hours on this game and I love it.

No I'm not joking. Compared to Pes 06 and current fifa games, the player movement feels just too delayed in pes 18, 19 and 20.

Personally I hate that delay and it just turns me off.

No I'm not joking. Compared to Pes 06 and current fifa games, the player movement feels just too delayed in pes 18, 19 and 20.

Personally I hate that delay and it just turns me off.
I know what you mean, its the game adding more little touches and movements that you have no control over, and the running in mud sometimes. What ever happened to the precise movements/controls of PES 2006,2008,2013 and 2015?
The game is just so wishy washy now, sometimes ball control is tight and responsive, other times (all things equal) it just rolls away or your player just takes extra touches or does extra things, the whole experience just feels really inconsistent but its a deliberate inconsistency to sort of stop me from mastering the AI. Like adding in artificial randomness (which is actually very tightly controlled by the AI) and call it realism.

I don't understand why so many like it, it's a really infuriating game simply because your controls are so inconsistent and I'm somehow supposed to think "ohh yea that's the realism".

Doh!

Last edited:
I know what you mean, its the game adding more little touches and movements that you have no control over, and the running in mud sometimes. What ever happened to the precise movements/controls of PES 2006,2008,2013 and 2015?
The game is just so wishy washy now, sometimes ball control is tight and responsive, other times (all things equal) it just rolls away or your player just takes extra touches or does extra things, the whole experience just feels really inconsistent but its a deliberate inconsistency to sort of stop me from mastering the AI. Like adding in artificial randomness (which is actually very tightly controlled by the AI) and call it realism.

I don't understand why so many like it, it's a really infuriating game simply because you're controls are so inconsistent and I'm supposed to think "ohh yea that's the realism".
That "realism" that only kicks in if you are not buying coins or if you setted the game for a higher difficulty and have 60%+ ball possession...

its less responsive than some of the games the other users mentioned, but still more responsive that the current one imho, it lacks the player weight thou, which brings us back to:

"We want a modern PES5"

Not sure if I agree here with the line of thought that is behind this message, because the old classics have plently of inertia and momentum, and still are very responsive to play. :THINK:

This is exactly what the newer games are missing.

the current game has the weight etc right, but not the response

That "realism" that only kicks in if you are not buying coins or if you setted the game for a higher difficulty and have 60%+ ball possession...

thats online gameplay, which apparently, almost no one is playing on here, especially the pc version, i do, and i can tell you stories that are unbelievable but lets not go there..
online especially myclub is the most broken and unbalanced and unfinished online pes that iv played

I don't understand why so many like it, it's a really infuriating game simply because you're controls are so inconsistent and I'm supposed to think "ohh yea that's the realism".

Yeah it's just unfortunate. The delay just turns me off. I can handle anything else but not the delay.

However, it really is hard to please everyone. Some prefers the delayed /inconsistent movements and others like me prefer the more precise movements of pes 06, 13 etc.

Ideally having an option to change the delay duration/ inconsistency would solve all these issues. But that would also break the AI balance. So we probably won't be seeing that either. But who knows, maybe they will add that option in later games.

Or they could just get the demo back and start from there

But "they fixed a lot of bugs from the demo so its impossible" according to the dev team... Idk who falls for that...

Even me being a programmer in a 200 thousand ppl city in brazil use versions on any code, imagine konami...

If you want to see the inconsistency in action just pop it on training (free training) put it on professional difficulty and give the opposition 2 players (the keeper and a defender) then bring the ball into their box lining up with the defender and create some attacking patterns of play (solo stuff like tricks/feints and touches NOT passing) and you'll quickly begin to see some ugly patterns of inconsistency emerge:

Examples include:
- Defender given ability to catchup and overtake you even though he's way behind
- Your movements suddenly made slower so defender can take the ball
- Extra touches you didn't employ
- Trick inconsistency or just not working altogether
- Defender just sticking to you (or staying off you) whilst you trick or feint then just takes the ball when you try to advance. i.e. tricks/feints/inertia mean nothing!

… to name but a few.

In fact, I even started fouling the defender (because in training you can get away with it and play on!) to see what would happen and even though at times I would literally crunch him to the floor there where many times he would instantly recover AND STILL MANAGE TO GET THE BALL!!! The AI inconsistency and weirdness really kicks in here.

But it's real evidence of how the AI responds to you getting into attacking positions. I mean sure I was able to take it around him now and again but for the most part everything felt wishy-washy and inconsistent. It's a microcosm for how the AI is programmed to deal with pressure once you're near their box.

It's just really sad that this is how they maintain difficulty by turning this stuff on and off and it's killed the game which is really sad given the sheer potential of the game. I mean, I really want to move on from playing some of the older PESs but I can't because PES2020 is so inconsistent (but consistent in it's inconsistency, ironically enough).

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I googled and tried some things out, but I just can't fix my problem with stuttering and lags in the (offline) game. It seems that the rate of my monitor and the rate of the game mismatch and therefore I have those problems.
I already checked and tried all VSYNC options, but none of them worked (some even made it worse).

Main problem for me is, that my monitor is from LG and supports freesync, meanwhile my graphics card is from nvidia and supports G-sync. So I can use neither of them.
Has anyone an idea what else I could try?

Is it only me.

I just can't play a game online at all - it crashes in the first half EVERY time. my ranking has gone down significantly because of all these disconnections.

Has anyone been able to play successfully?

Main problem for me is, that my monitor is from LG and supports freesync, meanwhile my graphics card is from nvidia and supports G-sync. So I can use neither of them.

Nvidia supports freesync, but it depends on the monitor how good it runs, not sure since which driver version but its avalaible as an option.

Has anyone been able to play successfully?

heh sure, id suggest to manually forward/trigger ports for pc version and for console not sure, maybe put the console as dmz server in router
(but there has been reports that the matchmaking is a bit broken, heard that on some streams (ps4)

It's just really sad that this is how they maintain difficulty by turning this stuff on and off and it's killed the game which is really sad given the sheer potential of the game.

When you look at few parts of the game and bring them all together one can say that Konami does have a low attention to detail. One of many other examples would be the pitch,we see it all the time - entire thing is made out of tiles with tons of textures that are not needed at all. They should switch to two year release cycle. Make money from online players during that time.

Nvidia supports freesync, but it depends on the monitor how good it runs, not sure since which driver version but its avalaible as an option.

It also depends on the card. If you have for example an rtx 2060, 2070, 2080 etc then you can use g sync on a freesync monitor, provided you also update to latest graphics drivers. I think any cards before a certain model, maybe gtx10 series and no, it wont work

Having played a ton of this game this week, I can say it's the first modern PES I've enjoyed since '17. It's been good to see the context and inertia is back and is effective and it doesn't feel so passive to play.

I've been alternating with full manual and PA1 and while i'm a big ambassador of manual and it's extremely rewarding, PA1 doesn't feel as dissatisfying to play as sometimes you just want to be a bit more productive in a shorter amount of time. '19 was my least favourite FOX PES and i could only enjoy on manual as PA1 felt so cheap and hand holdy, I would zone out while playing. Here in '20, PA1 still requires some engagement and focus from me.

I still don't understand why there is even a need for PA2 or 3 though.

My 2 biggest critiques are player switching especially on loose balls, This never used to be much of an issue on previous games but i'm finding that the game can't seem to decide which on of your teammates should appropriately chase a loose ball and you end up trying to correct it manually but by then, It's too late and the CPU has won possession.

2nd is the right stick finesse dribbling. Maybe i'm doing it wrong but i don't find it very intuitive and not very responsive. I often welcome revamping controls in games especially if they make sense but this is one of those examples that ui believe wasn't broke and they shouldn't have fixed.

Back
Top Bottom