eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Playing with klansman tactics and for my first time ever, top player, game is magical. All assited. Don’t see cheat bug, or comeback AI. I crush the shit teams and tight games with the top ones, in athletico madrid.

I was going to do these manually but ill wait for the patch in case it re-sets them all

This game is the Jekyll & Hyde of video games, its bipolar.

One game can be a beautiful representation of real world football, the next can be a complete shambolic mess with insane COM pressure all over the pitch, your players being smashed to the ground with ease, COM players with superhuman strength able to hold off 3 of your own players, COM players able to play for the full 90 mins with no stamina issues whilst your own players stop making runs and limp about after 60 mins, 5 yard passes go astray every other pass, COM intercepts any pass in their own half, and the COM scores every FK and turn and shoot from edge of box goal.

You never know what you are going to get, its so frustrating.

multiplayer is only way to play sports games, i tried to warn you lads

like scripting i am proven right eventually

Ive not played online once and loving offline this year - last time i played online some idiot were playing 7 up front - it was crap - only multiplayer i would entertain is in the same room with a second pad

Ive not played online once and loving offline this year - last time i played online some idiot were playing 7 up front - it was crap - only multiplayer i would entertain is in the same room with a second pad
as i said local multiplayer(2 pads same room) is only place pes shines these days

Last edited:
Stop being a clown about it, please. Thank you.
not being a clown. this thread is full of many people who are lambasting single player so i am entitled to put forward my opinion that local multiplayer is where its at.

people are free to like whatever mode they do and i am free to say which i like or dislike. i dont see people getting warned for dissing online play. what mode do you play i wonder tom?

not being a clown. this thread is full of many people who are lambasting single player so i am entitled to put forward my opinion that local multiplayer is where its at.

people are free to like whatever mode they do and i am free to say which i like or dislike. i dont see people getting warned for dissing online play. what mode do you play i wonder tom?

You've made your point (in a very condescending manner which is why you've been told off), now just leave it at that. This isn't up for discussion. Drop it, please.

not what I said though, offline is great this year
Great is stretching. I'd say that offline has 'showed promise' but ultimately fails in many departments yet again.

We've got people having to reverse the game's update, or going through every club's tactic and changing them completely just to enjoy PES 2020. Then there's hundreds of examples of bug's posted over on Reddit. Actual video evidence of the same old BS like forcefields around players so you can't get to the ball etc. No fouls (or hardly any fouls). You never get awarded penalties, even if you're assaulted in the box by the AI defender.

And if you're like me and don't have the time to pour into changing every team's strategy/tactic/formation etc, then most clubs will play with a low block, a huge gap in midfield and an attacker who the AI will hit with one perfect long pass every single time.

Offline still needs a lot of work and we're still talking about the same glaring issues the game has had for years now.

not what I said though, offline is great this year

Amen to that.

Stats matter to a decent extent for the first time in all this gen. There IS randomness, there is variety and there is a difference in playing against different teams. Master League isn't Football Manager but it's surely better than the latest years.

Nothing wrong in saying it feels great and needs work.

Amen to that.

Stats matter to a decent extent for the first time in all this gen. There IS randomness, there is variety and there is a difference in playing against different teams. Master League isn't Football Manager but it's surely better than the latest years.

Nothing wrong in saying it feels great and needs work.
exactly, at the end of the day it's what you as a gamer get out of it. My benchmark was pes 17 that I consider the best footy game that I can remember this tops it on all levels. I have a family so I get an hour every other day to play, maybe if I was playing 3 to 4 hours per day like I did when I was younger I might see other flaws but I don't, not sure what's going on this year on this forum it's like people try to convince you not to enjoy it.. Its wierd

if some enjoy offline that's great, some like multiplayer, great too!. not everyone has to agree on what they like best

if you feel you are in the minority in liking a certain aspect then just be thankful you love it i say

Anyone else’s edited data image files (pesuniverse) completed disappeared from their saved edit file? Just booted up Master League and all my strips, emblems and Team Names are back to the default ones!

Anyone else’s edited data image files (pesuniverse) completed disappeared from their saved edit file? Just booted up Master League and all my strips, emblems and Team Names are back to the default ones!
You didn't accidentally delete anything? The game reverted to vanilla?

Great is stretching. I'd say that offline has 'showed promise' but ultimately fails in many departments yet again.

We've got people having to reverse the game's update, or going through every club's tactic and changing them completely just to enjoy PES 2020. Then there's hundreds of examples of bug's posted over on Reddit. Actual video evidence of the same old BS like forcefields around players so you can't get to the ball etc. No fouls (or hardly any fouls). You never get awarded penalties, even if you're assaulted in the box by the AI defender.

And if you're like me and don't have the time to pour into changing every team's strategy/tactic/formation etc, then most clubs will play with a low block, a huge gap in midfield and an attacker who the AI will hit with one perfect long pass every single time.

Offline still needs a lot of work and we're still talking about the same glaring issues the game has had for years now.

Same shit as always, year by year.. Bullshit game.. :D :D. I sadly pay it and play 1 ML season, and that's it,no more.

@slamsoze you play some myclub right? i think you mentioned spins were more expensinve (10K in 2018 is now 25K).....but I want to ask you did they get rid of player slot caps that you had to expand with GP....and that annoying thing when you wanted to play and you'd then be told you couldn't because your scouts slots were full?

Doing a konami cup on top player all my games have been 1 nils, 2-1s etc... This is 2nd leg quarters I'm 2 1 up from 1st leg home leg. I won't give score away just watch, insane game and vey uncommon

Just had a few games online, and I honestly don't think I've ever wasted my free time on something as pointless. Pressure whores everywhere you look, nowhere to pass the ball without being pressured and dispossessed because response times are so piss poor. You have to play their brand of football (ping-pong passing) to stand a chance.

If I only played football games online (I include the other one here), this would be up there with the worst year for football games ever, for me. Seriously.

Makes you realise when you talk to a "normal" gamer, you're both talking about completely different experiences, even if you're talking about the same game. I won't be playing online again against randoms any time soon. Fucking dreadful.

@slamsoze you play some myclub right? i think you mentioned spins were more expensinve (10K in 2018 is now 25K).....but I want to ask you did they get rid of player slot caps that you had to expand with GP....and that annoying thing when you wanted to play and you'd then be told you couldn't because your scouts slots were full?
About Last question, yes they got rid. You have straight from beginning the max cap.: 1,000 I think?
The spins are a little bit complicated. It is 25k but you spin for 3 players not one. BUT , there is a BUT here... The old top agents is not worth to spin, it is a waste 9/10 times. Last year I didn’t use it, this year I used it only for specific position, I needed a GK, you know how it goes, the goalkeeper agent gives 100%, it is the only guaranteed position to fill a gap.
The collectors box, which is also 25k for 3 players , has a pool of 300 players each week and much higher possibilities to give you a decent player, although random position, I have already 5 gold&black GKs by now. But it usually gives good players. The problem this year is, you can spin only on Mondays and one more day, maybe Wednesday IIRC, the rest days you must use COINS to spin, it is 100coins for 1spin with 3 players. But this is a waste too, cause the coins are needed for features players where a gold-black is guaranteed. Basically it is a trap to grab money from those who buy coins!! :)
Furthermore Featured players used to be once a week, now they are about two times per week, which is a second trap to buy coins, cause you can spin them only with coins.

Back
Top Bottom