eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

GTA V and TLOU were/are examples of Triple AAA games. Brilliantly produced games with loads of content and they're still played by many to this very day. I'm not saying everyone liked these games, because they didn't. But they're examples of a Triple AAA.

Comparing PES 2020 to one of these classics is ridiculous and it's the sort of thing Adam Bhatti/Konami/Official PES thrive on reading because it means they can keep on churning out the same turgid titles year after year.

This series will never, ever reach the heights that most of us want to see whilst we still get people praising the latest installment with stuff like "potential to be a Triple AAA game". I'm sure you mean well and I'm happy you're enjoying the game (I'm envious in fact) but a 'Triple AAA' has quality, content, depth - it's the package.

PES 2020 is a million miles away from being that.

After all, It seems that the "gameplay is Key" mantra has always been used as a false marketing for KONAMI to bring the false illusion that they give all the Focus "on the pitch" while EA was all worried about silly stuff that had nothing to do with the game in action (on the pitch), wich was something that we excepeted tô easily.

We are also to blame for setting ourseleves tô disappointment with the false Creed that KONAMI cares só much about gameplay, wich is not true.

They only care about making money with myclub with a dumbed down gameplay accessible to anyone.

They cant even get the switching logic right. Come on...

Anyone else annoyed with some GK very short drop kicks, when in real life they would just through the ball by hands? Like this in this video on 00:15. There are even shorter than this (ignore the fact that not-Greg stole the ball here, it is usually homing to the reciever )

Yes. I've posted about it before but it's not mentioned enough in my opinion, because of all the bickering about the state of the game, this is unequivocally unrealistic and not up to debate. Same can be said of the arrowed rocket kicks out to the wings.

@PRO_TOO - this has been bugging me for ages: who is in your avatar, if not you??

GTA V and TLOU were/are examples of Triple AAA games. Brilliantly produced games with loads of content and they're still played by many to this very day. I'm not saying everyone liked these games, because they didn't. But they're examples of a Triple AAA.

Comparing PES 2020 to one of these classics is ridiculous and it's the sort of thing Adam Bhatti/Konami/Official PES thrive on reading because it means they can keep on churning out the same turgid titles year after year.

This series will never, ever reach the heights that most of us want to see whilst we still get people praising the latest installment with stuff like "potential to be a Triple AAA game". I'm sure you mean well and I'm happy you're enjoying the game (I'm envious in fact) but a 'Triple AAA' has quality, content, depth - it's the package.

PES 2020 is a million miles away from being that.
Very few AAA games these days are actually any good. PES not being AAA is good thing rather than bad. Wish Ghost Recon would not be AAA Ubi have ruined a brilliant series.

I have just finished a 25 min match i was Arsenal v Brighton, Finished 2-1 and i thought the game was incredible from kick off to the end with scoring a beautiful goal and my keeper making 3 incredible saves.That through ball :...

Honestly i dont think there is a better sports game gameplay wise released this year.

Last edited:
Very few AAA games these days are actually any good. PES not being AAA is good thing rather than bad. Wish Ghost Recon would not be AAA Ubi have ruined a brilliant series.

I have just finished a 25 min match i was Arsenal v Brighton, Finished 2-1 and i thought the game was incredible from kick off to the end with scoring a beautiful goal and my keeper making 3 incredible saves.That through ball :...

Honestly i dont think there is a better sports game gameplay wise released this year.
How can a game as simplistic, buggy, dumbed down and lacking in content as PES 2020 be referred to as ‘Triple AAA’ was my point.

Reckon PES 2020 is the first footy game to actually make targetmen useful.

Dzyuba is an absolute animal. Receive the ball into feet, roll the defender inside, smash bottom corner. Even with a touch of the baby elephant I know I can steamroller the defender.

Getting most enjoyment out of this playing direct on the counter. When you try and play through teams it just gets frustrating since they've increased tackling effectiveness. Hope the upcoming patch addresses that, demo was perfectly balanced IMO.

Has anyone of you managed to score a header from a corner? Almost two seasons in in my ML, still none, zero, zilch though I am constantly advancing Süle, Boateng, Martinez through attacking support (plus Lewandowski who isn't too shabby either). I can connect, but they are limp, floaty, slow, often casually collected by the keeper or simply cleared out by the AI. No one ever smashes it in running into the box with power and speed.

If you've managed, did you mark a receiver, select dash option, or just cross it in and when do you press and release the button?

Has anyone of you managed to score a header from a corner? Almost two seasons in in my ML, still none, zero, zilch though I am constantly advancing Süle, Boateng, Martinez through attacking support (plus Lewandowski who isn't too shabby either). I can connect, but they are limp, floaty, slow, often casually collected by the keeper or simply cleared out by the AI. No one ever smashes it in running into the box with power and speed.

If you've managed, did you mark a receiver, select dash option, or just cross it in and when do you press and release the button?

Depends on how the team has defended the first couple on what extra tactic I might pick (Dash is best against slow defence, 6-yard against short and so on). I like in swingers, but of on one side has a good CK taker, I might do an out-swinger. It is possible to score them with very little effort, but you generally need to adjust your players position a lot. It's natural (from previous games) to just want to aim the LS at goal and hit shoot with the ball coming in, but this generally will end up with your player stepping forward too far and end up under the ball, rather than with the ball between them and goal. Sometimes just holding away from goal for a moment before you then jump and header is enough. However, I will often super-cancel and move my play off very early and time my own run instead. My success is still only about a goal from a corner every dozen or so corners, but my success has certainly increased. It likely would even more if I didn't use a very strict signing policy for my ML and only just have one player with over 80 for ability (when picking players to send up for corners).

I choose dash and 6yard most of time. Sometimes I mark the outer pen area with R2 and try to hammer it in.
Had some goals from a header after a corner. Nothing to moan here.

I use the set piece tactics, SC when moving the recipient, and a lot of love when pressing the cross button. :D

Edit: try holding the LS up while giving 50-60% power. This is resulting in a straight hard corner kick. Aim like you always do.
If you have a guy taking a corner that has some curl in his foot; bend it like Becks! Press just left/right LS and curl it in. It will not be that fast as the one described before, but the curl makes up for it. Either versions can distract the AI and give you a chance of scoring.

Had a few beers so gimme a chance to get back on that later.
Bye.

Last edited:
Just wondering for piece of mind.. How many of you man mark key players every game?

The marking is good and the players are definitely marked by the defender you choose.

It's a little time consuming but was wondering if anyone else does it and how regular.

Just wondering for piece of mind.. How many of you man mark key players every game?

The marking is good and the players are definitely marked by the defender you choose.

It's a little time consuming but was wondering if anyone else does it and how regular.

Did it all the time in 19 (though mainly through the extended, situational settings, not the specific marking settings), haven't done it once in 20 (Top Player ML). Haven't had that many problems with it. The goals I concede are usually not due to someone being left unmarked but mostly of the receive-shield-turn-and-shoot kind of type.

I choose dash and 6yard most of time. Sometimes I mark the outer pen area with R2 and try to hammer it in.
Had some goals from a header after a corner. Nothing to moan here.

I use the set piece tactics, SC when moving the recipient, and a lot of love when pressing the cross button. :D

Edit: try holding the LS up while giving 50-60% power. This is resulting in a straight hard corner kick. Aim like you always do.
If you have a guy taking a corner that has some curl in his foot; bend it like Becks! Press just left/right LS and curl it in. It will not be that fast as the one described before, but the curl makes up for it. Either versions can distract the AI and give you a chance of scoring.

Had a few beers so gimme a chance to get back on that later.
Bye.

Thanks. LS up almost worked with Thiago onto Lewa who did a nice, powerful downward one, though missing the goal by an inch. It was probably the first convincing header from a corner I pulled since release.

I still think this could all be a bit more intuitive, easy and 'satisfying', at least on assisted settings. Obviously I don't ask for every corner resulting in a headed goal but the way it is now (and has been for a while), it's just a bit 'meh'.

I mainly only use it on a single central AM as I found that with my formation, my DM would sometimes drift too far forward onto the OPPs CMs and leave me 3 on two at the back centrally. Otherwise, I don't touch it.

Headers with manual shooting almost never have that floatiness that happens so often on basic. I score loads of them, especially with Haller in my West Ham league mode.

Maybe when using basic/advanced shooting, you could hold L2 and shoot for a manual header?

On corners I usually do an outswinger (holding up-diagonal for extra pace) to between the 6-yard box and penalty spot and have decent success. A bit of super cancel to get in front of the defender and press shoot fairly late.

Sometimes though when the cross isn't ideal to get a good powerful header on goal, you are better off knocking it down, flicking it on or setting up a shot on the edge of the box.

I use 'far post', wait til they're settled then hold up (no curl) and do 50% power at the penalty spot (or just to the outside). You'll have a player running from the back of the box towards you and roughly 80% of the time you'll have a chance! There is a a tactic/strategy which counteracts this but it works against most teams, it's almost a bit cheesy!

After all, It seems that the "gameplay is Key" mantra has always been used as a false marketing for KONAMI to bring the false illusion that they give all the Focus "on the pitch" while EA was all worried about silly stuff that had nothing to do with the game in action (on the pitch), wich was something that we excepeted tô easily.

We are also to blame for setting ourseleves tô disappointment with the false Creed that KONAMI cares só much about gameplay, wich is not true.

They only care about making money with myclub with a dumbed down gameplay accessible to anyone.

They cant even get the switching logic right. Come on...

I meant we accepted far too easily

Playing with klansman tactics and for my first time ever, top player, game is magical. All assited. Don’t see cheat bug, or comeback AI. I crush the shit teams and tight games with the top ones, in athletico madrid.

The AI in this game has to get sorted in the next patch, it’s up there with the dumbest versions of this game but one thing I love a lot about this game is the individuality which Iv never felt since the old days but that’s where it stops , it’s just disappointing the AI is very bad and scoring isn’t exciting at all to be honest, my best games have been 0-0 draws when the AI decides not to be stupid, if I’m gonna play this game long term this next patch needs to fix the player switching, AI alertness, spacing between defence and midfield,more smart individual AI runs and a lot less passing from defense straight to striker, if they fix all that il be more than happy to play it all year, but for now iv had enough and waiting for patch.

Once again i m convonced that biggest issue at current version is first touch control reponsiveness .. not all passes but some passes if ur player gets the ball while he is on moving .. for a 0.5 seconds u r unable to make any inputs... the ball control is not valid for a short time of period... and if cpu is playing aggressive instead of conservative .. it is impossible not to lose ball with a clean perfect tackle... it is frustrating that you have no chance to save the ball in that input delay.. i tried everything for first touch; r2, sombero, no touch, r1, fake shot etc.. but whatever u do there is always that delay... and quality of your player doesnt differ. Neymar or a shitty d2 player both of them that input delays on first touch... the only salavation is your opponent playing conservative tackling...
if this issue is not solved in upcoming patch.. i will edit all teams tactic and convert aggresive tackling to conservative...
i play fuma on ss so every seconds for ball control is crucial.. i checked demo today there is no issue like that.. it came with 1.2

How can a game as simplistic, buggy, dumbed down and lacking in content as PES 2020 be referred to as ‘Triple AAA’ was my point.
Saying PES AAA, would be a blasphemy IMHO. I would rate it BB+ or BBB. AAA for sports titles, i would say hardly NBA 2K, despite its issues the recent years, and without knowing other "sports" game very well, like baseball or UFC, WWE etc.
I think AAA is a combo of things, like production time, content, gameplay, graphics, price, quality etc, like GTA, Red Dead, Cyberpunk etc, etc.
Not even KONAMI has ever considered the PES series, a AA/AAA scale title, as far as i remember.
Not arguing with anyone, just adding it as a thought.

And something more relevant. Does anyone have an OF for PAS league, with a map.txt where it states which teams goes on which? I want to make a mix-and-match Asia-Oceania league, with Australian, Arabic, Korean etc clubs, but most OFs do not note the teams replaced and combined with this year's remove of option to choose on which team you want to apply a TEAM.TED, it makes it really difficult to do an import. I only leaves you to do all stuff manually.

Pes has never been an AAA game even during Ps2 days.

It's a game that Konami has always produced with low budget and low number of developers.

The only AAA games Konami ever released belonged to Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill series, until Silent Hill 3.

mad e anice 11 min chant track mp3 for inter milan yesterday. its quite fun. even added a fifa 20 intro lol

although pes commentators will need to be off to hear them and i dont want them off all game long :(

This game is beyond infuriating at times :CURSE: picture the scene, AI striker on the D of the box, defender slightly behind diagonally, time for a desperate risky slide tackle *presses slide* what do I get? A weird half attempt at a standing tackle, shot rockets in top corner, did I press X? Nope. Where's my slide tackle... COMPUTER SAYS NO, COMPUTER MUST SCORE. What a load of bollocks. :LOL:

*PS button*
*close application*
*eject disc*

Sanity preserved.

multiplayer is only way to play sports games, i tried to warn you lads

like scripting i am proven right eventually

Back
Top Bottom