eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

to the guys changing stats :

- will there ever be some sort of downloadable file to change stats or we have to do it manually?

- there are 3 matchups I like to play : Spurs v Barca; Spurs vs Juve; Juve vs Barca

so what stats have you changed for the likes of Kane, Messi and CR7 that'll make me feel like I'm actually playing with Kane, Messi, CR7?

I want to playtest your changes over the weekend.

thanks

I changed as i mentioned above more than 1300 players so far. I put hìgher stats on Top Players...like in my DB Mbappe reached 91 Overall for example...Neymar has still 92 but i increased some stats like Dribbling, Tight Possession, Ball Control, Body Control...sometimes you have still "space" to work without change the Overall if you think the value is right for you.

I got Icardi for example that at Psg is doing well and despite last year in Italy(i'm italian so i know how he has played)in this season he has started very good in France. His stats in my Db are like "OFFENSIVE AWERNESS" 94 and "FINISHING" 93 i didn't decrease him...or i have Kane,Lewandowski,Aguero above 93 in Finishing (CR7 and Messi are higher)...or i increase stats of Technique for players like De Bruyne,Silva,Pjanic,Modric,Luis Alberto,Verratti,Hazard,Manè,Salah, and many more

Depends what you want try to get from the game....for example i modified also more than 400 GK...i put less "JUMP" to avoid to see them fly like Superman, or i decrease stats as "CATCHING" "GK REACH" for example...more higher stats on "GK REFLEXES" for example, and try to get the balance in "GK AWERNESS" :)

I changed as i mentioned above more than 1300 players so far. I put hìgher stats on Top Players...like in my DB Mbappe reached 91 Overall for example...Neymar has still 92 but i increased some stats like Dribbling, Tight Possession, Ball Control, Body Control...sometimes you have still "space" to work without change the Overall if you think the value is right for you.

I got Icardi for example that at Psg is doing well and despite last year in Italy(i'm italian so i know how he has played)in this season he has started very good in France. His stats in my Db are like "OFFENSIVE AWERNESS" 94 and "FINISHING" 93 i didn't decrease him...or i have Kane,Lewandowski,Aguero above 93 in Finishing (CR7 and Messi are higher)...or i increase stats of Technique for players like De Bruyne,Silva,Pjanic,Modric,Luis Alberto,Verratti,Hazard,Manè,Salah, and many more

Depends what you want try to get from the game....for example i modified also more than 400 GK...i put less "JUMP" to avoid to see them fly like Superman, or i decrease stats as "CATCHING" "GK REACH" for example...more higher stats on "GK REFLEXES" for example, and try to get the balance in "GK AWERNESS" :)

thanks. the thing is would I have to modify such a large amount of players to see the differences?

lets keep it simple....messi and cr7. 2 players. what are the stats and traits needed to make them play like IRL in a barca juve exh mode match?

[unfrtunately i don't understand the pes 2020 trait/stat system enough nor do i keep track of juve barca IRL matches to make accurate modifications myself]

yep. shockingly, the foul system is worse now! Its heavily biased against user controlled teams. ive won many pens that get called as free kicks for the goalie. The patch is a disaster
I had Salah skipping through he was absolutely blatantly checked by the cpu and I lost the ball no foul. 5 minutes later I had Salah on the edge of the box, he wiggles away into the box from a challenge in on goal and the cpu ref pulls him back for an identical foul I described previous.

I need to upload it but I've got the absolute worst case of not getting a pen with firmino who's in on goal, rounds the keeper who just takes him out with his leg and the defender clears, no pen.

Exhibition mode! :)
I've literally been doing exhibitions for the past 5 years haha.
I need to mix it up i feel. Need a less scripted competition so that's actually more emphasis on games.
I always do the main games of the leagues/champions league so need to mix it up.

Right. New patch. It was a bit rough for me, coz IMO it brought both good and bad things into the game and for the first few hours - it was mainly bad that I kept seeing.

First of all - passes got sped up. Which, as a result, made the game more hectic.
Wasnt sure if it was my way of playing that was causing it, or not, so I chose not to say anything here until I give it some time.
At some point it got so bad that I had to drop speed to -1. And -1, even tho it was nicer to play, felt too slow.
That got me really worrying, coz there was a time when Pes20 was too fast on 0 and too slow on -1. As much as I can get used to not having many fouls, or skills not being great - if the pace of the game itself is bothering me - thats me fucked, coz I wont be able to enjoy it.

After good few games on -1 I went back to zero and decided to take a step back and focus on AI to see what changed and how I should deal with them.

(All the games were played in MasterLeague, full manual, professional)

Thats when I started noticing good things.
Most important - AI. Its more human after the patch.
Its difficult to describe, but they are more direct by being... less direct.
I said to someone while ago - the way they played at the back almost looked like they were being forced to play like this to give an illusion of build up. Almost looked like they were counting the passes.
"Ok, lads, remember - we need to have at least 7 passes at the back coz otherwise people will be moaning that there is no build up. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7.. ok - smash it to the striker!!!"
It looked and felt fake.

This is gone now. They play at the back, but now this is a build up. When they see a path forward - they will go forward. Most importantly - they usually choose to go ground. They have a proper build up from their half to our half by clever, ground passes. There are also long balls, obviously, but its also nicely varied and smart.

Unfortunately AI players are still carrying Crystal Balls in their shorts and are able to foresee most of our skill moved and their tackles are still very accurate without the element of doubt or hesitation. Finesse dribbling still feels useless most of the time.
I was able to dribble pass few of their defenders in a really nice way, but it felt like a freak accident rather then me achieving what I wanted to achieve.
Having said that - im still a bit "afraid" to get in between AI players and start dribbling, coz Im simply used to them abusing me all the time. So I did not test dribbling as much as I should.

Overall - it's a positive change. Just the learning curve might be rough with the ball speed and "ML chapters" playing in the background.

So people are now taking to spending the time manually editing all player stats, all team tactics and having to play the game in a certain way to enjoy it????

Good job Konami!
Ive no idea how stats improve it but I can say I've not needed to mod anything to enjoy it, the game is superb out of the box even more so with this new patch, the fluidness is another level.

Can I ask the community if it’s known that RS finesse dribbling is NOT to bypass an opponent?!
LS dribbling is (mainly) in combination with sprint! RS is just a way to make space, initiate a dribble. Or to take some time of the clock so that your team mates can get in position.
Another thing with RS is you can flick in some trick move while bypassing an opponent with LS.
RS is useful when needing half a meter of space to get a cross in (while the opponent is blocking your way) too, for example.

Sometimes i have the feeling we are talking about different things. :)

Can I ask the community if it’s known that RS finesse dribbling is NOT to bypass an opponent?!
LS dribbling is! RS is just a way to make space, initiate a dribble. Or to take some time so that your team mates can get in position.

By the time you "initiate" your dribbling - ball is lost. I know how to use finesse dribbling and I was able to pass opponents using it frequently in the demo. Now there is no point adding finesse dribbling to your moves as its a liability when AI is close.

So people are now taking to spending the time manually editing all player stats, all team tactics and having to play the game in a certain way to enjoy it????

Good job Konami!

thing is if the foundation is there for a fantastic customisable game then that is indeed a step up from anything we've had before and i'm more than pleased to see this opportunity happen in this gen.

its about time.

(but yeh - I still need to see/feel the proof so i'm waiting on the personal stats/traits of CR7/Messi to see exactly what these guys are talking about)

By the time you "initiate" your dribbling - ball is lost. I know how to use finesse dribbling and I was able to pass opponents using it frequently in the demo. Now there is no point adding finesse dribbling to your moves as its a liability when AI is close.
When AI is close i use RS to get out of tight situations. For example when stuck between 2 opponents, use the sole of your shoe to roll the ball sideways or backwards, then use LS to get by. Again, it’s just a small part of getting by an opponent.

Anyway. I don’t see a huge problem here.
I’m currently playing and having fun. :)

Maybe I’m wrong but I can only tell what I see on my screen!

When AI is close i use RS to get out of tight situations. For example when stuck between 2 opponents, use the sole of your shoe to roll the ball sideways or backwards, then use LS to get by. Again, it’s just a small part of getting by an opponent.

Anyway. I don’t see a huge problem here.
I’m currently playing and having fun. :)

Maybe I’m wrong but I can only tell what I see on my screen!
Most weeks I've seen minor improvements in game-play. I haven't seen dribbling get that much easier until the last week. Players are certainly 'buying' simple tricks more than before. Also, holding players off has either improved in the last week or I've had a moment of clarity. I could hold off players before, but now I'm finding you can use strength to turn players more easily and have even 'bundle-dribbled' balls in the box (think classic Luis Suarez) which just usually ended in a stumble before unless I was very lucky.

I have to say, I’m not seeing a faster game and I’ve tried all the speed options. -2 is like playing on cement, -1 is a player towing a caravan and 0 is not bad, but I still feel that the ball moves too slow at times and there aren’t moments of slow play then a fast burst where the game explodes into life, which is how football is played. The sweet spot is +1 or +2 for me, the AI are smarter and as well as increasing the reactions of your player, it increases their reactions too. It’s not chaotic and played like players are on treadmills like you’d think, it has a nice balance to it and feels closest to an actual top flight football game to me.

I will also say though, the speed is dependent on your camera angle. So if you have a closer angle (Think live game at the Bernabeu), the game will play quicker, but if you have a more zoomed out angle (think live game at Nou Camp), the game will play and feel slower.

I’m not seeing a faster game too. I’m good with regular speed right now. Very good.
Players take time to turn and what not, like in real life. Animations look nice.

@Emroth just a quick example from the match I play right now.
First I do RS sidesteps. Left than right than LS to get by. I do another trick with RS and another one... (wich was to much)! I like that he did a fault here. It’s not a Vegas show, it’s football. Should have stopped at 2 tricks. :D Should have been gone 2 times. ;)

Anyway... for you my friend, and for sure others that are interested, id set up a live steam with commentary now. Do you have time watch now?

Last edited:
As for winning fouls and penalties, you have to be smart. Quick changes of direction left and right, last second turns, turning 180 degrees when the opponent makes a tackle, they’re in there, you just have to know how to win them. Finesse dribbling is ok, but it’s pretty redundant, I just use shielding and then a change of direction more.

Fouls from goalkeepers are definitely mixed though, but I’d imagine that’s not the easiest to test and fix because contact from the keeper doesn’t happen often, as they’re in a committed relationship with that white line that runs horizontally across the goal.

But I guess you could say penalty decisions being mixed is eerily accurate to the game as it is today. Maybe that’s what Konami were going for..

But probably not.

As for winning fouls and penalties, you have to be smart. Quick changes of direction left and right, last second turns, turning 180 degrees when the opponent makes a tackle, they’re in there, you just have to know how to win them. Finesse dribbling is ok, but it’s pretty redundant, I just use shielding and then a change of direction more.

Fouls from goalkeepers are definitely mixed though, but I’d imagine that’s not the easiest to test and fix because contact from the keeper doesn’t happen often, as they’re in a committed relationship with that white line that runs horizontally across the goal.

But I guess you could say penalty decisions being mixed is eerily accurate to the game as it is today. Maybe that’s what Konami were going for..

But probably not.

People playing the game the wrong way!!!!!

giphy.gif

I know people laugh at that phrase and it sure ain’t 100% true.
But some people are not using the full potential of what the game offers. And some don’t play/think football.
People are not playing the game wrong but they sure ain’t playing it a 100% “right”! :P

Edit: yeah, @hitmanuk ! Different styles of play put a different light on the game. That’s why mine is shining a lot of the time! :D

Yeah, this "you play the game wrong" meme is getting out of control lol. There generally aren't still enough fouls, true, but Steve's suggestions are solid and you are more likely to get some more whistle if you play that way. Don't see how is that equal to say you are "playing it wrong".

@PRO_TOO are you able to beat players at full speed, using the right stick? Like,if you are on a counter attack and one-on-one with the last defender. In v1.4 I did this a couple of times successfully. Before, it never worked.

@PRO_TOO are you able to beat players at full speed, using the right stick? Like,if you are on a counter attack and one-on-one with the last defender. In v1.4 I did this a couple of times successfully. Before, it never worked.

Have you seen my video with Messi in the previous page?.
That's basically literally what I did.

Yes!!
Difference is: in full sprint you don’t hold RS alone!! Why would you wanna do a sole ball roll while sprinting?! This never happened in football irl!
While sprinting you can flick RS and do tricks and keep on sprinting.
There are so many layers and features. Just to use them when it’s appropriate is key!!

All good. :)

Every single game has exploits.
Doesn't mean you should use them.

I get that you were just testing it out last night, but if you were playing an actual exhibition game or ML or Cup... why would you do that?. Why would you do that to yourself?.
No, I get that.

I literally stumbled on this flaw while trying out a few feints on the wing. Realised that the AI didn't attempt to tackle me so then out of curiosity, waited to see if they would. They didn't.

What I find odd on this forum is how protective people are of Konami. People want a better game yet when people point out flaws, they're constantly told "you're not playing it right" or get asked "why would you play like this".

At the end of the day, we are paying £50 for a game that (although is very good) has some very basic flaws that should have been picked up during playtests.

Loving the new patch, legend, either vs matches or 12 min exhibition. The flow is as close to real life I've felt, the cpu plays some good build up, sometimes measured and sometimes counter. Since the patch I feel legend is fairer, but I'm still yet to win, but the fact they feel close to reality for 12 mins is keeping me going. As ever areas to be improved especially shooting, crossing & fouls but I'm very happy with how it's playing at the moment,.

In my cup on superstar as Liverpool I won my first 2 home games and thought it was a bit easy then away to Milan and Monaco I was ripped to bits :) 3 nil and 4 nil

In my cup on superstar as Liverpool I won my first 2 home games and thought it was a bit easy then away to Milan and Monaco I was ripped to bits :) 3 nil and 4 nil
:D awesome.
So here is my little side story: I do play crystal palace A LOT lately. They somehow grew on me. And i like to play the big EPL teams like Liverpool, City and United, Chelsea... even Arsenal. ;)
Sometimes I replay a match 2 or 3 times. And what i see with 1.4: the same team differs in how it plays. True to their original pattern but different. Sometimes they press red offense from minute 1, sometimes they go red offense late in the game while playing it cool for 60 min.!
I always have form arrows on random, so this different behavior is such a nice addition to realism for me. I think: hey, United got a bad day or hey Pogba scored an amazing long ranger top corner, he must have a good day.
I do check on the opponents form when a super duper goal was scored (that looked unfair). And a lot of the time it really shows a green form arrow. So that’s fine.

Anyway. I love how one team can really play different, depending “on their form”! Maybe it’s just PES inconsistency (?!).
I like to think of it as “form of the day”!
Is there an English word for Tagesform?! :D

Back
Top Bottom