eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

On any cam why is it there raining animation while its snowing? During every cut scene, replay there is snow.
Regarding Aggression you are right it is defende related stat. Pesmaster sorts it to def and most important, if you press the left touch pad on DS4, it explains what it is about, it is something about defence, don't remember the exact description .
What i do for these years "new stats" , when i create players for my OF, i go to their pes15 or pes14 version and i use from the combined abilities stats page : 1) for 'Tight Possession' the old stat 'Ball Retention' , i find it 75% accurate.

2) for 'Aggression' i use 'Intercepting' , it is not even 50% accurate, but is is the closest from rest combined abilities eith a defensive orientation.

As for rain and snow, if it is not due to my TV and brightness settings, it must be the biggest regression in weather effect graphics in pes history. Snow seems worse than the SNES ISS snowing, and rain is like some kind of mud is pouring from sky.

Last edited:
Ok, I get my copy yesturday heres my thoughts;

well is not that I dont like the game. Is not that its a bad game. Graphic and animation wise, the game is unbelieveble. I mean it. But, this 1.05 version feels more like a demo than the demo itself. I hammer X+R1 the entire match without commiting any fouls. My player is close to the ball carrier but nothing happens. X became some kind of auto joking.

All CPU teams play the same. Two touches all around the field. Trap and pass, trap and pass. Sometimes you cant get closer to the attacker. On the demo was more human like. The CPU traps the ball and look around, dribble or something. Perhaps konami have done this to decrease the fouls and goals scored on freekicks by the CPU.

TACTICS ARE REALLY BROKEN. No matter I push my players to mark higher on the field, no matter I set my team to play all attack, THEY KEEP DROPPING DEEP ON THE FIELD. Its impossible pressure on the midfield. Again I blame this on the effort to deacrease the phisicallity and the fouls.

And, what a heck now we always have two player inside the box on goal kicks? I always though that touching the ball inside the box on goal kicks was illegal.

Theres a way to unninstall the patches and revert it to vanilla again? I just got the game and today is my day off. I will hammer this all day. Perhaps I change my mind.

Cheers.

This cannot be the Daniel Henry from old WENB infamy ???
Do you watch football at all? Surely you'd know the rules changed a while ago and now you can have players of your own team inside the box for goal kicks.

My biggest gripe with the game currently, apart from fouls/ref logic, lack of long range goals being allowed, is the nerfing of dribbling, its almost impossible to dribble past a player in this game.
Momentum, Foot planting, physicality, stats overall are all ignored, the COM just reads your inputs every team.
Ruins the game play flow and is mega annoying.

My biggest gripe with the game currently, apart from fouls/ref logic, lack of long range goals being allowed, is the nerfing of dribbling, its almost impossible to dribble past a player in this game.
Momentum, Foot planting, physicality, stats overall are all ignored, the COM just reads your inputs every team.

Your experiences in this game differ greatly from mine.

Guys any tips in scoring from outside the box? Say 25 yards out running at the defence, I reckon I have got about 2in 2 ML seasons!!
I have goretzka and savic in my midfield who have all the long shot bells and whistles.

It seems like I'm wasting my time any time I take a shot from distance

They don't happen, they have been nerfed to the point that any long range shot from 25 yards plus just sees the GK dive like a salmon on speed, and flap the ball away.

Do you watch football at all? Surely you'd know the rules changed a while ago and now you can have players of your own team inside the box for goal kicks.

On Superstar... with a pacey and skilful player... its almost IMPOSSIBLE to dribble around a player... or to maybe turn and change direction to move away from a Defender etc.... Insta-tackle is RIFE as well when you play the ball into one of your attacking players feet, an AI defender comes charging up behind them... your player sometimes may stumble forward and the AI gets the ball! Happens all the fecking time and it really pisses me off! Other times your player doesn't stumble but instead... they FREEZE in place! Ball is then collected either by the AI defender that Insta-tackled you or one of his team mates. This is just pure AI Cheapness.

Meanwhile on Top Player.... its too easy to get past defenders and score the same goal a lot of the time. The AI balancing between difficulty levels is ALL OVER THE PLACE!

If never see long range goals online. And it's not that people don't try. Perhaps the goalies are set to Legendary or something online but they seem vastly overpowered.
IIRC the difficulty setting for online matches that the difficulty and duration is fixed aka OnlineDivisions and MC is regular.
I don’t have proof neither remember where I have read it.

Thats because we all know you have a golden copy of the game thats free of any issues, and even if there was you would defend the game mindlessly util the end.
Yes, because I've not many times talked about all the issues with this game...

...videos have been shared by multiple people of dribbling around players and also shots outside of the area that are goals. Apparently trying to explain how to score long-shots or how to dribble past players is condescending or telling you 'you're playing it wrong'. So I choose to simply say my experience is different to yours.

On Superstar... with a pacey and skilful player... its almost IMPOSSIBLE to dribble around a player... or to maybe turn and change direction to move away from a Defender etc.... Insta-tackle is RIFE as well when you play the ball into one of your attacking players feet, an AI defender comes charging up behind them... your player sometimes may stumble forward and the AI gets the ball! Happens all the fecking time and it really pisses me off! Other times your player doesn't stumble but instead... they FREEZE in place! Ball is then collected either by the AI defender that Insta-tackled you or one of his team mates. This is just pure AI Cheapness.

Meanwhile on Top Player.... its too easy to get past defenders and score the same goal a lot of the time. The AI balancing between difficulty levels is ALL OVER THE PLACE!
Since the most recent update, physically getting past/round players has become a lot more achievable and stumbling has happened a lot less for me (or at least less unrecoverable stumbles). Again, on TP in the ML.

To be fair to Negatrev it could be due to him playing the game in a level lower than Superstar or Legend where all kinds of Bullshit happen.

No mate, I'm pretty sure @Negatrev Plays on the higher levels, it's just that he always has to have an answer back for everything, if you raise something he always argues it, I'm on season 7 of ML, played close to 300+ matches, but apparently it 'must' be something I'm doing wrong because the COM constantly reads my input and even when dribbling at pull pace against a backtracking CB< with a highly skilled pacy forward, and I double-tap speed burst at an angle to dribble past the defender, he's still able to instantly defy laws of physics and balance, and stick out a leg and insta-tackle my onrushing forward. every single time, over 300 matches

But it must be me because his experience is totally different.

No mate, I'm pretty sure @Negatrev Plays on the higher levels, it's just that he always has to have an answer back for everything, if you raise something he always argues it, I'm on season 7 of ML, played close to 300+ matches, but apparently it 'must' be something I'm doing wrong because the COM constantly reads my input and even when dribbling at pull pace against a backtracking CB< with a highly skilled pacy forward, and I double-tap speed burst at an angle to dribble past the defender, he's still able to instantly defy laws of physics and balance, and stick out a leg and insta-tackle my onrushing forward. every single time, over 300 matches

But it must be me because his experience is totally different.

You are attributing a lot of things to me that I've not said. I've also not played past TP on this version of the game. In fact haven't for the last few years for more than a game or two as I don't like how the game chooses to scale difficulty, so I change control options and play with worse players in order to give me a difficulty level I do enjoy. I didn't even argue with your experience. I said mine was different.

So online is still a joke for one specific reason. Lag. Lag free the game is a beautiful experience. With the current 0.5 sec of delay it stops dribbling and messes with positioning.

Regular? Well then I'm doing something really wrong when it comes to shooting since I'ts god damn near impossible in Online divisions (at least for adv shooting, don't know about basic). Most people use manual shooting but they don't seem to try shooting from outside the box either.

You are attributing a lot of things to me that I've not said. I've also not played past TP on this version of the game. In fact haven't for the last few years for more than a game or two as I don't like how the game chooses to scale difficulty, so I change control options and play with worse players in order to give me a difficulty level I do enjoy. I didn't even argue with your experience. I said mine was different.

I posted saying that Dribbling past a player is almost impossible, and you replied by saying that 'Your experience is vastly different from mine'
From that I took it that you are able to dribble past players with ease, if that is an incorrect assumption, then your response was weirdly worded.

And I'm not talking about faster players getting away from defenders, that's not an issue, I'm specifically talking about dribbling past a player one on one, either via the use of skills, feints, or speed bursts, it just does not happen, the COM doesn't allow it.

I will post an example thats representative of so many situations when I get home later tonight, that highlights the ease that the defender is able to tackle using insta-tackle, even when a highly skilled, fast, agile forward is dribbling at them face on at speed and uses tight turns and change of direction, they just stick a leg out and take the ball, every time.

I posted saying that Dribbling past a player is almost impossible, and you replied by saying that 'Your experience is vastly different from mine'
From that I took it that you are able to dribble past players with ease, if that is an incorrect assumption, then your response was weirdly worded.

And I'm not talking about faster players getting away from defenders, that's not an issue, I'm specifically talking about dribbling past a player one on one, either via the use of skills, feints, or speed bursts, it just does not happen, the COM doesn't allow it.

I will post an example thats representative of so many situations when I get home later tonight, that highlights the ease that the defender is able to tackle using insta-tackle, even when a highly skilled, fast, agile forward is dribbling at them face on at speed and uses tight turns and change of direction, they just stick a leg out and take the ball, every time.
I can dribble past players on legendary, its been discussed loads of times and there are videos. Timing sprint and super cancel to shift the ball will get you past players especially with decent players. I tend to use the special control button and right stick to do a body faint one direction then super cancel to shift the ball the other way and you go past. That's one way of a few. Compared to patch 1.02 or 1.03 where the AI was wrestling you off the ball this latest patch is much easier

You don't need to post videos if you don't want to. I believe you.

If you are going to quote me, you should just use the quote system as it avoids accidentally paraphrasing. You mentioned many things you found weren't happening when you play. These things happen when I play (quite possibly because I'm playing on a difficulty level which has less handicapping issues); hence...
Your experiences in this game differ greatly from mine.

So online is still a joke for one specific reason. Lag. Lag free the game is a beautiful experience. With the current 0.5 sec of delay it stops dribbling and messes with positioning.

Yeah I guess this is the biggest problem tbf. And it's such a drag for us searching for PA0 users. Since there isn't many of us to begin with you can't limit yourself to "good" connection when searching for opponents.

Me and a few other have posted and shown videos of us jinking past 2+ players on superstar multiple times within a single match. Its very possible it just requires doing it in the right situations and using proper timing. I find it a perfect balance on superstar to be honest any easier like it was in 1.0 or 1.3 the game would be far to easy.

Rather than adding all the quotes from above, I'll just reply here:

@digimon and @hitmanuk I'd love to see a few of these videos, not because I don't believe you but because I'm genuinely keen to see how its done and see if I can learn any tips from your techniques, as playing on Top Player, using decent players with very high dribbling/speed etc stats, it seems ridiculously biased in favour of the defender as to how easy they just dispossess you.

@Negatrev I did use the quote system. Regardless of that, we play the game on the same difficulty level, the same game, same version number, same platform, so experience shouldn't be so vastly different.

@Negatrev I did use the quote system. Regardless of that, we play the game on the same difficulty level, the same game, same version number, same platform, so experience shouldn't be so vastly different.

...and yet they are.
Player beaten with a nutmeg. He didn't read what I was doing.

Long shot

These are just what I bothered to upload for showing other behaviours. I'm sure others have longer range shots they saved (I've had 40 yarders but they're common enough that I don't save and upload them).
A simply dribble past a defender and pacey breakaway is very common in my games.
These videos are before I started playing with my terrible players in my random DB (at least one of those videos is a few seasons into a ML). Even in my first season with them (team level 1.5 stars) I had players capable of beating a player (mostly through basic change of pace at that ability level). Longshots, not so much with these weak kicking numpties!

@Negatrev Thanks for sharing those.
I meant more dribbling around a player, not nutmegs, enticing the player in, shifting the ball, going past him, is what I really streuggle with as no matter what i try the defender always just tackles.

And as nice a goal as it was, despite the ball defying laws of physics, that shot you posted above, is from 20 yards, I don't consider those range shots, I score plenty of those, I'm talking 30+ yards, every single one I take that is on target is met with a diving salmon flap save by the GK, not one has gone in, in over 300+ ML matches.
I know those range of goals are not every game occurrences in real life and wouldn't want them to be in PES, but you see at least 3 or 4 true long range thunderbastards every season in the Prem league, PES20 seems to nerf them though.

@Negatrev I know those range of goals are not every game occurrences in real life and wouldn't want them to be in PES, but you see at least 3 or 4 true long range thunderbastards every season in the Prem league, PES20 seems to nerf them though.

Just as 19 did. It's the same game with more shoulder barges.

I know those range of goals are not every game occurrences in real life and wouldn't want them to be in PES, but you see at least 3 or 4 true long range thunderbastards every season in the Prem league, PES20 seems to nerf them though
You might wanna try manual shots for these.
Sorry for posting it again, but I dont have this goal saved separately
1.08mins in, second goal.

Here we go again. No Im not that Danyel Henry. My nick on wenb was Super Cancel.

Im having no problems with dribbling and passing or any other things on Superstar. Its just harder, thats all. Maybe you should try to play on lower difficulty, it may suits you better.

Heres one of the my first matches:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom