eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Yes, may favourite is R2 to just inside the back post. I once accidentally scored direct from that as well!

PS. I love my player trying to head it in and steal the goal even though he's miles away from it!
I was actually going into replay mode today when I had a friend over. I just needed to show him how awesome some scenes can look!! How “football’y”!! :)
What I like a lot is the AI missing crosses in my pen area, jumping for nothing, like I do sometimes when I press the shot button to early. That’s another variable. ;)
Overall: I like the mistakes the AI is showing. Sometimes it looks so awesome (like irl).

I forgot to add to my previous post: ON TOP OF THAT: there is even more possibilities to receive or handle a ball when it’s crossed in.
And that’s when you take controls of the recipient!! Not endless but a hell of a lot of variations and outcomes when I play. :D

And i am talking about crossing and receiving that cross only. There is so much more under the hood... it’s crazy! Crazy good!! :)

Last edited:
I was actually going into replay mode today when I had a friend over. I just needed to show him how awesome some scenes can look!! How “football’y”!! :)
What I like a lot is the AI missing crosses in my pen area, jumping for nothing, like I do sometimes when I press the shot button to early. That’s another variable. ;)
Overall: I like the mistakes the AI is showing. Sometimes it looks so awesome (like irl).

I forgot to add to my previous post: ON TOP OF THAT: there is even more possibilities to receive or handle a ball when it’s crossed in.
And that’s when you take controls of the recipient!! Not endless but a hell of a lot of variations and outcomes when I play. :D

And i am talking about crossing and receiving that cross only. There is so much more under the hood... it’s crazy! Crazy good!! :)

I've had no time to play 1.5 again.
You still enjoying this more than 1.00?

Anything you're missing from 1.00?

anybody here wish they could go back to 1.02?

if you get the ps4 digital version you'll get version 1.02 (with the option to update to 1.5).

I've had no time to play 1.5 again.
You still enjoying this more than 1.00?

Anything you're missing from 1.00?
1.0 was missing stuff as is 1.5, imo!
Neither version is perfect. No game is.

Vanilla had better physicality and a little better pace but the AI was partly to tame!

I had vanilla ice cream, now it’s vanilla flavored with toppings! ;)

Had a mixed evening last night with this damn game.

I usually go between PA0 and PA1 and search with similar settings in Online Divisions. But I have had it set to "balanced" in regards to the Connection. Which TOO often means the match will have that soul destroying 0,5 sec lag.

So I changed to "require stable Connection" (or whaever it's called). I was pleasently surprised that I acctually didn't have to wait that long at all even when searching for PA0 matches (but more so than with PA1 of course). And the matches flowed really nice tbh.

PA1 is fine when you get a good connection, too fast/hectic for my liking and everyone just plays the same way (and sometimes you come up against the PA2-3 pongers but I really don't care that much anymore, do what you want). I made a really good counter attack tactic with Atalanta and could grab a couple of wins against Liverpool/Juve/Another big team. My favourite Papu Gomez feels better on PA1 than on PA0 imo, weird.

PA0 makes for better and more dynamic/random matches but I just get the feeling the game wasn't made for PA0 since my players just are so stupid a lot of the times. Not reacting to loose balls or through balls etc. Super cancel works to some degree but it's like your fighting the controls 75% of the time.

Last edited:
When you play Master League you really are playing against 12 men. The 11 from the AI and the ref. He gives me nothing. I've slowed down the "fouls" Ive given away and theres literally nothing there. Ive looked at different angles and nothing yet the AI gets the free kicks. When 2 players go in 50/50 and both fall to the ground I think "They will get free kick" and they do.
I was clean through last night, I had the AI pulling my shirt, dragging me back and eventually cutting me down so free kick right....wrong. Play on.

The refs need completely re programming.

Other than that enjoying it.

anybody here wish they could go back to 1.02?

if you get the ps4 digital version you'll get version 1.02 (with the option to update to 1.5).

Nope!
I had a good time with the game before the latest patches, but it did feel like a fixed Pes 2019. I much prefer the current version, which feels different, fresher.

a couple of recent goals, first from a match I had with my nephew:

And when I finally got a great header on basic shooting, it was a bloody own goal! Gutted!

Played the game after long break (last time it was an October patch version for me) and wow, they went back to demo gameplay with all it's unpredictability and fouls. Don't know about AI though, but pvp with my friend was a complete joy.

the online experience baffles me.
i have only played friendly matches (as Zenit, i really like them in 2020) and i usually come across Liverpool, Madrid, Barca etc.
yes, i have lost at times which they have been completely deserved, but i have mostly won by making the opposition play at my tempo.

Dzyuba is a MONSTER btw.

Anyway, i cant understand why people, playing a videogame, in a friendly match mode, seem like they are playing to win like their parent's life are on the line or they have bet their house on it. You can almost phisically feel their desperation as the match time progresses.

regardless of the match result (not to sound cocky, but my win rate might be over 65%), i receive hateful messages
Why?

I have a friend who i used to play a lot before, we did several ML campaigns back in the day and he was very good. We did have great times playing.
After a few years that we stopped playing for several reasons (mostly related to adulthood), we just tried playing a ML campaign.
I just couldn't believe his attitude, he is now like the online players: he wants to win every game 8-0, play as the team with more star players, run for the full 90 mins and play only long through balls or blind passes forward. In a way, it kinda broke my heart lol.

Im just like, confused.

I used to think they are all bastardizing the game of football, but, i have honestly thinking that i might be the one that's wrong?
How could everyone else be wrong but myself?

Should i stop smoking pot before playing? lol

Last edited:
To all the guys that posted videos of dribbling examples - Thankyou, appreciate the time taken to show them.
I have been having more success with dribbling as of late, it really is down to nanosecond level timing of R2 and sprint, and L1 close control, there is zero margin for error otherwise the 'magnetism radius' around players just pulls you in and initiates the 'instatackle' which is ridiculous, counter intuitive and unrealistic, but dribbling is there, just in a quite crude form.

A few goals from my last ML session, not all dribble type goals, just a selection

Plus a ML update over on my blog if anyone cares to have a look:

PESFX Blog

To all the guys that posted videos of dribbling examples - Thankyou, appreciate the time taken to show them.
I have been having more success with dribbling as of late, it really is down to nanosecond level timing of R2 and sprint, and L1 close control, there is zero margin for error otherwise the 'magnetism radius' around players just pulls you in and initiates the 'instatackle' which is ridiculous, counter intuitive and unrealistic, but dribbling is there, just in a quite crude form.

A few goals from my last ML session, not all dribble type goals, just a selection

PESFX Blog

So are we sure now that L1 does produce a closer degree of dribble control? I know it's been discussed over the last fee months, ive never been quite sure it's making a difference...

Question for the veterans

How long have they not shown other results from the other matches at the end of the game in master league? I miss that.

I even think they done it at halftime, going back maybe 15 years.

Wonder if they'll (actually) release this version for free at some point.
It will leak instantly.

@sonoman I have friends like that too. They turned into onliners :ROLL:
It's not us, it's them - their tastes changed. Instead of PES you can insert a Rocket League or Call of Duty disk and they probably won't notice as long as it's online )))) To them it's more about competition than football.

Last edited:
Also another quick question.. Flashing green form arrow?.. What's that all about.

Donnaruma has had it all 7 games of my master league now. Not complaining though lol

Also another quick question.. Flashing green form arrow?.. What's that all about.

Donnaruma has had it all 7 games of my master league now. Not complaining though lol
I think it means they’re in the best form you can get and they fit your gameplan extremely well.

Why is the dribbling by the ai so damn generic and robotic? Even high skilled dribblers show almost no creativity when ai controlled. I truly believe if a game is fun to watch then it's fun to play, unfortunately CPU v CPU games are often quite boring to watch.

Why is the dribbling by the ai so damn generic and robotic? Even high skilled dribblers show almost no creativity when ai controlled. I truly believe if a game is fun to watch then it's fun to play, unfortunately CPU v CPU games are often quite boring to watch.
Yeah. They could do more tricks; and that’s me saying this, who don’t like to much of that stuff. The really gifted player should use it more.
I had a beautiful roulette by the AI in my last match. It was next to the pen area and I was really surprised and it looked nice and worked out.

Indeed, but I don't know why they don't 'own it' and release it for free a few days after launch.
They do, it's just well hidden :LOL:
and not publicized unless necessary.

@dinono10 I believe it's when a young player is developing really hard and playing him will be great for his skills.

@Jimi_Zuko You should try the editemos patch for Brazil if you haven't already. It adds tons of new players, faces, and kits. And I like to have Portuguese commentary for full immersion. When patched, it's by far the best-recreated league in PES. Not quite like the EPL in fifa, but close.

Last edited:

PESFX Blog

Nice variation in goals mate.

Honestly this pes offers the most variety I've ever had in a football game. There's not really a type of goal I don't think I've already scored.

I think its a player role boost. E.g. I had some default guy in 2019 who was a "Bad Boy" and he used to flash all the time.

So if I played him I think I got an extra few % boost when he was flashing. - i think.

Heck, maybe I convinced myself this was what it was. It could just mean he's developing faster so if he's played in that game he'll get more xp.

Back
Top Bottom