eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Hi All- General question about the starting lineups for teams.

I’ve noticed that nearly every team has players on the bench rated higher than the starters in multiple positions on the field. Is there any reason for this? I use PES universe data packs, so I’m not sure if that is causing this issue.

Thank you in advance for any feedback. Cheers!
The form arrows.

Hopefully it won’t be full of nodding dogs claiming it as ‘the best game ever (tm)’ which will really screw us over.

I’ll fill it in later - there better be a whole section dedicated to the terrible refs and scripting.

If they'd done this in weeks 1,3,5,7 of releazd
It may be my imagination but some exhibition games against the CPU feel much more varied and exciting when using certain stadiums and specific grass lengths. Would be fascinated to find out what conditions and other settings, pes gamers prefer to get the best offline experience against the CPU in exhibition.

I've noticed something similar.
Games at rose park tend to feel stiff and turgid, rubbish if its your home stadium.
The nou camp played very slow until the latest patch.
Campeones is a 7 out 10.
But then olimpico, many Brazilian stadiums the game feels smoother and softer in a good way.
Celtic park feels slow and smooth.but yeah, the game feels a little clamped down.
Ibro feels wild and loose in summer day, but slow in overecast conditions.
I'm feeling definite variations in conditions and stadiums (not quite sure about gameplay varietyas such though as that may be down to the teams I'm choosing...)

Didn't tried ML yet... Too much editing.
If you try our OF from Pesuniverse, i finally finished what i wanted: redone all faces from Bundesliga very detailled, but also Crvena and RB Salzburg, except some players already IG. I would like to have a re-usable face database for the future, i don't think the next PES will be totally revamped.
MLS faces aren't mine, except those who are in NT. If you may gives me feedbacks, i've tried to do my best to get the most recent pictures from players, also check side part face (we don't really see players from the front always)

Well my point is, not finished yet, but i need a break as i was on edit mode H24, and i will finally try the game, and discuss about it.
Tried one match, i still can't get the right stick for "face to goal" dribbling... It's not natural for me, even if we follow "logic of ergonomy", that

Ive stopped my master league after about 5 games. Its just horrible to play.
Love the game in exhibition and CL mode but ML makes me hate the game.

Personnally i would like to try just because i like checking players, loan, transfers (now that they're logic), and above all players developpement and training, but i don't really care about interactive stuff. But it seems not to be too much, just some Q/A... I think.

I'm loving custom cups at the moment. Playing fuma now which it's either just clicked or the patch has improved it for me. Holding my own on top player.
What is superb is the player awareness off the ball, because they are aware moves like fake first touch really works as you can let the ball go through your legs and you know the next guy will react to it and collect the ball.

Didn't tried ML yet... Too much editing.
If you try our OF from Pesuniverse, i finally finished what i wanted: redone all faces from Bundesliga very detailled, but also Crvena and RB Salzburg, except some players already IG. I would like to have a re-usable face database for the future, i don't think the next PES will be totally revamped.
MLS faces aren't mine, except those who are in NT. If you may gives me feedbacks, i've tried to do my best to get the most recent pictures from players, also check side part face (we don't really see players from the front always)

Well my point is, not finished yet, but i need a break as i was on edit mode H24, and i will finally try the game, and discuss about it.
Tried one match, i still can't get the right stick for "face to goal" dribbling... It's not natural for me, even if we follow "logic of ergonomy", that

Personnally i would like to try just because i like checking players, loan, transfers (now that they're logic), and above all players developpement and training, but i don't really care about interactive stuff. But it seems not to be too much, just some Q/A... I think.

In my game Liverpool who have one of best keepers in the world have signed another 2!
The one from AC Milan and another from Monaco. They have 6 on their books now.

Madrid Bought Sane.

They are the biggest Ive seen.

Ok, a lot of things I've been wanting to reply to, so I'll just take it in one fell swoop :D

I use it all the time. It's mostly just related to the stamina of the player being substituted. It doesn't really take the rest of the players' abilities in other positions into account. Which is why I often go into the game plan after an automatic sub just to make sure I don't need to change players around. What's the point then? Well, it's a good way of making sure I don't forget to use my subs :BLUSH:

Thank you so much for this detailed run through!!! I didn't know all that and will definitely take it into account when planning training regimes in the future!

I'd say League or Cup Mode. If you can live without transfers, promotion and relegation, youth teams, International Coach offers and the like, I'd say League mode is pretty entertaining. I play it for the Leagues that don't have two leagues in them and therefore no promotion or relegation anyway.

While I agree that the amount of fouls is just fine as it is, the advantage system is, dare I say it: Broken... (as much as I hate that term, I really do think it applies here). The ref forgets about the advantage after more than two touches of the ball so you never see a card being given after an advantage if enough time has passed.

This is exactly how I feel about the game most of the time :APPLAUD:

Thank you mate for the advice.

But it's a FACEPACK!!! Don't you understand the importance of this?!? Why are we even here if it wasn't for the FACESSSS?!?!?!!!???

This game is so cheated playing a Cup on Superstar as a visitor. Any player can push Lukakku of the ball like he was a sunday league player. Cursor changing is a mess, my players stroggle to control the ball and are blind to loose balls.

Im playing against England and all they do is passing to Kane near the box and he just turn and shoot. My players never block a single shot.

Its like Im playing with a very low rate team.

More bits I liked, these are from yesterday's session.

I think this is the best solo run I've done with any player in PES since the PES 2013 days. Amazing De Bryune!

And again... De Bruyne. He was just unbelievable in this game.

Great to see you sticking to PA0. It will pay off soon enough.

@Chuny When you say you put an insane amount of hours into turfs how long are we talking? And how long do you think Konami and EA spend on turfs? Im guessing it must be significantly less than you? Also the better the turf does that = more GPU power needed resulting in loss of frames?

@Chuny When you say you put an insane amount of hours into turfs how long are we talking? And how long do you think Konami and EA spend on turfs? Im guessing it must be significantly less than you? Also the better the turf does that = more GPU power needed resulting in loss of frames?

For each turf I create? probably 48hrs until I'm satisfied. Bare in mind that it's not just one file and one texture for each stadium. There are about 5 different textures to take care of in conjunction for each stadium. So sometimes I'm satisfied with the one texture but I need to re-work the other 4...

Sometimes everything falls into place magically a little quicker than that, but usually it's a lot of testing, going back to Photoshop, editing it again, testing it again, comparing it to real-life photos of the same stadium in the same conditions, making changes, testing it AGAIN, so on and so forth for hours.

That's why I said "relationships-breaking level of insanity"....

I've created over 70+ different type of turfs for my Mod, so since the game was officially released until I actually started playing it (which is evident from my activity in this thread) it took me 2 full months to create all of them (well that and also the lighting files which is very time-consuming as well). So I've basically just now started to play PES 2020.

This game is so cheated playing a Cup on Superstar as a visitor. Any player can push Lukakku of the ball like he was a sunday league player. Cursor changing is a mess, my players stroggle to control the ball and are blind to loose balls.

Im playing against England and all they do is passing to Kane near the box and he just turn and shoot. My players never block a single shot.

what level and what defensive tactics are you playing, I've found if you too wide and deep degensively the AI will play down the middle. Also haw you tried using 2nd man close down, its my new favourite button in this games as it causes ai passing errors, forces them to make more risky passes. Not telling you how to play but tactics matter massively to how the AI attacks. Give them an easy option and the ai will take it.
My set up as Liverpool is all advanced tactics off, a high compact defensive line and high support in attack to bring players close together. I then use simple tactics possession formation, hardly ever see the AI turn and shoot goal

For each turf I create? probably 48hrs until I'm satisfied. Bare in mind that it's not just one file and one texture for each stadium. There are about 5 different textures to take care of in conjunction for each stadium. So sometimes I'm satisfied with the one texture but I need to re-work the other 4...

Sometimes everything falls into place magically a little quicker than that, but usually it's a lot of testing, going back to Photoshop, editing it again, testing it again, comparing it to real-life photos of the same stadium in the same conditions, making changes, testing it AGAIN, so on and so forth for hours.

I've created over 70+ different type of turfs for my Mod, so since the game was officially released until I actually started playing it (which is evident from my activity in this thread) it took me 2 full months to create all of them (well that and also the lighting files which is very time-consuming as well). So I've basically just now started to play PES 2020.

Chuny,

I need help mate. I cannot get my Stadium of light to stop the fuzz effect on the pitch. Will this be a pitch problem or light problem or both. I've tried copying some of your amazing add on files to the folder but its not having any of it. Hope you can help / give me some advice?

Cheers
Trev

Does a great looking turf take more processing power when in game?

More bits I liked, these are from yesterday's session.

I think this is the best solo run I've done with any player in PES since the PES 2013 days. Amazing De Bryune!

And again... De Bruyne. He was just unbelievable in this game.

I’d love those pitches! But there’s no way I’m buying a better PC just for PES.

what level and what defensive tactics are you playing, I've found if you too wide and deep degensively the AI will play down the middle. Also haw you tried using 2nd man close down, its my new favourite button in this games as it causes ai passing errors, forces them to make more risky passes. Not telling you how to play but tactics matter massively to how the AI attacks. Give them an easy option and the ai will take it.
My set up as Liverpool is all advanced tactics off, a high compact defensive line and high support in attack to bring players close together. I then use simple tactics possession formation, hardly ever see the AI turn and shoot goal

Im trying to make my defense play higher but they keep droping deep. I set auto offside line, high pressure, compact and set one bar for attack.

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep trying.

Regarding the questionnaire: is pretty weak. I can understand the absence of free text given the sheer number of responses that'll come their way. Free text becomes a lot - possibly too much - to sift through. But the question set isn't comprehensive enough to compensate.

Regarding the questionnaire: is pretty weak. I can understand the absence of free text given the sheer number of responses that'll come their way. Free text becomes a lot - possibly too much - to sift through. But the question set isn't comprehensive enough to compensate.
Speaking of the devil I was thinking about!!!
Literally, five minutes ago I finished your podcast. I was listening to it in parts, driving to and back from work this week.

Great episode, really enjoyed it.
Im really curious now - what are your impressions now that you played (?) Pes20.
If you posted them already - apologies for asking again. But there is no hope I will be able to find it through hundreds of pages of Pro_Toos happy thoughts
(Joking, obviously, @PRO_TOO) :LOL:

Sorry I don't want to keep derailing the thread off-topic. It wasn't my intention in the first place :BLEH:
I just wanted to share the bits I'm enjoying very much.

That play from De Bruyne was amazing for me. Being able to get past three men and then place the ball just right for Aguero to score was lovely.

If you guys want to know more about PC modding, turfs, etc, please take it to the PC thread or PM me :D

Just played the demo again to compare. It's a tragedy how different and more fun it is than PES20. It plays like real football. It is highly responsive in defence and attack. Tempo, realistic inertia and zero input delay etc. The full game feels so unresponsive and broken collision system, faulty inertia, overly difficult dribbling, mind reading defenders...Yeah AI suck a little but they dribble! And they could have fixed them without wrecking everything else.

@vialli82 So, Zvezda, Salzburg, Germany, and J-League are yours?

Well "mine" is not really what i can say, but i've redone every faces yes.
And about stats, every teams in the OF have been reworked, but as there was a release date i couldn't finish every teams.

MLS will be "facially corrected" later: faces aren't bad (well, i will try to make them less goofy later) but the guys who reworked them have added a tons of players i didn't have the time to correct.
But in terms of stats and correction, the editor who did it have done a awesome work on it.

The thing is: people think we are like 10 editors.
But to be honest, in term of data, i don't know if i can tell the number to respect privacy of Pesuni teams, but we're very, very few mains editors. Well, one person working for 3... I will took a break ftm, but the last days it was practically H24 on edit mode.
I'm not forced to do it, that's a matter of choice.

Of course, we will sign and check others editors/kitmakers but i/we will always supervise their work, as we want to keep the balance, and having something more homogenous.

2 fuma games from my KO cup competition as liverpool

For me this shows great team individuality for the AI first one loads of space for me 2nd one really physical and pressure

All my through balls are using manual override including the firminho assist which is one of my best
1st goal 31 min 2nd 37min 1st goal shows using super cancel to create space for cross

2nd video I get knocked out and demostrate how to not use super cancel, costs me the game oh and manes miss of the season in there. AI goal around 70 min mark

I hate legend.. im a fuma player who almost win every match on ss easily.. therefore for challange i play legend but there is a big issue on legend . Difficulty has to show the strength of opponent ai - cpu .. but konami makes a big cheat as lowering your team an players attributes .. thats nof fair.. your players become stiff un responsive slow etc... increase ai strength im ok with that but dont touch my players.. it makes game frustrating even u win ...

good ol' scripting. it comes out during some matches while it can be absent for many games.

I hate legend.. im a fuma player who almost win every match on ss easily.. therefore for challange i play legend but there is a big issue on legend . Difficulty has to show the strength of opponent ai - cpu .. but konami makes a big cheat as lowering your team an players attributes .. thats nof fair.. your players become stiff un responsive slow etc... increase ai strength im ok with that but dont touch my players.. it makes game frustrating even u win ...
I’d like to see one of your SS fuma matches! Is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom