eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I still really like the game.

It's real football which is so boring.

I started 3 master leagues and will go hard into whichever is the most fun, took me so long to choose the teams. Disabled First Window so i get straight into the season.

I don't ever wanna go backwards to PES 5 instead with PES Universe and others who would like to join. Remake those eras on PES 2020 and 2021.

You really have to play PES 2020 in a totally different way to any other PES before. Control system is evolved from last year. R1 & R2 you have to use a lot, R2 juts let the ball run and understand the ball physics. Use R1 a lot to keep stable. See too many people doing everything with Left stick, finding so hard to do basic turns.

I started 3 master leagues and will go hard into whichever is the most fun, took me so long to choose the teams. Disabled First Window so i get straight into the season.

I don't ever wanna go backwards to PES 5 instead with PES Universe and others who would like to join. Remake those eras on PES 2020 and 2021.

You really have to play PES 2020 in a totally different way to any other PES before. Control system is evolved from last year. R1 & R2 you have to use a lot, R2 juts let the ball run and understand the ball physics. Use R1 a lot to keep stable. See too many people doing everything with Left stick, finding so hard to do basic turns.

I also believe the game has to be played on a diferent perspective thenthe one we´re used to, thing is, nowadays games don´t give us a proper oficial tutorial or manual guide. We just have to find everything by ourselves and most don´t have the patience. Still, it does have some major basic flaws.

I also believe the game has to be played on a diferent perspective thenthe one we´re used to, thing is, nowadays games don´t give us a proper oficial tutorial or manual guide. We just have to find everything by ourselves and most don´t have the patience. Still, it does have some major basic flaws.

I agree, there is no proper guide and i ain't getting paid to make one so i ain't doing one.

If Konami pay me then we can talk.

I know there is some good footy on right now, but if anyone gets bored, feel free to jump in and interact. It's a bit of a mini rant, but I had to put in "on paper" of how I feel about this game...

You know it's ironic you mention things like positioning because literally my last post in this thread (literally on the previous page) was me talking about the lack of transitional logic and how the AI only thinks about attack or defense and thus does things like prioritizing getting into their attack/defense shape over what's actually happening in front of them.

I agree wholeheartedly on that. As well as on just the lack of attention paid to fundamental aspects of football like positioning and space.

Ironic that the AI cares so much about getting back into position while simultaneously being bad at maintaining proper positioning

Hi klash. When you say it has to be played differently, do you have any specific ideas? Keen to hear them...

Can't tell you exactly why but after a couple of exh matches I think I preferred DP4 :((

I think DP4 had more randomness. Now it feels like the usual PES tripe....but still gonna persevere cos I got to klash it up.

Edit : Played a klashed up Spurs v Arsenal . An instant improvement. Still not DP4 level but improved.

Last edited:
Can't tell you exactly why but after a couple of exh matches I think I preferred DP4 :((

I think DP4 had more randomness. Now it feels like the usual PES tripe....but still gonna persevere cos I got to klash it up.

Agreed on loss of randomness. Feels like almost 30-40% less.

I haven't touched it again since Friday buy I remember thinking the players feel more stiff. DP4 suddenly introduced the feeling (or illusion) of more movement points for the players. I'm not saying they suddenly changed the locomotion of the players...but it did feel.noticable how the players felt more malleable. It struck me particularly coming off two weeks of fifa 20 where its obvious the players have way more bio-mechanical range.

Now the players feel like before. A kind of semi-rigid mass with way less movement range.

I just dont get how you do that as a company to your own flipping game...

Agreed on loss of randomness. Feels like almost 30-40% less.

I haven't touched it again since Friday buy I remember thinking the players feel more stiff. DP4 suddenly introduced the feeling (or illusion) of more movement points for the players. I'm not saying they suddenly changed the locomotion of the players...but it did feel.noticable how the players felt more malleable. It struck me particularly coming off two weeks of fifa 20 where its obvious the players have way more bio-mechanical range.

Now the players feel like before. A kind of semi-rigid mass with way less movement range.

I just dont get how you do that as a company to your own flipping game...

This isn't anything new. As far as'm concerned each PES has always been downgraded with its final patches since 2015.

Its a shame DP4 lasted so little time (or I just played it very little)

Played 2 matches in BAL last night. Top player. -1 game speed. 20 minutes.

First up was Aberdeen. I gotta say is the match that will probably be the reason why I just stick to master league. Why?

I got to watch an absolutely riveting first half of football from the bench.

Final result wasn't much better.

You'd expect more to happen in a 20 minute match.

So why on earth was this match so uneventful? Because of the both teams played defensive. I just don't understand it. I'm Manchester United at home against Aberdeen. Not Manchester City or Liverpool or Bayern or Barca. We started off defensive against mighty Aberdeen.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with just the manager or with the AI tactically in general because we start every single match defensively. The same thing happened when I played a season in the Thai league.

I came on in the second half and I had a hand in the only goal, and frankly only shot on target, in the match. As @Matt10 said in his video, the AI cares way too much about tactical instructions and positioning; look at the Aberdeen defenders when Martial gets the ball. It's like they completely forget that Rashford exists until he's pretty much shooting; the left CB and RB are just static. The AI is too concerned with maintaining its defensive positional assignments than it is with dealing with immediate threats right in front of them.

As soon as we score, we go ultra defensive. Once again why? Manchester United at home with lead with almost 40 minutes left. What logical reason is there for us go ultra defensive at this point against this opposition?

And that's what pretty much ruins this mode for me; the tactical decisions the AI manager makes in match.

Second match was also at home against Aston Villa (I feel like I save a lot of clips against Villa lol). Another match we started off defensively and another match I started on the bench. Luckily there was more action in this match. What a pass from Mata. It caught me off guard because I changed the passing style to short passing before I started this save lol

Something very weird happened in this match. Has anyone seen the AI behave like this before?

I came on late and scored twice in this match.

First one came after a free kick that I don't think should have been given tbf. You know what? I like the way this goal looked. Mostly because I scored one exactly like this one back in high school haha. Right footed too (I'm a lefty). As for the build up to the free kick, I will say that the AI does a much better job keeping compact when in the defensive third. I don't have an issue with how Villa are shaped. I do have an issue with my team playing ultra defensive at home against what should be vastly inferior opposition.

Second goal I liked and disliked aspects of.

First off, I dislike the fact that #7 is just standing around. I think he should either be closing down Bruno along side the other defender already doing so or he should be tracking my run. I can't tell if #11 is just running back into position or is tracking my run but what he should have been doing is tracking Martial's. In fact none of the Villa player's track Martial's run. To make things worse after Martial receives the pass, the game then switches to #11 (which it should've have done much earlier). Except by switching to #11 and making him close down Martial, it takes him completely out of position to intercept any pass from Martial to me. #11 is all of the place; he goes from seemingly tracking my run, to trying to close down Martial, to try to close me down as I shoot. Martial passes it to me (meanwhile, the CB #22, is running away from Martial with his back to the play when Martial makes the pass) and I score.

What I liked was both Bruno and Martial made nice runs into space. I also liked the way my player turned off the defender and got his shot away.

I will say though that it does feel like the shielding animation/collision animation between the defender and me didn't trigger because the shooting animation was already queued up. So it looks like the defender just slides off of me. I've turned away from where the defender has ended up. He's beaten completely here. But the thing is my player is 169cm and 65kg lol. That interaction should've ended 2 ways. Me shooting or me being fouled. But there was no interaction.

So yeah I'm definitely sticking with ML. I've slowly figured out how to get my teammates to actually do things. Greenwood scoring a hattrick is a good sign I'd say.

BAL needs so much work.

Hi klash. When you say it has to be played differently, do you have any specific ideas? Keen to hear them...

Well as i shows in this video here and i will upload more when i get time:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2...-real-teams-thread.80854/page-18#post-3500508

I use L2 manual constantly btw, this was from the first gameplay patch way back in September, i feel the game has improved a lot since then.

Before R2 was your rock for many things, now its completely changed.

- You have to hold R2 plus the left stick to control the ball in The direction you want with a good first touch, you can't just expect an automatic nice touch with left stick, 'This is a major problem for so many players'.

- If the ball isn't settled from the pass your receiving with the player and you want him to stay still in a tight space. just hold R1 when you receive the pass and the player traps the ball dead, facing forward. so again unlike left stick, you wont have these issues of turning slowing or crap first touches i see so many complain about.

- Lastly hold R2 to allow the ball to run, remain aware of the balls momentum, you will see me do this all the time in this video and upcoming vids.

I'm sorry, PES5 is ancient history in regards to this I've explained on 8 directions game. The way you play PES 2020 forces a set of realism no other game comes close to. I wouldn't play that until i have kids to play them at it for pure nostalgia. This really concerns me, i don't want PES 2021 going backwards. I think what is needed is better tutorials. Konami rely so much on us especially at PES Universe since PES World is all about one guy hence the lack of activity there to promote the game. We all have or will have full time jobs and loved ones to take care or and other ventures, we aren't like the sidemen who live to do videos, that's their full time job, or FIFA Youtubers where many of them are full time earning via FIFA. PES has a tiny playerbase now.

The biggest problem is Konami do not promote this game to its main target market or show tutorials how to play it. Its really not too hard to master but its fun on Superstar to play once you adjust to it. Its just shocked me at how low the level is of players playing this game on youtube especially. I've seen almost nobody adapt to the new way the game needs to be played. I see people taking an age to turn on the ball, its like they are trying to play it and expect things from previous titles rather than gone into the game with a fresh mind. the demo stuff is so placebo, the demo was worse than even version 1.01, it because the demo was fresh, people did want to learn it but didn't see all of the flaws. They expected this great realism to happen and this desire for 'randomness' by playing in the same style they used to in previous games.

Anyway lastly randomness is word with no literal meaning, that's 100% purely a perception on a given action or instance. Everything has a process, its the variables which is the key and how balanced they are. Don't go after 'randomness' for find what you want. I'd never ever be able to do any of the things I've learned in life with that very deceptive, useless word. Always find the process for everything. There's a process to everything. Always remain aware of a process. Random is always a perception on something you view. For example even when you select 'random team' or 'random selection' All you doing is allowing the CPU to pick any team or player within its given algorithm. The process doesn't happen without the programming which is never random, the truth is it creates a large possibility of variables to play into the illusion of randomness.

They have made the gameplay worse so we can upgrade to PES 2021 and it should feel better :THINK:

Honestly Pes2020 has convinced me to buy a new Pes only when i will see a HUGE improvement so it had the opposite effect for me. I'm done hoping for a better Pes, i will buy only when they make an effort to really improve it. Pes 2020 was the usual one step forward, one step back.

There hasn't been a real improvement since Pes 2015, i would say and that is unacceptable.

Played 2 matches in BAL last night. Top player. -1 game speed. 20 minutes.

First up was Aberdeen. I gotta say is the match that will probably be the reason why I just stick to master league. Why?

I got to watch an absolutely riveting first half of football from the bench.

Final result wasn't much better.

You'd expect more to happen in a 20 minute match.

So why on earth was this match so uneventful? Because of the both teams played defensive. I just don't understand it. I'm Manchester United at home against Aberdeen. Not Manchester City or Liverpool or Bayern or Barca. We started off defensive against mighty Aberdeen.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with just the manager or with the AI tactically in general because we start every single match defensively. The same thing happened when I played a season in the Thai league.

So yeah I'm definitely sticking with ML. I've slowly figured out how to get my teammates to actually do things. Greenwood scoring a hattrick is a good sign I'd say.

BAL needs so much work.

If you like the idea of playing as a single player (ie. as in BAL mode), have you tried playing a League with Fixed Cursor turned on? That way, you effectively become player-manager.

Rather than being stuck with the negative aspects of BAL such as playing every match with the same tactics that your team has assigned, waiting for the manager to pick you, watching your team faff around doing nothing and they only score when the manager finally brings you on and you score the goal, etc...

...instead, you decide who's in the starting line-up, so you can pick yourself (if you've created yourself), or decide to pick whichever player you want to control. You decide the tactics for each match and can manually change attack/defense levels during a match, changing tactics during a match, etc.

It's still not great given your team-mate passiveness at times, and there are still times when your team is only gonna score if you score the goal, but it's not as bad as BAL.

I really enjoyed doing this in PES2017 and 2018, as your teams mates would play proper football. It was garbage in 2019 but has improved a little in 2020.

The R2 letting the ball run through is a great tip. I use it so much, it works especially well when your player checks to the ball first then lets it go. Very similar to what you will see in a real football match, and one of the most effective ways I’ve found to get space from a tight marking defender.

If you like the idea of playing as a single player (ie. as in BAL mode), have you tried playing a League with Fixed Cursor turned on? That way, you effectively become player-manager.

I play fixed cursor in ML mostly these days (sorry if I didn't mention that). Just made a test save in BAL to check some things out. I don't like league mode because there's no evolution of the save season to season.

Like an amnesia patient, I'll revisit modern PES after a several month hiatus and think, "Jesus, this is amazing. Why am I not playing this on a regular ba- oh, that's why." Every single time. Truly a fool.
Literally what's happened to me, I used to be obsessed with PES since PES 3 up until PES 6 then PES 2010 came out and that was so trash that I left football games altogether cos I sure as hell wasn't going to FIFA. 10 years later I decide to cop PES 2019 now I'm on PC and I can mod, it's different, not as I remember it but I'm loving the more realistic animations, I find that I'm struggling on Professional but then I discover 1-2's, they were OP I was scoring 6 goals in 15 minute games so I upped the difficulty to Top Player, for a while I came close a few times to almost breaking my laptop in frustration but eventually, after watching a bit of Spoony Pizza I learnt how to defend properly and it was only attacking that seemed impossible, until I learn't the power of feint shot, Square then X, that move could cut through most defenders like butter, still lost quiet a bit but it felt evened out whenever I found the opportunity to use that move. I found a comfortable level that wasn't too easy but wasn't unfair with the difficulty anymore as I had a few tricks up my sleeve. Then comes PES 2020, Demo was amazing and felt like PES 5 or 6 almost, the freedom was insane, felt so free that I thought I might have to play on Superstar because the freedom allowed you to be so creative you could actually control matches even on Top Player but then the full game came out. And I find they've nerfed my bread and butter; the feint shot, whether you're Ronaldo or Naitland Miles if you try it, you'll kick the ball away like a 5 year old boy trying to flip flap. You can't out pace defenders they just catch up to you and stick their leg out or you may suddenly smash sprint after slowly taking the ball up the wing next to the defender who is waiting to pounce, you have a ton of space, you're Raheem Sterling or Douglas Costa but somehow this random defender just scoops the ball off you like he was scooping a ball of ice cream with a hot wet measuring spoon. Every through ball is somehow magnetized to the last opposing defender's foot, and if it is accurately going to your striker, he'll decide he wants to run away from even though you're trying to press super cancel and the terminator defenders will push you out the way and get the ball.
Speaking of pushing out the way, I finally use the "Most effective skill" with Ronaldo and get passed a defender, at this point that feels even better than a cheap hot potato passed goal which seems the only ones you can score if the AI is feeling generous, and after getting passed this defender he nudges me to the point I fall over, rolling, In the penalty box and another defender comes and casually takes the ball away, ref doesn't say a damn thing! I had to review in a replay about 100 times just wondering why I'm playing this damn game. Seems if it's only a little nudge it's not a foul, it's just Konami showing off their new physicality gameplay...BULLSHIT! I don't mind games being hard at all. But it's gotta be consistent and I've got to feel like im in control. My players can't even pass to the right person anymore! I don't remember that ever being an issue in the old Pro games??? I don't want to play this game anymore PES 2019 was way more fun than PES 2020. I swear the Demo we played was a compete different game.

I spent a couple hours last night in trying to edit just the user's formation, etc. It simply doesn't work without adjusting the CPU's tactics as well. The Deep Defensive Line is one of the worst tactics ever implemented, but is still a close second to the appalling design of the attack/defense mentality the series has been plagued with since PES 2016. I think it's impact is coming to the forefront now and it's clear how wrong of a decision it was to continue to build each iteration of PES.

I spent a couple hours last night in trying to edit just the user's formation, etc. It simply doesn't work without adjusting the CPU's tactics as well. The Deep Defensive Line is one of the worst tactics ever implemented, but is still a close second to the appalling design of the attack/defense mentality the series has been plagued with since PES 2016. I think it's impact is coming to the forefront now and it's clear how wrong of a decision it was to continue to build each iteration of PES.

I have no idea why so many teams have deep defensive line by default. I remember editing a few teams using klashman's tactics and seeing how many teams have that advanced instruction.

The mentality system's flaws are exacerbated by how the AI uses it; I played the Europa League final last night and my opponent went ultra attacking at the beginning of the second half. The score was only 1-0. They threw their CB up top and went all out attacking with 45 minutes to go. How often do you see that let alone in a cup final?

I don't like how the mentality system was implemented and I don't like how it is utilised. And it's not the only mechanic in this game I can say that about.

Honestly Pes2020 has convinced me to buy a new Pes only when i will see a HUGE improvement so it had the opposite effect for me. I'm done hoping for a better Pes, i will buy only when they make an effort to really improve it. Pes 2020 was the usual one step forward, one step back.

There hasn't been a real improvement since Pes 2015, i would say and that is unacceptable.
No I was just being sarcastic. But it might be ploy to break the game when it was amazing at DP4. You remember when the demo was released people were blow away and the game was absolute mess once released. So they made it better to play offline and then broke it on purpose so we have a broken product and need to upgrade. The semo of 2021 would be fantastic and this whole cycle will be repeated.

I have no idea why so many teams have deep defensive line by default. I remember editing a few teams using klashman's tactics and seeing how many teams have that advanced instruction.

The mentality system's flaws are exacerbated by how the AI uses it; I played the Europa League final last night and my opponent went ultra attacking at the beginning of the second half. The score was only 1-0. They threw their CB up top and went all out attacking with 45 minutes to go. How often do you see that let alone in a cup final?

I don't like how the mentality system was implemented and I don't like how it is utilised. And it's not the only mechanic in this game I can say that about.

forgive me.. I know that DDL is a Broken nightmare, but how is mentality broken/exploited?

forgive me.. I know that DDL is a Broken nightmare, but how is mentality broken/exploited?

If I can answer, my findings have been that the mentality of attack/defense has been broken since PES 2016. Basically, if you transition between Attack/Defense, there is no actual "transition". It is either One...or the Other. When implemented in PES, this means it's extreme to extreme (regardless of intensity level).

Look at my video from 2017, it still applies today:

The thing is, now it's not just controlled by those Attack/Defense levels, it's also controlled by the tactics, such as All out Defense + Deep Defensive Line for advanced instructions.

The way the AI goes about using it is flawed. For instance, I started a BAL save with Manchester United. Manchester United have a good team in game. Yet we every single match on defensive. Why would United start defensive at home against Norwich or Villa? The answer is there isn't.

So something in the code is telling United to start defensive without any context of the opponent. That's one of its flaws; the AI is too rigid in how it uses mentalities. It's there are only a few instances that dictate which mentality is used and when.

Every time I had a lead in the second half, we'd go ultra defensive. Why? What reason would United go ultra defensive at home against Aberdeen with 40 minutes left in the clock?

The absolute worst issue with the mentality system is ultra attack. It abandons all semblance of shape, turns players into mindless zombies who sprint at anything with the ball, sends a CB up front, and resorts entirely to route one style of play regardless of passing style.

It's the type of play you see at the very end of matches when a team is chasing a result. The AI is perfectly fine resorting to it at the beginning of the second half (happened in my Europa League final match in my ML save).

I have rarely seen a team do this that early irl. And yet the AI does it every single cup match when they're losing in the second half. And it's been this way for 4+ years.

In 2017, the game I played the most, if I had a lead at half time then the match was over; the second that CB went forward on the other team I would score 7 if I wanted to.

The implementation of the mentality system ruined cup matches completely for me.

Another thing I noticed in cup matches, this year my opponents have started attacking. Didn't matter if they were Barcelona or Nottingham Forest. Seemed very strange to me.

What mentality can do to you defensively is equally as egregious. As I said, my team went ultra defensive so I essentially had to play as the #9 just so my team had some kind of outlet.

The mentality system seems to influence overall positioning which, in the current game, sends to overrule everything else.

So when you have an AI that is coded to use a mentality that doesn't make sense for the context of the match or is too extreme for the context of the match, it's not going to look like what it should.

If its broken has anyone then tried auto-attack/defense level change to see if the game plays better?

I'll try a game now with it on.

Edit : well its only 1 game but it felt good. Was stuck on a 2nd-from-top mentality all game whilst Arsenal started the same and dropped down one after the went 2-1 up. Lost 3-1 to Arsenal exh mode but I think there was a good ebb/flow to the game. Could also be placebo but I'd be interested to see what you guys feel.

As I don't usu play with auto att/def its also a bit difiicult to tell hom wuch pf this is the latest DP. But one thing I'd add - I didn't see the stuttering, backtracking or ignoring the ball that I usually see so I'll give it some more tries and see if this trend continues.

Edit : it was klashed up spurs v arsenal match btw so I think no DDL. Top player. 20 min. Exh, FUMA.

Last edited:
If its broken has anyone then tried auto-attack/defense level change to see if the game plays better?

I'll try a game now with it on.
Do you trust a broken AI to change your att/def mentality? I never did , even in the golden era.
Although the mentality function seems bad implemented, on pes 2015 & 2016 for pc, that you couldn't change mentality, it was a big minus for me, that i don't use all 3 preset tactics, default-offensive-defensive.

Do you trust a broken AI to change your att/def mentality? I never did , even in the golden era.
Although the mentality function seems bad implemented, on pes 2015 & 2016 for pc, that you couldn't change mentality, it was a big minus for me, that i don't use all 3 preset tactics, default-offensive-defensive.

No --- but you have to remind yourself this is a game. what is"mentality"? how can you code for it?

i think switching on the auto att/def means a loss of that FULL MANUAL control feeling but I also spent about 3 months dabbling with these levels when they were introuced in 2013 and I personally couldn't make any good use/sense of them in that time. At this stage I'm willing to experiment if it actually makes this game better.

Give it a shot (if you haven't already) - it could be a game changer and i'd be interested in your expert opinions. I may not be playing pes enough to see the details that you guys do.

No --- but you have to remind yourself this is a game. what is"mentality"? how can you code for it?

i think switching on the auto att/def means a loss of that FULL MANUAL control feeling but I also spent about 3 months dabbling with these levels when they were introuced in 2013 and I personally couldn't make any good use/sense of them in that time. At this stage I'm willing to experiment if it actually makes this game better.

Give it a shot (if you haven't already) - it could be a game changer and i'd be interested in your expert opinions. I may not be playing pes enough to see the details that you guys do.
Replying inversely :
I gave it many shots, cause i think it is needed much in MyClub where tactics are "locked", BUT for some reason and despite i am an "expert" (thanks for the compliment btw! :) ) it always ends up messing my squad IE my RB can end up playing LB, although i try to set up every detail to avoid this and i make small changes IE from 4-3-3 to switch to 4-2-3-1.
Others told me that i am using it wrong and that if you set up every three of the tactics it works as it should. What happens to me always is eitheor it messes the squad positions or evem if it works flawless, it messes the squad if i make substitutions and change tactics after. So for me i do not use it at all. If i need every time for 5 ingame minutes , to pause and go to gameplan and make fixes, it is npt functional, i prefer to press start and do changes at will. Despite this i really hope and wish it works for you or others. I have given up on this.

As for mentality, i mean the attack/defence level. If i set to auto, and i am on the second leg of a CL knockout match, after a 0-0 first leg and in the second leg i concede 0-1 in 5', the AUTO mentality sets the bar to all out attack ( last red), which does not apply to anything in real life. When you are the underdog team in a match, it is like a suicide to go all out attack from 5th minute, even if you need two goals aggregate.

Replying inversely :
I gave it many shots, cause i think it is needed much in MyClub where tactics are "locked", BUT for some reason and despite i am an "expert" (thanks for the compliment btw! :) ) it always ends up messing my squad IE my RB can end up playing LB, although i try to set up every detail to avoid this and i make small changes IE from 4-3-3 to switch to 4-2-3-1.
Others told me that i am using it wrong and that if you set up every three of the tactics it works as it should. What happens to me always is eitheor it messes the squad positions or evem if it works flawless, it messes the squad if i make substitutions and change tactics after. So for me i do not use it at all. If i need every time for 5 ingame minutes , to pause and go to gameplan and make fixes, it is npt functional, i prefer to press start and do changes at will. Despite this i really hope and wish it works for you or others. I have given up on this.

As for mentality, i mean the attack/defence level. If i set to auto, and i am on the second leg of a CL knockout match, after a 0-0 first leg and in the second leg i concede 0-1 in 5', the AUTO mentality sets the bar to all out attack ( last red), which does not apply to anything in real life. When you are the underdog team in a match, it is like a suicide to go all out attack from 5th minute, even if you need two goals aggregate.

Okay - so I agree that the mentality system makes little sense as you've pointed out in the bolded. My PES experimentation time has cut down significantly because its a seemingly open-ended puzzle. But when I read posts like those from @PRO_TOO I'm trying to work out what is it that he's doing to see what he's seeing that I'm not. This could be a factor....

@PRO_TOO, do you set auto att/def to on?

Okay - so I agree that the mentality system makes little sense as you've pointed out in the bolded. My PES experimentation time has cut down significantly because its a seemingly open-ended puzzle. But when I read posts like those from @PRO_TOO I'm trying to work out what is it that he's doing to see what he's seeing that I'm not. This could be a factor....

@PRO_TOO, do you set auto att/def to on?
For @PRO_TOO i will wait too.
For mentality, additionally to the rigid function, i have experienced a more mental difference inside the whole AI mentality thats makes things more or less mental. (This sounds a little bit crazy). That's maybe what the previous posters wanted to say.
Real Life Example: I play pes2017/2018. I am on 60' , 0-1 behind. I set up full attack mentality and gegenpress. There is a 50-50 chance, i score either the 1-1 or concede the 0-2 until the 75'~80'.
Then i play pes2019/2020. Same scenario, losing 0-1 on 60'. Setting full attack and gegenpress and it is, either 90% i concede 3 goals the next 10 minutes, resulting in a 0-4, or 10% i equalise 1-1. Excluding all payback script/handicaps by the CPU from the equitation.

Of course my example is oversimplified cause all over PES from 17 until now there are different variables like different stamina/fatigue effect, different cpu cheating, etc, etc. But what i take as a final result is if all out attack mentality is 1xtime broken in 2017, it is 5xtimes broken in 2020.
Practically in 2020 i will use only all out attack in a last minute corner, if i want the keeper to come for a header, or only in the last 2~3 in game minutes and only if the score is 0-1 and it is the final of the Galaxy or the Universe* cup tournament and nothing less. In any other case in the recent PES, i use the +1 red attacking bar (never the +2) no matter if i need 1/2, 1 , 2 , or 5 goals.

To conclude it, maybe it is something subjective, for me maybe it is broken, for someone else maybe it is more realistic.

PS: *And only if the Universe tournament is, whichever universe looses , it gets erased, like the Universe Survival Ark in Dragon Ball Super!!! :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom