eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I’ve really been enjoying this lately. Playing with CSKA Moscow master league, top player home matches and superstar away. Basic passing, advanced shooting, Even bumped the speed down to -1. Might be because with Akinfeev as captain CSKA start with 93 team chemistry so I haven’t noticed any scripting or BS from the AI. I also made sure to remove deep defensive line from every other RPL team before I started. When this game is clicking and plays well man does it play really well.

I’ve really been enjoying this lately. Playing with CSKA Moscow master league, top player home matches and superstar away. Basic passing, advanced shooting, Even bumped the speed down to -1. Might be because with Akinfeev as captain CSKA start with 93 team chemistry so I haven’t noticed any scripting or BS from the AI. I also made sure to remove deep defensive line from every other RPL team before I started. When this game is clicking and plays well man does it play really well.
Good to hear ,there's hope!

20200310_002111.jpg

And the cup run is all over for my brave 3 star Championship team, finally knocked out at the quarter final stage by Manchester United, who used their vastly superior skill and talent to [pepper my goal with relentless, varied and unpredictable attacking moves until they finally forced the winner in extra time beat me with two attacks in 120 minutes.

1 nil win fuma legendary , league mode

Still prefer pa 1 with adv shooting , ai feels much more challenging

Seeing a few fouls on most games on legendary

Really enjoy this game again

So with the Euro's postponed for a year, will KONAMI still have the rights?
haha, I hope so, this is the only way we could participate 'euro 2020' this year
ofc I don't expect much from the game, but in real life we are sad because of the virus
the postponed of euro 2020, many events suspended
we might spend lots of time staying at home
we football fans want somethings and the game could be the special thing
yeah and just like the last time(2016) konami could just ignore to update national squads because there will not be updated squads in real life LMAO
but come on, do better in other parts.....

Konami still has the rights and the DLC was promissed to come out on April 30 no matter what. I just wish that Konami decides to release it sooner. It shouldn't take much time to make, right? One stadium, ball, presentation.

@ballsinwater for RPL, you may be interested in this patch, because half of the teams don't have real uniforms :(:

View attachment 34415

And the cup run is all over for my brave 3 star Championship team, finally knocked out at the quarter final stage by Manchester United, who used their vastly superior skill and talent to [pepper my goal with relentless, varied and unpredictable attacking moves until they finally forced the winner in extra time beat me with two attacks in 120 minutes.

...and look, 3 free kicks for the cpu and none for you. I don't think I've ever seen that before, except for every single match against the cpu.

...and look, 3 free kicks for the cpu and none for you. I don't think I've ever seen that before, except for every single match against the cpu.

It literally feels like the Cpu is playing with a different set of rules. Maybe that's always been the case to an extent, but it's more glaringly obvious than ever this year with the addition of more 'physicality'.

It's so weird seeing people get little to no fouls when I get 5 to 7 a match.

I remember someone suggesting that is could be something to do with me using s created player with gamesmanship.

Also why are all cup matches played at neutral/random grounds? Doesn't make sense to me

Shout outs to the PSN users thebossita, SirArs85 and giuliorex. After wading with my two mates through an absolute nightmare of garbage Co Op opponents, featuring BS MyClub teams, with Becks, Ronaldino and Salah up front, we finally hit the jackpot and met these three gentlemen for a match of Liverpool (us) against Manchester City. Although we beat them comfortably in the end (our first win this year), it was such a breath of fresh air to not play the high fantasy bollocks that the 50+ level MyClub teams offer.

We of course could not end on a high note and had to play one more match and get our backsides handed to us against a, well, BS Myclub fantasy team. But I still scored the following goal, an absolute beauty if I say so myself.

5 bucks on Konami canceling/cutting/moving the dlc! :P

Oh sorry, you wanted the realistic optimist? Well, he’s still around! ;)

...but busy playing 2017! :LOL:
maybe you are right
its a bit embarrassing they would still release euro2020 this year when in real life it would be euro 2021
there would be much less hype this year because no real life hype support them
once they released this year then what to do next year when the real euro 2021 come?

maybe you are right
its a bit embarrassing they would still release euro2020 this year when in real life it would be euro 2021
there would be much less hype this year because no real life hype support them
once they released this year then what to do next year when the real euro 2021 come?

The Konami marketing guy already said that whatever happened to Euro 2020 the dlc would have still be released.

I don't see how it could be any other way. The money is already paid - both by Konami for license and by us for the game. Both of the major tournaments for this summer are postponed for next year, no need to deprive us of the DLC too. That would suck :TD:
And I am not 100% sure, but I suppose the license would still work for next year... it's the same tournament, under the UEFA brand. So maybe if Konami releases PES 2021 it can add the DLC in there, too but with more stuff. Or maybe it can just add optional update to PES 2020 and keep it as the current game until new consoles come out :EASY:

it's a shame the ratings were not updated for most of the teams this week. It's understandable altough i'd love to have liverpool with poor ratings for a change at least for a week.

I love that my favourite team has A rating and particularly the monster Dzyuba has A rating for this week. 😈
Actually most of the team got a great rating except for Ivanovic who got a "D" because he conceded a stupid penalty IRL.

I will (try to) terrorize defenses in Divisions even if i have to try and stop messi/suarez,mbappe/neymar, mane/salah, ronaldo/dybala 1-2'ing for 99% of the matches.

Fun week ahead, mates. (last with live player rating updates in who knows how long)

Zenit and Russia all the way.

Edit. couldn't help myself and played one game during my working hours..
Very satisfactory win 4-1 against France as Zenit, tbqh the other player was not very good but still it feels great having a huge CF who can hold the ball and connect almost every cross.
Can't wait to finish my job for today so i can continue playing.

Last edited:
it's a shame the ratings were not updated for most of the teams this week. It's understandable altough i'd love to have liverpool with poor ratings for a change at least for a week.

Ironic because they always do poorly in my ML saves. Spurs on the other hand have started the season with 10 straight wins without conceding a goal in 3 different saves now.

Ironic because they always do poorly in my ML saves. Spurs on the other hand have started the season with 10 straight wins without conceding a goal in 3 different saves now.
Spurs and PSG use to win almost every CL/EL in my ML saves.

Some clips from recent matches.

Martial just kinda stops running when he's through on goal. Luckily not something I've seen much this year.

Was practicing playing keeper when Rashford does this :SHOCK:

Fantastic assist here in this match against CSKA. I feel like this shouldn't happen but I'll take the goal.

Rashford actually scoring from outside the box. Great to see.

I really liked Rashford's heading animation here. Right at the keeper. Too much power and not enough time for him to properly react to it.

Never thought I'd see Maguire pull off something like this lol

The game's been feeling more free recently. I dreaded playing on top player before because it felt like my teammates were completely inept. I am still quite concerned about defensive AI (I seem to concede a goal due to a defensive calamity) and I am less but still concerned about how capable opposition AI is able to keep possession but I feel more freedom in attack to make things happen. And my teammates are where I want them to be.

So yeah. Good and bad but better than before i think.

I will say I've been playing on -1 game speed for the last 2 updates. I think I will give -2 another try given how gameplay has changed recently.

I don't see how it could be any other way. The money is already paid - both by Konami for license and by us for the game. Both of the major tournaments for this summer are postponed for next year, no need to deprive us of the DLC too. That would suck :TD:
And I am not 100% sure, but I suppose the license would still work for next year... it's the same tournament, under the UEFA brand. So maybe if Konami releases PES 2021 it can add the DLC in there, too but with more stuff. Or maybe it can just add optional update to PES 2020 and keep it as the current game until new consoles come out :EASY:

do you guys think there will be a standalone disc version of combined PES 2020 + EURO DLC - i saw an image of the box yesterday.

that would be nice to have the latest DP(4 or 5)'d PES 2020 on a disc that would be free from any future online gameplay updates.

do you guys think there will be a standalone disc version of combined PES 2020 + EURO DLC - i saw an image of the box yesterday.

that would be nice to have the latest DP(4 or 5)'d PES 2020 on a disc that would be free from any future online gameplay updates.
It's very likely that this is just the original disc with a different cover.

Let's assume football matches in general are suspended until 2021 due to the situation. Would it even make sense for KONAMI and EA to release PES 2021 and FIFA 21 in this case? There would be a lot of uncertainty regarding the teams, the squads and the leagues, so I don't see what content they could even include in these games.

Let's assume football matches in general are suspended until 2021 due to the situation. Would it even make sense for KONAMI and EA to release PES 2021 and FIFA 21 in this case? There would be a lot of uncertainty regarding the teams, the squads and the leagues, so I don't see what content they could even include in these games.

A perfect year to consider backwards compatible pre 2015 pes versions

could you imagine the return of a graphically superiorPES 2013 in HD with MLO and full online capabilities???????????!!!!!

that would be ace!

Hi Guys

Hope you dont mind me posting here i did just post in master league thread i wasnt sure which i could post in
A friend of mine has a online PS4 pes league which is very similar to master league

Pesleaguesonline.com is a Pes League which has combined aspects of football manager to Pes. You manage all aspects of your club using lower rated players. PesLo has a range of leagues, cups and with live transfers where you can trade players to construct a team and build around your style of play. PesLo offers games that are played in a relaxed and friendly way, with an emphasis on fair play, whilst still remaining competitive due to the league structure, most of all, PesLo managers just want to have fun and enjoy playing PES. Sign-up today and begin your journey in league football

Thanks
Tino

Last edited:
At least they brought back the fouls in the latest patch. Sure it makes the game stop and start, but it added more dimension in the gameplay.

Do you think DP5 is better than 4?

I had a goal today where GK saved and there was a loose ball. All the Barcelona defenders retreated AWAY from the ball whilst my Kane kept going forward and scored.

Had to switch off. I'm confident DP4 played better.

Back
Top Bottom