eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Having another one of those moments where I marvel - without referring to or casting aspersions upon any one individual - at the sheer amount of effort some people feel they have to put in to make their experience acceptable, let alone enjoyable. And, as a result, we barely play the same game.

View attachment 49362

(Me = Mr Burns, lollipop = PES3)

I repeat...

I tried this on PS4 yesterday , this is on 2019 , but will work the same. I have a Bluetooth soundbar under my TV with custom made clamps. So I thought id try and record fifa 20 chants on my phone with commentary off, put it on beginner or 2 player so no sound effects as AI doesn't move then record. Then play it back over Pes on soundbar whilst using TV as commentary basic croud noise , small sample but works well. Personal plan is to record all home team chants for prem league then overlay during Pes league

Genius!

The lengths we have to go to, to make the game bearable in certain aspects (atmosphere being one of them - gameplay being another, with a few of us switching to manual to make PES 2020 bearable, even though the AI is terrible)... It just astonishes me.

PES does not deserve the fanbase it has.

Pes doesn't deserve to be chained to Konami's new way of making money.

Just give the IP to someone who cares, Konami. Sony would be very happy to have a Japan based football game, like it had This is Football in Ps2 era. Could you imagine a Pes with some experienced Pes developers but supported by Sony?

pes 2020 is amazing, the realism and player movement is superb. Hope 2021 on PS5 builds upon this

What makes you believe that PES2021 is in development for Next gen consoles? All indications are that you'll have to wait until next year for PES2022 to be a next gen game.

Pes doesn't deserve to be chained to Konami's new way of making money.

Just give the IP to someone who cares, Konami. Sony would be very happy to have a Japan based football game, like it had This is Football in Ps2 era. Could you imagine a Pes with some experienced Pes developers but supported by Sony?
Even microsoft, Konami have done well but maybe it is time to move on, The rumours of microsoft buying Konami games has died out though

Even microsoft, Konami have done well but maybe it is time to move on, The rumours of microsoft buying Konami games has died out though
It would be interesting if a US based company picked up PES. I just can't see any big brand picking it up though, why would they? PES doesn't make bucket loads of money, it never has done really.

I'd love a small, passionate developer & publisher to pick it up personally. PES needs to back to it's roots for me. And for the love of everything, scrap myClub (won't ever happen of course but I can dream!)

It would be interesting if a US based company picked up PES. I just can't see any big brand picking it up though, why would they? PES doesn't make bucket loads of money, it never has done really.
EA could pick it up just for the laughs.

What makes you believe that PES2021 is in development for Next gen consoles? All indications are that you'll have to wait until next year for PES2022 to be a next gen game.

really? so we would get PES 2021 on current gen? I haven't heard any real news on a new game, don't we usually know by now?

I'd love a small, passionate developer & publisher to pick it up personally. PES needs to back to it's roots for me. And for the love of everything, scrap myClub (won't ever happen of course but I can dream!)
Maybe everyone here at Evo-Web should chip in and revolutionise PES?

Last edited:
A huge thumbs up for the effort of finding a workaround! :APPLAUD:
That’s the evo-web spirit!! :LOVE:
Could do with some help as time is short , if 9 people with fifa recorded 2 teams each 13 min clip then uploaded it would be done in day and ready to download

Could do with some help as time is short , if 9 people with fifa recorded 2 teams each 13 min clip then uploaded it would be done in day and ready to download
If Konami used the brains of 9 of their employee, separated in 2 gameplay groups and working on it for 13 weeks, the other game would be “gone” in a day! ;)

Sorry. Could not resist. I’m still having faith in them... please don’t ask why. :)

EA could pick it up just for the laughs.

I don't think it's so easy to pick Pes, unless Konami decides so.

Konami and every Japanese company is extremely protective of their own property, before giving it to EA they would let Pes die. I talked about Sony because in the end Sony is still a Japanese company, even if with a very important western branch.

Can anyone imagine PES without any of the weird stuff though? Dogs featured in the master league screens (PES 2008?), the San Siro listed twice, hilarious club names like C**turpia etc.

It would be WEIRD if PES wasn't weird.

It would be WEIRD if PES wasn't weird.
It would be a relief, to me personally. It would say they were taking it as seriously as they should given the potential of a FIFA-beater.

But I understand that the Konami touch (i.e. garbled names and stadium banners your mum wrote) is fun to some.

I often wonder what would happen if they passed project development to Europe, to a team tasked with making PES "grow up" as a brand. On and off the pitch.

I can't help but feel half the reason PES still has the silly, laughably fake bits is because it's not considered "silly" in Japan and the people buying it over there don't really watch, or care about - or even compare it to - football. They just love PES itself. (In that PES3 development video in the "retro" thread, Seabass says something along those lines himself.)

It would be a relief, to me personally. It would say they were taking it as seriously as they should given the potential of a FIFA-beater.

But I understand that the Konami touch (i.e. garbled names and stadium banners your mum wrote) is fun to some.

I often wonder what would happen if they passed project development to Europe, to a team tasked with making PES "grow up" as a brand. On and off the pitch.

I can't help but feel half the reason PES still has the silly, laughably fake bits is because it's not considered "silly" in Japan and the people buying it over there don't really watch, or care about - or even compare it to - football. They just love PES itself. (In that PES3 development video in the "retro" thread, Seabass says something along those lines himself.)
I don't think it's fun myself. I'm just saying, it would be weird (in the case for most of us a GOOD thing) if PES wasn't so damn crazy.

interesting! let's dive into that topic a bit deeper, please!

have we ever discussed in detailed how many copy getting sold over there? how is the community (like ours) doing over there? how are singleplayer and online modes independently received by that audience? how is the modding scene doing over there? do we have english speaking users from asia here in the forums? do we have european PES users working or living over there in asia? any connection?!

i know from a few mod and patch projects and a passionate community from south america. i heard about the north american (mostly US) market but its not that big, afair. and we have the european market, wich we know the best, tight!? btw: what about africa and australia?!
but i dont want to take it too far. lets stick with the asian community topic for now (see my questions above please)!

The only part of the game that I can comment on, regarding reception of PES in another region and the audiences interest, would be in the Team Play lobby. UK servers have around 20-30 players most evenings... Brazil has around 150. I’m on Xbox. The UK rooms are 2 or 3 or 4 people. Locked from everyone else.
the Brazilian lobbies are open. 6 or 7 rooms with 9 or 10 a-side.
Full. brimming with life, enjoyment and fun.
draw your own conclusions from that.

and I don’t mean about pes in particular

No way Konami would let Pes go, they'll milk ShyteClub for every penny they can get.

Personally I'd like to see a 3rd party build a Pes 5/6 clone with a user share editor, and release it as a digital budget arcade title.

No way Konami would let Pes go, they'll milk ShyteClub for every penny they can get.

Personally I'd like to see a 3rd party build a Pes 5/6 clone with a user share editor, and release it as a digital budget arcade title.
This makes far too much sense - therefore it won't happen.

Gimme a BAL mode and player cam and I'm in

I feel as if some basic market research is in order for Konami. And EA for that matter.

The rabid piranhas may one day lose their energy, their bellies full of cards, legends and abuse from strangers.

Where's the contingency? Especially if lootboxes and clamped down on.

Enter the slow moving, elegent carp like me that just wants some nice water to swim about in. There's plenty of us, too.

Oft discussed, that Konami could serve us carp (take pun here) and leave the piranhas to EA, instead of going for piranhas as well. Or one or either title gives a game that leaves no fish behind, perhaps with two or more different game modes.

If you've gotten lost by or bored with this analogy, I don't blame you.

I feel as if some basic market research is in order for Konami. And EA for that matter.

The rabid piranhas may one day lose their energy, their bellies full of cards, legends and abuse from strangers.

Where's the contingency? Especially if lootboxes and clamped down on.

Enter the slow moving, elegent carp like me that just wants some nice water to swim about in. There's plenty of us, too.

Oft discussed, that Konami could serve us carp (take pun here) and leave the piranhas to EA, instead of going for piranhas as well. Or one or either title gives a game that leaves no fish behind, perhaps with two or more different game modes.

If you've gotten lost by or bored with this analogy, I don't blame you.

I like this analogy. Good post. In regards to the part I've bolded - IS there enough of us though? That's the burning question. I think the footballing video game landscape has changed so much in the last 5-10 years that we're a tiny minority now. Not enough to give Konami/EA food for thought.

On saying this - there are some very popular Career Mode YouTube steamers. So maybe there are more likeminded people who only really care about the single player experience?

I don't know.

I don't think it's fun myself. I'm just saying, it would be weird (in the case for most of us a GOOD thing) if PES wasn't so damn crazy.
I'm not so sure - PES was at its best at the peak of the craziness... PES5 and 6 had horse, shark, dog and cat heads, penguin suits, players riding on giant ostriches etc...

The new ones don't have any of that weird stuff, and if anything I think the shift towards being more serious/realistic in modern editions has been a bad thing. It takes itself too seriously, it's too clinical, there's no flair or imagination in it's design even if that did sometimes spill over into insanity at points in the series past.

They even seem to have started prioritising generic licensing deals over recent years over using artistic license to build something that captures the feeling and atmosphere of football. Who gives a shit if the Danish league has kits and badges when the players look and play like 22 clones and they play in about 3 stadiums all season? It's bland quantity over quality with seemingly zero enthusiasm or passion put into it from anybody at any stage of it's production. That's the feeling I get from the game and series as a whole lately but you couldn't say that about classic PES.

Back
Top Bottom