eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Yes..Don’t Like it..

I’m not worried about updates or data packs and can edit the game myself thanks to some great uploads already form the community..

Just loved the demo gameplay..Don’t get me wrong..Version 1.0 is better but you don’t lose anything that made that demo feel so free and so loose...and ultimelty more rythmic.

I love the error and miscontrol to much..it’s been slightly watered down.
So is it actually possible to add real kits to version 1.0? If so, how do you do it?
I always thought it was restricted unless you you were connected to the internet which means playing with the patch?

Absolutely tearing my hair out against the CPU defensive A.i. They just don't give you an inch anymore, very repetitive. Those lovely little tussles in the demo where you push the defender off & broke away have vanished. I just cannot break them down, they stick to you like superglue whoever your playing.... I just can't score

Back to version 1.00 it is.

I completely understand where you are coming from. Played about 15 hrs. 15 min matches superstar PA 1. I’ve spoken to some Konami peeps about a few things...

1) The game does feel less free and more “familiar”

2) My players feel a tad sluggish on the ball especially compared to how fluid the A.I. is on the ball

3) right stick, because of this sluggish feel, is pretty fuckin useless against the A.I. Not sure how it will be online from a feature standpoint

4) The physicality has been toned down. Play with Thiago in the demo then play with him in final game patched and those quick smaller players get beasted off the ball way too easily. Even a Konami guy I spoke with noticed it and fed it back to the team but said changes will depend on fan feedback :(

5) seeing a lot of similar shot trajectories from myself and A.I. whereas in demo I saw more variety

On the positives side the attacking A.I. From the cpu has a lot of variety. The game is a lot like the demo its just ashame important element get toned down at release the add up to a diff experience over time.

This is just one man’s opinion

I don't mind the game being difficult but it's like playing against a brick wall in 1.01. Just had a game on the vanilla version & it's so much more fun & free. More fouls & more random outcomes in attack.

It's actually staggering how different the two versions of the game are. They're both very good but personally I find 1.00 much more enjoyable.

So would you say the AI is good/aggressive enough on 1.00 ? Noticing any differences to 1.01 AI?

Absolutely tearing my hair out against the CPU defensive A.i. They just don't give you an inch anymore, very repetitive. Those lovely little tussles in the demo where you push the defender off & broke away have vanished. I just cannot break them down, they stick to you like superglue whoever your playing.... I just can't score

Back to version 1.00 it is.

This is the same thing i found. In the demo and 1.00, theres a chance you can just barge and stumble your way through with the right player. With the patch, it's almost impossible, too binary, you're either through or not. In the demo especially, you could think youd lost a battle and end up powering through in the end, the outcome of each situation all over the pitch was on a knife edge till the moment the outcome was decided.

In terms of breaking through teams, in a lot of matches, especially premier league, teams dont often find it difficult to break through the opposition midfield and get in to the final third, even when teams are defending with a middle block. It's often the decision making that let's lesser teams down in the final third, not that they cant get through the opposition.
I'm a liverpool fan and even with our pressing being so efficient, teams still get through our midfield regularly. But often it's great back line defending or poor decision making that prevents goals.
The demo especially allowed for this freedom. It opened up the pitch so that there was freedom to build attacks vertically, yet also compressed play enough to not make it too easy.
1.00 also does this.
1.01 felt like it fell back on the pes rubber banding model of compressing time and space artificially so you felt like the opposition was swamping you on superstar just when you were about to do something meaningful.

I completely understand where you are coming from. Played about 15 hrs. 15 min matches superstar PA 1. I’ve spoken to some Konami peeps about a few things...

2) My players feel a tad sluggish on the ball especially compared to how fluid the A.I. is on the ball

3) right stick, because of this sluggish feel, is pretty fuckin useless against the A.I. Not sure how it will be online from a feature standpoint

4) The physicality has been toned down. Play with Thiago in the demo then play with him in final game patched and those quick smaller players get beasted off the ball way too easily. Even a Konami guy I spoke with noticed it and fed it back to the team but said changes will depend on fan feedback :(

5) seeing a lot of similar shot trajectories from myself and A.I. whereas in demo I saw more variety

On the positives side the attacking A.I. From the cpu has a lot of variety. The game is a lot like the demo its just ashame important element get toned down at release the add up to a diff experience over time.

Yeah I hear you mate, totally agree. Have you tried playing the game without the patch? It's very close to the demo, physicality is better, more freedom in attack etc. A.i not as good going forward though as 1.1 but the gameplay is much more enjoyable.

Give it a go and let me know what you think if you haven't already.

Can someone advise me.

In gameplan, there is ‘support range.’

I want my players to come short and always offer me a passing option. On the screen it says ‘the higher the level, the more players tend to spread themselves out.’

But I find that when it’s at 10/10, the players come short, not spread out.

I’ve always wondered this.
I’m 100% convinced that the players own traits and advanced tactics completely override those pointless settings. I’ve spent ages testing it and they seem so painfully inconsistent.

Tiki-taka is the only sure way I’ve found to make sure players come short, but if you want players to make runs in behind at some point you have to use Centred Targets or Wing Rotation along with it.

Having said all that, players traits seem to override everything else completely because an attacking fullback will ignore what you tell him to and bomb forward anyway!

So would you say the AI is good/aggressive enough on 1.00 ? Noticing any differences to 1.01 AI?
They are not as good going forward but still absolutely fine on 1.00. what bothers me the most on 1.1 is you hardly ever break free or turn a man when attacking like in the demo. They are cutting out everything & always come out first in a physical duel. The physicality is more fair & randomised on 1.0 and pace actually matters. I cannot for the life of me get in behind the back four on 1.1, pace feels irrelevant.

I find the whole experience dumbed down & repetitive with the update. It's rigid & predictable.

Oh man...
First less fouls, now all this.
I was so excited about this game. It breaks my soul.

I respect all points of view and thoughts, but I think social media really is the worst weapon for those of us looking for a realistic game.

Its just these little subtle changes that add up. Over time of playing they just become more and more noticeable and irritating.

Servers aren’t up yet so dunno how online will be. Demo online was so much fun against friends.

It’s like in PES we now have it so difficult to get space and get in behind then there’s is FIFA’s where they give you so many options to take spaces and get in behind. Can’t we get a good mix haha

Can someone advise me.

In gameplan, there is ‘support range.’

I want my players to come short and always offer me a passing option. On the screen it says ‘the higher the level, the more players tend to spread themselves out.’

But I find that when it’s at 10/10, the players come short, not spread out.

I’ve always wondered this.

Are you playing a short or long game? Possession or counter?
I feel they make a difference but not always in a way that's clear I'm afraid.
Also depends on what shape opposition have taken.

After playing Demo for a month I was 100% decided to buy PC steam version, but this "Updategate" it's killing me.

There's a way to download any game version on steam. But the problem it's this update has been launched before the game release so PC users don't know if PES 1.0.0 will exist on Steam depository.

This means that maybe, the best PES 2020 version (Demo code polished and without PS4 input lag issues) won't be accesible for anyone. Really shitty mates...

This is the same thing i found. In the demo and 1.00, theres a chance you can just barge and stumble your way through with the right player. With the patch, it's almost impossible, too binary, you're either through or not. In the demo especially, you could think youd lost a battle and end up powering through in the end, the outcome of each situation all over the pitch was on a knife edge till the moment the outcome was decided.

In terms of breaking through teams, in a lot of matches, especially premier league, teams dont often find it difficult to break through the opposition midfield and get in to the final third, even when teams are defending with a middle block. It's often the decision making that let's lesser teams down in the final third, not that they cant get through the opposition.
I'm a liverpool fan and even with our pressing being so efficient, teams still get through our midfield regularly. But often it's great back line defending or poor decision making that prevents goals.
The demo especially allowed for this freedom. It opened up the pitch so that there was freedom to build attacks vertically, yet also compressed play enough to not make it too easy.
1.00 also does this.
1.01 felt like it fell back on the pes rubber banding model of compressing time and space artificially so you felt like the opposition was swamping you on superstar just when you were about to do something meaningful.
Exactly my thoughts. It's like they've patched the fun, randomness & excitement out of it. It still plays an excellent game of footy on 1.1 but the possibilities going forward have been reduced & now have a set of rules that are difficult to break. It's a bit boring knowing you ain't got a chance of maybe breaking through or shrugging off that defender. It's not 50/50 anymore.

I was so hyped for the release just a day ago, now the view changed completely.
If it is not like the demo then i think i will just wait for the price to drop and get it during december

Exactly my thoughts. It's like they've patched the fun, randomness & excitement out of it. It's still plays an excellent game of footy on 1.1 but the possibilities going forward have been reduced & now have a set of rules that are difficult to break. It's a bit boring knowing you ain't got a chance of maybe breaking through or shrugging off that defender. It's not 50/50 anymore.

That "set of rules" feeling is exactly it. The pes set of rules from all ps4 games feels gone in 1.00. You just play like they do on television and it by and large happens...

C’mon now guys, just look at the demo thread:

Day 1: “oh it’s terrible, I hate it”.
Day 10: “hate to admit it, but it’s growing on me”.
Day 20: “best game ever. I never doubted Konami”.

There’s no point getting disheartened until you’ve played it yourself and sunk some good hours into it.

players traits seem to override everything else completely because an attacking fullback will ignore what you tell him to and bomb forward anyway!
I was putting both my attacking fullbacks on Defensive in 19 and they indeed stayed back.I'm pretty sure it's the same on 20.So these things work and aren't get overridden by traits as you say.

That "set of rules" feeling is exactly it. The pes set of rules from all ps4 games feels gone in 1.00. You just play like they do on television and it by and large happens...
It's so good isn't it!? Why on earth would they decide to take a big portion of the fun away? It's baffling & now I'm stuck playing the game without updates unless something drastic changes.

I'm very thankful that this version exists though and they can never take it away but it just sucks that I'm now limited with what I can do to the game. Imagine if the out the box version was 1.1....

There’s no point getting disheartened until you’ve played it yourself and sunk some good hours into it.

You should all formulate your own opinions after playing. Don’t take mine or someone else’s as gospel bro.

I was putting both my attacking fullbacks on Defensive in 19 and they indeed stayed back.I'm pretty sure it's the same on 20.So these things work and aren't get overridden by traits as you say.
That’s exactly what I said; that advanced tactics AND players traits override the support sliders. Sorry if I didn’t make it particularly clear, but to be more specific the game appears to prioritise (at least as far as I can see) advanced tactics > player traits > team tactics.

I couldn’t quote every single possibility in my last post, but you’re absolutely right, defensive will keep your fullbacks back.

The problem is that it is the ONLY way to keep attacking fullbacks back, and wastes your only two attacking options. Even if you go into the formation and place them on your own corner flag they still bomb forward. Formation is like a starting position.

You should all formulate your own opinions after playing. Don’t take mine or someone else’s as gospel bro.
Exactly! It’s good to hear someone else’s views, but we all know how drastically different we all think about PES that you can’t take what someone else says as fact.

Last edited:
It hasn’t been removed mate :)
They’ve just changed the controls for it. Can’t remember what it is off the top of my head but it’s definitely still there.

I saw people talking about a way to do it on twitter a few weeks ago but it definitely wasn't the same mechanic as it has been for the last few years. It felt like a poor workaround that wasn't as intuitive to execute, couldn't be used in the same circumstances and didn't really produce the same result. But maybe I'm talking about something else. Can you let me know if you remember how it's done please, I really miss it.

I hear you pal but that means I have to spend my money on it. I thought the demo was a guideline for the final product. At least that how these things should work...

I hear you pal but that means I have to spend my money on it. I thought the demo was a guideline for the final product. At least that how these things should work...
Okay. You win :D
Best keep the receipt in case you need to take it back!

I saw people talking about a way to do it on twitter a few weeks ago but it definitely wasn't the same mechanic as it has been for the last few years. It felt like a poor workaround that wasn't as intuitive to execute, couldn't be used in the same circumstances and didn't really produce the same result. But maybe I'm talking about something else. Can you let me know if you remember how it's done please, I really miss it.
That’s how I feel about the entire skill move system.

I definitely saw on Weedens YouTube channel. Some skill move tutorial.

Back
Top Bottom