eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Also, how do you knock the ball in front of the player (i.e. teeing the ball up for a big kick like in PES 2019)?

As @rojofa said, it's been removed. There are 2 things you can do instead, although both are woefully inadequate compared to the previous controls.

1) hold both Right shoulder buttons as the ball comes to your player (no Left stick).

or

2) double tap sprint so that you get the big touch on the ball with backspin. This usually has to be done by pushing towards the direction the ball has just come from.

Both have to be done as first touches and you no longer have a choice of direction in which to knock the ball. Stupid decision.

Last edited:
I watched galatasaray vs real madrid.. pes is so similar to real football(superstar fuma or pa1).. except foul decissions it is so close to real thing.. mistakes shots gk positioning animations etc.. pes 2020 is a very good game in general and can be elite with a proper patch.. finger crossed for last 2 days

Superstar cheats too. Top Player cant attack. The balance is ass.

Superstar has been really enjoyable for tbh,the cheating isnt an issue, its not overpowered too much.

The balance for me is Top Player (1.0)
If the AI were more clinical it would be perfect.

I just find top player a little to easy.

The responsiveness will be sorted as it always is with the next patch and we will see how the gameplay evolves from there.

I watched galatasaray vs real madrid.. pes is so similar to real football(superstar fuma or pa1).. except foul decissions it is so close to real thing.. mistakes shots gk positioning animations etc.. pes 2020 is a very good game in general and can be elite with a proper patch.. finger crossed for last 2 days

Yeah, I don't ever play full manual vs the CPU, i find PA1 is fine, the AI are weird and passive when you use full manual against them, Full manual for me is at its best vs another human :)

Good time to make sure all your OFs are installed and set up etc. because who knows what the patch will do... it could be a big bust. I personally wont install the patch until a few days if ever to find out the feedbacks and stuff. So it could be impossible to import new things starting tomorrow night.

If they could only reduce the accuracy of AI tackling by about 10% to start with, and see if it needs further reduction from there.
Increasing the ref strictness when in the box would be a nice step.
I'm wondering if a small change like that would open up dribbling, fouls and penalties.

Obviously the way pes is built, they tweak one thing and knock ten other gameplay elements out of balance. Hopefully when they move to the new engine they just don't port over this ancient code as a foundation to build upon like they did with Fox. Being able to tweak separate gameplay parameters without upsetting the core balance is surely a must after decades of the same problems. As well as getting rid of the damn rail running and freeing up the game for good.

If they could only reduce the accuracy of AI tackling by about 10% to start with, and see if it needs further reduction from there.
Increasing the ref strictness when in the box would be a nice step.
I'm wondering if a small change like that would open up dribbling, fouls and penalties.

Obviously the way pes is built, they tweak one thing and knock ten other gameplay elements out of balance. Hopefully when they move to the new engine they just don't port over this ancient code as a foundation to build upon like they did with Fox. Being able to tweak separate gameplay parameters without upsetting the core balance is surely a must after decades of the same problems. As well as getting rid of the damn rail running and freeing up the game for good.
Great approach mate.. 10% is insufficent.. let them reduce ai agresiveness and tackle success 20-25% & increase refree fouls giving by % 20-25 .. then i am fit.. ☺️

If they are about to increase ref strictness ,i believe that they should modify the cpu's aggressiveness on the ball D, otherwise with the current setup ,cpu will commit a large amount of fouls & given how easy is to score with direct free kicks it will affect gameplay. Therefore, i believe they have to alter Cpu's def mentality to keep balance. Not necessarily tone down the aggressiveness for complete match but maybe having them to be aggressive for some short of periods during the match especially if they need to come back or need a goal instead of trying to steal the ball constantly.

But I understand that it has to be done with some caution because everybody don’t play with the same Difficulty level so for every modification they must find a balance between difficulties to keep the game challenging but “fair” for everybody which is tough task

Anyway it been a long time since release & for some reason i believe they will come up with a good balance this time.The good thing is that they seem to try to filter community feedback.

what the feedback gives them, it’s a different issue...

At the moment this game makes me want to smash my controller against the wall!!!!
So many times the cpu makes me stumble and lose the ball, i hate it.

I got fouled by the cpu (ok, nice). It was a sliding tackle, you could hear a crunch and almost see the bone sticking out.
Foul was called but that's all.
Then a few mins later, i do a standing tackle, nothing special, foul is called (ok, fine) and I get a yellow card.

Damn this game makes me angry some times.

At the moment this game makes me want to smash my controller against the wall!!!!
So many times the cpu makes me stumble and lose the ball, i hate it.

I got fouled by the cpu (ok, nice). It was a sliding tackle, you could hear a crunch and almost see the bone sticking out.
Foul was called but that's all.
Then a few mins later, i do a standing tackle, nothing special, foul is called (ok, fine) and I get a yellow card.

Damn this game makes me angry some times.
You have to abide and arrange yourself with mechanics undortunately.. dont dribble much.. use wides more on center cpu is more letal... be safe on passes .. use long pass more.. make gegen press and front pressure..

Already posted?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ldrens-worries-about-spending-in-online-games
Closer and closer to a lootbox regulation similar to what already happened in Belgium. The moment UK declares lootboxes as gambling EA and Konami are forced to remove them from Myclub and FUT and they will be forced to actually make a football game instead of a gambling machine with other secondary modes (offline modes).

Already posted?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ldrens-worries-about-spending-in-online-games
Closer and closer to a lootbox regulation similar to what already happened in Belgium. The moment UK declares lootboxes as gambling EA and Konami are forced to remove them from Myclub and FUT and they will be forced to actually make a football game instead of a gambling machine with other secondary modes (offline modes).
This is a start, fingers crossed it gets some movement.

Lets hope the patch delivers tomorrow!

finnaly opened it. played 4 games. i quite enjoyed it. seems better than pes 19 . more physical

too early to see faults mind you. will play properly after 1.4 patch(a positive hopefully)when i am back from weekend away to watch inter milan!

You have to abide and arrange yourself with mechanics undortunately.. dont dribble much.. use wides more on center cpu is more letal... be safe on passes .. use long pass more.. make gegen press and front pressure..

I actually only use Front Pressure if I'm chasing a game and on offensive mentality. Otherwise I stay with conservative. I found that against some teams, Frontline, without enough bodies to back it up, just wastes forward's stamina and give the CPU higher possession (as they mess around with it at the back). I prefer to draw them on to me as, although it seems counter to the desired effect, sitting off means the CPU comes forward sooner and you get a better opportunity to win the ball back sooner.

Gegen press still works in this mode of defence. It is ideal for keeping the pressure on if you loses the ball high up the pitch. But only for 5-10 seconds, then players will give up and drop off again.

Also, dribble where you like. But just like real football, only dribble where it's 'worth it'. The risk of losing the ball and being caught out of position needs to be outweighed by the positive results of success. It's nearly always worth it out wide as success gives a chance of a carefully placed cross, but failure usually means either a throw-in, or plenty of time for players across the rest of the pitch to get back to defend in time.

Dribbling in the middle of the park should mostly be a no go (except on fast breaks). But due to the space in midfield (roll on Thursday), it can be worth it to have an extra man past a player to help breakdown the back 6 (should be 4, but again, roll on Thursday!).

Already posted?

I suspect if that does happen (and lobbying is very effective on the UK parliament, so we'll see), we'll get a split into a 'paid for' game and then the 'free' 18+ version for FUT/MC. And, if it does, we can only hope the paid version makes enough money to be worth them keeping...

thanks for the reply.
Although i do not disagree with you, i do not see how this changes what i mentioned : my fouls being yellow cards a lot, compared to the cpu not getting yellows for bigger fouls.
Also, the stumbling happens everywhere on the field, in my opinion it is just something wrong with the game.
I don't dribble a lot as i suck at it, so i mostly play a passing game.

Some games are better than others, and i still like the game, it's just that things like this are really annoying.

thanks for the reply.
Although i do not disagree with you, i do not see how this changes what i mentioned : my fouls being yellow cards a lot, compared to the cpu not getting yellows for bigger fouls.
Also, the stumbling happens everywhere on the field, in my opinion it is just something wrong with the game.

Some games are better than others, and i still like the game, it's just that things like this are really annoying.

For yellows, I've not seen anything in the game to suggest they are based on the severity of the tackle at all (only on reds, which I've not seen enough of in 5 seasons). I think yellows are only based on the game situation (more likely to get a yellow when they have a large number of player in front of the ball), it's probably some algorithm to try and identifying a denied counter-attack. They might also be based on repetition as I remember a few instances where a player 'on their final warning', according to the commentator, got a yellow with their next foul. But this might just be selective memory remembering the few times it has happened, but not the countless times it didn't :)

I have a question..will the Serie b license tomorrow just overwrite our current Option file we already have for the serie b league ? Shouldnt mess anything up I guess..

I have a question..will the Serie b license tomorrow just overwrite our current Option file we already have for the serie b league ? Shouldnt mess anything up I guess..

It depends on what you 'allow' the update to alter I think (I can't remember what the choice is called) and what is in the option file you currently use. If all your option did was change the team names and kits and so forth. I don't see there being a problem. But if your option file contains added players that happen to share ID with potential new players added by the update tomorrow, you could end up with those added players disappearing.

thanks for the reply.

Stumbling happens more if you sprint too much. Using shielding and timed sprint it's less of a problem

It depends on what you 'allow' the update to alter I think (I can't remember what the choice is called) and what is in the option file you currently use. If all your option did was change the team names and kits and so forth. I don't see there being a problem. But if your option file contains added players that happen to share ID with potential new players added by the update tomorrow, you could end up with those added players disappearing.
Yeah I know what you mean..its apply data for latest squad updates and formations..I will not tick the box cause it messes up the lineups every time so I tend not to do it later on. I just have the normal Pesuniverse V1 file, think they just renamed the teams,players and kits for the serie b..

Has anyone of you have it, that a player had been injured after a tackle and had to be subbed immediately?
I remember having that in PES 2019 a couple of times.

Here, I just have the announcement, that a player has been injured while training and he´s out for a couple of days only.
That´s not really satisfying.
I want to be challenged....I want to struggle to buy a player and having him tackled so hard, that he´s out for months.
Not all the time of course, but I want it to happen.
It literally never happens with this release, but I know we had it already a couple of releases ago.

Has anyone of you have it, that a player had been injured after a tackle and had to be subbed immediately?
I remember having that in PES 2019 a couple of times.

Here, I just have the announcement, that a player has been injured while training and he´s out for a couple of days only.
That´s not really satisfying.
I want to be challenged....I want to struggle to buy a player and having him tackled so hard, that he´s out for months.
Not all the time of course, but I want it to happen.
It literally never happens with this release, but I know we had it already a couple of releases ago.

I've had it a couple of times yeah, in my master league during a derby and in a world cup.

Pes 2020 is the only game that i ve seen every match feels totaly different in gameplay manner:
One game:
Sluggish
Slow
Unresponsive

Just next game:
Responsive
Perfect taste
Great speed
Just like real football

I know real football and teams are inconsistent too.. but the gameplay is changed a lot in ever match in every mode in every stadium etc... i dunno it is a good or bad thing also i dunno if konami does it deliberately or is a gameplay issue

Back
Top Bottom