eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

It's true Liga Aguila no longer licensed but as far as i know all the players and team names are still real / licensed. I don't comment too much about licensing issue, obviously it is a complicated matter and we are not privy to all the details

But no update to player attributes is little disappointing. There are many players rated higher and lower than their real-performance. This need fixed ASAP as most European league already approach mid-season.

It's true Liga Aguila no longer licensed but as far as i know all the players and team names are still real / licensed. I don't comment too much about licensing issue, obviously it is a complicated matter and we are not privy to all the details
Just asked cause i want to see if i need to free 60~80 kit image slots..

Oh, i stand corrected, all the real kits from Colombian League now gone. I have applied and tested the latest DP myself
Oh god...and i was sure that i finished the team editing for this year. Lets get back to work. Thank god junior mantis and someone from here( @Lami or @*aLe IIRC) have extracted the official kits from previous DPs...
Being KONAMI and trying to handle so much licensed leagues, when you are not able of, results your database being like the pirate ship from Asterix.... Sooner or latter it will sink.....

But no update to player attributes is little disappointing. There are many players rated higher and lower than their real-performance. This need fixed ASAP as most European league already approach mid-season.
disappointed? every year is the same what do you expect?
they never update players stats during the season
I remember years ago when they first time introduced liveupdate
I was thinking these would update players stats, teams tactics etc
but all they did was just to change players form, line up and formation which are very basic and poor

konami are such a useless company, the update reseted all the modified formations, took me a while to set up the serie A, no respect to the consumer at all, so pissed off right now

Have EA swiped the Columbian league off Konami? Not something ive ever ventured into so not fussed but South America is dominated by PES right? So EA will want to try and crush Konami there as well?

Guys patch is out ..
Yesterday just befote sleeping i made a match c.palace vs c.palace .. 25 min legend full manual.. just to see difference today with patch i selected same teams to prevent handicapping.. today i woke up and set up the patch i made 2 matches with same settings here are my findouts:

Pros
- super ai tackling toned down you can dribble now
- better palyer switch
- better loose ball anticipation
- ai play better football more variety
- more freedom
- headers are improved .. you can win headers against ai now

Cons:
- collision fouls are same no change
- refs are same incınsistent on yellow and reds
- game became easier .. as a guy who loves challange and plays on legend it is not good for me but you can switch up to upper difficulty

I am super happy with patch in general.. i wasnt hoping that they tone down super ai defemding...

Good job konami
Good stuff.

Have EA swiped the Columbian league off Konami? Not something ive ever ventured into so not fussed but South America is dominated by PES right? So EA will want to try and crush Konami there as well?
EA bought the Copa Libertadores license recently, so it's safe to say they are trying to expand in South America.

FYI

A new Update File (Data Pack 3.00 & Patch 1.03.00) was released on 05/12/2019. See below for details.

■ Changes to the Colombian League

・Changes made to the in-game name of the Colombian league. Changes also made to league and team emblems, club names and strips.

■ Updates and Additions

・New stadium added, updates to existing stadiums

・Cinematic footage of stadium exteriors and player tunnels added

・Updates to some club team names

・Updated victory cinematics for some leagues

・Added new Goal Celebrations for some players

・New/updated face models

・New/updated player portraits

・New Manager portraits

・Updated strips

・New boot models

・Updated cinematics for some leagues

■ Other Changes

Matchday

・The total Event Points accumulated by each side will now be displayed during the Group Match Stage.

・A timer counting down until the beginning of the Grand Final will now be displayed after each Side's Representative has been selected.

・The result of each Matchday Grand Final will now be displayed for all Matchday participants.

・Various other design changes have also been made to Matchday mode.

■ Fixes

・Various fixes applied to players and player data, including positions and players whose stronger foot was incorrect in-game.

・Fixed an issue that prevented you from changing the ball type in Local Matches played between Spanish League clubs.

■ Gameplay Adjustments

Fixes ・Fixed an issue that prevented you from kicking a Controlled Shot if your Shot Type was set to 'Manual', or you attempted to shoot a ball manually using Manual Controls.

・Fixed an issue that prevented both previous and planned substitutions from being displayed for all match participants.

・Fixed an issue that caused Finesse Dribble to trigger when attempting to use the right stick to select a message from the chat function immediately before trapping a ball in Team Play Lobbies.

・Fixed an issue affecting the 'Stadium' camera setting, which would occasionally result in the camera failing to track a ball that had been cleared after a corner kick.

・Fixed an issue where certain phrases in the commentary did not match actual gameplay.

■ Other Updates

A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

---------------------------

Cant wait to give the variety of minor adjustments a spin tonight and/or tomorrow.

FYI

・Fixed an issue where certain phrases in the commentary did not match actual gameplay.

■ Other Updates

A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

---------------------------

Cant wait to give the variety of minor adjustments a spin tonight and/or tomorrow.
Here we are!!!! This only, is enough for me!!! Good job :) :D :P

Playing on legend it became pure joy after patch.. just like real football... you have time to think more due to decreased ai agressiveness .. by the way for people who use manual shooting r2 (finese shooting) became effective finally.. i scored a 25 mt. R2 goal .. the ball had a great curve.. it was broken before... manual shooting became flawless with this addition...

After appx 10 matches (full manual on legend) here are my final impressions:

Pros:
- lowered ai agressiveness
- more loose balls on tackles
- better player select and loose ball anticipation
- more variety on ai build ups.. no direct perfect 40-50 mt super fast ground passes for cpu.. more long lofted balls played even they play short pass tactic as in real life
- stadium cam tracking fixed
-finese shot working for manual shooting
- you can win headers now. No more 170cm cpu fw winning a header on your 190 cb...

Cons:
- still no fouls on most collisions
- bad refrees
- obvious penalties still not called
- finese dribbling still unreaponsive
- legend is easier due to lowered agresiveness ( i played 10 matches and won 8 draw 2 concede 2-3 goals max.. matches were between similar teams which have identical star rate)

The swines, They destroyed the 2k games and they are doing thier hardest to destroy PES.
I would not blame both companies on this, but the franchises that sell their rights.. NBA, Ligue 1 and Eredivisie are not stupid, having their packages so easily accessible by anyone

There is more random play, which is nice. However, it still feels fairly straightforward from the CPU. Forward pass to striker, striker turns, shot on goal. There have been some nice reverse lobbed passes though. Foul detection in favor of the user seems to be hit or miss, while the CPU gets the advantage in the smallest fouls being called.

I did not expect much from the data pack, but for what is showing, it's a slight improvement. I personally am struggling to enjoy the game overall. I feel it's just kind of boring and linear. Will have to explore with tactics, etc, to see what can be done.

So if I apply the update its goodbye Colombian kits and badges?!

No thanks, I'm not installing it. Happy with how the game plays, I've got no fake teams or kits and I can't be arsed to spend half a day looking for them or having to go through and delete stuff to free up kit spaces.

There is more random play, which is nice. However, it still feels fairly straightforward from the CPU. Forward pass to striker, striker turns, shot on goal. There have been some nice reverse lobbed passes though. Foul detection in favor of the user seems to be hit or miss, while the CPU gets the advantage in the smallest fouls being called.

I did not expect much from the data pack, but for what is showing, it's a slight improvement. I personally am struggling to enjoy the game overall. I feel it's just kind of boring and linear. Will have to explore with tactics, etc, to see what can be done.

Yeah, the last couple of weeks i have been playing ML in the evenings, a few games per night. It slowly but surely is becoming a chore and every evening it takes a bit more effort to switch on my PS4 instead of doing something else.

Overall, i still enjoy it, despite rage quiting at least once every session. I always put on autosave to prevent myself from loading a previous save when i have a bad streak. Yet, some, no, most loses, feel unfair and leave me uttering the dutch equivalent of "you gotta be fucking kidding me" ("godverdomme, nee, godverdomme, dat meen je niet, godver, fuck dit, arghhh"). So, unfortunately i have to admit to closing and rebooting the game before the 90 minutes have played out maybe a dozen times by now. I know, i am a weak person.

This is not to say that my loses came about in an unfair way, quite the opposite actually. Mostly, these are logical and preventable goals if it werent for my own mistakes. Its just that when the CPU has a better and or fitter team, is all out attack and has some fresh blood in the lines while some of my players are too tired to mark upcoming players, oh boy, then you know you are in for trouble.

5 out of 10 times i can keep my focus during such a "here we go, they smell blood" and prevent the goal anyhow. 3 out of 10 times i get lucky and the CPU misses that final pass or shot. Only 2 out of 10 times i fail to keep them at bay. I think thats about OK, percentage wise. Thats football. My gripe, however, is that the CPU only rarely surprises me in this. More often then not you know what the next pass is going to be and its just a matter of you keeping your cool and doing the work. It becomes tedious.

I guess for the most part this is the case for all games; as soon as you know the patterns playing against the CPU is not as fun anymore. Advancements in AI might help create a more dynamic AI that feels even more human and knows how to actually fool you but that will take a while.

Having said this, i dont feel the CPU is always applying the same tactic in my case. Sure the pass-to-striker-turn-shoot happens, but only ever so often. Ive said this before here but maybe its because i always put at least all my defenders on man marking whenever they play with a single striker i mark him with both my CV's). In cases i forgot to apply man marking i immediately noticed the CPU plays a lot more direct so this definately helps.

At first glance I thought the kits looked less baggy but I guess it's wishful thinking to expect that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom