eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Time to launch Evoweb's kickstarter campaign for that sweet football game!
I think that could actually be a viable option if it was done properly and managed well.

There would need to be a working tech demo/prototype, realistic targets and a clear roadmap of what the money would be needed for as some crowdfunded games can often be way too ambitious or just turn into outright scams (e.g. Star Citizen). There have been some successful ones though.

This is a fairly recent one;

When I first saw this on Kickstarter it was a very barebones prototype version, now it's much more fleshed out, released on Steam and seems to be very well received (though still in Early Access and lacking content), but they managed to produce a hardcore simulation for the fans in Unreal Engine that's getting updated and improving all the time after getting off the ground with crowdfunding. A big studio probably wouldn't have taken the risk on such a sim-like game with innovative controls/mechanics but they have managed to take it this far off the back of the Kickstarter.

Licensing info: AS Roma will be PES2021 exclusive
EA can’t use their name anymore and alsoon the site of PES2021 at the bottom AS Roma is listed as a partner club

If that read "We are focusing on offline Gameplay" I would feel excited. The problem is offline vs "esports" gameplay, not licences. The only thing that can make me excited right now is either EA or Konami announcing different gameplay/AI for the two and having different people working on both. How hard can it be?
You said something that made Tick in my head.
referring to what I said before (and I’m only human ;) ), I don’t think esports guys would care about licenses. Or are they?!
When they have their equal matches (like in the other game) and pacing from side to side, skipping replays and intros. do they care about licenses? I don’t think so/I’m not sure.
Never had that thought with the focus on esports. Always saw the bright audience and “us”!

“It’s the guys” that play their online squad and want to win 500+... not esports guys... normal fellas at home.

Hm.. it’s just another piece of the puzzle I guess. So at least we are playing, right?! ;)

:D

Have a lovey Tuesday folks, I’m starting my 4 days of vacation with some blood orange juice on a sunny balcony. :) have a good one!!

Last edited:
Sao Paulo as partner club officially announced (11:03)

Further announcements to follow on 5th, 6th and 11th of august

Last edited:
1. How would you feel?
2. How do you think it would be received across wider audience?

1. Would love this
2. Most likely anger, but then thinking about it, was there that much anger when the days of Pes 2 and 3 were around? People still played the game when they barely had licenses, hell back then they didn't have player names. My Club if you just gave the option to create your own kits and badge I don't think it would be an issue. Once people open a ball and get Bruno Fernandes from Man Red Id be surprised they cared that much. My Club just seems to be about what players you get in a ball.

Question:
How would yall feel if Konami said
- Right, we're taking a new approach. From next Pes onwards - all clubs/leagues are without license. You will have team names as cities and league names as countries.
Instead - we are bringing division 2 and 3 to every league and expanding edit mode. You can create custom made logos, stadiums, update audio files, boots, banners, trophies - whole lot can be customised.
But as for vanilla version - there's sweet fuck all. We are focusing on Gameplay and leave all the rest in your hands.

1. How would you feel?
2. How do you think it would be received across wider audience?

1. Splendid. Unless I had to edit it all myself, then not so splendid.

2. The pick up and play factor would be gone for most of the audience. Even a refined gamer such as myself is guilty of giving the current piece of shit iteration far too much time, due to being swayed by the up to date kits and logos.

Sao Paulo as partner club officially announced (11:03)

Further announcements to follow on 5th, 6th and 11th of august
giphy.gif

Apparently there's a leaked footage of PES2021 with Willian in an Arsenal kit.

That would be exceptionally easy to fake this year, it is a season update after all so it will look pretty much the same.

Konami, since you are barely doing anything else this year, could you maybe return finesse dribbling to what it was before 2020?

giphy.gif

That would be exceptionally easy to fake this year, it is a season update after all so it will look pretty much the same.

Konami, since you are barely doing anything else this year, could you maybe return finesse dribbling to what it was before 2020?

giphy.gif
Make that a +1

giphy.gif

OT but I had just finished registering my phone number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and it made me think of TPS reports and that exact scene of Office Space. I close that tab after registering, come here, straight to this thread, and see that GIF.

Mind blown.

Apparently my drunk self is one step ahead
View attachment 54604

I was going to buy it anyway tbqh
Dude Can I ask you what is the reason to buy this "season update" even with less features, they are offering nothing, a patch for pc has a lot of more features, and I am sorry but for people like you konami is doing this, if they are selling bullshit and you guys buy it without any requirements, game everyyear will have less and less features because you just buying because "is pes right? who cares abour features or remastered ML"

i will not buy it on release for sure, will wait for some YouTube Videos to check if the gameplay has changed. Otherwise when there are no real improvement why should i buy it?Pes 2020 has all i want to have

Dude Can I ask you what is the reason to buy this "season update" even with less features, they are offering nothing, a patch for pc has a lot of more features, and I am sorry but for people like you konami is doing this, if they are selling bullshit and you guys buy it without any requirements, game everyyear will have less and less features because you just buying because "is pes right? who cares abour features or remastered ML"

If someone buys it there is no reason to individually single them out or refer to them as " people like You".

People still buying such a low effort version which is self-admittedly by Konami nothing more than a squad/kit season update are surely part of the problem, by rewarding it with a (almost full AAA price) purchase.

We know this year it's because they're supposedly working towards a rebuild for 2022, but if this sells well then it's just telling them that it's sufficient to do literally nothing from one year to the next.

Nah.. I'll buy it, it's cheap anyway. Never say never & i won't lick my own spit by saying "i'll never buy the game" and when the game is on discount they buy it, lol :P

I have no problem to people who don't want buy the it's fine, they can stick with the old game.

People still buying such a low effort version which is self-admittedly by Konami nothing more than a squad/kit season update are surely part of the problem, by rewarding it with a (almost full AAA price) purchase.

We know this year it's because they're supposedly working towards a rebuild for 2022, but if this sells well then it's just telling them that it's sufficient to do literally nothing from one year to the next.
Nah.. I'll buy it, it's cheap anyway. Never say never & i won't lick my own spit by saying "i'll never buy the game" and when the game is on discount they buy it, lol :P

I have no problem to people who don't want buy the it's fine, they can stick with the old game.
Of course everybody is free to buy whatever they want but we are saying to konami is good what are you doing keep going on this way next year :APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom