eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

giphy.gif
Looks like a PES scarf!

oh dear god, ever since i played Winning Eleven 4 i have changed the button layout to be more like Fifa (or at least how Fifa was back then)
shoot with circle, cross with square
sprint with triangle and through pass/make the GK rush out with R1

i have struggled to use the fancy finesse dribble because i use triangle as sprint button, but i kinda lived without it somehow.. but this is a dealbreaker.
however, i am willing to relearn how to play and use buttons as intended.

I remember from 2019 to 2020 it was a shocker when R2 will not longer make you stop & face the goal as before, but i got used to it in a couple weeks.
I hope this will too be a swift transition.. even if i have been doing it wrong for 21 years now.

every year a new PES comes out i immediately configured my button layout.. deeply i knew it will eventually bite me in the butt
The time has come

I don't know where it came from but I've been running with triangle since fifa98. Just this week i started changing to R2. I'm getting there... But man, that muscle memory is killer

Does that mean player switching with :x:? I've been playing a bit of old FIFA recently and it's the one thing I can't get my head around!

I'm very much on traditional PES controls. Even in my FIFA days I switched sprint to :r1:.

yeah even in prehistoric times it was weird to use X to switch players. i guess we didnt knew any better

Why is MyClub such a big floaty mess?

ive been wondering this myself recently.. it’s really different. The weight isn’t there. You can set your grass to dry and that helps a bit but it’s so floaty... i don’t really
want to dwell on it because the F-word keeps springing into my mind 😬

Hi, PES fans.
My name is Srđan and I am a big fan of PES. I didn't play a couple of last PES editions because my computer broke down couple of years ago. Now I am back. :) I even started my YouTube channel where I post videos about PES gameplay. I am looking for the support so if you have time please check it out. Thank you all. :)
If you have time, please, watch my gameplay video of a match between Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid. Thank you so much. 😊

Last edited:
i use triangle as sprint button,

Thats my boy. Which game is cursed you with it? Me This is Football (psx).
dr-evil-crying1.gif

° Defence:
--------------
X = tackle
CIRCLE = sliding tackle
SQUARE = double press
TRIANGLE = sprint
L1 = call out the keeper
R1 = player switching

° Offense:
--------------
X = pass
CIRCLE = long ball
SQUARE = shoot
TRIANGLE = sprint
L1 = through pass
R1 = player switching

Last edited:
Just out of interest.. Before a game v computer. Do any of you man mark any of their players? Just the star player, all players, or don't even bother? Lol

Just out of interest.. Before a game v computer. Do any of you man mark any of their players? Just the star player, all players, or don't even bother? Lol
I used to. Back when the AI players had some individuality. Back when playing against Zidane or Henry meant you will definitely be in trouble.
I didnt bother with marking settings on any of the current gen games, coz individuality is long gone. There's an equal threat from Barcelonas Messi as there is from Missy Elliott..

Anyone know why MyClub feels so floaty? I 'm having trouble being in control of the players. It all feels a bit off and unresponsive.

Any tips?

Also it seems its just another pressure whore game and without fouls. Shielding practically non existent.

Some on here said it was like last years demo only better. That's why I bought it. I'm an idiot ffs

Anyone know why MyClub feels so floaty? I 'm having trouble being in control of the players. It all feels a bit off and unresponsive.

Any tips?

Also it seems its just another pressure whore game and without fouls. Shielding practically non existent.

Some on here said it was like last years demo only better. That's why I bought it. I'm an idiot ffs
Not many people on here play those gacha game modes so probably not the best place to ask.

The mere presence of MyClub/FUT modes is why football (and other sports) games are in the shitter this gen, so a fairly sim-based community like this doesn't really play/support the very thing making football games go the opposite direction. The lack of MyClub bollocks being discussed here is the main thing making this thread/forum tolerable to read.

Not many people on here play those gacha game modes so probably not the best place to ask.

The mere presence of MyClub/FUT modes is why football (and other sports) games are in the shitter this gen, so a fairly sim-based community like this doesn't really play/support the very thing making football games go the opposite direction. The lack of MyClub bollocks being discussed here is the main thing making this thread/forum tolerable to read.

Totally get what you are saying. I said to myself I wouldn't go on MyClub but silly me did! I like playing against another human.

I really bought it to play an offline master league. Is it worth starting one?

Hi, PES fans.
My name is Srđan and I am a big fan of PES. I didn't play a couple of last PES editions because my computer broke down couple of years ago. Now I am back. :) I even started my YouTube channel where I post videos about PES gameplay. I am looking for the support so if you have time please check it out. Thank you all. :)
Nice, I will subscribe to you and support you. Keep up the positive attitude.

Back
Top Bottom