eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

FUMA yesterday after I reached the conclusion about this year's FIFA.

The joy of scoring is there. It can fulfill my needs in a busy life.

I have thrown it away.. Can someone remember when the transfer update will be here and is there anything extra in the pipeline?

Hope they keep the gameplay as it is.

FUMA yesterday after I reached the conclusion about this year's FIFA.

The joy of scoring is there. It can fulfill my needs in a busy life.

I have thrown it away.. Can someone remember when the transfer update will be here and is there anything extra in the pipeline?

Hope they keep the gameplay as it is.

October 22 if I remember correct. I think there will be a lot of updated kits and probably a number of new faces. I can't remember any talk about new stadiums though.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they don't do anything with the gameplay in a negative way. Still playing PA0 Online Divisions and it's still REALLY good. I can't believe it myself tbh. :D

October 22 if I remember correct. I think there will be a lot of updated kits and probably a number of new faces. I can't remember any talk about new stadiums though.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they don't do anything with the gameplay in a negative way. Still playing PA0 Online Divisions and it's still REALLY good. I can't believe it myself tbh. :D

There needs to be loads of updating when it comes to the kits. There's a fairly large number of European teams who don't have the sponsor on the front of their kits, I imagine some smaller teams won't have one as they struggled to get a sponsor with the pandemic, however in some cases it's like the kits are just place holders for the final one as you can see the empty space where the sponsor would be.

They also need to continue to update transfers after this update. The domestic windows in England and Russia don't close until the 16th and 17th of October. Going on past form I have zero faith in Konami to have all the transfers from that period finished just days after. :LOL:

FUMA - any tips on playing through balls? Tried 6 matches tonight, and I'm yet to play a successful through ball, let alone have a shot. Most of the time I've been tackled before I've released the button. Other times with almost a full power bar the ball rolls a few feet?

FUMA - any tips on playing through balls? Tried 6 matches tonight, and I'm yet to play a successful through ball, let alone have a shot. Most of the time I've been tackled before I've released the button. Other times with almost a full power bar the ball rolls a few feet?
I would go into training put advamcef through balls on with on screen guides then try a game on amateur level until you get the hang of it ..I still make some mistakes but it's great when you get even ok at it

I've just started playing FUMA but I noticed the same thing with the through ball button, I've been forcing myself to do all the "ground" passing with the regular passing button, including through balls. with much better results.

Im now at superstar level full manual , adv through ball. First game in league mode 0-0 against chelsea but what a game. You really need to be switched on in defence and stand off don't get drawn to the ball or their will be space in behind .
Managed to get a few shots away on target too and felt I should have had a pen , no chance of that though ..if they fix one thing , just one pls fix the pens so we can have a few

I think of it this way; adv through balls is best to use when you get some space since it takes some time to perform (although good passers like my main man Papu Gomez seems to perform then faster), then I try to look at the movement of my attackers, wingers etc and then use a regular pass for a faster through ball.

Also; I dont know if it's placebo or not but L2+ pass in some instances feels even more manual. At least I FEEL more free with it, even if it's just in my head. :D

This was my first full weekend with the game and there's a load of positives but a few negatives. Whether a team decides to start with an attacking/neutral/defensive mindset is clearly just random and not actually based on anything. This should be based on a mixture of team ability and home/away, otherwise you end up with the farcical situation we currently have where Andorra go to play England at Wembley and start the game with an attacking mindset. Konami could resolve this incredibly easily if they could be arsed.

I need to try some other difficulties as well as messing with the tactics but on top player I do feel that the AI are way too clinical at finishing, especially when it's a poorer side (1-2 stars). Your defenders are also often caught out by being completely braindead, I don't know if this has been done purposely to make a game where there's more goals but often when you concede and you check the replay it's because your AI controlled defenders can't do the basics like tracking their man or moving to close the space.

Overall I'm enjoying it even with the few problems and with a few tweaks I think there's a very good game here, or certainly as good as we're going to get in the current era when the focus is on My Club type modes. I've also seen 2 AI red cards (including one for the keeper bringing me down) which probably equals my number of AI red cards for about the last 3 years. :LOL:

I’m not having such problem with through passes. At least I think not lol. It’s cool because I’m trying to pass around and eventually create situations to score, and then when I nail it, it’s quite rewarding and I’m also making passes that PA1 doesn’t allow me to do. Usually I’m constantly exploring space, rarely passing the ball to feet when I want to break the cpu.

Through ball has a bit faster Speed so it’s helpful on some situations. Top player does look hard to me , but Pro is a bit boring as CPU rarelly has a shot on goal.

One thing though, do you guys clear the ball easily? No matter how strong I hit the ball it always drops close the the edge of the box, and almost always on a CPU player 😤

I'm playing 12 minute halves. Top player but default passing using TV camera. Still enjoying it.

Noticed stamina replaced by conditioning now? Assuming it's the same thing

I'm playing 12 minute halves. Top player but default passing using TV camera. Still enjoying it.

Noticed stamina replaced by conditioning now? Assuming it's the same thing
Stamina is still there mate.
20 minutes FUMA plays like heaven by the way, on Top Player at least :).
What I like is that FUMA is playable even on TV cam as the control of directions is related to the Camera place, this is so sweet!

Pesuniverse v2.0 option file is out with mls league added plus all national teams fixed. Some other european teams left to be created and jleague japan...
I don't seem to have any more space for additions, even though I only installed V 1.0 option file. Is there any way I can get this fixed?

I don't seem to have any more space for additions, even though I only installed V 1.0 option file. Is there any way I can get this fixed?

If it's anything like previous years it's because PES Universe use unnecessarily large kits for leagues like the Premier League. Home/Away/Alt and Keeper kits all at high quality file sizes soon adds up and you run out of space. In previous years I've managed to get it to fit by manually removing unnecessary alternate kits where it's the same shirt just different colour shorts.

If I'm honest I don't understand why PES set a limit to this stuff, the limit should be your hard drive space.

If it's anything like previous years it's because PES Universe use unnecessarily large kits for leagues like the Premier League. Home/Away/Alt and Keeper kits all at high quality file sizes soon adds up and you run out of space. In previous years I've managed to get it to fit by manually removing unnecessary alternate kits where it's the same shirt just different colour shorts.

If I'm honest I don't understand why PES set a limit to this stuff, the limit should be your hard drive space.
Easy fix to the 2048 kits - Use this tool https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/tedit...ile-name-size-changing-sorting-players.83942/ -- Open the TED files, Check mark the Kits as S and save as PES 2021 file and will install kits as 1024. You will need to do each TED file one by one......Only takes a couple minutes. Alot quicker this way than manually changing.

Also; I dont know if it's placebo or not but L2+ pass in some instances feels even more manual. At least I FEEL more free with it, even if it's just in my head. :D
It is more manual.

I just played through a season of Dutch football in ML with AZ. Won it 3 points ahead of Ajax (other teams miles away) and won the cup as well. First time I have played FUMA on top player and did well. The game is either easier, or there is less scripting.

It is more manual.

I just played through a season of Dutch football in ML with AZ. Won it 3 points ahead of Ajax (other teams miles away) and won the cup as well. First time I have played FUMA on top player and did well. The game is either easier, or there is less scripting.

Yeah and if that is the case then we could argue that PA0- passing is somewhat stat based as well.

Just curious, did they fix the manual early cross this year?

In 2020, when you played on PA1 (or above), if you tried to perform a manual early cross with L1+L2+Circle, it just did a normal manual lofted pass instead.

The only way to do a manual early cross was playing on PA0 by just pressing L1+Circle. In 18 and 19 I used to use manual low cross as a low shot at goal sometimes. Keepers weren't so superhuman against them. They broke this in 20 somehow.

Still not buying the game, just wondered if they fixed this as I haven't seen anyone mention it.

I play legend FUMA.. it is a great taste on difficulty manner and results.. but still less responsive when compared with playing on Superstar. Of course there is still scripting (advantage) in ML. when you are playing stronger team, you have the advantage with you, and vice versa ..(when you use a 4-5 star team and playing against a 2.5-3 star team you have the disvadvantage).. so here is my advice for FUMA ML players... against opponents stronger then you (same star level or more) play on Legend and against opponents weaker than you (less star-teams) play on SS, as I gave at least 300 hours of FUMA gameplay on PES 2020 and 2021 in total, this is the best balance..

By the way I'm so satisfied with the level that PES already at.. in gameplay manner, compared to rival, it is A LOT but A LOT better as a football simulation... PES 2022 can be something very special if Konami doesnt ruin anything.. I remember the transition between from PS2 to PS3 , konami ruined everyhthing in PES 2011 , I hope not to experience such a thing again... !!

I play legend FUMA.. it is a great taste on difficulty manner and results.. but still less responsive when compared with playing on Superstar. Of course there is still scripting (advantage) in ML. when you are playing stronger team, you have the advantage with you, and vice versa ..(when you use a 4-5 star team and playing against a 2.5-3 star team you have the disvadvantage).. so here is my advice for FUMA ML players... against opponents stronger then you (same star level or more) play on Legend and against opponents weaker than you (less star-teams) play on SS, as I gave at least 300 hours of FUMA gameplay on PES 2020 and 2021 in total, this is the best balance..

I used to do this in 2018 or 19, can't remember which. I would scale the difficulty to the opponent - ranking each team usually separating the league into 3 sections: the top clubs, mid table and relegation candidates. I would even go down to professional sometimes for the very weak teams (I also played FUMA and max difficulty I played was superstar)

One Thing (Not including Pes 15) Pes always gets right is the CPU Vs CPU results and final tables.
When I play ML,Juventus is hard to catch,they usually lose 3-4 games a season,and winning the league is quite hard,but really realistic.
Fifa 17-19 were all over the place,and still is (20).

Plus I always enjoyed managers (ai) getting sacked.
Man I miss playing ML

Back
Top Bottom