eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Ok I’m confortable with PA0 now. Just need to get used to manual shooting or maybe advanced, all my matches yesterday were goaless for my team lol. Game is really way more random on FUMA. Like a diferent game when you give it a proper time to let ir grow on you. Starting to feel that I can’t go back to PA1 now.

Yep. False 9 when I want to drop the striker deeper. Fits for the likes of Lewangoalski and others!

When you have two strikers, who becomes the False 9? Because if I'm remembering right you can't choose? Or do you have to set one of the strikers as a SS and then he automatically becomes the False 9 if you use that?

When you have two strikers, who becomes the False 9? Because if I'm remembering right you can't choose? Or do you have to set one of the strikers as a SS and then he automatically becomes the False 9 if you use that?
Till now I only set it for one striker. Never tired 2. Guess you just choose false9 a second time and mark the striker you want to drop. 2x Advanced instructions to false9!

Till now I only set it for one striker. Never tired 2. Guess you just choose false9 a second time and mark the striker you want to drop. 2x Advanced instructions to false9!
Hm, perhaps it's not possible to have a False 9 with 2 strikers. The whole idea with a False 9 is that he is alone, I think. Any spaniards here who can explain, you invented that stuff! ;)

Last edited:
Ok I’m confortable with PA0 now. Just need to get used to manual shooting or maybe advanced, all my matches yesterday were goaless for my team lol. Game is really way more random on FUMA. Like a diferent game when you give it a proper time to let ir grow on you. Starting to feel that I can’t go back to PA1 now.
The key for me is direction and power then let go before the ball is struck , that's what I do if you hold direction too long it ends up a mess. If you look at my last video the three goals Inc the header were all scored like this

Good find! R3 feels a bit weird though right? But hey, I'm old so everything NEW feels weird...
yes. i wish it was on L3+double tap sprint (so both hands are involved or better: not only one hand doing everything). best way would be a tripple press on sprint i guess... but hey... at least its in the game! cant wait to use it tonight as speedy players are a blast in 2021. no catch up bug is doing the rest! great stuff, imo! im happy we have something new to try! :D

yes. i wish it was on L3+double tap sprint (so both hands are involved or better: not only one hand doing everything). best way would be a tripple press on sprint i guess... but hey... at least its in the game! cant wait to use it tonight as speedy players are a blast in 2021. no catch up bug is doing the rest! great stuff, imo! im happy we have something new to try! :D
This seems pretty interesting. I just hopes it works as it should be. Cause by now even the simple R1 double tap, when you are handicaped by CPU, in ML or League either, your player knocks the ball, but while he is running forward, actually he looks like he is moving being pulled backwards. I do not know how to explain it better, maybe it is like in Looney Toons when the bad guy is running but he is not moving actually, he just moves fast his feet.

With this combination, i hope your player speeds and accelaraters according to his stats.

Since we’re on a “finding controls” thing, here goes. I played a quick match a minute ago, and it seems that, on aereal balls, if I double touch the RS on the desired direction after pressing the shot button, my players actually try harder to win the ball? I’ve won a couple defensive headers this way on this match, and it almost looked like my players won the phisical battle and jumped higher... I’ll try that on upcoming matches to make sure it wasn’t a stats thing or just the momentum, but I felt new to me.

Hello folks! I'm issuing an apology for my rant the other day. Fair enough I am proper pissed off with the way the game is at the moment and the series in general but it was unfair of me to downplay the efforts of PesUniverse and the Midnite Kid.

I have had many discussions with Barry over the years and it was out of character for me to rant about him as well.

I suppose at the end of the day, he is a hardcore supporter of the series like me and I shouldn't have shit on his parade so to speak. To me he has always came across a nice guy and willing to do his best.

Anyway just setting the record straight.

Hello folks! I'm issuing an apology for my rant the other day. Fair enough I am proper pissed off with the way the game is at the moment and the series in general but it was unfair of me to downplay the efforts of PesUniverse and the Midnite Kid.

I have had many discussions with Barry over the years and it was out of character for me to rant about him as well.

I suppose at the end of the day, he is a hardcore supporter of the series like me and I shouldn't have shit on his parade so to speak. To me he has always came across a nice guy and willing to do his best.

Anyway just setting the record straight.
Good on you. I've got to apologise too.

I've spoken to Barry before and he's a really nice guy - something that is seemingly going out of style in the world right now. Whether you agree or disagree with paying for option files.

(And something I didn't realise was that all the PES Universe content is available for free via their forums, so I didn't have my facts straight there. The paid options are just to support the site - something I know we've considered in the past, because web hosting isn't free and the costs are only getting higher.)

We spoke on the phone after some comments I made on here, and I came to realise that it must have felt pretty shit to achieve something that means a lot to you, having your first professional review published by a big name site, and then have another guy who's been in the PES community for as long as you have (15-17 years) calling foul play.

I have apologised to Barry - and to Asim, who I mentioned in the same comment, and who took the time to speak to me earlier this week. Sometimes it's too easy to be cynical. For me, anyway.

Exhibition match, superstar, pa0, 12min.
PA0 is definitely more fun as PA1 is way too assisted and it gets boring pretty fast. With pa0 it felt more free and less on rails. I can also play the way that is not possible with pa1.
Also it felt like the ai is playing with pa0 too. Maybe..

Well said Chris. Yes I spoke out of turn in putting Barry down. I forgot the option files etc were free and how can anyone disregard the effort these people put in. I have probably lost a good contact in Barry and I good person as well.

Im an idiot. I need to stay away from this game altogether. Brings out the worst in me

Thing is - sometimes the only way to see clearly is to let go. We are all passionate and its the one thing where no one cant fault us.
We're all in this together and we all want the same thing.
The only way we can have any impact on future games is when all communities are standing together, cooperating.
Pesuniverse has huge support and access to konami peeps.
Evo has a bunch of crazy talented people who had performed some miracles on the gameplay.
It really is the time we all joined up and shaped football games.
Whether developers want to admit it or not - without communities like that - they'd be bolloxed. Maybe EA not as much, but Konami - 100%.
Group Hug
tenor - 2020-10-08T134918.281.gif

..R3+double pressing sprint!

oh dear god, ever since i played Winning Eleven 4 i have changed the button layout to be more like Fifa (or at least how Fifa was back then)
shoot with circle, cross with square
sprint with triangle and through pass/make the GK rush out with R1

i have struggled to use the fancy finesse dribble because i use triangle as sprint button, but i kinda lived without it somehow.. but this is a dealbreaker.
however, i am willing to relearn how to play and use buttons as intended.

I remember from 2019 to 2020 it was a shocker when R2 will not longer make you stop & face the goal as before, but i got used to it in a couple weeks.
I hope this will too be a swift transition.. even if i have been doing it wrong for 21 years now.

every year a new PES comes out i immediately configured my button layout.. deeply i knew it will eventually bite me in the butt
The time has come

oh dear god, ever since i played Winning Eleven 4 i have changed the button layout to be more like Fifa (or at least how Fifa was back then)

i have struggled to use the fancy finesse dribble because i use triangle as sprint button, but i kinda lived without it somehow.. but this is a dealbreaker.

I remember from 2019 to 2020 it was a shocker when R2 will not longer make you stop & face the goal as before, but i got used to it in a couple weeks.
I hope this will too be a swift transition.. even if i have been doing it wrong for 21 years now.

every year a new PES comes out i immediately configured my button layout.. deeply i knew it will eventually bite me in the butt
The time has come
my layout has always been the same. i just switched shot and high pass years ago! shooting needs to be on circle for me. the rest is PES standard.

R3 sounds incredibly wrong,if it's pushing it down that is?

I agree, as someone said before, it could've just been easier L3 or triple tap sprint button

my layout has always been the same. i just switched shot and high pass years ago! shooting needs to be on circle for me. the rest is PES standard.

I'll start just switching R1 / triangle.. hopefully ill get used to it fast

switching the high pass/shooting at the same time will just drive me mad

The time has come
May i ask how do you press :triangle: + :x: + :circle: , when you are marking, while running and want to 2nd-man press in the same time?? I am really curious now... :CONF:

May i ask how do you press :triangle: + :x: + :circle: , when you are marking, while running and want to 2nd-man press in the same time?? I am really curious now... :CONF:

huge fingers + tiny controller = most powerfull combination ever. Don’t even think to buy PEs from now on if you have small fingers. That’s the minimum requirements for the next generation PES. You can also buy the game if you have played Mortal Kombat and executed Finishes on all combats for the last 3 years. Of course this is on manual.If you like, you can play on assisted level 5, where you’ll only need to press a single button to play the whole match.

huge fingers + tiny controller = most powerfull combination ever. Don’t even think to buy PEs from now on if you have small fingers. That’s the minimum requirements for the next generation PES. You can also buy the game if you have played Mortal Kombat and executed Finishes on all combats for the last 3 years. Of course this is on manual.If you like, you can play on assisted level 5, where you’ll only need to press a single button to play the whole match.
My thumb is fat enough, but i can push either two buttons in DS4, if they are side by side, or all 4 of them. Neither only 3, nor only :square:+:circle: combination.

LOL i think its fairly easy, :triangle: + :circle: & :triangle: + :x: + :circle: just with the thumb
it can get tricky when you're running and dont want to press but want to send 2nd man to press

(i also use :circle: for pressing, :x: for 2nd man press tho)

i have struggled to use the fancy finesse dribble because i use triangle as sprint button,

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom