eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

The disc version on release was the same as the demo..Both for PS4 and Xbox..It was just optimised more.The pc version on release was the same as the first patch on the consoles on release.

This year version 1.00.00 is more raw then 20’s demo..Game speed goes into overdrive at times,and there’s loads more glitches and bugs..That’s why they patched early and it doesn’t change the gameplay..It was to stabilise it,and de-bug.
see, thats what i wanted to test tonight, playing the raw disc vanilla.
so it aint as good as the 2020 vanilla disc!? thanks for testing!
so i'll stay with 1.01 for now... until users report the next patch aint doing the current 1.01 any harm! :) then i'd update.

Had them digital, man. Not a fan of discs anymore :)
but its so hard to get used digital copies for a low price in good condition! ;)

i personally dont want to miss on used sales and being able to sell i game i dont play anymore (or lend me one from a friend / vice versa). now, that i think about it... this gets the average price of a game down as well (@bsmaff ).

Hello Klashman69
Are u going to create tactics for Pes 2021 for PS4 in pdf format like last year?
Thank u

Yes, i think i might start of with beta tactics (carry all lineups over with the same manager) then do a proper first version in October/November once all the squads finalized.

Was tired yesterday, will continue streams this week.

Yes, i think i might start of with beta tactics (carry all lineups over with the same manager) then do a proper first version in October/November once all the squads finalized.

let us know as soon as the first PDF is done, mate! cant wait to set it all up! :TU:

i'll be spending some time now getting rid of all the adv. instructions first! then i'll do minor starting formation edits and no all-out-attack (only some really minor teams).

and yes, i'll stick with 2021 v 1.01 for now! have a bit of rest, 2020 vanilla! :LOVE:

see, thats what i wanted to test tonight, playing the raw disc vanilla.
so it aint as good as the 2020 vanilla disc!? thanks for testing!
so i'll stay with 1.01 for now... until users report the next patch aint doing the current 1.01 any harm! :) then i'd update.

I only patched on Monday..I played version 1.00.00 on the Xbox X for three days..

I only patched because certain games were going into overdrive,game speed,ball acceleration(some games felt 50 percent faster).I also noticed at time’s players scating across the pitch like there feet weren’t touching the ground(hovering or just freezing and skating)..You would see it maybe once or twice in every three games.

Not seen it since and I’ve only had one situation since I patched where the cpu defender stopped when he was in front of my
Forward on a long ball and went into the offside animation rather then just get the ball inches in front of him (it allowed me a easy goal).Ive tryed it countless times since and can’t reproduce it(just a glitch where the wrong line command was triggered).Happened a lot in 20 especially with my own defenders.

The problem I have with advanced instructions is they override a lot of the the other instructions/player styles. Konami has done a piss poor job really educating the fans that most, not all, but most, advance instructions should be used situationally during a match because they override other instructions and player styles. I know a lot of pes players that keep them on for an entire match! When i've done that i've just felt my team didn't play right because the advanced instructions are too literal. I've had a lengthy conversation with Robbye Ron about this and konami's inability to really inform the fans on these different tactical elements and how they interact and cancel out or override other player styles or tactical elements. He agreed.

For example, if you have two wingbacks that are "offensive fullbacks" play style, there isn't a need to have attacking fullbacks advanced instruction on for an entire match and have your DMF drop deep taking him out of the build up.

The good thing is Konami knows they have way too much going on under the hood with the A.I. and the tactics. Based off my conversation with Adam Bhatti a few months ago, this is something they are working on for 2022. Too much going on with too many layers. I really really hope we get better tactics/A.I. for 2022 lol because yea, there are flaws in other parts of gameplay but overall, if the A.I. was PS2 comparable A.I., way way more people would be playing and enjoying the game.

I'm going to make a huge post about player styles and their impact in a bit haha so be ready!

It's been the opposite of situational for yrs. If ppl can use gegenpress for 90+mins with no (stamina) consequences why would they think that other advanced tactics would need to be used at the right time. Plus match variety is so limited on Fox Engine, reading the ebb n flow of a game to decide when and where to implement changes has little use imo.

If the tactics system isn't completely overhauled for '22 I have little hope for nextgen Pes. It'll show that they are willing to port old code as a foundation (most of which imo has fundamental problems). Stuff like this is part of the skeletal code the rest of the gameplay is built upon. On a yearly release title, it's not like they can replace it for '23 or '24. It's there for the duration.

If the Fox Engine era has taught us anything, individually fine-tuning tactics, shooting, refs, collisions, keepers, passing, AI has a limit. Then they have to fit together and look for an overall balance. A yearly release limits them even further (not to mention the majority of that time is dedicated to MymicrotransactionClub).

im using this one atm: https://www.wehellas.gr/index.php/d...-ps4-pesuniverse-option-file-v1-mix-downloads

@Tom @Chris Davies will we only have this one thread for the 2021 game!? no seperate PC thread?

We haven't actually talked about it this time, but the "All Formats" in this title makes me think that @Chris Davies (or someone else) put tons of thoughts into it. Personally, I don't really think it's needed since most folks posted their PC issues into new threads anyway. But if you guys think it's still better to have one, go ahead and I'll make it a sticky.

I'm having a newbie issue, i play on pc and looks like my game isn't updated (bought yesterday). No James at Everton, no Werner, Havertz or Ziyech at Chelsea, etc. What did i miss?

I'm playing on PC too and my game time is almost 4 HOUR but I didn't see the main menu yet. :D
I don't know what's the problem with the game. Every game working fine but PES21 is frozen at the Konami logo and my GPU usage is 99%. Same thing happened with PES20 in August btw. I just don't get it. Anybody has the same issue?

We haven't actually talked about it this time, but the "All Formats" in this title makes me think that @Chris Davies (or someone else) put tons of thoughts into it. Personally, I don't really think it's needed since most folks posted their PC issues into new threads anyway. But if you guys think it's still better to have one, go ahead and I'll make it a sticky.
well, i'm personally annoyed as a console gamer reading about the PC probs all the time...
have a look at the PC 2020 thread... "every 3rd comment" is a problem with the system or steam and not about the game itself. ;)

but thats just my opinion. i go along with whatever you guys decide. :BYE:

well, i'm personally annoyed as a console gamer reading about the PC probs all the time...
have a look at the PC 2020 thread... "every 3rd comment" is a problem with the system or steam and not about the game itself. ;)

I sort of agree.
Not that it's the end of the world...

You start it, I'll pin it.

In other news...

NuApz8p.jpg

Great...

As someone who played PES 2020 pretty much every day. PES 2021 feels slightly more refined, not much but just enough to feel slightly more responsive. Though with PES the game has a habit of breaking itself.

You start it, I'll pin it.

In other news...

NuApz8p.jpg

Great...
If it is again about the DUMMY Players, it is a problem warned us since two years ago. My personal theory is, the database structure, inside EDIT00000.bin is very old by now, almost 10 years old,. The more they stretch it, the more it backfires with bugs.

The Thai league case, the HAALAND case, the ANSU FATI CASE, the auto-erased Of case, the DUMMY case, the LIVE UPDATE bug to all unedited players case. There were many signs the past two years.

My theory is all has to do with the LIVE UPDATE function mainly and then with some IDs KONAMI uses to add players labeled "added via LIVE UPDATE". Maybe they collide maybe the data engine creates loops with some unused IDs. But it is all theory. I do not own the pes database, Konami developers have it and know it. All we, players can do is just give feedback.

In an ideal world, if KONAMI had proper feedback or suuport team, all they had to do is read these two threads

http://www.pesgaming.com/index.php?...onger-restart-to-be-able-to-edit-them.105229/

http://www.pesgaming.com/index.php?threads/ps4-adding-back-hidden-removed-players.105053/

Or better straight to the source ask this reddit user about his findings

So I am a bit confused here; will Evo-Web move on from PES 2020 and focus purely on adding patches and gameplay fixes to the 2021 update, or should I just stay with PES 2020 and wait for patches and gameplay changes there? It seems I will only miss new officially updated faces from KONAMI by skipping PES 2021, but I am not sure about that :THINK:

Luckily no crash for me in my ML. What classes as a dummy player? I've got a created player in my team.

Oh, and while I'm here - Playing as Arsenal I've just had my first FA Cup game - in October. What's that all about? And we don't have our 3rd kit(blue). I have to assume that's coming in October.

Last edited:
Started to learn to play manual. Just had a game with a strong against weak team on Top Player and managed to score 3 goals - one shot from outside the box and two headers from a free kick and from corner. The headers are definitely much much better. And the game as a whole feels really good.

GUYS, has anyone tried playing a Man Utd ML for this season????? I DID AND THEYRE IN THE EUROPA LEAGUE????? WHY KONAMI WHY???? literally stopping me from starting it cas that just SUCKS.

I wrote this to Turkish thread as well but would love to help for Super Lig part of you are interested

Back
Top Bottom